Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1979231 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by TEECANN: 1:13pm On Dec 09, 2017
threadstone:
*walks in*

Errr Goo Moreen Ladies an Gentumen.

Finally Reporting to duty from the other side wink wink smiley..

Presently page 151, Strolling back to page 0, this should be an interesting read cool cool

I shall be back afterwards cheesy cheesy

Salut!

Congratulations once again on your recently earned PPR/COPR

It's definitely ending in praise!

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Macjazzy: 1:53pm On Dec 09, 2017
Thank you,i am a girl though. look forward to seeing you around, all the best with exams!
maziude:

Sorry boss.
We are tied down with exams as such I might not be giving you the response you require.

I would suggest you post your questions here, so others can help out or learn from the answers.

If you already have your TRV, then you must have been admitted. Just get yourself here and face the dance.

One quick note: The book and research no be beans...Ready yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by maternal: 1:55pm On Dec 09, 2017
vcole:

Thanks. Any pointers as to the common "incorrect things" that may cause a rejection? Will plan to spend 2-3 days though as I'll be coming from Calgary.

Just make sure all your documents are correct. Including the size of the passport photo.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Mire222: 4:11pm On Dec 09, 2017
kachikapor:

Hi Mire222.

Are you planning on renting fromAirbnb? i mean for long term...cos i thot they mostly do short term...

Short term,pending when we get a place for rent
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by salford1: 5:13pm On Dec 09, 2017
DatechMan:
Chaii.

So yesterday I went to the Fido office at Sheridan Center to get a voucher for the Prepaid SIM I bought earlier.
Base plan = $15.75
Data Addon = $20
Sim Card = $10
Tax = $5 or thereabout.

After I called IRCC for 16 minutes, I was cut-off. Credit exhausted. I don't think I can even receive calls.
Strange enough, it seems you need credit to even receive calls. grin. Note that IRCC number is supposed to be toll free

This Canada hustle no be joke o
During peak period, minutes on calls received would be deducted from your call minutes allowance. Atleast for virgin mobile. Freedom, chatr e.t.c are cheaper networks, but If you decide to go with freedom and the likes, make sure they have full coverage in towns/cities you would work or visit else you return to square one (roaming charges).

Toll free I believe means that you won't be charged extra for calling that number, but your minutes allowance would still be deducted. There are some 08 numbers that when called would show up as international call charges on your bill.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by damidamsel: 5:51pm On Dec 09, 2017
Please i need help.....i have been trying to send an email to info@frsc.gov.ng and helpdesk@frsc.gov.ng but it keeps bouncing back. Tried from different email addresses. Please any suggestion?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by CaramelleB: 7:39pm On Dec 09, 2017
Hi all!
Great thread!
Thanks for all the info from everyone.
1)Please does anyone know about the Ontario licensing process for IMG doctors who have completed a residency program in Family Medicine in Nigeria?
2) what options does an IMG with a masters in public health from London have in Ontario

Looking forward to all helpful responses.
Thank u
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by chinchum(m): 8:26pm On Dec 09, 2017
vcole:

Thanks. Any pointers as to the common "incorrect things" that may cause a rejection? Will plan to spend 2-3 days though as I'll be coming from Calgary.
i think my wife received a whatsapp group message that the nigerian high commission will be in calgary this december for passport renewal. i will ask her in a bit and get back to you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by chinchum(m): 8:36pm On Dec 09, 2017
Screenshot of message received

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by chinchum(m): 8:37pm On Dec 09, 2017
I am not sure, i have not messed up the arrangements of the message, pls treat it like a jigsaw puzzle.....

2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Blessedluvdfavd: 8:50pm On Dec 09, 2017
[quote author=DatechMan post=63116376]Chaii.

I used Virgin mobile for my naija phone in calgary on a monthly no contract plan for $30 per month free canada wide calls and texts but no data, got it at walmart from one of the tech guys, maybe check if that is still available. All the best!

2 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Blackbuddy: 1:40am On Dec 10, 2017
TEECANN:

Hello, it actually went (saw it in "sent" folder)

However, I have copied the mail and resent it to you afresh, outside of the initial mail trail.

God bless.

I've replied chief smiley
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by vcole: 2:48am On Dec 10, 2017
maternal:

Just make sure all your documents are correct. Including the size of the passport photo.
Thanks.
chinchum:
i think my wife received a whatsapp group message that the nigerian high commission will be in calgary this december for passport renewal. i will ask her in a bit and get back to you
That would be awesome if it happens
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by vcole: 2:53am On Dec 10, 2017
chinchum:
I am not sure, i have not messed up the arrangements of the message, pls treat it like a jigsaw puzzle.....
Thanks. Appears I literally missed the window by 2 days. Found the post on this link https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1469016986469159&id=227298140641056 . However I'll call them on Monday and see how that goes.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by 40manlappy: 8:31am On Dec 10, 2017
COPIED

New immigrants looking for rentals please beware of these scams and frauds and never ever pay upfront to anonymous people over the net and without actually viewing the property you wish to rent. Better safe than sorry........

http://m.huffingtonpost.ca/nicholas-mizera/someone-listed-our-new-home-for-rent-then-the-tenants-showed-up_a_23300650/?ncid=fcbklnkcahpmg00000001
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Smile4mee01: 8:50am On Dec 10, 2017
Hello everyone.

I am hoping to re locate to canada early 2018. Either as a student or PR. I am currently a banker in nigeria, 33 yrs , single , male, reasonably comfortable. I am not in a serious relationship but would love to be in one and hopefully get married soon. I am wondering if my decision to relocate would affect my prospects of being married soon. There is a female colleague of mine I have been thinking of, but don't want to commit to it then travel away. So i don't break anybody heart.

Please let me know your thought.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by mia007: 8:53am On Dec 10, 2017
Gud mrng house,

I got my PPR since October but I am yet to travel. Looking at d inevitable expenses that awaits me, and the uncertainty as regards securing a well paid job gives me sleepless night, and I believe sharing my story could ease the pressure i'm experiencing at the moment.

I have 4yrs experience as an underwriter (life department) in an insurance company. I will appreciate if I can get a warm advise from u guys. Working in my field is not a big deal as I am open to a switch in career.

Thank you for taking ur tym to read my post.

God bless us all.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by temitope06(m): 9:27am On Dec 10, 2017
Smile4mee01:
Hello everyone.

I am hoping to re locate to canada early 2018. Either as a student or PR. I am currently a banker in nigeria, 33 yrs , single , male, reasonably comfortable. I am not in a serious relationship but would love to be in one and hopefully get married soon. I am wondering if my decision to relocate would affect my prospects of being married soon. There is a female colleague of mine I have been thinking of, but don't want to commit to it then travel away. So i don't break anybody heart.

Don't think this is the thread for love matters bro but if you're leaving early next year, do u av ur ppr or admission already? You're not even in any relationship yet. There's too much cold in Canada for that long distance relationship to work, just go there and do all ur loving there. If u had something serious already, would av been a diff story.

14 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by XX01(f): 9:30am On Dec 10, 2017
Smile4mee01:
Hello everyone.

You can both relocate together.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by temitope06(m): 9:33am On Dec 10, 2017
mia007:
Gud mrng house,

I got my PPR since October but I am yet to travel. Looking at d inevitable expenses that awaits me, and the uncertainty as regards securing a well paid job gives me sleepless night, and I believe sharing my story could ease the pressure i'm experiencing at the moment.

I have 4yrs experience as an underwriter (life department) in an insurance company. I will appreciate if I can get a warm advise from u guys. Working in my field is not a big deal as I am open to a switch in career.

God bless us all.

Everyone relocating has these problems and fears bro, i don't sleep well too cos i worry all the time abt moving. Sometimes i even wanna return the visa and stay put but it's a normal fear of the unknown and not wanting to leave where you're already comfortable. It all lies within you, no one can decide or plan any move for you but i know that if u work hard and work smart, you will be successful anywhere in this world, maybe except naija sha cos here na another level.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Infamous(m): 10:31am On Dec 10, 2017
XX01:

You can both relocate together.
He hasn't made any commitments to the girl. Be like you be the girl

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by XX01(f): 11:17am On Dec 10, 2017
Infamous:

He hasn't made any commitments to the girl. Be like you be the girl

Is that meant to be funny? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by follyzee: 11:38am On Dec 10, 2017
That's the funny thing about PPR, u pray fervently for it
U get it, u jump n almost go crazy with hapiness, everyone congratulates some even envies u.

After d party, reality will now present itself especially via ticket cost, cost of living n possibility of getting a great job. Then one way of the other, n u see ur self getting touch n unnecessarily angry. This phase is called d cold feet stage

So all u need do is stay focus, draw a plan, pray n tell urself if God did not want this 4 u he won't give u d PPR in 1st place.

All d best in our Journey. Let's take the Big step to Greatness.....

mia007:
Gud mrng house,

God bless us all.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by foreverkind1(m): 11:39am On Dec 10, 2017
temitope06:

Don't think this is the thread for love matters bro but if you're leaving early next year, do u av ur ppr or admission already? You're not even in any relationship yet. There's too much cold in Canada for that long distance relationship to work, just go there and do all ur loving there. If u had something serious already, would av been a diff story.
Lol, too much cold in Canada, I understand that part grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by bbaby84(f): 12:43pm On Dec 10, 2017
follyzee:
That's the funny thing about PPR, u pray fervently for it
U get it, u jump n almost go crazy with hapiness, everyone congratulates some even envies u.

After d party, reality will now present itself especially via ticket cost, cost of living n possibility of getting a great job. Then one way of the other, n u see ur self getting touch n unnecessarily angry. This phase is called d cold feet stage

So all u need do is stay focus, draw a plan, pray n tell urself if God did not want this 4 u he won't give u d PPR in 1st place.

All d best in our Journey. Let's take the Big step to Greatness.....

You hit the nail on the head. For me, I'm now doing ECA (icap) to be admitted to college of education so that I can get a job wothout having to do any course. I think at some point we all have sleepless nights on top of this relocation matter. God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by bbaby84(f): 12:48pm On Dec 10, 2017
henryhemon:

I was on Quora and have read countless people who went CA and it is about having Canadian experience,I may be wrong.

Yes you maybe.... It's the way you said it as a matter of fact. Yes we've all read how employers want Canadian experience and all but we've also seen and heard about a few who got jobs while still in Nigeria.
So maybe next time rephrase to accommodate the few who defied the CA experience ish.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Infamous(m): 2:42pm On Dec 10, 2017
XX01:

Is that meant to be funny? undecided
I don't know. Is it?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by gracelevel: 3:17pm On Dec 10, 2017
Smile4mee01:
Hello everyone.

I am hoping to re locate to canada early 2018. Either as a student or PR. I am currently a banker in nigeria, 33 yrs , single , male, reasonably comfortable.I [b]am not in a serious relationship ][/b]but would love to be in one and hopefully get married soon. I am wondering if my decision to relocate would affect my prospects of being married soon. There is a female colleague of mine I have been thinking of, but don't want to commit to it then travel away. So i don't break anybody heart.

my opinion..hide your relocation plans from her for now she needs to know you are absolutely ready to be serious .You can start tuning her antenna towards canada when you guys become stable or just bone everytin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by gracelevel: 3:23pm On Dec 10, 2017
temitope06:

loool at too much cold grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by maternal: 3:27pm On Dec 10, 2017
Smile4mee01:
Hello everyone.

Plenty woman dey for Canada. In fact you'll forget about that colleague once you land. Focus on relocating here first, then worry about your love life. It's easier to get a woman than Canadian papers. In 2017 a responsible man shouldn't have woman problems. Plus having papers, your level don change. Finer babes in naija will want you sef.

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by shadetwins: 3:54pm On Dec 10, 2017
Good day ALL,
Happy sunday, I have a quick question; considering the 3 month wait for health care, which province can a PREGNANT woman land and not have to wait for 3 months before securing a health care? pls this is urgent. all responses will be appreciated
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by CanadianEnginee(m): 4:17pm On Dec 10, 2017
maternal:

Plenty woman dey for Canada. In fact you'll forget about that colleague once you land. Focus on relocating here first, then worry about your love life. It's easier to get a woman than Canadian papers. In 2017 a responsible man shouldn't have woman problems. Plus having papers, your level don change. Finer babes in naija will want you sef.

Me sef dey this kind of wahala. Like maternal adviced, your future over woman matter. If you let a naija girl know that you want to relocate to Canada, her love for you will skyrocket from 7% to 99%. ��

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.