Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,735 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Chatbot - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Chatbot (2291 Views)

Can You Create An Ai Chatbot That Can Speak Nigerian Pidgin? / Feedback On AI Chatbot (send Money And Pay Bills By Chatting With Kudi) / I Built A Chatbot For Cinema Lovers, Please Check It Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chatbot by Ibbaba(m): 10:33pm On Feb 07, 2017
Hey fam.!
I am new here
I 'm a bachelors degree student in computer sciences, ,i can to a certain level code in (HTML,CSS,JAVASCRIPT and PHP) with a little moderate level of python.
My project supervisor insist I solve a problem on machine learning, so I have an idea in mind which is which is to develop a conversational customer service bots for telecom industry in my country, to assist users in getting information like data plan,voice migration plans,codes, Internet configuration details e.t.c
This is to simplify getting valid and clear information without doing more of research ,using search engines or Google app and face difficulties in finding right information.
The bot is gonna be a desktop app,with a serious documentation and presentation, because the grading system are going be interested in model, method, algorithm, api, libraries used. and the bot has to read and learn from users input and reply with a response, which has to be a correct information to users specific request and also should allow a bit of conversation features.
FOR the purpose of clarity I need help to make choices through experience developers in this platform.
PLEASE guide and advice me theoretically on how to achieve this and get an A GRADE.
THANK YOU inadvance.m

1 Like

Re: Chatbot by Ibbaba(m): 10:34pm On Feb 07, 2017
Hey fam. of great platform with great information.
I 'm a bachelors degree student in computer sciences, ,i can to a certain level code in (HTML,CSS,JAVASCRIPT and PHP) with a little moderate level of python.
My project supervisor insist I solve a problem on machine learning, so I have an idea in mind which is which is to develop a conversational customer service bots for telecom industry in my country, to assist users in getting information like data plan,voice migration plans,codes, Internet configuration details e.t.c
This is to simplify getting valid and clear information without doing more of research ,using search engines or Google app and face difficulties in finding right information.
The bot is gonna be a desktop app,with a serious documentation and presentation, because the grading system are going be interested in model, method, algorithm, api, libraries used. and the bot has to read and learn from users input and reply with a response, which has to be a correct information to users specific request and also should allow a bit of conversation features.
FOR the purpose of clarity I need help to make choices through experience developers in this platform.
PLEASE guide and advice me theoretically on how to achieve this and get an A GRADE.
THANK YOU inadvance.m
Re: Chatbot by Dekatron(m): 10:43pm On Feb 07, 2017
Ibbaba:
Hey fam.!
I am new here
THANK YOU inadvance.m

You have a few options:

Use AIML to write your Bot. You can build a desktop/android App dor your Bot. I am actually working on it.

Use Microsoft Bot Framework- Its quite fresh (c'mon it was fully started last year. It was announced during Microsoft Build 2016!) and therefore much tutorials might not exist for it. That means to build something reasonable for a project, Your Node js must be roaming and barking mad. lol grin grin

Use Facebook Bot Framework- You see those guys on Nairaland that are building chatbots for MTN and co? They use FB bot framework (cant remember the official name). Your Node js must be like the Microsoft bot framework level.

If you are really smart and have time and know Java well, use Google TensorFlow/ Deep Learning libraries/Algorithns/Libraries. nollyj, losprince, dhtml18,SeunLanlege, jidez007 and other bosses, a nigga needs your help here.
Re: Chatbot by Ibbaba(m): 11:16pm On Feb 07, 2017
Dekatron:

You have a few options:

Use AIML to write your Bot. You can build a desktop/android App dor your Bot. I am actually working on it.

Use Microsoft Bot Framework- Its quite fresh (c'mon it was fully started last year. It was announced during Microsoft Build 2016!) and therefore much tutorials might not exist for it. That means to build something reasonable for a project, Your Node js must be roaming and barking mad. lol grin grin

Use Facebook Bot Framework- You see those guys on Nairaland that are building chatbots for MTN and co? They use FB bot framework (cant remember the official name). Your Node js must be like the Microsoft bot framework level.

If you are really smart and have time and know Java well, use Google TensorFlow/ Deep Learning libraries/Algorithns/Libraries. nollyj, losprince, dhtml18,SeunLanlege, jidez007 and other bosses, a nigga needs your help here.

Yes I truly do, I think they used chatfuel, pandaroabot and other chatbot platrms.

am not really good in java,just started learning node js ,am not that smart and there is no much time on my side bro.

Well am a learner and i want help in my chatbot project. First of all the aim of my project is developing a customer service chatbot (interacts with the users,providing them with the needed information and solving their problems)

So, what i’m struggling now is how to make it intelligent or in other words make it learn and grow after each conversation. There are many and many ML algorithms that i couldn't decides which one is the best.
So, if any one here can help me either by providing examples, suggestion or a solution to this problem that will be very very helpful.
thank you,
Re: Chatbot by Ibbaba(m): 11:24pm On Feb 07, 2017
Thank you dekatron for your reply.

I am fairly new to all of this
Re: Chatbot by Ibbaba(m): 11:27pm On Feb 07, 2017
Thank you dekatron for your reply.

I am fairly new to all of this, but I just got done reading/researched on chatbots , I think it’s within the ballpark of what am trying to achieve,solving a problem using machine learning techniques,I just need help(how, what, ,why,best approach, techniques for a novice school project) and detail explanations from experienced hands.
Re: Chatbot by AntiWailer: 6:50am On Feb 08, 2017
Dekatron:

You have a few options:

Proud of you.

Insightful reply.

You wrote everything on my mind.
Re: Chatbot by kzubyar(m): 7:32pm On Feb 12, 2017
Eager for more responses!
Re: Chatbot by Ibbaba(m): 11:17am On May 19, 2017
help ?
Re: Chatbot by Ibbaba(m): 11:17am On May 19, 2017
any one with any experience with machine learning algorithm here
Re: Chatbot by Ibbaba(m): 11:18am On May 19, 2017
any one here who have developed bot from scratch?
Re: Chatbot by Dekatron(m): 1:56am On May 20, 2017
Ibbaba:
any one here who have developed bot from scratch?
Yes. I developed a facebook bot from scratch... Also worked/working on a Microsoft bot.
Re: Chatbot by Ibbaba(m): 7:23am On May 25, 2017
Dekatron:

Yes. I developed a facebook bot from scratch... Also worked/working on a Microsoft bot.

Cool ,may I have your number or email contact please
Re: Chatbot by Dekatron(m): 3:41pm On May 28, 2017
Ibbaba:

Re: Chatbot by wizkidblogger(f): 11:03am On Aug 21, 2017
check out this chatbot.
Re: Chatbot by Olyboy16(m): 1:06am On Aug 22, 2017
Ibbaba:

i guess you got your issues solved?

(1) (Reply)

Google Plus Api Developers Group / Apple Buys Hopstop.com From Nigerian Entrepreneur Chinedu Echeruo For $1 Billion / Programmer Needed For Full Time Work Must Be Using A Mac Or Linux For The Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.