Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me (11910 Views)

In - Between ( A Fictional Story) / From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... / Love Happened By Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 10, 2017
EmperorLee:

Fire cheesy cheesy. Apparently, Jennifer wants me now grin, I am in love with Vanessa menh cheesy

Bro, I believe this stuff must have done a lot to inspire you for the sequel, when we go start now ?

Haha nice try. Sure it has inspired me but I'm not chanced to dedicate time for writing now.

Fiyah let's see yours.
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Divepen1(m): 12:59pm On Feb 10, 2017
drnoel:

@Divepen1, very nice idea. Its really a platform for people to write ulta egos of some of their known work. Very nice.
Thanks.
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by NevetsIbot(m): 1:02pm On Feb 10, 2017
Divepen1:
Thanks.
lalasticlala. Push this to fp biko. Atleast, let the literature section get some attention...

Divepen... Greetings. How are you?
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Divepen1(m): 1:05pm On Feb 10, 2017
NevetsIbot:
lalasticlala. Push this to fp biko. Atleast, let the literature section get some attention...

Divepen... Greetings. How are you?
Boss me, I'm good.
You?
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by NevetsIbot(m): 1:06pm On Feb 10, 2017
Mattkent:

Haha nice try. Sure it has inspired me but I'm not chanced to dedicate time for writing now.

Fiyah let's see yours.
MattKent. Bad guy.... I enjoyed your own story. I still dislike that jennifer mehn. Better take care.

And biko, when Janelle comes, give her a rose for me..before she kills you. She's my crush.

Solomonbrown64 drop something
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by NevetsIbot(m): 1:07pm On Feb 10, 2017
Divepen1:
Boss me, I'm good. You?
I'm also good Boss. How's the day going?
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by drnoel: 1:31pm On Feb 10, 2017
So many wonderful writers already present, some of my best still yet to show. Am drawn to write a continuation to pull out some of my very best writers. Come on guys lets have fun here.

I walk into the bathroom with a very hard rhizopus. Pour water on my face to clear my head. My fever had broken but my head still felt as if full of cobwebs.
To cap it all, my nose was running like a fountain as if it had a mind of its own.

My grumbling stomach reminded me of my hunger of last so I decided to make myself some sandwich as I clearly told myself I would call in sick.

I walked into my kitchen feeling a level of familiarity. It was after I made mysellf something to eat and was munching away that it hit me.

It looked like my kitchen but then not really. My kitchen equipments were wrongly set in a slowly familiar way.

I was still pondering why when "U know who" aka Tiwa walked into the kitchen in her full glory". This time my eyes where clear as day.

I start choking on my drink with growing trepidation as fear gripped my chest like a vice.

I finally found my voice that was not my voice and asked in a squeaky nasal tone "how come u are here. U are supposed to be an imagination"?

But she replied me "even imaginary things do come true and urs have done so. But there is a problem, ur actions of yesterday has shown me that we are not compatible. I have always loved Obinna and will always do. For me there is no room for another man in my life. That's why u have to go".

As she said so, she pulled out a long kitchen knife she had been hiding behind her back and slowly walked over to where I sat. I screamed myself awake.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by GSteve001(m): 1:50pm On Feb 10, 2017
please do try to finish your story in one post. or, modify the uncompleted one when ready, so that the stories don't end up disjointed.
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 10, 2017
bibijay123:
If there' s a character i 'd like to meet it would be ....

I was wondering why life had suddenly became boring for me and I was thinking of having a bit of fun, so I put on my bum short and headed for the nearest club. What I didn't bargain for was having a baby thrust into my arms as soon as I alighted from my car!

The tall, dark, handsome man with a rugged edge suddenly appeared out of nowhere and the baby boy was in my arms before I realized what was going on.

" Ogboni76 is out of jail, he killed Annie and his boys are on my heels" he said breathlessly.

" Who..who are you?" I stammered, " why me?"

" I am Shark and you brought this upon me!"

My eyes almost popped out." Shark?"

"Keep Funmi' s baby safe until I come for him"

And he was gone. Just like he had appeared out of nowhere.

Aww... Romantic. kiss
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 10, 2017
GSteve001:
Never, ever write again.

It was the last Sunday in April. I had just returned with that special ecstasy from the church. It was another day for me to dust off my bible and flip helplessly while the pastor read from a tablet. By the time I was done arranging and re-arranging, I returned back to the little boy chewing a loaf of bread slowly on the rug. He was a helpless boy I found on my way home, and I had picked him up in line with our pastor’s message that morning –the Good Samaritan. I played one too, and, the feeling was great, knowing that you can be of help too. I passed him a bottle of water and sat opposite him on my bed.

“So, you are lost, right?” I didn’t know if he heard me, but he continued with the loaf of bread. I shrugged and said, “Kid, you didn’t tell me your name on our way home and you want to continue that here? I can’t risk being called a kidnapper. Tell me something about you.” Even though I spoke in care-filled tones, his head was still bowed on the bread. That, my friend, was annoying and I was getting irritated quickly. The pastor didn’t teach us how to handle an annoying Samaritan. The one in the bible would have spoken to a donkey just to get help, but this one was mute.

“See, I can’t continue with this…”

“Mister, why did you stop writing?” his little voice interrupted me as he raised his head, his glazy and intelligent eyes bored into mine and I could barely hold back a chuckle. He spoke, though he asked a strange question.

“Why is that important to you?” I asked.

“If you give me an answer, I’ll tell you all about me.”

Well, that wasn’t too bad. I had bottled up the reason I stopped writing for too long. I knew people would tag me crazy if I told them why, but this boy wanted to know, and I should tell him.

“Come here.” I patted a space on the bed and beckoned on him to join me. He did joyfully and fixed his gaze on me, with a raised brow that signalled ‘start talking’, and I did.

“It started in the year 2017, with divepen1 to be specific. I know you won’t believe this but he had an encounter with one of his fictitious characters. When he posted it online, we all thought he was crazy and never believed him until it started happening to others too. I can’t tell you much about this story, it’s scary, boy. It’s damn scary!

“Just imagine this. A lady you murdered in one of the stories you wrote came back in reality for revenge. Sounds Crazy, right? It actually happened to a writer from Ghana. It was so scary that many writers including me had to stop. We feared that it might happen to us too.

“I have spoken too much already. Boy, now tell me about you.” I looked away from the books I stacked on my table back to the boy who listened to the story with rapt attention. He stood up without a word and approached the door slowly. I walked after him and held his shoulder.

“Kid, who are you? And why are you going away even without telling me a bit about you?” I crouched before him and asked.

“Mister, when the little boy, Ahmed, got locked inside the secret library, someone was supposed to find him after four hours. Isn’t it?” he asked silently. Was he hurt?

“Who is Ahmed? And what have we to do with him?” I asked and stood up. The boy was strange.

“Ahmed got trapped in chapter four. Mary was supposed to find him in chapter five. You stopped that story in chapter four. Mary never arrived, and you can’t imagine how horrible it felt for me to be alone. Please, help me and write chapter five. I need to get out of that library.” He cried and tugged at my leg. His grip was so strong that I had to hold unto the door-leaf.

“Who the hell are you, boy?” I managed to ask.

“I am Ahmed. The boy you created with your imagination while writing.” He declared.

Yes, I wrote The Secret Library. Yes, there was an Ahmed in the story, with a matching description. And yes… I fainted.

Awwn awwn...This is touching.
Uncle, goan free ahmed oh. cry

1 Like

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 10, 2017
NevetsIbot:
MattKent. Bad guy.... I enjoyed your own story. I still dislike that jennifer mehn. Better take care.

And biko, when Janelle comes, give her a rose for me..before she kills you. She's my crush.

Solomonbrown64 drop something

Thanks lot. Yours was like watching a movie. Great stuff.
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 10, 2017
Chumzypinky:
So here's mine
¤¤
'mummy! Mummy!' i heard Kaima, my eldest daughter call from the sitting room. I came out of the kitchen wiping my hands on my apron.

'Kaima dear, whats the problem? Has Christabel peed on the rug again?' i asked.

'no mummy. Someone's at the door'

'alright' i eyed her as she sat watching her cartoon. Whatever stopped her from answering the door anyway? Stubborn girl. I conceived the thought of disconnecting the cable wires very soon so she could stop watching cartoons.

I opened the door and there were two ladies. One was brownskinned and dressed like a tomboy, in a green t-shirt and white jeans, whit canvas with with green sole, was this independence for goodness sakes? While the other fair one had dreadlocks and was dressed in a simple black sleeveless gown. The look on her face showed anger.

I was about asking who they were when an unexpected slap stung my face. I gasped, then raised my head 'who the hell do you...'

'how dare you!' the fair one interrupted. I saw the mark on her wrists and i concluded she looked familiar, very familiar.

'what have i done to you? Do you know me before? You cant just come into my house and start slapping me when its obvious you found your way to the wrong house' i said.

'are you not Chumzypinky?' the independence one said.

'yes i'm Chumzypinky and who are you?'

'so you dont remember us abi?' she asked again. Her warri accent was also familiar to me.

'no i dont'

'well, i'm Kaka and this is Kainene'

'eh?' my eyes bulged 'Kaka? Kainene? From where?'

'Red Ashes of course'

I felt like fainting. What was happening.

Then the fair one - Kainene, grabbed me 'so you had the right to make me pregnant abi? Even after you knew how much i hated that dog you gave to me as lover. You have to do something oo. Kaka has to be teasing me else, i'll kill you'

Fear shook me.

Lol
grin grin

Damn crazy... Hahaha grin

1 Like

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 10, 2017
NevetsIbot:

I was running deep into the wood. Each step taking me metres deeper as I ran hoping to finish my morning jog before the 6.am sun came out.

The moon was still out but It's beam was slowing getting swallowed up by the clouds.

Today makes it a year since I wrote my first story. Survival of the curse. I smilled to myself and ran even faster.

I stopped abruptly when the moonlight suddenly shinned bright casting pitch black shadows under everything!! I froze since I've never experienced this in my 18yrs of living. Goosebumps broke loose on my skin and chills ran down my spine.

The moonlight vanished along with the moon itself with a woooosh! Sound. I got tensed. What the fvck was happening?? Everywhere was dark and I could taste darkness.

Lightening bolts tore down from the sky shook the ground. I watched as trees and grasses around the torrents of electricity dry up.

RUN!!!!!!!! My head screamed!!... I turned on my heels and took off at 900km/hr. Infact, I was flying.

Thunder struck before me. I closed my eyes due to the bright light and watched as a male figure walked out of the volts.

"Stephen!!! Nevetsibot!'' The figure said.

"Who are you ooo? Sango or Ogun?'' I quaked in fear.

The figure laughed "So now my creator is scared of me. I'm awesome! Too bad Kashi doesnt agree to that''

"Uhn? Acheon?'' I asked. Unsure.

"yes. Its Acheon.''

"How?.... Like.... How come you're here?''

"Helloo, I can teleport''

"You are just a fictional character. You aren't real''

Acheon laughed ''We are. You see as you were writing we were formed''

"I must be dreaming. I'll wake up soon'' I said.

"No. You're awake'' Acheon stopped like he was listening to something. " There's trouble at Linceway. I want you to make me more powerful'' Acheon demanded.

"How.. I'm powerless'' I was sweating as I watched him conjure lightening. Acheon Dashed away and was before me with my laptop.

"Here, rewrite the story now.''

"But, it's too much stress joor''

Blue fire descended behind me revealing Hades!!

"Ah..... I'm in trouble'' I exclaimed.

"Big trouble!!! Very big one! Rewrite the whole story and make me the ruler of Olympus.'' Hades said.

Acheon hurled lightening at Hades and a fight started. I stared at the document file "Survival of the curse'' and wondered what would happen if I deleted it.

"Mehn. Ion care''... I pressed it anyway!
Omg... hahaha grin

This is fun mehn
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by GSteve001(m): 2:08pm On Feb 10, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Awwn awwn...This is touching.
Uncle, goan free ahmed oh. cry
. lol, seems like I don't have a choice here
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 10, 2017
donkross1:
I didn't want to open my eyes, despite the fact that i had regained consciousness. I tried replaying everything that had happened but all was blank. The only thing I could feel at that moment was fear, cold heart piercing fear, i was still trying to figure out what triggered the fear when I felt something, someone whispering into my ears. I couldn't make out what was being said, out of reflex I opened my eyes and there she was, standing above my bed. At that moment, I remembered everything, I remembered i was in bed with my girlfriend, talking about how to spice up our love life when suddenly the lights went off, a heavy breeze out of no where blew the curtains off, I stood up to fix the curtains and that was when i saw a face starring at me through the window, cold shivers and goosebumps overwhelmed me, I suddenly felt the weight of my head tripling it's original size, I remembered falling back to bed and blanking out almost immediately, that was all i remembered. There she was, the lady i saw staring at me through the window was now standing right next to me on the bed, i now understood why the only thing I could feel at that moment was fear.

"Hello Kross." She whispered

"Who, who are you?" I mumbled in fear.

"I am Abeni, also known as Clarita" She replied with her face filled of smiles.

"Abeni ? Clarita ?" I reiterated.

"Yes, Palingenesis? Rings a bell ?"

"How's that even possible?" I wanted to scream but it only came out in whispers.

"How's what possible?"

"You, being here, I believe this is just a dream. You are just a fictional character."

"Fictional huh ? That's what you think, everything you wrote in that story is what played out in our own world, which is world two. You orchestrated everything and we played it to the detail, you are not dreaming at all."

"I don't understand you ?"

"You don't need to, all you need to understand is that i want revenge. Against Babatunji, against Isaac, and i need it as soon as possible."

"How am I supposed to do that?" I inquired.

"Write it, you freed my spirit at the end of the story, now i need to get my long desired revenge for my soul to rest peacefully in the world beyond. Your girlfriend will remain in the state of coma until you fix this, until i get my deserved revenge."

It was at that moment that I realised that my girlfriend was still right there beside me, albeit motionless, obviously in coma.

"Not my girlfriend. Please, leave her out of this." I turned back to face her but she was no longer there.

In a flash, the curtains miraculously fixed itself, the lights came back on, and right there on the table was my laptop which i was sure i shut down and closed, opened and turned on, i quietly sneaked towards it and was amused with what i saw on the screen. Microsoft word which I haven't opened in a long while was staring boldly at me, I sat by the table, brought the laptop closer, turned around and saw my girlfriend still motionless, my hands involuntarily placed themselves on the keyboard and I found myself inputting these words in the document name box... "The Return Of Abeni".
Scary embarassed embarassed

Abeni agbon grin grin

1 Like

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 10, 2017
Heemah do check out this thread.
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by heemah(f): 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2017
Mattkent:
Heemah do check out this thread.
The stories got me rolling on the floor. Biko, you guys should continue ooo.
TiffanyJ, Solomonbrown64, leriebloom, fiyah, come and post yours too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 10, 2017
This is really nice
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:42pm On Feb 10, 2017
skarlett:
This is really nice

Indeed it is.....Which one you want meet?..Make I conjure am come based on Oracle things grin

Royver!!! Come and do your in o!! grin

Prettyspicey you too! cheesy

AudreyTimms ma bo bi bayi o! cheesy

Safarigirl bia ne ba o grin

Repogirl...Oya come and do your own. grin
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 10, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Indeed it is.....Which one you want meet?..Make I conjure am come based on Oracle things grin

Ro yver!!! Come and do your in o!! grin

Prettys picey you too! cheesy

Audrey Timms ma bo bi bayi o! cheesy

Safari girl bia ne ba o grin

Rep ogirl...Oya come and do your own. grin

Blessing the evil nanny grin
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:45pm On Feb 10, 2017
skarlett:

Blessing the evil nanny grin

shocked

Make I hide for ya back lol...

Oya na,would love to see what you come up with grin
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 10, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

shocked

Make I hide for ya back lol...

Oya na,would love to see what you come up with grin

E still dey cook for fire cheesy
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:51pm On Feb 10, 2017
skarlett:

E still dey cook for fire cheesy

Make e done quick biko I don dey salivate. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by drnoel: 8:18am On Feb 11, 2017
GSteve001:
please do try to finish your story in one post. or, modify the uncompleted one when ready, so that the stories don't end up disjointed.

What fun would that be?
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by PrettySpicey(f): 11:34am On Feb 11, 2017
It was past midnight. I cast an absent glance at my phone's

24hour-set clock and breathed an impatient sigh. I needed to be in bed; but I needed to complete this chapter too. So...

My fingers swept across the keyboard with as much speed as I could make them -- which was no speed at all. I should have taken that damn speed-writing class serious!

The knock was brusque and I shot my head up. Christ Almighty! Was someone knocking on my PC screen?

It came again. Swift, loud and impatient.

No, it wasn't coming from the PC. "Darn it, TM, get a grip!" I muttered and scraped back my chair and marched to the door.

I pulled it open and stared, hugely irritated, at the girl... make that woman... No, young woman at my door. "Do you know what the time is?" I demanded, wondering why I'd opened the door at all. Could have been a robber. Could still be.

"After midnight, I should think." She retorted, nudged me out of the doorway and walked into the room.

I muttered something not polite under my breath and shut the door with a snap.

"Writing, are you?" She asked when I resumed my seat.

"Yes." I didn't bother to spare her a glance.

"Of course, that's what you do -- write." She perched a hip on my desk. "What are you writing?"

I slowly raised my head. She was slender -- quite slender. Dark, like ebony dark. Her hair was some kind of frisky, short style with tinges of red slashing through the pitch black weave. Her mouth was coated in red -- bright, sultry red and pursed as she stared back at me.

Love red much, don't you? I thought with a sneer, sweeping my glance over her maroon coloured designed-to-fit dress. Good thing you went black on the heeled sandals. But who wears heels after midnight?

"A story." I answered her question, moving my eyes to hold hers.

"A story." She repeated and the semblance of a smirk crossed her face. "Let me guess, a love story. Romance. That's what you write best, right?"

I didn't like the smirk. "I do other genres but Romance does take the lead. Why are you asking?"

She ignored question and peered at the PC screen. "So, whose love story are you weaving, writer?"

I definitely don't like her tone. Why the heck again did I let her in -- a total stranger?

"It is the story of Micah, Shadrach and Noah." My tone was crisp... and patronizing.

"Ha, Micah. I'm guessing that unisex name would belong to our leading lady, right?"

"It does." I should get rid of her.

"And... pray tell, and when did you meet this," she crooked her fingers, "Micah?"

"Not that it's any of your business," my patronizing tone amplified, "but she and I made contact in September."

"Last September?" She spluttered, springing to her feet. "Like 5 months ago September?"

I was thinking I liked her perfume, even though I didn't like her screeching indignantly and looking all astonished in my room.

"Yes, that September." I nonchalantly held her gaze.

"You met her in September and you're already writing her story?" She cussed, under her breath and explicitly. Not a word I'd ever write. "5 months and she gets her own story? Gets to become the heroine of her own love story?"

"Yes, 5 months and she gets that." Now, I've had enough. "Who are you again?"

"What?" She gave me a look like it was a stupid question. "Kike."

"Kike?" I arched my eyebrows.

"Kikelomo Adeyemo." She hissed.

I arched my brows even higher. Hadn't known that was possible until now.

"I don't believe this!" She ground out, stamped one heeled-foot. "Kike. Valerie's best friend? Un-Break My Heart?"

"Oh." My mind opened, captured, processed and recalled. "But... that can't be! I can't be talking... seeing... you are a character from a story for Christ's!"

"Mmm-hmm. A character in a story you wrote." She'd crossed her arms over her chest now and was smirking again. "A character you created. You created me and you forgot all about me."

"Forgot all about you?" I was still trying to convince myself not to abandon my PC and run for my dear life. "But... how? What did I do?"

"What did you do? Toss me out. Threw me into oblivion; buried in hip-deep promises," she swung her hip -- a pronounced one for one so slender -- to one side, "and eternal procrastinations."

"Right." I blinked, wondered if one nut had come loose in my head... again.

"It is not right, TM!" She... Well, I can say Kike now. Kike snapped. "You treated me shabbily. I was a good character. A damn good character. Heck! I put the zing in your Un-Break My Heart. People loved me. They wanted more of me -- the spice that made their reading an unforgettable experience. They asked for me, and you promised them a story." She jerked a finger at me. "You know when you wrote UBMH, TM?"

"Ah..." She is using acronyms like I do? Dang!

"2013! 2013, TM?" Kike snorted a derisive laugh. "And in 2014, you made the promise to write my love story after bringing the UBMH on board here. 2014, that's 3 years ago, TM. 3 years. Yet, Micah, only 5 months in the radar, is already getting her own story. That is so not cool, TM."

"Ah..."

"3 years and I've been waiting for my story." Kike cut off my stuttering. "3 years, I've been waiting to be made a heroine. Waiting to be upgraded from supporting character to heroine. Waiting to be the bride and not die a bridesmaid. Waiting -- and every year, you buried me deeper in promises and procrastinations. While you made Toni a heroine. Made Lara a heroine. Even made that money-lover Richelle a heroine too! And now, it's just-sprung-up-5-months-ago Micah. Hell no, TM! I want my story. I demand you write my story. You created me, so give me a better life!"

"Right." I nodded, breathed... blinked. "I will write your story, I promise..."

"Enough with the promises, just do it!" Kike snapped. "You know how old I am now? 31, TM. 31, since you put me out there in 2014. Do you know the kind of pressure out there when a girl's 31 and no man?"

"I will write your story. This year. No more procrastinations, I swear." Swearing was better than promising, right?

"You do that." Kike gave a snooty sniff. "But back date it. No way am I going to be older than 30 on my wedding day. You found Valerie her man on the day she turned 30 and I want the same."

But you're already 31. As a matter of fact, it is 32 since the story was dated in 2013."

"It's fiction, TM. You can do whatever you want." Her eyes sparkled menacingly. "Back date it. 30. The big three-oh and a man of my own. And I want a wedding. You gave Elizabeth and Amarachi a wedding scene, I want one."

"Ah... that could be too repetitive. I did an after-wedding scene for Samantha..."

"I don't care about Samantha, or the others. I want a wedding." She pinned unflinching eyes on me. "You make my wedding happen, get it?"

"Ah... yes." But, dang, she was bossy! Was that how I created her -- all fiery and bossy?

"Good. Third quarter of this year at the latest, TM. No longer."

"No longer." I absently acquiesced. Where did the full-length mirror she was primping in front of come from?

"Great. Super. Me likey." She grinned at her image, fluffed her hair. "So, what's with this Micah?"

"Micah." I tried to clear my head. "Um, she's actually got a 9 year old son and just got engaged to the man she is dating. But Shadrach, her son's father, comes back and she starts..."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Kike cut me off. "Save the long details for those eager to read it. I don't care to be bored by another's heroine's love tale. I got mine to dream about." She critically eyed her image. "Yeah, I'm all set. Going over to Valerie's. She's got a baby now..."

"Valerie has a baby?" The information surprised me.

"Yes, she does. A boy. You would know if you'd bothered about my story." She made a clucking noise with her tongue. "Anyway, I'm off. It's going to be green-eyes moments with Val and Nathan billing and cooing at each other. But I love my girl and I love Nate Phillips, so no hard feelings." Her mouth pursed. "What will be hardship is having to put up with that Duncan."

"You don't like Duncan?" My eyebrows shot up.

"Please." Kike scoffed. "He thinks he's all that. He's a yellow skin for heaven's sake! All about himself like I'd ever be interested in a sun-lit man." She clucked her tongue and sashayed to the door. "Get me a real man, TM. Tall, dark... and I'm talking ebony real African dark skin... and hot." With a dramatic wink, she swept through the door.

"Aha!" A scene opened before me.

Then multiple scenes. Possibilities. The things I could do. Oh yes...

"TM?"

I snapped open my eyes.

My PC's cursor blinked twice. "Continue my story." Micah's voice ordered. "I'm not giving up my turn for her. And the other Antoinette is waiting her turn too. So..." She let the words hang on that meaningful note.

I gaped at my PC. Christ, these characters were too bossy!

Um, @ JeffreyJames, ah... what was I going to tell you?

*Thinks*

Oh well, don't matter. I've got work. Kike... No, Micah... ah... *getting back to work*

2 Likes

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Divepen1(m): 11:43am On Feb 11, 2017
PrettySpicey:
It was past midnight. I cast an absent glance at my phone's

24hour-set clock and breathed an impatient sigh. I needed to be in bed; but I needed to complete this chapter too. So...

My fingers swept across the keyboard with as much speed as I could make them -- which was no speed at all. I should have taken that damn speed-writing class serious!

The knock was brusque and I shot my head up. Christ Almighty! Was someone knocking on my PC screen?

It came again. Swift, loud and impatient.

No, it wasn't coming from the PC. "Darn it, TM, get a grip!" I muttered and scraped back my chair and marched to the door.

I pulled it open and stared, hugely irritated, at the girl... make that woman... No, young woman at my door. "Do you know what the time is?" I demanded, wondering why I'd opened the door at all. Could have been a robber. Could still be.

"After midnight, I should think." She retorted, nudged me out of the doorway and walked into the room.

I muttered something not polite under my breath and shut the door with a snap.

"Writing, are you?" She asked when I resumed my seat.

"Yes." I didn't bother to spare her a glance.

"Of course, that's what you do -- write." She perched a hip on my desk. "What are you writing?"

I slowly raised my head. She was slender -- quite slender. Dark, like ebony dark. Her hair was some kind of frisky, short style with tinges of red slashing through the pitch black weave. Her mouth was coated in red -- bright, sultry red and pursed as she stared back at me.

Love red much, don't you? I thought with a sneer, sweeping my glance over her maroon coloured designed-to-fit dress. Good thing you went black on the heeled sandals. But who wears heels after midnight?

"A story." I answered her question, moving my eyes to hold hers.

"A story." She repeated and the semblance of a smirk crossed her face. "Let me guess, a love story. Romance. That's what you write best, right?"

I didn't like the smirk. "I do other genres but Romance does take the lead. Why are you asking?"

She ignored question and peered at the PC screen. "So, whose love story are you weaving, writer?"

I definitely don't like her tone. Why the heck again did I let her in -- a total stranger?

"It is the story of Micah, Shadrach and Noah." My tone was crisp... and patronizing.

"Ha, Micah. I'm guessing that unisex name would belong to our leading lady, right?"

"It does." I should get rid of her.

"And... pray tell, and when did you meet this," she crooked her fingers, "Micah?"

"Not that it's any of your business," my patronizing tone amplified, "but she and I made contact in September."

"Last September?" She spluttered, springing to her feet. "Like 5 months ago September?"

I was thinking I liked her perfume, even though I didn't like her screeching indignantly and looking all astonished in my room.

"Yes, that September." I nonchalantly held her gaze.

"You met her in September and you're already writing her story?" She cussed, under her breath and explicitly. Not a word I'd ever write. "5 months and she gets her own story? Gets to become the heroine of her own love story?"

"Yes, 5 months and she gets that." Now, I've had enough. "Who are you again?"

"What?" She gave me a look like it was a stupid question. "Kike."

"Kike?" I arched my eyebrows.

"Kikelomo Adeyemo." She hissed.

I arched my brows even higher. Hadn't known that was possible until now.

"I don't believe this!" She ground out, stamped one heeled-foot. "Kike. Valerie's best friend? Un-Break My Heart?"

"Oh." My mind opened, captured, processed and recalled. "But... that can't be! I can't be talking... seeing... you are a character from a story for Christ's!"

"Mmm-hmm. A character in a story you wrote." She'd crossed her arms over her chest now and was smirking again. "A character you created. You created me and you forgot all about me."

"Forgot all about you?" I was still trying to convince myself not to abandon my PC and run for my dear life. "But... how? What did I do?"

"What did you do? Toss me out. Threw me into oblivion; buried in hip-deep promises," she swung her hip -- a pronounced one for one so slender -- to one side, "and eternal procrastinations."

"Right." I blinked, wondered if one nut had come loose in my head... again.

"It is not right, TM!" She... Well, I can say Kike now. Kike snapped. "You treated me shabbily. I was a good character. A damn good character. Heck! I put the zing in your Un-Break My Heart. People loved me. They wanted more of me -- the spice that made their reading an unforgettable experience. They asked for me, and you promised them a story." She jerked a finger at me. "You know when you wrote UBMH, TM?"

"Ah..." She is using acronyms like I do? Dang!

"2013! 2013, TM?" Kike snorted a derisive laugh. "And in 2014, you made the promise to write my love story after bringing the UBMH on board here. 2014, that's 3 years ago, TM. 3 years. Yet, Micah, only 5 months in the radar, is already getting her own story. That is so not cool, TM."

"Ah..."

"3 years and I've been waiting for my story." Kike cut off my stuttering. "3 years, I've been waiting to be made a heroine. Waiting to be upgraded from supporting character to heroine. Waiting to be the bride and not die a bridesmaid. Waiting -- and every year, you buried me deeper in promises and procrastinations. While you made Toni a heroine. Made Lara a heroine. Even made that money-lover Richelle a heroine too! And now, it's just-sprung-up-5-months-ago Micah. Hell no, TM! I want my story. I demand you write my story. You created me, so give me a better life!"

"Right." I nodded, breathed... blinked. "I will write your story, I promise..."

"Enough with the promises, just do it!" Kike snapped. "You know how old I am now? 31, TM. 31, since you put me out there in 2014. Do you know the kind of pressure out there when a girl's 31 and no man?"

"I will write your story. This year. No more procrastinations, I swear." Swearing was better than promising, right?

"You do that." Kike gave a snooty sniff. "But back date it. No way am I going to be older than 30 on my wedding day. You found Valerie her man on the day she turned 30 and I want the same."

But you're already 31. As a matter of fact, it is 32 since the story was dated in 2013."

"It's fiction, TM. You can do whatever you want." Her eyes sparkled menacingly. "Back date it. 30. The big three-oh and a man of my own. And I want a wedding. You gave Elizabeth and Amarachi a wedding scene, I want one."

"Ah... that could be too repetitive. I did an after-wedding scene for Samantha..."

"I don't care about Samantha, or the others. I want a wedding." She pinned unflinching eyes on me. "You make my wedding happen, get it?"

"Ah... yes." But, dang, she was bossy! Was that how I created her -- all fiery and bossy?

"Good. Third quarter of this year at the latest, TM. No longer."

"No longer." I absently acquiesced. Where did the full-length mirror she was primping in front of come from?

"Great. Super. Me likey." She grinned at her image, fluffed her hair. "So, what's with this Micah?"

"Micah." I tried to clear my head. "Um, she's actually got a 9 year old son and just got engaged to the man she is dating. But Shadrach, her son's father, comes back and she starts..."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Kike cut me off. "Save the long details for those eager to read it. I don't care to be bored by another's heroine's love tale. I got mine to dream about." She critically eyed her image. "Yeah, I'm all set. Going over to Valerie's. She's got a baby now..."

"Valerie has a baby?" The information surprised me.

"Yes, she does. A boy. You would know if you'd bothered about my story." She made a clucking noise with her tongue. "Anyway, I'm off. It's going to be green-eyes moments with Val and Nathan billing and cooing at each other. But I love my girl and I love Nate Phillips, so no hard feelings." Her mouth pursed. "What will be hardship is having to put up with that Duncan."

"You don't like Duncan?" My eyebrows shot up.

"Please." Kike scoffed. "He thinks he's all that. He's a yellow skin for heaven's sake! All about himself like I'd ever be interested in a sun-lit man." She clucked her tongue and sashayed to the door. "Get me a real man, TM. Tall, dark... and I'm talking ebony real African dark skin... and hot." With a dramatic wink, she swept through the door.

"Aha!" A scene opened before me.

Then multiple scenes. Possibilities. The things I could do. Oh yes...

"TM?"

I snapped open my eyes.

My PC's cursor blinked twice. "Continue my story." Micah's voice ordered. "I'm not giving up my turn for her. And the other Antoinette is waiting her turn too. So..." She let the words hang on that meaningful note.

I gaped at my PC. Christ, these characters were too bossy!

Um, @ JeffreyJames, ah... what was I going to tell you?

*Thinks*

Oh well, don't matter. I've got work. Kike... No, Micah... ah... *getting back to work*
Chai... Chai
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Oyinprince(m): 12:39pm On Feb 11, 2017
I salute all the writers here o cool

Thanks for this, Divepen1
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Oyinprince(m): 12:40pm On Feb 11, 2017
Far away in Dreamland I was when I heard a familiar sound that transported me back to reality in less one minute. As usual, there was no electricity and the hotness of the room was of high degree, there was no thermometer to measure it, you would have been shocked by the temperature.

I wiped the sweat which had formed on my forehead with my bare palm as I searched for the source of the sound. I quickly located the phone by the light from the blinking screen. I sat up as I picked the phone and swiped towards the green icon, there was no time to check the unsaved caller's ID as I didn't have enough airtime to call back if the call ended.

"Hello, who is it?" I said into the phone but was replied with total silence. "Hello," I repeated twice without getting any reply. I paused the check the phone's screen again, the number was an unrecognized and unsaved one. The call ended before I could place the phone back to my ear.

I hissed as I rested back in the bed, wondering who could be calling me by 2am. A text message entered from the same number just at the time I was about to lock the phone. I clicked on view and it read ;

"Check your window and call this number when you see what I placed there."

Curiosity made me spring to my feet immediately, I turned to the window at the beside and opened the curtain. There I saw something like a small board placed in a slanted position on the floor and resting on the wall. It had a screen which displayed a timer, it showed 13mins 50 secs and was counting down. I didn't understand what it was, so I switched on my phone's flashlight to check and it revealed to me the greatest surprise I've ever gotten in my life. I had only seen it in movies and never thought it to be real, I was scared out of wits.

My phone vibrated, another text message had entered.

"Meet me at your gate now before it goes off," the new message read.

Without thinking, I proceeded out of my room and into the living room. I turned the key to the entrance door and stopped briefly to switch off my phone's flashlight as I stepped onto the balcony. I climbed down slowly and made for the gate, scared of what I was going to meet but more scared of what could happen if the bomb behind my window goes off. I had my family in the house and two nieces who had come visiting.

The gate opened by itself before I got there and I stepped out without any pause. Outside the gate was brighter due to the reflection from the gate lights of our opposite neighbor's house.

I saw the sender of the message, he was clothed with black coloured materials from head to toe, he had his back turned to me. I stopped on seeing him believing he would have noticed my presence.

"Where's Tarasha?" He asked in a thick and harsh tone.

"Ehn..." I stammered. It sounded more like a voice from my imagination.

"Where's Tarasha?" He asked again. This time his voice came with a warning that he had no time to waste.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I answered. Of course, I knew what he was talking about but I couldn't connect it to reality. Why should someone be asking me about a fictional character of mine, there was nothing stranger than that.

He raised something up and gave a brief devilish laugh. "You have two minutes more to talk before the bomb goes off," he warned.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said, almost teary. "Tarasha is only a character in my story."

"Yes, I know. You created her and you created me also, you know her whereabouts, tell me where she is now." He said as he turned and faced me.

The shadow slightly covered his face but he still looked like someone familiar, perhaps I had seen him somewhere before.

"Creator, do you recognize me now?"

"I don't know what you're talking about, I didn't create you ." I answered shakily.

"I'm Rex, you created me in your imagination. Now, tell me where Tarasha is and how I can get her easily, I'm tired of playing games with her." He barked as he took out a pistol and pointed it at me, as if the bomb alone was not enough scare.

I fidgeted as I saw the shining tip of the gun, hot urine began to escape down my legs slowly.

He cocked the gun.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 11, 2017
Hahaha.. prettyspicey, Very nice one. grin
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 14, 2017
NevetsIbot:

I was running deep into the wood. Each step taking me metres deeper as I ran hoping to finish my morning jog before the 6.am sun came out.

The moon was still out but It's beam was slowing getting swallowed up by the clouds.

Today makes it a year since I wrote my first story. Survival of the curse. I smilled to myself and ran even faster.

I stopped abruptly when the moonlight suddenly shinned bright casting pitch black shadows under everything!! I froze since I've never experienced this in my 18yrs of living. Goosebumps broke loose on my skin and chills ran down my spine.

The moonlight vanished along with the moon itself with a woooosh! Sound. I got tensed. What the fvck was happening?? Everywhere was dark and I could taste darkness.

Lightening bolts tore down from the sky shook the ground. I watched as trees and grasses around the torrents of electricity dry up.

RUN!!!!!!!! My head screamed!!... I turned on my heels and took off at 900km/hr. Infact, I was flying.

Thunder struck before me. I closed my eyes due to the bright light and watched as a male figure walked out of the volts.

"Stephen!!! Nevetsibot!'' The figure said.

"Who are you ooo? Sango or Ogun?'' I quaked in fear.

The figure laughed "So now my creator is scared of me. I'm awesome! Too bad Kashi doesnt agree to that''

"Uhn? Acheon?'' I asked. Unsure.

"yes. Its Acheon.''

"How?.... Like.... How come you're here?''

"Helloo, I can teleport''

"You are just a fictional character. You aren't real''

Acheon laughed ''We are. You see as you were writing we were formed''

"I must be dreaming. I'll wake up soon'' I said.

"No. You're awake'' Acheon stopped like he was listening to something. " There's trouble at Linceway. I want you to make me more powerful'' Acheon demanded.

"How.. I'm powerless'' I was sweating as I watched him conjure lightening. Acheon Dashed away and was before me with my laptop.

"Here, rewrite the story now.''

"But, it's too much stress joor''

Blue fire descended behind me revealing Hades!!

"Ah..... I'm in trouble'' I exclaimed.

"Big trouble!!! Very big one! Rewrite the whole story and make me the ruler of Olympus.'' Hades said.

Acheon hurled lightening at Hades and a fight started. I stared at the document file "Survival of the curse'' and wondered what would happen if I deleted it.

"Mehn. Ion care''... I pressed it anyway!
dis was the story that made me join NL.but u neva finished it.WHY .could u still finish it?
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by NevetsIbot(m): 9:50pm On Feb 14, 2017
Missperfect28:
dis was the story that made me join NL.but u neva finished it.WHY .could u still finish it?
i did complete it. Just deleted it.... I'll complete it again. No worries
Re: An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 14, 2017
NevetsIbot:
i did complete it. Just deleted it.... I'll complete it again. No worries
okay na.:-( bt m watin ooh smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The First Bloods / The White Mosquito Flash Fiction Challenge / I Think I'm Losing My Husband (Poem)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.