Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) (47056 Views)

The Statue Of The Three Lagos White Cap Chiefs / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) / Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by ariesbull: 8:04pm On Feb 13, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:
OBI OF UNUANI KINGDOM WITH HIS CROWNED PRINCE IN FULL PROUD EDO REGALIA!!!

Ukwuani doesn't have an Obi
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 13, 2017
Olu317:
I can see another EDO chap looking for attention as well. So OGUN has become your king EWUARE? You are very new in the world of history study. I guess you should then go IRE-EKITI and tell them to shift the abode of OGUN-ONIRE shrine to EDO state....My Question is, where do YORUBA relocate OGUNShrine to in EDO or BINI?,Secondly, how big was BINI EMPIRE in the purported lies being spread around? The Copies of Portuguese account is still in the archives of world libraries on their account when they came in contact with Bini. And it specifically stated that the Father of BINI is in the East of Bini, while the Oba Bini at that time in 14th century pointed to the direction of ILE IFE. In fact, it will b a great thing for Bini to stay on her own. After all, Netherlands pulled out of Germany and both are doing well today despite Germany being the largest economy in the whole of Europe. Truth is bitter but swallow it.

Where is the East of Benin? Simple kindergarten geography would have taught you that Ife is located North West of Benin and not East. From Ife to Benin by leg does not take 3 moons(months). So what part of that story are you trying to distort? The ya'riba's has been re-writing history to suit and boost their dwindling ego. No wonder you have several version of the origin of Oduduwa the Prince from Igodomigodo but the Bini only have one and we stand by it till eternity. According to your history Ogun was once a king in yoruba land,abi nor be so una write am? Prince Ogun which we all know as Oba Ewaure 1 n'ogidigan was a warrior and we all know Ogun is associated with war and till date the Benin are war like unlike your coward brothers who cannot stand and face a battle even in their homestead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2017
Olu317:
.....WHERE DID OBA BINI SAY SUCH THAT ODUDUWA CAME FROM OGODOMIGODO or whatever YOU CALL THAT VILLAGE?I NEED NOT ENGAGE LIAR LIKE YOU. I HAD THOUGHT YOU HAVE SOMETHING TANGIBLE TO WRITE BUT HERE YOU ARE DISTORTING HISTORY. OONI IS A WISE MAN AND WILL NEVER STOP ENGAGE IN SUCH UNFOUNDED THEORIES. I'M MADE — I MADE — IMADE . Come up with someone with Ten popular people with EDO NAMES else park well and lemme see the FRONT.

Please search google for the clip. The Oba of Benin stated categorically in presence of Ooni of Ife and the Ooni never disputed it. Because him know wetin dey, but una wey be children of slaves knows nothing.

Oba of Benin stated during his coronation that Oramiyan the son of Oduduwa the son of the last Ogiso of Igodomigodo was the first Oba of Benin. He said it in plain english and not Benin. So wetin u nor understand there?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Olu317(m): 9:39pm On Feb 13, 2017
opal4real:

Where is the East of Benin? Simple kindergarten geography would have taught you that Ife is located North West of Benin and not East. From Ife to Benin by leg does not take 3 moons(months). So what part of that story are you trying to distort? The ya'riba's has been re-writing history to suit and boost their dwindling ego. No wonder you have several version of the origin of Oduduwa the Prince from Igodomigodo but the Bini only have one and we stand by it till eternity. According to your history Ogun was once a king in yoruba land,abi nor be so una write am? Prince Ogun which we all know as Oba Ewaure 1 n'ogidigan was a warrior and we all know Ogun is associated with war and till date the Benin are war like unlike your coward brothers who cannot stand and face a battle even in their homestead.
...OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE NOT LETTERED. BINI FALL WITHIN THE GEOGRAPHICAL EASTERN PART OF YORUBA LAND. HENCE I EXCOMMUNICATE YOU! ...GO AND READ O.B OSADOLOR'S BOOK ON BINI HISTORY. I KNOW YOU ARE AN UNDERGRADUATE AND BECAUSE OF THIS, I WILL ADVISE YOU TO GO TO SCHOOL AND LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR HISTORY AND MAP. IT IS A SHAME I AM EVEN EXCHANGING MESSAGES WITH A YOUNG MAN THAT CANNOT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MOOD AND DOOM.....

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 13, 2017
Whoever takes these illiterate Bini king & his twatttt subjects serious is wasting away his energy.

Below are pages from a book published in 1957 by an independent researcher, an European who sourced his data in Bini from Bini people.

In the red marked paragraph, an European visited Bini in 1458 way before your last iliterate revisionist king & a whole lot of you poorly read online scholars & twatts were born.

Now read & thank me later.

I included the coverpage for you folks to get copies & enlighten your poop stained minds.

Your kings' heads were taken back to Ife, Ooni approved your kings, you kissed Ife's asssss and recognized Ife's supreriority. Your recent revisionism is just being butt hurt from the western region politics and been struggling to carve a separate identity away from Yoruba for yourself.

Olodo Kingdom that Ibadan would have ravaged cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 13, 2017
Olu317:
...OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE NOT LETTERED. BINI FALL WITHIN THE GEOGRAPHICAL EASTERN PART OF YORUBA LAND. HENCE I EXCOMMUNICATE YOU! ...GO AND READ O.B OSADOLOR'S BOOK ON BINI HISTORY. I KNOW YOU ARE AN UNDERGRADUATE AND BECAUSE OF THIS, I WILL ADVISE YOU TO GO TO SCHOOL AND LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR HISTORY AND MAP. IT IS A SHAME I AM EVEN EXCHANGING MESSAGES WITH A YOUNG MAN THAT CANNOT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MOOD AND DOOM.....

Baba, don't waste your energy on this twats.

It is a known fact they relied on Ife for how to run a kingdom, art and traditional religion.

The Arrow doesn't know there are 7 different ogun & the Ooni Ogun was not the same as the god of iron Ogun but someone who used the name as a congnomen - someone played the role of Sango in a movie and has forever been called Sango. Does this make him the actual Sango in the coming decades?

Very shitty brained people who are forever shitting on the work of their own son Egharevba who did a thorough documentation of Bini history in the early to mid 20th century.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 13, 2017
Here's another attending to Bini's expansion towards Owo, Ekiti & Ondo.

See the paragraph marked in red.

Bini Italian dimwits

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Olu317(m): 10:00pm On Feb 13, 2017
O0ni:

Baba, don't waste your energy on this twats.

It is a known fact they relied on Ife for how to run a kingdom, art and traditional religion.

The Arrow doesn't know there are 7 different ogun & the Ooni Ogun was not the same as the god of iron Ogun but someone who used the name as a congnomen - someone played the role of Sango in a movie and has forever been called Sango. Does this make him the actual Sango in the coming decades?

Very shitty brained people who are forever shitting on the work of their own son Egharevba who did a thorougj documentation of Bini history in the early to mind 20th century.
KAARE BA MI,I APPRECIATE. I HAVE SHIFTED MY ATTENTION AWAY FROM HIM. GOD BLESS YOU MY DEAR BRO.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 13, 2017
Olu317:
KAARE BA MI,I APPRECIATE. I HAVE SHIFTED MY ATTENTION AWAY FROM HIM. GOD BLESS YOU MY DEAR BRO.

O better beyen.

Leave them to debate the author of that text, the European that interviewed the Bini king & the Bini King Osolua who gave the true account of Bini's junior role to that of Ife/Yoruba.

If they like they can curse the king, na dem sabi.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Olu317(m): 10:17pm On Feb 13, 2017
O0ni:

Bini Italian dimwits
Even there is assumptions on the conquest which had no iota of truth but egocentric motive. I wish these really Tasted death as YORUBA FOUGHT AGAINST JIHADISTS. All these mouth running would have been halted. Even the so called claim of ASHIPA being from is doubtful because Bini princes don't bear such names. They have claimed Oduduwa that knows not them. Perhaps the writing on ORANMIYAN OBELISK IS ALSO BINI LANGUAGE. LET them come and explain to us where OGISO ORIGINATE FROM? after all they claim they are from the sky.. What language do they speak in the sky? We know that it was less than 60 years they stopped speaking or using YORUBA as the BINI PALACE COURT LANGUAGE. I BOW for this people. Let this people be on there own joor.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Olu317(m): 10:21pm On Feb 13, 2017
O0ni:

Bini Italian dimwits
Even there is assumptions on the conquest which had no iota of truth but egocentric motive. I wish this EDO PEOPLE really Tasted death as YORUBA WARRIORS DID WHEN THEY FOUGHT AGAINST FULANI JIHADISTS. All these mouth running would have been halted. Even the so called claim of ASHIPA being from BINI is doubtful because Bini princes don't bear such name. They have claimed Oduduwa that knows not them. Perhaps the writing(TRIDENT) on ORANMIYAN OBELISK IS ALSO BINI LANGUAGE. LET them come and explain to us where OGISO DYNASTY ORIGINATE FROM? after all they claim they are from the sky.. What language do they speak in the sky? We know that it was less than 60 years they stopped speaking or using YORUBA as the BINI PALACE COURT LANGUAGE. I BOW for this people. Let this people be on there own joor.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by EdoNation(f): 10:32pm On Feb 13, 2017
[[s]quote author=Olu317 post=53683747].....WHERE DID OBA BINI SAY SUCH THAT ODUDUWA CAME FROM OGODOMIGODO or whatever YOU CALL THAT VILLAGE?I NEED NOT ENGAGE LIAR LIKE YOU. I HAD THOUGHT YOU HAVE SOMETHING TANGIBLE TO WRITE BUT HERE YOU ARE DISTORTING HISTORY. OONI IS A WISE MAN AND WILL NEVER STOP ENGAGE IN SUCH UNFOUNDED THEORIES. I'M MADE — I MADE — IMADE . Come up with someone with Ten popular people with EDO NAMES else park well and lemme see the FRONT. [/quote][/s]

THE GREAT OBA OF BENIN SAID SO AT HIS CORONATOIN ..... DAT RAT U CALL OONI WAS THERE

GOOGLE IS UR FRIEND........IF U CAN AFFORD MB TO BROWSE grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Olu317(m): 10:36pm On Feb 13, 2017
O0ni:
Whoever takes these illiterate Bini king & his twatttt subjects serious is wasting away his energy.

Below are pages from a book published in 1957 by an independent researcher, an European who sourced his data in Bini from Bini people.

In the red marked paragraph, an European visited Bini in 1458 way before your last iliterate revisionist king & a whole lot of you poorly read online scholars & twatts were born.

I included the coverpage for you folks to get copies & enlighten your poop stained minds.

Your kings' heads were taken back to Ife, Ooni approved your kings, you kissed Ife's asssss and recognized Ife's supreriority. Your recent revisionism is just being butt hurt from the western region politics and been struggling to carve a separate identity away from Yoruba for yourself.

DO YOU MIND THOSE UNGRATEFUL ELEMENTS. IF NOT EKITIPARAPO THAT INCLUDED NEARLY ALL YORUBA STARTING WITH IJEBU OWORO KAABA,EGBA, EKITI, IGBOMNA, IFE, ILESHA, ILAJE, ITSEKIRI etc AGAINST IBADAN. THE UNGRATEFUL PEOPLE WOULD HAVE SEEN HELL ON EARTH.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by EdoNation(f): 10:41pm On Feb 13, 2017
[[s]quote author=O0ni post=53687561]Whoever takes these illiterate Bini king & his twatttt subjects serious is wasting away his energy.

Olodo Kingdom that Ibadan would have ravaged cheesy[/quote][/s]

TRASH PRINTED AT ONE DIRTY STINKY SLUM IN IBADAN!!

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by EdoNation(f): 10:43pm On Feb 13, 2017
[s]
Olu317:
DO YOU MIND THOSE UNGRATEFUL ELEMENTS. IF NOT EKITIPARAPO THAT INCLUDED NEARLY ALL YORUBA STARTING WITH IJEBU OWORO KAABA,EGBA, EKITI, IGBOMNA, IFE, ILESHA, ILAJE, ITSEKIRI etc AGAINST IBADAN. THE UNGRATEFUL PEOPLE WOULD HAVE SEEN HELL ON EARTH.
[/s]

YOU WULD AV BEEN DECIMATED IN SECONDS BY THE BENIN EMPIRE!!

EVEN UP TILL TODAY U LOTS ARE STILL KNOWN FOR COWARDICE HAHAHA cheesy

VERY SHAMEFULL
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 14, 2017
Olu317:

The Copies of Portuguese account is still in the archives of world libraries on their account when they came in contact with Bini. And it specifically stated that the Father of BINI is in the East of Bini, while the Oba Bini at that time in 14th century pointed to the direction of ILE IFE

These are your words? Do you have dementia due to alcohol intoxication that you easily forgets what you wrote previously?

I rather not waste my time with a brain dead. You stated that the Father of Benin is in the EAST of BENIN, is IFE in the EAST of BENIN? What a twerp!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 14, 2017
O0ni:

Presumably that's the word. The writer was not sure and that particular part of his writings were based purely on assumptions. The true intention of Egharavba who happens to be partly Yoruba has been discovered long ago. Show us book about Ooni of Ife conquest and superiority not those written based on assumptions.

I implore you to read more about the Kiriji war, how Ogedengbe come over to Benin to seek the blessing of the then Oba. That blessing was what he held on to and turn the rag tag army of common thieves from Ibadan to ashes.

Most of the military men who ravaged the Ibadan army where Benin warriors, you can read the trial of Ologbesere and co by the colonist. His anger was most men he led during the kiriji war were the same men the British used to betray Benin......
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Olu317(m): 12:35pm On Feb 14, 2017
opal4real:

The Copies of Portuguese account is still in the archives of world libraries on their account when they came in contact with Bini. And it specifically stated that the Father of BINI is in the East of Bini, while the Oba Bini at that time in 14th century pointed to the direction of ILE IFE

These are your words? Do you have dementia due to alcohol intoxication that you easily forgets what you wrote previously?

I rather not waste my time with a brain dead. You stated that the Father of Benin is in the EAST of BENIN, is IFE in the EAST of BENIN? What a twerp!
OLD OYO EMPIRE WAS NORTH WEST, ONDO AXIS IS EAST OF YORUBA LAND. slowpoke. FROM THE GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION OF THE KING IN BINI, WHERE DOES THE DIRECTION POSIT AND RIVER NIGER? IDIOT, GO AND READ THE MAP. AFTER THIS,TELL YOUR ELDERLY ONES THAT KNOW MORE ABOUT MAP TO EXPLAIN TO YOU BETTER. HOWEVER, I WANT TO CLEARLY KNOW YOU BELONG TO THE GROUP OF ANIMALS THAT THEIR BRAIN WORK IN A RETROGRESSIVE WAY. I AM SURE YOU ARE NEW IN THE WORLD WEED SMOKING WHICH MUST BE THE REASON YOU ARE TECHNICALLY DOWN WITHOUT EXISTING THINKING FACULTY. A SMELLY PIG THAT CAN'T EVEN SPEAK HIS OWN LANGUAGE BUT INSTEAD YORUBA. I CAN'T IMAGINE THIS UNTRACEABLE PEOPLE WITH NONSENSICAL THEORIES OF KING OF THE SKY. I AM YET TO KNOW THE OGISO SKY KING' DESCENDANTS THAT HAS NO VILLAGE OF HIS OWN BUT A PERPETUAL YORUBA SLAVES TILL INFINITY. WHERE ARE THE POWERLESS OGISO DYNASTY? AFTERALL ILORIN STILL HAVE DESCENDANTS OF AFONJA BATTLING WITH THE GAMBARI FAMILY OVER THE RIGHTFUL OWNER OF THE THRONE IN ILORIN AND THEIR VOICES ARE BEING HEARD. ARE YOU AN OGISO? SEE THIS SON OF SHAME EXCHANGING BANTER WITH ME? YOU ARE DOOMED LIKE EVIL DEAD.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 14, 2017
Olu317:
OLD OYO EMPIRE WAS NORTH WEST, ONDO AXIS IS EAST OF YORUBA LAND. slowpoke. FROM THE GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION OF THE KING IN BINI, WHERE DOES THE DIRECTION POSIT AND RIVER NIGER? IDIOT, GO AND READ THE MAP. AFTER THIS,TELL YOUR ELDERLY ONES THAT KNOW MORE ABOUT MAP TO EXPLAIN TO YOU BETTER. HOWEVER, I WANT TO CLEARLY KNOW YOU BELONG TO THE GROUP OF ANIMALS THAT THEIR BRAIN WORK IN A RETROGRESSIVE WAY. I AM SURE YOU ARE NEW IN THE WORLD WEED SMOKING WHICH MUST BE THE REASON YOU ARE TECHNICALLY DOWN WITHOUT EXISTING THINKING FACULTY. A SMELLY PIG THAT CAN'T EVEN SPEAK HIS OWN LANGUAGE BUT INSTEAD YORUBA. I CAN'T IMAGINE THIS UNTRACEABLE PEOPLE WITH NONSENSICAL THEORIES OF KING OF THE SKY. I AM YET TO KNOW THE OGISO SKY KING' DESCENDANTS THAT HAS NO VILLAGE OF HIS OWN BUT A PERPETUAL YORUBA SLAVES TILL INFINITY. WHERE ARE THE POWERLESS OGISO DYNASTY? AFTERALL ILORIN STILL HAVE DESCENDANTS OF AFONJA BATTLING WITH THE GAMBARI FAMILY OVER THE RIGHTFUL OWNER OF THE THRONE IN ILORIN AND THEIR VOICES ARE BEING HEARD. ARE YOU AN OGISO? SEE THIS SON OF SHAME EXCHANGING BANTER WITH ME? YOU ARE DOOMED LIKE EVIL DEAD.

Stop yelling you slowpoke! Can't you read what you wrote and see the foo.lishness you are displaying? In one sentence you claim the father of Benin is in the East of Benin which happens to be the present day River Niger/South East and we all know Ile Ife is in the West of Benin, how could you be so sill.y and stupid the same time. My question to you although I doubt if you will be intelligent enough to understand the question ( WHO IS THE FATHER OF BENIN IN THE EAST)?
Being a dimwit and an ignoramus buffoon who is unsure of who his real father is, I know you will chicken out and come back here yelling. I wonder what stuff you smoke.
The Ogiso descendants are now ruling over all ya'riba(yoruba) royal houses except ilorin. Prince Ekaladerhan aka Oduduwa the only son of the last Ogiso is the father of Oramiyan,who was the first Oba of Benin and the first Aalafin of Oyo. Without the Ogiso dynasty there would have been no royal houses in the whole south west. The coming of Oduduwa from Benin send the Olugbo of Ugbo running from Ife to their present location at Ugbo. Before the coming of Oduduwa the Benin prince the Yoruba's were lesser than apes with no king,Oduduwa with his Benin wisdom brought light to the whole yoruba land.
When Oduduwa walked into Ife he was asked where are you fromand pointed to the sky,meaning i am the son of the king of the sky hence your slave trade returnee like Crowther and Johnson and co thought he meant he was came down from the sky that is why the myth is still flying around that he fell from the sky.
Go do some research kid and stop contaminating the cyber space with you idiot.ic ignorance, you know nothing and keeps yelling which is a peculiar trait in your people anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Olu317(m): 3:14pm On Feb 14, 2017
opal4real:

Stop yelling you slowpoke! Can't you read what you wrote and see the foo.lishness you are displaying? In one sentence you claim the father of Benin is in the East of Benin which happens to be the present day River Niger/South East and we all know Ile Ife is in the West of Benin, how could you be so sill.y and stupid the same time. My question to you although I doubt if you will be intelligent enough to understand the question ( WHO IS THE FATHER OF BENIN IN THE EAST)?
Being a dimwit and an ignoramus buffoon who is unsure of who his real father is, I know you will chicken out and come back here yelling. I wonder what stuff you smoke.
The Ogiso descendants are now ruling over all ya'riba(yoruba) royal houses except ilorin. Prince Ekaladerhan aka Oduduwa the only son of the last Ogiso is the father of Oramiyan,who was the first Oba of Benin and the first Aalafin of Oyo. Without the Ogiso dynasty there would have been no royal houses in the whole south west. The coming of Oduduwa from Benin send the Olugbo of Ugbo running from Ife to their present location at Ugbo. Before the coming of Oduduwa the Benin prince the Yoruba's were lesser than apes with no king,Oduduwa with his Benin wisdom brought light to the whole yoruba land.
When Oduduwa walked into Ife he was asked where are you fromand pointed to the sky,meaning i am the son of the king of the sky hence your slave trade returnee like Crowther and Johnson and co thought he meant he was came down from the sky that is why the myth is still flying around that he fell from the sky.
Go do some research kid and stop contaminating the cyber space with you idiot.ic ignorance, you know nothing and keeps yelling which is a peculiar trait in your people anyway.
.YET YORUBA LANGUAGE HAVE SEMITIC TOUCHES. DO YOU HAVE EL IN YOUR LANGUAGE? FATHER IS BA AL IN HEBREW AND FATHER IS BA'ALE, KARA IS READ/CALLED WHILE KA IS READ IN YORUBA AND KA'WA IS CALLED. DO YOU WANT TO GO THE EGYPTIANS WAY? SEARCH YOU WILL LEARN. LOOK AT THIS SLAVE BLOOD RANTING. YOU ARE A DELUDED YOUNG MAN WASTING HIS TIME ON THE INTERNET. BETTER GET YOUR ASS WORKING.... IS BINI AN EDO LANGUAGE? I SAID GO AND TELL YOUR ELDERS TO TELL YOU THE ORIGINAL VERSION... MONKEY LIKE YOU ACTING LIKE HUMAN BEING......CORK AND BULL STORY...GOD SAVE UNA SAY RAVAGING FULANI NOR CATCH UNA THOSE YONDER YEARS.... UNA FOR HEAR WIEN. IN FACT AUCHI NO BI EDO BUT IGALA/EBIRA/ NUPE WITH THE SUBDUED EDOID...MIX UP PEOPLE. TRUTH IS BITTER....ELEERI KERI OMO LA SAN EKIJI AJA.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 14, 2017
opal4real:

Presumably that's the word. The writer was not sure and that particular part of his writings were based purely on assumptions. The true intention of Egharavba who happens to be partly Yoruba has been discovered long ago. Show us book about Ooni of Ife conquest and superiority not those written based on assumptions.

Who then is Oghene?

I implore you to read more about the Kiriji war, how Ogedengbe come over to Benin to seek the blessing of the then Oba. That blessing was what he held on to and turn the rag tag army of common thieves from Ibadan to ashes.

You implore me, LOL.

Post the citation to any book, just one book that states Ogedengbe stepped foot in Bini land.

You implore me cheesy

Most of the military men who ravaged the Ibadan army where Benin warriors, you can read the trial of Ologbesere and co by the colonist. His anger was most men he led during the kiriji war were the same men the British used to betray Benin......

So Benin is now a participant in Kiriji war? Are you lot on a mission to re-write Kiriji war now?

Thank God Samuel Johnson was an eye witness and wrote down verifiable records. Else, una for don claim Kiriji war to have been a Bini event.

Dude, go read.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by EdoNation(f): 4:42pm On Feb 14, 2017
[[s]quote author=O0ni post=53708134]

Who then is Oghene?

You implore me, LOL.

Post the citation to any book, just one book that states Ogedengbe stepped foot in Bini land.

You implore me cheesy

[
So Benin is now a participant in Kiriji war? Are you lot on a mission to re-write Kiriji war now?

Thank God Samuel Johnson was an eye witness and wrote down verifiable records. Else, una for don claim Kiriji war to have been a Bini event.

Dude, go read.[/quote][/s]

TRASH AS USUAL!!!

EWEDU NOR GOOD OOO

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by EdoNation(f): 4:46pm On Feb 14, 2017
[[s]quote author=Olu317 post=53707402].YET YORUBA LANGUAGE HAVE SEMITIC TOUCHES. DO YOU HAVE EL IN YOUR LANGUAGE? FATHER IS BA AL IN HEBREW AND FATHER IS BA'ALE, KARA IS READ/CALLED WHILE KA IS READ IN YORUBA AND KA'WA IS CALLED. DO YOU WANT TO GO THE EGYPTIANS WAY? SEARCH YOU WILL LEARN. LOOK AT THIS SLAVE BLOOD RANTING. YOU ARE A DELUDED YOUNG MAN WASTING HIS TIME ON THE INTERNET. BETTER GET YOUR ASS WORKING.... IS BINI AN EDO LANGUAGE? I SAID GO AND TELL YOUR ELDERS TO TELL YOU THE ORIGINAL VERSION... MONKEY LIKE YOU ACTING LIKE HUMAN BEING......CORK AND BULL STORY...GOD SAVE UNA SAY RAVAGING FULANI NOR CATCH UNA THOSE YONDER YEARS.... UNA FOR HEAR WIEN. IN FACT AUCHI NO BI EDO BUT IGALA/EBIRA/ NUPE WITH THE SUBDUED EDOID...MIX UP PEOPLE. TRUTH IS BITTER....ELEERI KERI OMO LA SAN EKIJI AJA. [/quote]

[/s]

TRASH!!!

YOU ARE CLEARLY DRUNK ON EWEDU

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 14, 2017
Olu317:
.YET YORUBA LANGUAGE HAVE SEMITIC TOUCHES. DO YOU HAVE EL IN YOUR LANGUAGE? FATHER IS BA AL IN HEBREW AND FATHER IS BA'ALE, KARA IS READ/CALLED WHILE KA IS READ IN YORUBA AND KA'WA IS CALLED. DO YOU WANT TO GO THE EGYPTIANS WAY? SEARCH YOU WILL LEARN. LOOK AT THIS SLAVE BLOOD RANTING. YOU ARE A DELUDED YOUNG MAN WASTING HIS TIME ON THE INTERNET. BETTER GET YOUR ASS WORKING.... IS BINI AN EDO LANGUAGE? I SAID GO AND TELL YOUR ELDERS TO TELL YOU THE ORIGINAL VERSION... MONKEY LIKE YOU ACTING LIKE HUMAN BEING......CORK AND BULL STORY...GOD SAVE UNA SAY RAVAGING FULANI NOR CATCH UNA THOSE YONDER YEARS.... UNA FOR HEAR WIEN. IN FACT AUCHI NO BI EDO BUT IGALA/EBIRA/ NUPE WITH THE SUBDUED EDOID...MIX UP PEOPLE. TRUTH IS BITTER....ELEERI KERI OMO LA SAN EKIJI AJA.

Its quite obvious that I'm engaging a daft in a historical argument. You are waste of cyber time. Your betters may be sensible enough not to evade my question. Over to them and as for you go smoke a jumbo size weed which is your major pre-occupation.

Ask your elders if you have any why the Fulani jihadist stopped at Auchi and did not go further to Benin? Ewobi, ovbie ane yowa!!! Ewia!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Olu317(m): 5:57pm On Feb 14, 2017
AreaFada2:

I guess no Benin person aware of history claims that all Lagos & suburbs were created or first inhabited by Benin people.

Benin didn't have the population to spread over large seeming irrelevant (at that time) geographical spaces. They had to be clinical & strategic.
To takeover trade routes or create new/alternative ones. Using expensive mercenaries to swell up the military ranks was tough enough, but had to be extremely good in managing war resource (mercenaries) not fuelled by patriotism.

But you will agree that Iga Iduganran became the hub of political power in Lagos with military backing from Benin if any subjects dared to become belligerent.
It was also part of Benin colonial strategy not to unnecessarily cause upheaval in existing local traditions or expropriate natives of their property/land.
About Oshodi Tapa. You did not mention his origin. The little I remember, he was not a Yoruba native. He was a slave from Nupe/Bida area who was rescued under Eleko Osinlokun.

I remember because Oshodi Tapa was on the side of Eleko Kosoko (a Benin loyalist) during the fight with Akintoye). His war exploit at Ogun Olomiro is well known. An excellent diplomat too.

Though fiercely loyal to Kosoko, still saved the life of Akintoye by allowing him escape to Abeokuta. I think he/Akintoye moved to Badagry refuge from Abeokuta?

Even the lineage of the Oba of Lagos are practically a Yoruba lineage of ILESHA because the Erelu Kuti of Lagos who was the traditional noblewoman charged with the bearing of the ritual essence of Oloye Erelu Kuti I, a seventeenth century Yoruba royal who aided in the consolidation of her homeland, first as the daughter of its paramount king, then as the sister of two of his successors, subsequently as the consort of one of its chiefs, then as a chief in her own right, and finally as its first
queen mother . Her life would ultimately be so entwined with that of her family’s kingdom that her lineal descendants would go on to feature in its history from her day to our own.
The Ikadan palace was the home of Erelu Kuti, mother of Ologun Kutere (the fourth king of Lagos, whose reign began in 1750 and lasted 25 years, and the founder of the lineage from which the late Oba Adeyinka Oyekan came) and Shokun (the founder of the Fashina-Jinadu-Bombata, Fadu lineage).
The first Oba of Lagos was Ado, the son of Prince Ashipa of the Kingdom of Benin . Ado had three children, Gabbaro, Akinsemoyin and a female, Erelu Kuti. After the death of Ado, his eldest son, Gabbaro, succeeded him. Gabarro’s line became extinct because he had no child. Therefore, upon his death, Akinsemoyin, his younger brother, succeeded to the crown.
While Akinsemoyin was ruling, Erelu Kuti married Alagba, the high priest that had predicted that her brother would become Oba. Alagba, an Ijesha man from Ilesha, subsequently served as a chief in the court of his brother-in-law.
Oba Akinsemoyin built a palace called Iga Alagba at Idumota for him because he could not belong to the Oba’s household as a non-member of the royal family. Akinsemoyin, according to clan history, subsequently had a set of male triplets after having a number of daughters. Because it was a taboo in those days to have twins, let alone triplets, the three boys were smuggled out of the palace. Due to the poor condition under which they were kept, two of them died, leaving one alive. This son went on to live an ordinary life as a commoner.
Due to this, when Akinsemoyin died in 1749 after ruling for 44 years, Ologun Kutere (the product of the union between Erelu Kuti and Alagba) was made Oba in his stead. Though the late king is said to have had other sons after the set of triplets, they are said to have been very young at the time of their father’s death.
It is now believed by scholars of tribal history that due to Akinsemoyin’s magnanimity, he did not see the need to perpetuate his branch of the dynasty by having one of his elder daughters serve as regent, pending when the eldest of his subsequent sons would come of age. As a sign of the love he had for his sister, before he died, he instead sanctioned the appointment of Ologun Kutere as his successor.
It should be stated at this juncture, however, that a slightly different account of the history of succession has been mooted by some. It states that when Oba Akinsemoyin died, Gabarro’s son, Kekere, who was in turn succeeded by Ologun Kutere, succeeded him.
From the official genealogy of the kings of Lagos, however, it is seen that Ologun Kutere replaced Akinsemoyin in 1749. Since then, only the descendants of Ologun Kutere have been occupying the position of Oba of Lagos. The late Oba Oyekan II belonged to one of his descendant families.
Now it may be asked how Erelu Kuti came to marry Alagba and what role Akinsemoyin played in the events that led to his sister’s marriage? Well, according to the narrative:
On the advice of Alagba, Akinsemoyin performed certain rituals and ceremonies which included putting up a white flag on what is now Victoria Island.
It is said that as a result of this, the Portuguese came and subsequently aided in the architectural advancement of his kingdom. This was the first contact with Europeans in this part of the world, and it heralded the advent of both Christianity and its attendant civilisations. The Portuguese built Iga Idungaran palace for Oba Akinsemoyin as a gift, a part of which is still in existence and is incorporated into the new palace.
Satisfied that all was now well with Oba Akinsemoyin and his people, Alagba then expressed the desire to return to Ilesha for the remaining part of his life. Oba Akinsemoyin agreed and, in gratitude for his years of service, offered him any of his daughters as a wife.
While they were talking about this, Erelu passed by and heard what they were discussing. At a later time, she told her brother that she would gladly marry Alagba if he wished it to be so.
Oba Akinsemoyin is said to have been jubilant. He blessed his sister, conferred a noble title on her and predicted that she would bear children who would reign in Lagos as its kings. The prediction of the Oba eventually came to pass with, as the White Man says, a vengeance.
The current Erelu Kuti is Omoba Abiola Dosunmu, a princess of the contemporary kingdom of Lagos. She serves as a ranking chieftain of the realm as the ceremonial queen mother, and reigns as regent of Lagos upon the death of an incumbent monarch until a substantive successor is chosen by the college of kingmakers
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 14, 2017
These are evidence that the real people rule over Lagos knows what it was and what it is.

Instead of these kids to read widely and ask questions from elder but they all come here to display their ignorance by insulting their ancestors. Only a bas.tard points to his fathers house with his left hand.

cc: O0ni Olu317 Areafada2 EdoNation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by EdoNation(f): 8:25pm On Feb 14, 2017
opal4real:
These are evidence that the real people rule over Lagos knows what it was and what it is.

Instead of these kids to read widely and ask questions from elder but they all come here to display their ignorance by insulting their ancestors. Only a bas.tard points to his fathers house with his left hand.

Dont mind those clearly confused kids running around naked on nairaland
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by AreaFada2: 8:25pm On Feb 14, 2017
opal4real:

Thank you.
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Olu317(m): 8:36pm On Feb 14, 2017
O0ni:

Who then is Oghene?

You implore me, LOL.

You implore me cheesy

Dude, go read.
THESE SET OF YOUNG EDO CHILDREN WILL KILL YORUBA PEOPLE WITH THEIR ALI BABA STORYLINE...... BINI WARRIORS FOUGHT AGAINST IBADAN DURING KIRIJI WAR? DO BINI EVEN KNOW WHAT KIRIJI MEAN? HONESTLY IT ISN'T AN IDEAL THING TO RIDICULE EDO PEOPLE BUT THIS SELF GLORIFICATION IS JUST INSANITY ON EDO'S PART.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 14, 2017
O0ni:

Who then is Oghene? The meaning of Oghene is deeper than you could imagine.

You implore me, LOL.

You implore me cheesy

So Benin is now a participant in Kiriji war? Are you lot on a mission to re-write Kiriji war now? Read about the Trial of the Benin chiefs after the Invasion of Benin Kingdom especially on Iyase Okizi.

Dude, go read.
Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Olu317(m): 8:50pm On Feb 14, 2017
opal4real:

KOSOKO THAT NEARLY KILLED AKITOYE IF NOT YORUBAS RETURNEES WHO HAD A KNOWLEDGE OF DEALING WITH THE BRITAIN ESPECIALLY EGBAS.... AKITOYE'S HEAD WOULD HAD BEEN SERVED ON A PLATE. AND TO THINK AKITOYE THAT WAS STRUGGLING WITH HIS HEALTH AND RUNNING FROM PILLAR TO POST FROM HIS HALF BROTHER KOSOKO WILL UTTER THIS WORD? YOU ARE MAKING NONSENSE OF YOUR COMPUTER AGE LETTERING FONT . BESIDE, THE WRITING FONT YOU USED WASNT EXISTING IN THE 18th CENTURY. TRY ANOTHER ONE

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Unveils Statue Of First Crown King Of Lagos, King Ado (photos) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
opal4real:

A meme?

I posted screen shots of an ethnographic research from the last century and all you have is a meme?

cheesy

Give me a textbook, journal article - anythinh scholarly with that statement quoted there in.

You and your folks here are making unintelligence look like a genetic thing for Bini people.

cheesy

A meme cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People / INNOSON Donates Vehicles To Ooni Of Ife / Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.