Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Many Problems Of Gtbank-nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Many Problems Of Gtbank-nigeria (6720 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / Updated: Sortcodes And Address Of Gtbank / Mr. Segun Agbaje, CEO Of Gtbank At The Launch Of GT Easysavers Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Problems Of Gtbank-nigeria by item: 8:13pm On Dec 04, 2009
Hello friends,

The purpose of this is to help find out if GTBank Nigeria can do something about their system, server and method of operation.

Before now, this bank used to be the best, but recently, they have failed us.

I applied, for an ATM card on one of the accounts I have there, this is over 3months the ATM card is not ready. We were made to understand that when you fund your master card, in less than 24hrs it will be ready; mine sometimes takes more thank 28hrs.

I funded my master card since morning, before 9am to be precise and this is 8pm it is not ready.

I have called their Card Services phone line and nobody is telling me anything and their GT Connect is not even ready to proffer solutions and not to talk of returning calls.

I was very surprise when a guy from First Bank customer’s care called me back as I ran out of call credit.

Please let us tell them to do something about this.

If you have any experience with them, please post it here.

Cheers!
Re: Many Problems Of Gtbank-nigeria by tunapa4dem: 10:41pm On Dec 04, 2009
@item, i hope the management of gtb will find solution to there problem, to withdrawa from your account you will spent about 3 hour on a line.
Re: Many Problems Of Gtbank-nigeria by laplace(m): 7:09pm On Dec 05, 2009
I once decided to transfer all my accounts with GT Bank to another bank, because of irregularities and their ability to respect customers. Like you pointed, GT Bank used to be the foremost Nigerian bank, especially in terms of excellent customer service and trust. However, those days are long gone. Money gets withdrawn from customers' accounts (not on the ATM) and they keep turning people around. They don't repsect or respond to customer's complaints as before.
My friend's GT Bank account was wiped clean recently! After complaining to the branch where her account is domiciled, she was asked to write to the HO in VI. After expending much time and energy, she got fed up and allowed the case to get laid.
I think one of the problems is that there are too many CS now. A lot of the employees are contract staff, and rarely possess ownership for the bank. Many of their hires are rogues and might have been planted to perpetrate evil.
Now, I check my account as many times as possible and insist on cheques and cash transactions. No more ATMs for now, until their 'chip and pin' cards are certified secure. One should stop losing hard earned money to fraudsters.
Re: Many Problems Of Gtbank-nigeria by Emotivator(m): 2:46am On Dec 07, 2009
item:

I funded my master card since morning, before 9am to be precise and this is 8pm it is not ready.

I have called their Card Services phone line and nobody is telling me anything and their GT Connect is not even ready to proffer solutions and not to talk of returning calls.

Ya that is true, they really need to work on their system, i equally funded my master card on thursday and till date have not got the value

nice observation
Re: Many Problems Of Gtbank-nigeria by kason(m): 12:48pm On Dec 07, 2009
the line na helele o.

i think they should do something about it.
Re: Many Problems Of Gtbank-nigeria by Phiry(m): 9:33am On Dec 08, 2009
I have not been having problem with funding mastercard - I do it
through online banking and it enters almost immediately.

However, I think that their customer care/card services call should
have a flat call rate per call because you have to load so much card
to call them because they may have to hold you when checking you
details and other things - that could take an unpredictable amount
of time.

But for customer care to be calling customers back if credit finishes
might not be profitable because they will have to do that a lot per
day,  And that will cost a lot.

Network/server issues that shut transactions for a whole day at times
should also be checked and ended.

GTB have some work to do but it is still a very good bank,  Even as I
am replying to this post right from my office, I am hearing a lot of good
things about this bank and a number of people are deciding right now
at this moment to move their accounts there because of worse
experiences at other banks.

I just think they need to keep their good reputation intact by working
on various problems.

1 Like

Re: Many Problems Of Gtbank-nigeria by iyke1: 2:41pm On Sep 26, 2014
item: Hello friends,
The purpose of this is to help find out if GTBank Nigeria can do something about their system, server and method of operation.
Before now, this bank used to be the best, but recently, they have failed us.
I applied, for an ATM card on one of the accounts I have there, this is over 3months the ATM card is not ready. We were made to understand that when you fund your master card, in less than 24hrs it will be ready; mine sometimes takes more thank 28hrs.
I was very surprise when a guy from First Bank customer’s care called me back as I ran out of call credit.
Please let us tell them to do something about this.
If you have any experience with them, please post it here.
Cheers!

GTB has been my favourite bank with excellent customer service, however i stumbled on this post http:///1txftHc about some funds transfer issues and felt a bit disappointed.

In the past i have resolved issues with my account with just a phone call. i hope they keep up with good customer service.
Re: Many Problems Of Gtbank-nigeria by olaeffect(m): 5:16pm On Sep 26, 2014
when a Bank has less than 50 branches and a low customer based they can easily pass for an efficient bank.

Gtb's problem started when they opened more branches and wanted to open account for every citizen of Nigeria. You can't have quantity and quality at the same time. When you have the customer base of FBN/UBN/UBA you should expect the trouble they face.

GTB you are welcome to the world of big banks. GTB did not change, the usual quality service is simply not just enough to go round.
Re: Many Problems Of Gtbank-nigeria by iyke1: 5:15pm On Sep 30, 2014
Talking about banks and customer service, read this post http:///Zof1A3 about a customer's experience over the weekend while trying to use an ATM machine that had on display 'please insert your card or press "ACCEPT" button to perform a cardless transaction'. Though this is not GTB bank.
Re: Many Problems Of Gtbank-nigeria by jeanny: 11:35am On Oct 02, 2014
Finally! Ears that listen to GTB ' S customer complaints as their Customer service site is ineffective. CBN needs to step in. I bank with the Festac branch and it has been one traumatic experience or the other. ATM cards take you forever to pick up- and they do not transfer cards w/in lagos. Opened the account in festac, requested for ATM at Gbagada wher I was living only to be rudely informed i had to pick up my ATM at IDUMOTA !! Who does that? ??
Next you give mails & HAND written instructions as a customer on Fixed deposit investment at an era when peer banks are scrambling for deposits. They just ignore. Can you imagine having to call the branch where your account is domiciled=="please! Debit my account and increase my fixed deposit, I have sent you several handwritten instruction on this plus reminders and yet I have not been debited"!!!! These people are obviously overwhelmed or have totally lost it.
I have been in the US for a while now, every POS txn done with my GTB Mastercard I get debited 2x...I simply dumped the card and use my other bank cards.
In conclusion they should encourage feedback from customers because EVERY single GTB customer has a tale or 2 to tell.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Contacts For Money Lenders In Abuja / 300 Million Naira Mistakely Paid Into One's Account / FOREX: CBN Warns Dealers Against Inaccurate, Misleading Transactions’ Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.