Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,252 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (1976143 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by einsteino(m): 7:30am On Mar 23, 2018
vcole:
lol. Tax is the price you pay for a well funded government and functional services.

lol yeah but paid by only those who are productive and largely for the benefit of those who arent... no mind me

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by einsteino(m): 7:31am On Mar 23, 2018
vcole:
lol. Tax is the price you pay for a well funded government and functional services.

lol yeah but paid by only those who are productive and more to the benefit of those who arent... no mind me, i agree with u
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Underwoodd: 10:35am On Mar 23, 2018
A555:

Had to go in for an interview because my previous US visa was a student visa, so I couldn't use dropbox. Visa was approved, and for the DS-160 form, I answered no to the question on PR of another country.

Technically, you're not a PR until you arrive in Canada, so your answer should be no.

The only thing I would suggest is that you make sure you apply early enough, so you get your passport back in good time not to affect your May landing plans. I had to reschedule my flights to Canada because my passport came back a day after my original travel plans. And i wasn't happy spending hard earned money to change flight plans when I would have had no qualms getting the visa on this end.

Thank you...

Did the Canada immigrant visa come up during your interview?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by EnoIbd: 10:35am On Mar 23, 2018
40manlappy:
Anyone that needs the DL authentication letter urgently from FRSC can send me a PM so that I can share a contact that I got recently. I don't think it would be appropriate to post his phone number and email address here.

Based on available information, you may just be required to arrange for courier service if you don't have someone to pick it up for you in Abuja.

IMO, that is still cheaper than paying $50 to obtain it in Ottawa, especially if you are still in Nigeria.

Hi there,

Please I am interested in this. I tried sending you a private message but got something saying we are not connected and as such you have to email me first. Pardon me I am new on this platform �

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Afoseun: 10:54am On Mar 23, 2018
omambala:

good day, I sent you a PM. I am interested please.

Please i am interested..... help me with the contact...
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by A555: 2:32pm On Mar 23, 2018
Underwoodd:

Thank you...

Did the Canada immigrant visa come up during your interview?

Yes it came up when I was asked the purpose of my trip. Said I would be visiting a few friends, but that i was also moving to Canada as a Permanent Resident, so I would be delaying the trips till later in the year.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by eddycross(m): 5:59pm On Mar 23, 2018
Look, Underwoodd, don't fret.

My wife and I got our COPRs in November 2017. Her US visa expired same month. In December, she applied for a renewal through dropbox. It was treated as normal (as should be), and the passport + visa received 4 working days after.

Our COPRs expire May 2018. So, no issues.

Underwoodd:

Hello A555,

I am about to apply for US visa via dropbox but I am kinda worried that the Canada immigrant visa might affect the application.

Pls did you apply via dropbox or did you go for an interview?
Was your visa application approved?
On the DS-160 form, how did you answer the question of if you are a PR of another country?

My immigrant visa expires in June, I will be landing in May.

Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 23, 2018
I'm now a bona fide member of this thread. smiley I received my Visa and COPR today. To God be the Glory.

69 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Blackbuddy: 6:13pm On Mar 23, 2018
GlitteringStar:
I'm now a bona fide member of this thread. smiley I received my Visa/COPR today. To God be the Glory.

Congrats once again! Looking forward to your landing story and successful integration here smiley

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by MacShiff: 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2018
GlitteringStar:
I'm now a bona fide member of this thread. smiley I received my Visa/COPR today. To God be the Glory.

Congrats GS.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by einsteino(m): 6:41pm On Mar 23, 2018
GlitteringStar:
I'm now a bona fide member of this thread. smiley I received my Visa and COPR today. To God be the Glory.

Congrats

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by kay2011(m): 6:43pm On Mar 23, 2018
40manlappy:
Anyone that needs the DL authentication letter urgently from FRSC can send me a PM so that I can share a contact that I got recently. I don't think it would be appropriate to post his phone number and email address here.

Based on available information, you may just be required to arrange for courier service if you don't have someone to pick it up for you in Abuja.

IMO, that is still cheaper than paying $50 to obtain it in Ottawa, especially if you are still in Nigeria.

Bro, I need your help on this one. I actually got my DL authentication letter before leaving Naija but I couldn't find it now that i needed it.. I have a scanned copy in my inbox though.

I need to get another one. I can arrange for courier service from Abuja to Canada.

kindly revert soonest.

Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 23, 2018
Blackbuddy:

Congrats once again! Looking forward to your landing story and successful integration here smiley

Thanks boss! smiley
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 23, 2018
Thanks! @MacShiff and @Einsteino kiss kiss
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Underwoodd: 7:25pm On Mar 23, 2018
A555:

Yes it came up when I was asked the purpose of my trip. Said I would be visiting a few friends, but that i was also moving to Canada as a Permanent Resident, so I would be delaying the trips till later in the year.

Thank you..
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Underwoodd: 7:28pm On Mar 23, 2018
eddycross:
Look, Underwoodd, don't fret.

My wife and I got our COPRs in November 2017. Her US visa expired same month. In December, she applied for a renewal through dropbox. It was treated as normal (as should be), and the passport + visa received 4 working days after.

Our COPRs expire May 2018. So, no issues.

Nice!! Thank you...
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 23, 2018
justwise:

Then forget about Canada and possibly US for the next 5yrs.
why justwise because I want to go the same way too plz enlight me
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by platinumventure: 8:20pm On Mar 23, 2018
honey86:
Congrats Nadina.

Dear madam Kindly contact us via email directly... Dunno was wrong wit my nairaland pmz
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by MummyJaygirls: 8:32pm On Mar 23, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Congrats

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 23, 2018
MummyJaygirls:

Congrats

Thanks sis! kiss
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by kemmytino(f): 10:27pm On Mar 23, 2018
Iyamefa:

TCET no longer offers tax filing services.
Thank you

The one close to city centre Mississauga still does
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by rainazoe: 10:51pm On Mar 23, 2018
Congratulations!!!!

GlitteringStar:

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Iyamefa: 11:15pm On Mar 23, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Congratulations ����

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Iyamefa: 11:16pm On Mar 23, 2018
kemmytino:

The one close to city centre Mississauga still does

Oh really? The one at malton - airport road told me they no longer do it.
Thanks a lot for this info
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Iyamefa: 11:18pm On Mar 23, 2018
In other news, you guys don’t know how happy I am that spring is upon us. Byeee winter grin

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 23, 2018
Thanks! @Rainazoe and @Iyamefa
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by daremum(m): 3:06am On Mar 24, 2018
Hi All,

Landed in Calgary Feb 4th.
PR card status changed to Approved on 20th March 2018.
PR Received 22nd March 2018.

@GlitteringStar Congrats.

11 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 3:12am On Mar 24, 2018
GlitteringStar:
congrats, please can you link me up or direct me how I process from A to Z , I want to apply for canada but don't known where to start.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Nobody: 3:20am On Mar 24, 2018
omio4real:
congrats, please can you link me up or direct me how I process from A to Z , I want to apply for canada but don't known where to start.

Start from page 0 of the Express Entry thread---https://www.nairaland.com/4212543/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by MrsC143: 4:01am On Mar 24, 2018
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by Issyman(m): 6:39am On Mar 24, 2018
To all ICAN members worried about ICAN/CPA conversion. see the highlighted below.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant by hayor2014(m): 2:50pm On Mar 24, 2018
Issyman:
To all ICAN members worried about ICAN/CPA conversion. see the highlighted below.

ICAN has been on this CPA collaboration for the past 18months, they need to give date and time specifics on this collaboration of theirs,I sincerely hope they sort this agreement before this year runs out...I can't imagine writing any exam when I get to Canada...

bros u go write exam oooo....or u start ACCA from here sharply, except u no want annual pay of 70k and above

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (505)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.