Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,986 members, 7,799,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1974996 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by MummyJaygirls: 10:17pm On Oct 17, 2017
Ballerz:

You go hear weennnn....mama a won boys. Plenty ticket Don dey await you with ur Fast and Furious Skillz

Lol, guy u r not nice o
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by overcomer296: 3:31am On Oct 18, 2017
Good day everyone. I'm still new here. I'm P.A. our scores are fine but we are considering saving cost by not processing ECA for hubby. Pls for you guys who have already moved to Canada; when you apply for a job do they ever request for your ECA on your certificates? We just want to know sonit doesn't affectbus when we move. Pls help respond
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by overcomer296: 3:33am On Oct 18, 2017
Good day everyone. I'm still new here. I'm P.A. our scores are fine but we are considering saving cost by not processing ECA for hubby. Pls for you guys who have already moved to Canada;

1. when you apply for a job over there do they ever request for your ECA on your certificates? We just want to know so it doesn't affect us when we finally relocate
2. I have MSC and BSc. Is it necessary to do ECA on both? Will I need to show ECA on both degrees when we finally relocate?

Pls help clarify my elders.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Issyman(m): 6:18am On Oct 18, 2017
[/quote]
Asess your highest qualification (MSC) only
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Hephgirl: 8:00am On Oct 18, 2017
overcomer296:
Good day everyone. I'm still new here. I'm P.A. our scores are fine but we are considering saving cost by not processing ECA for hubby. Pls for you guys who have already moved to Canada;

1. when you apply for a job over there do they ever request for your ECA on your certificates? We just want to know so it doesn't affect us when we finally relocate
2. I have MSC and BSc. Is it necessary to do ECA on both? Will I need to show ECA on both degrees when we finally relocate?

2. No.. Just ur Msc
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by dupyshoo: 10:55am On Oct 18, 2017
I am just seeing this. Good you have sorted it out.
mukhtar4u:

Update on this for those of us upgrading or intend to upgrade for licensing purposes.

After submitting my application on 8th October, it was still showing the documents I need to send but I decided to be patient. On 10th October, it was updated to 'all documents received' and then on 11th October, it has changed to 'all documents reviewed and accepted', completion scheduled for 19th October now.

So I guess our ECA was ICAP all along because they didn't even do any verification from my schools again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by dupyshoo: 11:00am On Oct 18, 2017
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by alt3r3g0: 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
overcomer296:

I will advise he does the ECA. It does not expire. If he is in a regulated profession and needs to get licensed, it will be required. Its a lot easier doing it from within Nigeria where you may need to physically go to the school to gets things moving.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Fusion23: 2:05pm On Oct 18, 2017
dupyshoo:
My family PR cards were wrapped with a tiny paper inside one envelope and posted via Canada post to UK. We received the cards after about 1-2 weeks.

Thanks Dupyshoo, i remembered how super helpful you were.

Guess u not moving here anytime soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by area74: 2:54pm On Oct 18, 2017
Greetings to my nairaland brothers and sisters who already have the first hand information unlike we dreamers who are still in Nigeria.

@Maternal, Salford, other seniors.

Please what is the prospect of an accountant and accounting profession in Canada for immigrant even after converting to CPA Canada.

Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2017
czaratwork:
What was his profession back home? I am still in the process of conversion and was a banker back home.
He was an accountant. Getting an accounting job is possible even when you don't have the experience. You can start in a lower position and work your way up.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 18, 2017
area74:
Greetings to my nairaland brothers and sisters who already have the first hand information unlike we dreamers who are still in Nigeria.

@Maternal, Salford, other seniors.

Please what is the prospect of an accountant and accounting profession in Canada for immigrant even after converting to CPA Canada.
Google indeed for jobs and job babk for the job outlook.

Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by adesbaba: 6:44pm On Oct 18, 2017
Am a grad of acct,presently av few mnths of work experience as a contract staff in a bank ,but I plan going for PGD in canada nxt year cos I hav 2:2 n I learnt its more of 2:1 fr msc ova there...after pgd,I hope to stay back,work n later do MBA/MSCFinance there.... pls from experienced elders,..

Do PGD holders really get job there...

Will my few months as a banker ..teller..counts over there

Dunno aw true but av heard rumours that its usually rare seeing migrants reach career pinacle or hold key positions in companies in canada..how true

thanks family
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by olumix365: 7:54pm On Oct 18, 2017
Good day house,just wnt to know how long before medicals after AOR Manitoba CIC
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 18, 2017
adesbaba:
Am a grad of acct,presently av few mnths of work experience as a contract staff in a bank ,but I plan going for PGD in canada nxt year cos I hav 2:2 n I learnt its more of 2:1 fr msc ova there...after pgd,I hope to stay back,work n later do MBA/MSCFinance there.... pls from experienced elders,..

Do PGD holders really get job there...

Will my few months as a banker ..teller..counts over there

Dunno aw true but av heard rumours that its usually rare seeing migrants reach career pinacle or hold key positions in companies in canada..how true

thanks family

Rumours you say, let them remain rumours. Who cares if you're a migrant anyway, besides what percentage of Canada's population are indigenous Canadians? If you work hard and aim for the top there's a chance you'll get there.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 18, 2017
Any Nairalander heading to Ontario (Waterloo/ Kitchener area) in December?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Graceforever: 1:01am On Oct 19, 2017
[quote author=Ballerz post=61483847]Hi guys,
My connect says the FRSC letters are ready. I cannot remember you guys o.
Please holla me if I assisted you for the FRSC letter.
No vex.

Hello Ballerz, I will appreciate if you can assist me with this process. Thanks.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by XX01(f): 4:34am On Oct 19, 2017
This online fair was a bust for me. I tried everything to log in to the webinars but I think it's barred outside Canada because it kept telling me that this part is not available to me at this time.

Was anyone able to log in and watch successfully? The online fair continues today.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 19, 2017
Thanks dupyshoo.

Please, what can you advice: Since I am yet to get the PR, in the contact address of APEGA MIT form, should I use my current address or an address in Canada? Though, currently, I filled in a friend's address (he lives in Edmonton) while I put my current phone number that indicates I'm outside Canada.

dupyshoo:
I am just seeing this. Good you have sorted it out.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 19, 2017
Please I need clarification. Must I land or live in the province or city filled in while applying for PPR when i get to Canada? Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 19, 2017
Please I need some clarification, must I land or live in the province or city I filled in while applying for PPR when I arrive to canada
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Yooku: 11:57am On Oct 19, 2017
Esughusughu:
Any Nairalander heading to Ontario (Waterloo/ Kitchener area) in December?
If my COPR+Passport is set by then, yes will be in the very same area smiley wink
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by dupyshoo: 12:52pm On Oct 19, 2017
The address you use does not really matter. I used an address outside Canada and my EIT card was posted to my address.

mukhtar4u:
Thanks dupyshoo.

Please, what can you advice: Since I am yet to get the PR, in the contact address of APEGA MIT form, should I use my current address or an address in Canada? Though, currently, I filled in a friend's address (he lives in Edmonton) while I put my current phone number that indicates I'm outside Canada.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by dupyshoo: 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2017
Not soon, maybe later
Fusion23:

Thanks Dupyshoo, i remembered how super helpful you were.

Guess u not moving here anytime soon
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Blackbuddy: 2:15pm On Oct 19, 2017
nnekdre:
Please I need some clarification, must I land or live in the province or city I filled in while applying for PPR when I arrive to canada

Hi, it depends. You can land anywhere in Canada and activate your PR but to settle/live, your entry programme matters. If you got PR by Federal ITA, then you can settle anywhere (except Quebec which has their own programmes). If you came in by provincial nomination, then as the name suggests, you are meant to settle in the province that nominated you (atleast until you become a citizen and can relocate). We have had some sad cases of people being denied PR renewal or citizenship and being removed because they relocated away from the province that nominated them to come to Canada. Many people are being misled by people already here who cut corners and use all sorts of tactics to get around the system but as with all things with records, there's always a day of reckoning.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2017
dupyshoo:
The address you use does not really matter. I used an address outside Canada and my EIT card was posted to my address.

This is a relief to me. I will just stick to my current address jare instead of using Canada address.

Thanks so much.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Ballerz: 4:07pm On Oct 19, 2017
Guess who just got the word "Congratulations! You have met the Ministry's minimum requirements"
I just passed my G test.
Yippppe
All in all, From Nigeria Licence to G license in 4 weeks cost 500 Dollars.
So put that in the budget.
I dey go celebrate.
Na Baba God do am o

52 Likes 8 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.