Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me (11912 Views)

In - Between ( A Fictional Story) / From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... / Love Happened By Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Divepen1(m): 5:23pm On Feb 07, 2017
cheesy what if one of your characters comes visiting, write what might happen.

I go first.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Divepen1(m): 5:48pm On Feb 07, 2017
Tye's tribbette song blasted in my ear as I was writing my story on paper. My head was becoming hot. I needed rest after writing for two hours non-stop.
Suddenly, I heard a loud noise. I hurriedly unplugged the earpiece from my ear. Someone was knocking. Who could be knocking? The school was on holiday. There was no way anybody could come visiting at this time. I had no friend. Just acquintances.
' Yes. Who is there?'
' Good afternoon', a lady called. My eyes almost entered my head as I tried to figure who the lady was. I shook my head and opened the door. I was surprised by the beauty of this lady. She had a bottle in her hand. A bag hanged across her body. My heart pounded. I knew this lady. But I didn't know where.
' Good afternoon...' I said as I looked at her.
She sized me up and pushed her way past me.
' What is this?' I said after I had regained a little confidence.
' So, this is you?'
' Me... What are you talking about?'
She laughed, threw her head back and drank from her bottle. My breathe stopped. I know this lady. I have seen her somewhere.
' You know who I am. Don't you?'
I shook my head.
' Oh God. Are you telling you are so dumb?'
' Lady. If you don't leave this room, I will be forced to forcefully evict you'.
She paused. A bright smile covered her face. ' You even look more like Bidemi, only that he is fairer'.
My heart skipped beats. I know only two Bidemi. One from our church. The other from my story.
' Which Bidemi?'
' Bidemi Adeoti of course'.
' Are you for real?' I whispered, stunned.
' Don't you recognise my bottle of coffee'.
I stopped breathing.
' My bag of weapons', she said gracefully and start revealing the deadly weapons in her bag.
' That's impossible'.
' What is impossible? I don't know what to say. Just make sure Bidemi do not wake from the slumber'.
' What are you talking about?'
' Yes, I've read your story. And I know he will wake in June.'
' If you are truly Racheal, how did you get here?'
She laughed mockingly.
' A powerful witch made all the fictional characters in the world become real'.
' But that's impossible'.
' I don't know what's impossible'
' How...How..Did you find me?'
She smiled. 'you are my author. You made me good. I can find anything. I'm Racheal. I know everything.'
' What do you want?' My heart was pounding.
' My initial plan was to just see you. But now, I want to see how you can send us back to our childhood. I don't want to be the one kidnapped. I want it to be Grace. So, I will find her'.
' But that's impossible'.
' Very possible.' She said and brought out her gun from the bag and pointed it at my head. ' You know I don't miss'.
' How do I know it has worked?'
' When you post it online. The witch can only read it online'.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Divepen1(m): 6:25pm On Feb 07, 2017
Gsteve001 Larrysun Bibijay123 ( I love your cupid madness... Come and do it here) Iolite Eze2000 everywriter

1 Like

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by GSteve001(m): 7:38pm On Feb 07, 2017
Divepen1:
Gsteve001
Larrysun
Bibijay123 ( I love your cupid madness... Come and do it here)
Iolite
Eze2000
everywriter

lol. I can imagine this. in fact, I've been laughing since I read it. crazy stuffs. let me try. grin
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Divepen1(m): 8:01pm On Feb 07, 2017
GSteve001:

lol. I can imagine this. in fact, I've been laughing since I read it. crazy stuffs. let me try. grin
God is my witness, my heart was pounding till I finished the story. If that stupid Rachael comes around, na die. She always has a plan.
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by bibijay123(f): 9:51pm On Feb 07, 2017
If there' s a character i 'd like to meet it would be ....

I was wondering why life had suddenly became boring for me and I was thinking of having a bit of fun, so I put on my bum short and headed for the nearest club. What I didn't bargain for was having a baby thrust into my arms as soon as I alighted from my car!

The tall, dark, handsome man with a rugged edge suddenly appeared out of nowhere and the baby boy was in my arms before I realized what was going on.

" Ogboni76 is out of jail, he killed Annie and his boys are on my heels" he said breathlessly.

" Who..who are you?" I stammered, " why me?"

" I am Shark and you brought this upon me!"

My eyes almost popped out." Shark?"

"Keep Funmi' s baby safe until I come for him"

And he was gone. Just like he had appeared out of nowhere.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by GSteve001(m): 9:59pm On Feb 07, 2017
Divepen1:

God is my witness, my heart was pounding till I finished the story. If that stupid Rachael comes around, na die. She always has a plan.
lol
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by GSteve001(m): 10:01pm On Feb 07, 2017
Never, ever write again.

It was the last Sunday in April. I had just returned with that special ecstasy from the church. It was another day for me to dust off my bible and flip helplessly while the pastor read from a tablet. By the time I was done arranging and re-arranging, I returned back to the little boy chewing a loaf of bread slowly on the rug. He was a helpless boy I found on my way home, and I had picked him up in line with our pastor’s message that morning –the Good Samaritan. I played one too, and, the feeling was great, knowing that you can be of help too. I passed him a bottle of water and sat opposite him on my bed.

“So, you are lost, right?” I didn’t know if he heard me, but he continued with the loaf of bread. I shrugged and said, “Kid, you didn’t tell me your name on our way home and you want to continue that here? I can’t risk being called a kidnapper. Tell me something about you.” Even though I spoke in care-filled tones, his head was still bowed on the bread. That, my friend, was annoying and I was getting irritated quickly. The pastor didn’t teach us how to handle an annoying Samaritan. The one in the bible would have spoken to a donkey just to get help, but this one was mute.

“See, I can’t continue with this…”

“Mister, why did you stop writing?” his little voice interrupted me as he raised his head, his glazy and intelligent eyes bored into mine and I could barely hold back a chuckle. He spoke, though he asked a strange question.

“Why is that important to you?” I asked.

“If you give me an answer, I’ll tell you all about me.”

Well, that wasn’t too bad. I had bottled up the reason I stopped writing for too long. I knew people would tag me crazy if I told them why, but this boy wanted to know, and I should tell him.

“Come here.” I patted a space on the bed and beckoned on him to join me. He did joyfully and fixed his gaze on me, with a raised brow that signalled ‘start talking’, and I did.

“It started in the year 2017, with divepen1 to be specific. I know you won’t believe this but he had an encounter with one of his fictitious characters. When he posted it online, we all thought he was crazy and never believed him until it started happening to others too. I can’t tell you much about this story, it’s scary, boy. It’s damn scary!

“Just imagine this. A lady you murdered in one of the stories you wrote came back in reality for revenge. Sounds Crazy, right? It actually happened to a writer from Ghana. It was so scary that many writers including me had to stop. We feared that it might happen to us too.

“I have spoken too much already. Boy, now tell me about you.” I looked away from the books I stacked on my table back to the boy who listened to the story with rapt attention. He stood up without a word and approached the door slowly. I walked after him and held his shoulder.

“Kid, who are you? And why are you going away even without telling me a bit about you?” I crouched before him and asked.

“Mister, when the little boy, Ahmed, got locked inside the secret library, someone was supposed to find him after four hours. Isn’t it?” he asked silently. Was he hurt?

“Who is Ahmed? And what have we to do with him?” I asked and stood up. The boy was strange.

“Ahmed got trapped in chapter four. Mary was supposed to find him in chapter five. You stopped that story in chapter four. Mary never arrived, and you can’t imagine how horrible it felt for me to be alone. Please, help me and write chapter five. I need to get out of that library.” He cried and tugged at my leg. His grip was so strong that I had to hold unto the door-leaf.

“Who the hell are you, boy?” I managed to ask.

“I am Ahmed. The boy you created with your imagination while writing.” He declared.

Yes, I wrote The Secret Library. Yes, there was an Ahmed in the story, with a matching description. And yes… I fainted.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Divepen1(m): 10:24pm On Feb 07, 2017
bibijay123:
If there' s a character i 'd like to meet it would be ....

I was wondering why life had suddenly became boring for me and I was thinking of having a bit of fun, so I put on my bum short and headed for the nearest club. What I didn't bargain for was having a baby thrust into my arms as soon as I alighted from my car!

The tall, dark, handsome man with a rugged edge suddenly appeared out of nowhere and the baby boy was in my arms before I realized what was going on.

" Ogboni76 is out of jail, he killed Annie and his boys are on my heels" he said breathlessly.

" Who..who are you?" I stammered, " why me?"

" I am Shark and you brought this upon me!"

My eyes almost popped out." Shark?"

"Keep Funmi' s baby safe until I come for him"

And he was gone. Just like he had appeared out of nowhere.

grin

I always knew you have tinge of madness lol... Tag a writer. Let's see if he or she can show us the trouble he or she has caused.

2 Likes

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Divepen1(m): 10:25pm On Feb 07, 2017
GSteve001:
Never, ever write again.

It was the last Sunday in April. I had just returned with that special ecstasy from the church. It was another day for me to dust off my bible and flip helplessly while the pastor read from a tablet. By the time I was done arranging and re-arranging, I returned back to the little boy chewing a loaf of bread slowly on the rug. He was a helpless boy I found on my way home, and I had picked him up in line with our pastor’s message that morning –the Good Samaritan. I played one too, and, the feeling was great, knowing that you can be of help too. I passed him a bottle of water and sat opposite him on my bed.

“So, you are lost, right?” I didn’t know if he heard me, but he continued with the loaf of bread. I shrugged and said, “Kid, you didn’t tell me your name on our way home and you want to continue that here? I can’t risk being called a kidnapper. Tell me something about you.” Even though I spoke in care-filled tones, his head was still bowed on the bread. That, my friend, was annoying and I was getting irritated quickly. The pastor didn’t teach us how to handle an annoying Samaritan. The one in the bible would have spoken to a donkey just to get help, but this one was mute.

“See, I can’t continue with this…”

“Mister, why did you stop writing?” his little voice interrupted me as he raised his head, his glazy and intelligent eyes bored into mine and I could barely hold back a chuckle. He spoke, though he asked a strange question.

“Why is that important to you?” I asked.

“If you give me an answer, I’ll tell you all about me.”

Well, that wasn’t too bad. I had bottled up the reason I stopped writing for too long. I knew people would tag me crazy if I told them why, but this boy wanted to know, and I should tell him.

“Come here.” I patted a space on the bed and beckoned on him to join me. He did joyfully and fixed his gaze on me, with a raised brow that signalled ‘start talking’, and I did.

“It started in the year 2017, with divepen1 to be specific. I know you won’t believe this but he had an encounter with one of his fictitious characters. When he posted it online, we all thought he was crazy and never believed him until it started happening to others too. I can’t tell you much about this story, it’s scary, boy. It’s damn scary!

“Just imagine this. A lady you murdered in one of the stories you wrote came back in reality for revenge. Sounds Crazy, right? It actually happened to a writer from Ghana. It was so scary that many writers including me had to stop. We feared that it might happen to us too.

“I have spoken too much already. Boy, now tell me about you.” I looked away from the books I stacked on my table back to the boy who listened to the story with rapt attention. He stood up without a word and approached the door slowly. I walked after him and held his shoulder.

“Kid, who are you? And why are you going away even without telling me a bit about you?” I crouched before him and asked.

“Mister, when the little boy, Ahmed, got locked inside the secret library, someone was supposed to find him after four hours. Isn’t it?” he asked silently. Was he hurt?

“Who is Ahmed? And what have we to do with him?” I asked and stood up. The boy was strange.

“Ahmed got trapped in chapter four. Mary was supposed to find him in chapter five. You stopped that story in chapter four. Mary never arrived, and you can’t imagine how horrible it felt for me to be alone. Please, help me and write chapter five. I need to get out of that library.” He cried and tugged at my leg. His grip was so strong that I had to hold unto the door-leaf.

“Who the hell are you, boy?” I managed to ask.

“I am Ahmed. The boy you created with your imagination while writing.” He declared.

Yes, I wrote The Secret Library. Yes, there was an Ahmed in the story, with a matching description. And yes… I fainted.

lolllllll
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by bibijay123(f): 11:18pm On Feb 07, 2017
Divepen1:
grin

I always knew you have tinge of madness lol... Tag a writer. Let's see if he or she can show us the trouble he or she has caused.

Lol
Cc
Skarlett
Twaci
Chumzypinky
Lleigh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Kusibe77(m): 9:16am On Feb 08, 2017
Divepen1 I want to try.

The tall handsome man before me is a lunatic. Though he was neatly dressed in an
expensive black suit and bearded - well trimmed across his chin to his cheeks, his words makes no sense. The
pleasant
smell of his perfume filled my nostrils and spread across the spacious
exotic office. It was strong, so strong I think I might only afford it with my salary by fasting for one month. It, the scent, was assisted to filter across by the working air condition. He smiled, hands clamped in a fist across my wooden table. Rich, but he was talking and explaining things like a mad man.

His dentition looks mechanical. It glints as he opened his sets of
teeth, too accurate to be called natural.

‘I have never seen you before’ I said and he smiled, tilted his face
to the sides and back at me.
'Neither have I’ he said, the smile still on his face – a disturbance
to my awaken irritation.

'But you said my name, even said we had lived together for so long’

‘Yes’ he nodded. I stared at him as if he was a runaway patient of a mental hospital. He knew I wanted explanation, a good explanation of how we had lived together and had never met before: I wasn't wrong to question is mental healthiness.

'In the past twelve hours every main character of a book and one
other character where made to meet their creator – a very rare
opportunity’ He continued, stood from the chair, pocketed one of his
hand and stared down at me. ‘I was
chosen from your story.'

I could only let out a chuckle, looked away from him, his eyes of
defined seriousness was eating me up; antagonising what he was saying. It was so hard to believe. An elephant riding a termite is just the same story - unbelievable.

'You want me to believe that hun?' I sighed in frustration, ran my palms on my face - maybe the hallucination might stop.

‘You see it’s hard to believe for me either’

‘who gave you the opportunity you are talking about?’

'I don’t know either, let’s say some mighty powers’

I laughed hard
this time. And I saw he was hurt, silent and stared at me. My laugh
seized. He was serious but I am a “thomas”. This is playing like a fairy movie - fantassy.

‘You made my hair low, dark thin eyebrows, inured me with a
smile’ he stopped to look at me, his words were not yet convincing. ‘Am tall...' he
turned briskly as to furnish me the proof of his full height, as if I was noticing him for the first time.

‘You made me to be an heart breaker' he smiled and touched his bears. I beleived he had a satisfaction for being 'an heart breaker'

'And you made me fall
in love and later broke Sarah's heart' he paused and his smile vapourises to a sorry face.

My brain froze for a minute – the name Sarah struck me. No one had
ever read my book. This man,
released by the 'mighty powers' was narrating it’s content.

'You mean the female P.A'

'Yes and I still want her in my life, permanently this time'

The truth is that have written a love story
between a man and his female assistant. I was bewildered as if I saw a
ghost taking antibiotics.

'You are Titus Bartholomew?' I asked, my wide curiosity gaining some clarity.

'That was the name you gave me Mr. k, T.B for short.'

I sighed. 'What do you want, why, how did you find me?'

' I was released at the door of your office' he choosed to answer my last question first 'and what I want? – I can’t
wait to marry.....'

A knock interrupted our conversation. And a woman in blue strapless denim dress
stepped in. The gown danced to the affections of the wind. The wind accessing the office from the door she left opened. Her cat-walk was made noiseless by
the brown rug. My guest and I stared at her. We were caught in
hurriedly flowing bloods, lost voice, seductive figure.
A little chubby body that I could carry, my male visitor will do that more
easily than me. Her shaped face etched a frown, red painted lips were curvy and exposed shoulder's, arm's skin was zinc smooth. Her attention was
directed at me.

'Mr. K' her voice was as beautiful as the voice of Michael, the dead Jackson.

'I have had enough heartbreaks, I want T. B back' she fumed, her arms folded below her breasts that craved attention of their own.

'Sarah?' I said simultaneously with another voice.

‘hun,hun?' She squinted, her nose crisped in at the middle like a
tied nylon.

We were right, she was sarah.She looked at me in disdain, evidences of what I had written
about her; she becomes manner -less when angry: she did not greet, and
left the door open.

I looked from one visitor to the other - two minds, one want.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Chumzypinky(f): 3:27pm On Feb 08, 2017
bibijay123:

Lol Cc Skarlett Twaci Chumzypinky Lleigh
lol tanx dear, i'm coming bak to drop something

1 Like

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by surddick(m): 10:57pm On Feb 08, 2017
drnoel, mr ozila there is something here for u guys

1 Like

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by drnoel: 10:58pm On Feb 08, 2017
surddick:
drnoel, mr ozila there is something here for u guys

ama here, whats up guys
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by drnoel: 11:12pm On Feb 08, 2017
Nice one, I will write a short one. Lets go.

Arrived home from work late as usual. Being running a fever, my head hurt and my nose was as cold as a freezer.

Achuuuuuu! I sneezed again shivering as cold chills ran down my foot.
I was gono have a nasty night of it, I knew.

Slipped into bed without having my bath. Stomach grumbling from lack of food, so tired could barely open my eyes. Didn't even realize my eyes had closed till she touched my bare hot skin between her fingers.

I turn around and u can't guess who I saw, u know who lay slough like a massive naked pussy cat.
My tired eyes burged out in its socket and I still couldn't believe my eyes.
As I stare amazed at her unclothedness she giggled and said "u created me well endowed, its urs do what u want with it".

I recoil back to my side of the bed in horror as she reached out for me. I started protesting as she reached down and started stroking, it felt good, oh so so good".

As I came to my alarm blared 6 am and it was time to wake up. As I got up I felt wetness down below "oh shit", I said. "I had had a wet dream".

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by donkross1(m): 12:10am On Feb 09, 2017
I didn't want to open my eyes, despite the fact that i had regained consciousness. I tried replaying everything that had happened but all was blank. The only thing I could feel at that moment was fear, cold heart piercing fear, i was still trying to figure out what triggered the fear when I felt something, someone whispering into my ears. I couldn't make out what was being said, out of reflex I opened my eyes and there she was, standing above my bed. At that moment, I remembered everything, I remembered i was in bed with my girlfriend, talking about how to spice up our love life when suddenly the lights went off, a heavy breeze out of no where blew the curtains off, I stood up to fix the curtains and that was when i saw a face starring at me through the window, cold shivers and goosebumps overwhelmed me, I suddenly felt the weight of my head tripling it's original size, I remembered falling back to bed and blanking out almost immediately, that was all i remembered. There she was, the lady i saw staring at me through the window was now standing right next to me on the bed, i now understood why the only thing I could feel at that moment was fear.

"Hello Kross." She whispered

"Who, who are you?" I mumbled in fear.

"I am Abeni, also known as Clarita" She replied with her face filled of smiles.

"Abeni ? Clarita ?" I reiterated.

"Yes, Palingenesis? Rings a bell ?"

"How's that even possible?" I wanted to scream but it only came out in whispers.

"How's what possible?"

"You, being here, I believe this is just a dream. You are just a fictional character."

"Fictional huh ? That's what you think, everything you wrote in that story is what played out in our own world, which is world two. You orchestrated everything and we played it to the detail, you are not dreaming at all."

"I don't understand you ?"

"You don't need to, all you need to understand is that i want revenge. Against Babatunji, against Isaac, and i need it as soon as possible."

"How am I supposed to do that?" I inquired.

"Write it, you freed my spirit at the end of the story, now i need to get my long desired revenge for my soul to rest peacefully in the world beyond. Your girlfriend will remain in the state of coma until you fix this, until i get my deserved revenge."

It was at that moment that I realised that my girlfriend was still right there beside me, albeit motionless, obviously in coma.

"Not my girlfriend. Please, leave her out of this." I turned back to face her but she was no longer there.

In a flash, the curtains miraculously fixed itself, the lights came back on, and right there on the table was my laptop which i was sure i shut down and closed, opened and turned on, i quietly sneaked towards it and was amused with what i saw on the screen. Microsoft word which I haven't opened in a long while was staring boldly at me, I sat by the table, brought the laptop closer, turned around and saw my girlfriend still motionless, my hands involuntarily placed themselves on the keyboard and I found myself inputting these words in the document name box... "The Return Of Abeni".

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by donkross1(m): 12:15am On Feb 09, 2017
Oyinprince comman face Tarasha grin
Mattkent comman face Janelle cheesy
Biafrabushboy comman face that guy wey you kee with hiv grin
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Chumzypinky(f): 7:32am On Feb 09, 2017
So here's mine
¤¤
'mummy! Mummy!' i heard Kaima, my eldest daughter call from the sitting room. I came out of the kitchen wiping my hands on my apron.

'Kaima dear, whats the problem? Has Christabel peed on the rug again?' i asked.

'no mummy. Someone's at the door'

'alright' i eyed her as she sat watching her cartoon. Whatever stopped her from answering the door anyway? Stubborn girl. I conceived the thought of disconnecting the cable wires very soon so she could stop watching cartoons.

I opened the door and there were two ladies. One was brownskinned and dressed like a tomboy, in a green t-shirt and white jeans, whit canvas with with green sole, was this independence for goodness sakes? While the other fair one had dreadlocks and was dressed in a simple black sleeveless gown. The look on her face showed anger.

I was about asking who they were when an unexpected slap stung my face. I gasped, then raised my head 'who the hell do you...'

'how dare you!' the fair one interrupted. I saw the mark on her wrists and i concluded she looked familiar, very familiar.

'what have i done to you? Do you know me before? You cant just come into my house and start slapping me when its obvious you found your way to the wrong house' i said.

'are you not Chumzypinky?' the independence one said.

'yes i'm Chumzypinky and who are you?'

'so you dont remember us abi?' she asked again. Her warri accent was also familiar to me.

'no i dont'

'well, i'm Kaka and this is Kainene'

'eh?' my eyes bulged 'Kaka? Kainene? From where?'

'Red Ashes of course'

I felt like fainting. What was happening.

Then the fair one - Kainene, grabbed me 'so you had the right to make me pregnant abi? Even after you knew how much i hated that dog you gave to me as lover. You have to do something oo. Kaka has to be teasing me else, i'll kill you'

Fear shook me.

Lol

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Afz9095(m): 8:11am On Feb 09, 2017
i'm lovin dis, where re oda writers.
Cc: solomonbrown64 nevetsibot oyinprince fiyah safarigirl dioxidane d9ty7 larrysun royver kayemjay purityval onihaxy nitefury skarlett everton4life Lleigh reuel12 coolbreezy01 domawoyele ironkurtain

1 Like

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Divepen1(m): 9:33am On Feb 09, 2017
shocked These guys have crazy imagination. I hope none of these stories come true... Na die be that.
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by GSteve001(m): 11:37am On Feb 09, 2017
@chumzypinky you better go and remove the pregNANCY grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:08pm On Feb 09, 2017
I woke up that morning feeling so unease. It seemed like I fought with a lion in my dreams as I felt aches all over my body. I sluggishly went to the kitchen to get coffee so as to kick-start my day. I had barely lit the gas on, when I heard my phone ringing. I was reluctant to pick up the phone. It rang for a while and got terminated by itself.

"Arrrghhh" I muttered as the phone rang the second time. Something whispered to me not to pick up the call, but curiosity overwhelmed me. I went to where my phone was laying and took a glance into the screen. The number came in a format I had never seen.

"What country code is this?" I asked myself

"Hello" I greeted when I picked up the phone.

"I know you missed me and I missed you here too" The voice came along in a thick scary manner.

"Who are you?" I asked with fear as I took a second look into my phone.

"Did you later see my diary?" He asked as his voice was getting scarier

"Who are you?" I repeated. This time, with intense fear.

"I know you wrote about me, despite the fact it was against my wish." He said with a voice filled with much emotions.

"I never died a wasted man. I only lived a wasted life and the reason I kept the diary was because you were treading on a path similar to mine. Instead of you to read and take corrections, you went ahead to publish my story!" He said with higher voice filled with anger.

"I will find you, and I will pay you back in your own coin." He continued.

I was already sweating all over myself and my temperature was already on the rise.

"Look at the wall close to the television, what do you see?" He asked.

I slowly moved my sight towards the direction he pointed out. To my greatest surprise, I saw -----------------------------

To Be Continued. *****Memo of a male sex addict***********!!

3 Likes

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Chumzypinky(f): 3:37pm On Feb 09, 2017
GSteve001:
@chumzypinky you better go and remove the pregNANCY grin
lol, i will, i no want make person beat me oo

1 Like

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by NevetsIbot(m): 4:09pm On Feb 09, 2017
I was running deep into the wood. Each step taking me metres deeper as I ran hoping to finish my morning jog before the 6.am sun came out.

The moon was still out but It's beam was slowing getting swallowed up by the clouds.

Today makes it a year since I wrote my first story. Survival of the curse. I smilled to myself and ran even faster.

I stopped abruptly when the moonlight suddenly shinned bright casting pitch black shadows under everything!! I froze since I've never experienced this in my 18yrs of living. Goosebumps broke loose on my skin and chills ran down my spine.

The moonlight vanished along with the moon itself with a woooosh! Sound. I got tensed. What the fvck was happening?? Everywhere was dark and I could taste darkness.

Lightening bolts tore down from the sky shook the ground. I watched as trees and grasses around the torrents of electricity dry up.

RUN!!!!!!!! My head screamed!!... I turned on my heels and took off at 900km/hr. Infact, I was flying.

Thunder struck before me. I closed my eyes due to the bright light and watched as a male figure walked out of the volts.

"Stephen!!! Nevetsibot!'' The figure said.

"Who are you ooo? Sango or Ogun?'' I quaked in fear.

The figure laughed "So now my creator is scared of me. I'm awesome! Too bad Kashi doesnt agree to that''

"Uhn? Acheon?'' I asked. Unsure.

"yes. Its Acheon.''

"How?.... Like.... How come you're here?''

"Helloo, I can teleport''

"You are just a fictional character. You aren't real''

Acheon laughed ''We are. You see as you were writing we were formed''

"I must be dreaming. I'll wake up soon'' I said.

"No. You're awake'' Acheon stopped like he was listening to something. " There's trouble at Linceway. I want you to make me more powerful'' Acheon demanded.

"How.. I'm powerless'' I was sweating as I watched him conjure lightening. Acheon Dashed away and was before me with my laptop.

"Here, rewrite the story now.''

"But, it's too much stress joor''

Blue fire descended behind me revealing Hades!!

"Ah..... I'm in trouble'' I exclaimed.

"Big trouble!!! Very big one! Rewrite the whole story and make me the ruler of Olympus.'' Hades said.

Acheon hurled lightening at Hades and a fight started. I stared at the document file "Survival of the curse'' and wondered what would happen if I deleted it.

"Mehn. Ion care''... I pressed it anyway!

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by damesilver(m): 9:14pm On Feb 09, 2017
This is what happens to novel enthusiasts.

Especially the beginners.

They let loose their imagination to run riot just to scribble down something.

It is good to aspire to be a prolific writer but I want to enjoin them to be careful with what they create with their mental powers.
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Nobody: 6:44am On Feb 10, 2017
donkross1:
Oyinprince comman face Tarasha grin
Mattkent comman face Janelle cheesy
Biafrabushboy comman face that guy wey you kee with hiv grin

Great stuff there. Really had a good laugh. Let me see what I can write cheesy

But seriously this thread is full of creative writers.
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by donkross1(m): 10:46am On Feb 10, 2017
Mattkent:

Great stuff there. Really had a good laugh. Let me see what I can write cheesy

But seriously this thread is full of creative writers.

Hahaha, thanks bro. We dey wait your masterpiece grin

Yeah, you can say that again.
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 10, 2017
It's crazy. Just when I thought I've put behind her veil behind me I get a friend request from Zeenat brother.

Of course Zeenat and her brother were real, same as every other characters except Janelle and Jennifer. Janelle and Jennifer were just pigment of my imagination.

It took me minutes before I accepted the request, I mean this was the brother of the girl I was madly in love with but she got married last year so it wasn't exactly a request I was willing to accept without a thought.

The conversation went well though and contacts were exchanged.

Next day evening I stopped by chicken republic. I always ate there because of three things, their tasty chicken, their chicken pie and because it was just a short walk from my lodge.

I had my ear piece stuck in my ear, listening to some cool songs while munching the hot pie and completely unaware of the lady that just stepped in.

My gaze finally pinned on her.

She was...alluring, so alluring that you can die just staring at her, that's how beautiful she was. She inspected the eatery as though she was looking for someone...Then she sat with me, facing me.

"Hello Seyyid. Or should I say Sadiq?" She said with a smirk masking her face.

I removed my earpiece momentarily. Did she just say Sadiq?

"Excuse me? Do I know you?" I was puzzled.

She touched her neatly braided hair and I could have sworn that I saw her bat her eyes.

"You weren't that hard to find you know. I guess you always update your location on social media just same way you did in your story."

"Miss I don't know who you are and I don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about." I played dumb. Waiting for her to say something.

She extended her palm to me.

"Hi I'm Jen. Jennifer Williams. The girl in your story."

And just then I paused for eternity, my eyes scanning her. Her beautifully braided hair, the batting of hers, her self confidence, her flawlessness and most importantly her brutal prettiness.

"No way! That can't be!" I shaked my head in disbelief. She was definitely like the Jennifer in behind her veil. She was exactly the way I imagined her to be.

"I need a favor from you." She said.

"What?"

"Like who do you think you are, God? I mean thanks for making me this pretty and making Vanessa insecure but what's the use of this whole prettiness if I didn't get the guy I want." Her temper suddenly flared.

I was about mouthing what guy when she cut me off and continued.

"The Kross guy. The guy you made me meet at that wedding. You knew I was in love with him but because you want to play almighty writer you gave him to Vanessa." Her voice pitch had risen.

I looked around to confirm if I was the only one seeing her but apparently I wasn't the only one because the security guard was cautioning her, telling her to lower her voice.

"I'm sorry but it's just a story." I mumbled. Still not believing that a character from my book had come to life.

"Just a story?" She fumed. "I'm here ain't I? You created me and you gave me a life I don't want so no it's not just a story!"

"What do you really want?"

"I want you to rewrite the story. The sequel you are writing why didn't you tell everyone why I couldn't make it to Asmau's farewell. You lied to everyone that I was preoccupied. Why didn't you tell them the truth, that I couldn't attend because Eze beat me up and I had a swollen face!"

"But I didn't know about that!" I cut in.

"Of course you don't. Now rewrite the story and make Vanessa marry Eze while I marry Kross. You created me so you know what I'm capable of doing if you don't rewrite it!"

Of course I know what she's capable of doing. I was powerless before her!

"Okay I'll do it. I'll rewrite it."

"You better do. Because as long as you leave the story the way it is I'll never leave. I'll be here." She stood up and made to leave.

"And one more thing." She added. "You should watch your back. Janelle is coming for you too. And it's a pity you gave her the ability to shape shift, because how then will you recognize her if she comes in the form of another person. Who knows I could be her, but how can you tell?" She burst out an evil laughter.

"Why is she coming after me too?" I asked before she left. Maybe I could also rewrite her part before she gets to me.

"Endless reasons. let me see." She counted her fingers with each reasons. "One; She hated the fact that you didn't mate with her. Two; You didn't even find her worthy of having a non human boyfriend. She claimed she was lonely. And three This is the main reason she's coming for you, because you decided to feature a new non human called 'Flora' in the sequel and you dissed her! But who knows she might have some other non human reasons why she is coming for you that I don't know about. So the way I see it now, you seem to be in a really bad spot unless you rewrite that story!"

And she closed the exit door and left, walked into the dark night. Gone yet still around.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 10, 2017
donkross1:

Hahaha, thanks bro. We dey wait your masterpiece grin

Yeah, you can say that again.

I've dropped it. This stuff is crazy sha cheesy
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by EmperorLee(m): 12:26pm On Feb 10, 2017
Mattkent:

I've dropped it. This stuff is crazy sha cheesy

Fire cheesy cheesy. Apparently, Jennifer wants me now grin, I am in love with Vanessa menh cheesy

Bro, I believe this stuff must have done a lot to inspire you for the sequel, when we go start now ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by drnoel: 12:32pm On Feb 10, 2017
Divepen1:
cheesy what if one of your characters comes visiting, write what might happen.

I go first.

@Divepen1, very nice idea. Its really a platform for people to write ulta egos of some of their known work. Very nice.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The First Bloods / The White Mosquito Flash Fiction Challenge / I Think I'm Losing My Husband (Poem)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.