Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? (21162 Views)

Extreme Wife's Submission To Her Husband According To The New Covenant. / Mary Is The Ark Of The New Covenant / Grace Is Our Teacher, Not The Ten Commandments - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by openmine(m): 4:16pm On Mar 13, 2017
HEBREWS 7:11 - 19

11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron? 12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a CHANGE OF THE LAW 13 For He of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar.

18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness, 19 for THE LAW made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

EPHESIANS 2:11 -15
11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh THE LAW AND ITS COMMANDS AND REGULATIONS. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace

GALATIANS 3:19 - 25
19 Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator. 20 A mediator, however, implies more than one party; but God is one.

21 Is the law, therefore, opposed to the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law. 22 But Scripture has locked up everything under the control of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe.
Children of God

23 Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So THE LAW was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that THIS FAITH has come, we are NO LONGER under a guardian.

ACTS 15:1 -11

Certain people came down from Judea to Antioch and were teaching the believers: “Unless you are circumcised, according to the custom taught by Moses, you cannot be saved.” 2 This brought Paul and Barnabas into sharp dispute and debate with them. So Paul and Barnabas were appointed, along with some other believers, to go up to Jerusalem to see the apostles and elders about this question.

5 Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to keep THE LAW OF MOSES.”

6 The apostles and elders met to consider this question. 7 After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: “Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. 8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9 He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? 11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 9:22am On Mar 14, 2017
alchemist13:
According to Mark and Matthew, Jesus did not come to abrogate the Law, but to obey perfectly and teach others to do likewise. Which brings us to the interpretation of Matt. 5:17-18

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Splinz:
Bro, it is so unfortunate that some people don't understand the import of Matthew 5:17-18.
For goodness sake, it is not rocket science to understand!
It says “...until heaven and earth disappear [i.e, forever, since the earth is established forever (Ecclesiastes 1:4, Psalm 104:5, 119:90]” that absolutely, nothing will be done away from the Law until all of them are kept.
In other word, the Law must be kept forever. Plain! Christ kept all the Law perfectly, and left us an example to follow His steps (1 Peter 2:21).
And he said unto them,
These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you,
that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me

- Luke 24:44

SMH, I dont know why it is this challenging to properly understand Matthew 5:17-18
In Matthew 5:17, Jesus DID NOT say:
"Think not that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I come not to destroy them but to make them continue forever"
but rather what Jesus SAID, in Matthew 5:17 is:
" Think not that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I come not to destroy them but to fulfill them"

So, keeping Luke 24:44 above, in mind, and again, as previously asked, the question is:
What is the ''them'' (i.e. the Law or the Prophets) and what about ''them'' has Jesus come to fulfil?

Now, revisiting Matthew 5:18, what Jesus made in that verse is a conditional statement, where He referred to two conditions and a probable outcome or result

The first condition being that:
''until heaven and earth disappear'' meaning ''up to the point when heaven and earth disappear (i.e. Revelation 21:1 Matthew 24:35 etcetera) not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law

The second condition being that:
''until everything (i.e. everything being all that is written about Him in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms) is accomplished''
then the probable outcome or result is that:
'' the smallest letter, or the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law'

Splinz, no where did Jesus mention or suggest forever
and please dont even say ''...until heaven and earth disappear'' means forever
or that since the earth is established forever, recall above giving Revelation 21:1 and Matthew 24:35 which counters this faux pas of yours

Also Splinz, just as I earlier put to alchemist13, about putting the cart before the horse,
if Jesus were to first abolish the law and prophets, what will remain to be fulfilled?
Yeah, nothing, but when all is accomplished, then what needs abloished, gets abolished

Dont you both understand that what Matthew 5:17-18 is saying that:
the law and prophets will hold out, possibly forever, UNTIL they be fulfilled first.
The law and prophets are/were waiting patiently for all they've said or prophesied about Jesus to be fulfilled
and IT IS NOT saying that the law and prophets will be forever in a way that never ends or changes

Please be mindful of Luke 24:44 when yall (i.e. you, blueAgent, MZLady39, alchemist13 and the rest) next think of Matthew 5:17-18

Splinz:
You're right, there's no such passage—a passage stating that the Law has been abolished. Obviously, what is forever can't be done away.

The commandment haters (Romans 8:7) normally quote Hebrews 8, especially verses 7 & 13 to show that the covenant abolished there is the Ten commandment. Is this so? Of course no, it is simply a case of quoting Scriptures out of context, as we will see. But before then, the reader should notice verse 10 of this same chapter: “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people.” So the question is: What “laws” will God put into our minds and write in our hearts? And yes, before someone ridiculously claim that it is the “law of liberty” [I wonder which law is the one of bondage, since it is written that “...His commandments are not burdensome” 1 John 5:3] or it is the “law of love”, a new commandment (John 13:34), let such a person first of all tell us which law is that of bondage and what is love according to God.

Now to Hebrews 8. To understand what is being related in this passage, particularly verses 6, 7, & 13, one simply have to read from verse 1! From verse 1 down, it is crystal clear that the covenant found “faulty, decayed, waxeth old and vanished away” is none other than the covenant or law establishing the Old Covenant Priesthood. Yes, the priesthood was an institution on its own. This covenant was certainly faulty because it was administered by sinful men and also laborious. The priest has to offer burnt sacrifices first for his sins before that of the people, so the process was certainly burdensome! But with Christ as our Eternal High Priest, “A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man”... “...after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God” (Hebrews 10:12). In fact, Hebrews 9 & 10 consolidates Hebrews 8, even 7. They all speaks of the Old covenant priesthood and that of the New, showing that the latter is better.

In all of these chapters, no passage is even remotely suggesting that the Ten Commandments called “holy, righteous and good” has been abolished!
This has been addressed and openmine after me too, duly impressed, provided verses to back up that the Law has been abolished
so what you've put up here is an irrelevant post

alchemist13:
So what then is the cause of all this confusion?
The answer is due to the influence of Paul the Apostle, and Luke his protege and many others.
It is this people that directed the course of Christianity, which was just a sect in Judaism at that time, into what we have today. I will get back to this latter.

Splinz:
Apostle Peter said it all. He said this of Paul, that “He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction” (2 Peter 3:16). Bro, this is the truth, and not that there's any confusion. The ignorant and unstable people distort/twist what Paul wrote, to their own destruction!
The immediate above is another example of an off title and off subject comment

1 Like

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 4:11pm On Mar 14, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
I like your Acts 19:8-9a case in point, you certainly have a great sense of humour

As for me, for every deceptive, exaggerated and meaningless talk on the sabbath, God has given me the grace and power to equal exchange and give all that's necessary back in return, like for like, measure for measure.
So till blueAgent, Splinz and any others get their facts right, I am 24/7, on hand, to run their dogmatism and bigotry into the ground

CLOWN.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 4:16pm On Mar 14, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Paul has always being true to the gospel and his calling

What you perceive to be ''some slight confusion made by Paul'' actually is what's known as the ''There's more than one way to skin a cat'' method
Moreover, no one skins a fish before it is caught and reeled in to boat or fish-net
That in two sentences are the reason behind Paul's methodology or style

And for the sake of those wondering over above italic quote
It is from 1 Corinthians 9:19-23

20When I was with the Jews, I lived like a Jew to bring the Jews to Christ.
When I was with those who follow the Jewish law, I too lived under that law.
Even though I am not subject to the law, I did this so I could bring to Christ those who are under the law.
21When I am with the Gentiles who do not follow the Jewish law, I too live apart from that law so I can bring them to Christ.
But I do not ignore the law of God; I obey the law of Christ

- 1 Corinthians 9:20-21

1 Corinthians 9:20-21 above was put out twice on page 7 of this thread, but it obviously went over heads

All fingers are not same in length of understanding, but when they bend, all stand equal
The truth is believers' life becomes very easy when we bend and adjust to each other's current level of understanding

Everyone from Goshen360, GodsMopol, ayoku777, petra1, Ubenedictus, openmine including moi, who empathised with OP and bent
did not have their bending posture reciprocated
What they got in return was disdain, pontification and reading dogmatic & embarrassing long posts

It is Obvious you are SICK.

21When I am with the Gentiles who do not follow the Jewish law, I too live apart from that law so I can bring them to Christ.
But I do not ignore the law of God ; I obey the law of Christ 1 Corinthians 9:20-21

You contracdict your own arugment. which Law is the law of God and christ paul said he will not ingnore?.

1 Like

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 4:16pm On Mar 14, 2017
blueAgent:
CLOWN.
You wrote and said that looking in the mirror
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 4:20pm On Mar 14, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
You wrote and said that looking in the mirror

"Sometimes people don't want to
hear the truth because they don't want their
illusions destroyed" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 14, 2017
Hi MuttleyLaff.... smiley
Since you mentioned me...I just wanted to say "hello" and move on.
I couldn't read all of that...remember the strain on my eyes??
What was your age again?? Nevermind, I know you'll only speak in riddles.
Hope you have a lovely day sir!
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 4:44pm On Mar 14, 2017
blueAgent:
"Sometimes people don't want to
hear the truth because they don't want their
illusions destroyed" - Friedrich Nietzsche
You can't even be original, still love the way you dug up that quote from my personal text after looking up my profile though
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 4:47pm On Mar 14, 2017
MZLady39:
Hi MuttleyLaff.... smiley
Since you mentioned me...I just wanted to say "hello" and move on.
I couldn't read all of that...remember the strain on my eyes??
What was your age again?? Nevermind, I know you'll only speak in riddles.
Hope you have a lovely day sir!
You are not just so plastic but increasingly becoming infantile too. SMH.
Ever heard of "if you want to hide information from a plastic person, put it in a post"
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 14, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
You are not just so plastic but increasingly becoming infantile too. SMH.
Ever heard of "if you want to hide information from a plastic person, put it in a post"

Sir,
Okay...I'm "fake", "plastic", "infantile", "delusional", "playing games" etc....
Anything else to add?
Again I don't know what I did to you....Lord knows I don't. But whatever "it" is...be grown and address it. Life is too short.
Stop shaking your head so much.....that thing is gonna fall off.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 5:09pm On Mar 14, 2017
MZLady39:
Sir,
Okay...I'm "fake", "plastic", "infantile", "delusional", "playing games" etc....
Anything else to add?
Again I don't know what I did to you....Lord knows I don't. But whatever "it" is...be grown and address it. Life is too short.
Stop shaking your head so much.....that thing is gonna fall off.
From day one I saw through you and your false humility.

If you're asking about anything else to add, then, now you've turned paranoid and becoming unnecessarily worried that you've done something to me

Is it your head? If it doesn't fall off, come and pull it off then.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 14, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
From day one I saw through you and your false humility.

If you're asking about anything else to add, then, now you've turned paranoid and becoming unnecessarily worried that you've done something to me

Is it your head? If it doesn't fall off, come and pull it off then.

Are you kidding to that last sentence?
I would expect you to act like a grown man...but it's obvious that you are not. I'm thoroughly convinced I'm speaking with a teenager.
Well I'm sorry you feel that way about me. I can do nothing to change your mind.....so I won't try.
Since Day 1?? Wow...you should've addressed my "false humility" then....not wait until now.
I know you are trying to destroy my character......oh well....carry on sir.
If it makes you feel better...do what you must do.
I've been slandered on NL before.....so I guess it's time again.
It's not the first...certainly won't be the last.
I'd sure love to meet you face-to-face though.....where ever you are.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 5:59pm On Mar 14, 2017
MZLady39:
Are you kidding to that last sentence?
I would expect you to act like a grown man...but it's obvious that you are not. I'm thoroughly convinced I'm speaking with a teenager.
Well I'm sorry you feel that way about me. I can do nothing to change your mind.....so I won't try.
Since Day 1?? Wow...you should've addressed my "false humility" then....not wait until now.
I know you are trying to destroy my character......oh well....carry on sir.
If it makes you feel better...do what you must do.
I've been slandered on NL before.....so I guess it's time again.
It's not the first...certainly won't be the last.
I'd sure love to meet you face-to-face though.....where ever you are.
I am not kidding about the last sentence.
I thought you said, my head will fall off, so what is wrong in me offering that you come pull it off, if it doesn't.

You are just craving and seeking for attention. What you so much crave for, I'll give it, till you choke on it.

I haven't waited until now, you conveniently forget I addressed it from Day 1.

Sorry for yourself.

You think too highly of yourself.
I have better things to do, to be bothered with slandering you or wanting to destroy your character.

At the rate, you've been going, I can't say the same about you, that I would like or love to meet you face-to-face... wherever you are
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 14, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
I am not kidding about the last sentence.
I thought you said, my head will fall off, so what is wrong in me offering that you come pull it off, if it doesn't.

You are just craving and seeking for attention. What you so much crave for, I'll give it, till you choke on it.

I haven't waited until now, you conveniently forget I addressed it from Day 1.

Sorry for yourself.

You think too highly of yourself.
I have better things to do, to be bothered with slandering you or wanting to destroy your character.

At the rate, you've been going, I can't say the same about you, that I would like or love to meet you face-to-face... wherever you are

Ok brother....if you can pull up the discussion thread where you addressed it "from Day 1", please bring it forth and I'll apologize.
I''m feeling very sympathetic for you because something's got you very angry young man.
I think no more highly of myself than any other Nigerian on this forum..so do better with that statement.
If you are upset because of my belief about certain things, then you need to deeply pray about that.
Ask the Lord to help you get rid of your hatred for me. He will give you the victory.
My "plastic" self lives in the United States. I've been extremely honest and forthright about myself (almost to a fault). But that's cool..it's your choice.
I cannot lose sleep because you don't want to meet me.
As much as you want me to "hate" you, I don't nor will ever "hate" you brother.
I like you regardless of the hatred you have recently begun spewing towards me.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 6:39pm On Mar 14, 2017
MZLady39:
Ok brother....if you can pull up the discussion thread where you addressed it "from Day 1", please bring it forth and I'll apologize.
I''m feeling very sympathetic for you because something's got you very angry young man.
I think no more highly of myself than any other Nigerian on this forum..so do better with that statement.
If you are upset because of my belief about certain things, then you need to deeply pray about that.
Ask the Lord to help you get rid of your hatred for me. He will give you the victory.
My "plastic" self lives in the United States. I've been extremely honest and forthright about myself (almost to a fault). But that's cool..it's your choice.
I cannot lose sleep because you don't want to meet me.
As much as you want me to "hate" you, I don't nor will ever "hate" you brother.
I like you regardless of the hatred you have recently begun spewing towards me
You are none the wiser.
Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.
Now why would I want you to hate me?
And I careless, even if you're in the North Pole. Or you want a medal for being in the United States. You seem proud of it.
Keep on marketing it that you're in the United States

Seems afterall, you aren't capable of taking as much as you give.
Look at the irrelevancies you've been posting and just above posted too.

Maybe I should start face-palming since you're ''crocodile tears'' concerned over me shaking my head
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 8:53pm On Mar 14, 2017
Ubenedictus:
and i understand that you are trying to hide away from the topic by changing the discussion, oya finish ur mosaic law discussion then open a thread on the new thing u want us to discuss. I may even participate in such discussion if i think u are ready to listen.

I just remember this passage..
My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, Jam 1:19

Why will i hide from a topic i started?

It pathetic to know that most christains including you cannot read the Bible for themselves.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 9:04pm On Mar 14, 2017
blueAgent:
Because you haven't got the stamina nor sustaining power.
You've bitten more than you can chew
and that's one of the reasons behind your now used to hiatus.

Watch you soon scurry away again

blueAgent:
It pathetic to know that most christains including you cannot read the Bible for themselves.
...and you, unashamedly are number one on that list
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:16pm On Mar 14, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

You really have got hold of the wrong end of stick
What a shame, and you profess to be a teacher of the word

Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you:
every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death:
for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

- Exodus 31:14

For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a day of sabbath rest to the LORD.
Whoever does any work on it is to be put to death

- Exodus 35:2

32Now while the sons of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering wood on the sabbath day.
33Those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron and to all the congregation;
34and they put him in custody because it had not been declared what should be done to him.
35Then the LORD said to Moses,
“The man shall surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.”
36So all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him to death with stones, just as the LORD had commanded Moses.

- Numbers 15:32-36

I whistled at your willingness to take bold risks by referencing Exodus 16:4, Ezekiel 20:12 and Exodus 31:17 as evidences for a believer to keep the sabbath
Are you being covetous or being deceived? Which one is it?

All I see you post up there is a poor and overworked attempt at rhetorics
There is no difference between you Splinz, an observer of Saturday as sabbath and any other person who is an observer of Sunday as a sabbath
so pack in the protracted and bitter sanctimonious posts about Sabbath being Saturday or being moved to Sunday

Has it not occurred to you, that if the sabbath was dear to the heart of the Lord of the sabbath (i.e. the Owner of the Sabbath)
then Jesus, the Creator of the Sabbath, would have explicitly commanded to keep the sabbath

You, splinz & blueAgent OP, should show some gratitude and be thankful to God that the 4th commandment,
as a law was not re-introduced and brought back into effect again

else we would be having Exodus 31:14, Exodus 35:2 and Numbers 15:32-36 re-enacted and death penalties needing to be carried out

SMH. Though you come out like a loud-mouthed and opinionated bigot I really do feel for you bro
It's when few small-minded bigots try screaming out the loudest with ill-informed opinions deposited in unwarranted long posts that the good image of the gospel is destroyed and/or ridiculed by scoffers, mockers or the hopefulLandlord and catfishBilly of this world

you once again demonstrated your ingnorance and Naviety.
The death penatly was not limited to Sabbath breakers but to the entire 10 commandments.
(Numbers 15:32–36)
As shown by this Bible verses  Deuteronomy 13:6, 10; 21:18, 21; 22: 21-28, and all of Leviticus 20,you will read there are whole series of injunctions concerning the putting to death of persons who were idolaters, who were rebellious to their parents, who committed adultery or were guilty of incest, who cursed father or mother -- in fact, who violated any part of the moral code. Indeed, someone has estimated that no less than nine of the Ten Commandments are specifically mentioned in connection with the penalty of death for their violations .

You can see that your argument against the sabbath based on death penatly does not hold water.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:18pm On Mar 14, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Because you haven't got the stamina nor sustaining power.
You've bitten more than you can chew
and that's one of the reasons behind your now used to hiatus.

Watch you soon scurry away again

...and you, unashamedly are number one on that list

Lol......it is one thing to be ingnorant but it is unacceptable for one to be ingnorant of his ingnorance and capacity.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 9:51pm On Mar 14, 2017
blueAgent:
You once again demonstrated your ingnorance and Naviety.
The death penatly was not limited to Sabbath breakers but to the entire 10 commandments.
(Numbers 15:32–36)
1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Severe Genocide. Entire cities with men, women, children and animals must be killed.
( Deuteronomy 2:33-34, Numbers 21:34-35, 1
Samuel 15:2-3, Joshua 6:21. Joshua 10:40) In some cases you can keep the girls alive for raping. ( Numbers 31:15-18)
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image Severe Genocide. Entire cities with men, women, children and animals must be killed. (See above.)
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain;
High Capital punishment (Leviticus 24:16, Deuteronomy 18:20, Mark 3:28-29)
4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. High Capital punishment (Exodus 31:14, Exodus 31:15, Exodus 35:2 Numbers 15:32)
5. Honour thy father and thy mother:
High Capital punishment (Exodus 21:15, Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9)
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
High Capital punishment (Leviticus 20:10)
6. Thou shalt not kill.
Elevated Capital punishment in some cases (For killing Cain, yes, for killing Abel, no: Genesis 4:15).
8. Thou shalt not steal.
Guarded Excessive fines or slavery: (Exodus 22:1-3). Only in rare cases such as stealing slaves, capital punishment ( Exodus 21:16).
Thieves caught in the night are to be executed (Exodus 22:1-3)
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Low Despisement and scorn (Proverbs 12:8 )
10. Thou shalt not covet . . .
Low Despisement and scorn (Romans 7:7-8 )

You can see your argument against the sabbath based on death penatly does not hold water.
I dont know about any argument holding water,
but I do know that all along you prefer cherry-picking

Anyway, asking again, shouldnt you be showing some gratitude and be thankful to God that the commandments were re-introduced with love responses/reactions and not death penalties repeated
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 9:55pm On Mar 14, 2017
blueAgent:
Lol......it is one thing to be ingnorant but it is unacceptable for one to be ingnorant of his ingnorance and capacity.
I accept that everyone has the right to be ignorant. It's just that you chose to abuse the privilege
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:56pm On Mar 14, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
I accept that everyone has the right to be ignorant. It's just that you chose to abuse the privilege

your knownledge of the Bible is laughable.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 10:08pm On Mar 14, 2017
blueAgent:
your knownledge of the Bible is laughable.
It is excruciating enough watching you trying to sound and look knowledgeable

I pity Splinz the poor person looking forward to reading your posts as there is more intelligence and truth being fired out of your where the sun dont shine, than anything that ever came from your mouth and anything you've ever typed on this entire thread
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by openmine(m): 11:29pm On Mar 14, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
blueAgent:

Proverbs 11:9 With his mouth the godless man would destroy
his neighbor, but by knowledge the righteous are delivered.
Proverbs
A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 4:36pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Proverbs 11:9 With his mouth the godless man would destroy
his neighbor, but by knowledge the righteous are delivered.
Proverbs
A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish.

Can you show me what is the false witness i did? or are you trying to shift the blame and truth from yourself to others?
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Ubenedictus(m): 4:32pm On Mar 26, 2017
blueAgent:

Can you show me what is the false witness i did? or are you trying to shift the blame and truth from yourself to others?
Happy sunday.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 4:54pm On Mar 28, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Happy sunday.

Keep decieving yourself. you will realise it when it is too late.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:33pm On Mar 28, 2017
blueAgent:

Keep decieving yourself. you will realise it when it is too late.
I know u wont agree to disagree, u just have to run away from the topic even though it means insulting me. oya face d topic and leave me alone.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:18pm On Mar 28, 2017
Ubenedictus:
I know u wont agree to disagree, u just have to run away from the topic even though it means insulting me. oya face d topic and leave me alone.

Which topic? the one I and Splinz did justice to? why you and your comrades where busy cutting and chopping Bible verses to suit yourselves as you like.

1 Like

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:41pm On Mar 28, 2017
blueAgent:

Which topic? the one I and Splinz did justice to? why you and your comrades where busy cutting and chopping Bible verses to suit yourselves as you like.
Hehehe, u couldnt resist d temptation to praise urself abi? oya finish ur topic, when u get open mind to discuss u fit open thread 4 me.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:27am On Mar 30, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Hehehe, u couldnt resist d temptation to praise urself abi? oya finish ur topic, when u get open mind to discuss u fit open thread 4 me.

The problem with you is that you refuse to accept the fact that you didn't know the truth and you are not willignly to learn.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Why Pator Chris Okotie Divorced His Wife Stephanie Henshaw / What's Your Favorite Name For God? / Salvation Ministries 5 Nights Of Glory 2020: Everything You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.