Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,766 members, 7,802,342 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Petrol Vs. Diesel: What Engine To Go For? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Petrol Vs. Diesel: What Engine To Go For? (10123 Views)

My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. / Petrol Vs Diesel – Which Is The More Efficient And Recommended Engine? / Petrol Vs Diesel – Which Is The More Efficient And Recommended Engine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Vs. Diesel: What Engine To Go For? by metallisc(m): 1:53pm On Feb 09, 2017
nurey:

Brother nah to do as our mentors dey do shocked (pad anything padable) so the result can be like it has always been wink (looting) thats what will keep this joy on road tongue

Re: Petrol Vs. Diesel: What Engine To Go For? by nurey(m): 2:09pm On Feb 09, 2017
[quote author=metallisc post=53557922][/quote]

dont worry, you have been duly captured in the budget padding cheesy, so reduce the noise grin
Re: Petrol Vs. Diesel: What Engine To Go For? by metallisc(m): 2:10pm On Feb 09, 2017
nurey:

dont worry, you have been duly captured in the budget padding cheesy, so reduce the noise grin

Re: Petrol Vs. Diesel: What Engine To Go For? by 9icetoo(m): 8:25pm On Feb 09, 2017
shyling:

Given the quality of diesel fuel in Nigeria.... Goodluck... You'll need it.
buy from reputable filling stations and you won't have any probls. change filters when due and you won't have any problems. my Skoda uses the almost same type of injectors as the Audi mentioned above and I'm still rocking it Nigerian diesel and all.
Re: Petrol Vs. Diesel: What Engine To Go For? by shyling(f): 7:48pm On Feb 11, 2017
9icetoo:

buy from reputable filling stations and you won't have any probls. change filters when due and you won't have any problems. my Skoda uses the almost same type of injectors as the Audi mentioned above and I'm still rocking it Nigerian diesel and all.
Please do tell me more about this your experience....
Re: Petrol Vs. Diesel: What Engine To Go For? by 9icetoo(m): 9:36pm On Feb 11, 2017
shyling:

Please do tell me more about this your experience....
bought a used Skoda Octavia with a 1.9 litre TDI engine. this diesel engine is found in many Volkswagen group cars such as golf, Passat, seat Leon, skoda fabia etc. it even features in some Volkswagen buses.
I bought this car in late 2014 and fixed some electrical issues bedeviling it.
back the. diesel was 100_120 naira a litre so I didn't mind. it was more economical than both my petrol cars. I covered more kilometers per naira spent in the diesel car than in the petrol cars. (I calculate such trivial things cheesy ).
now though it doesn't as diesel has gone up to 260 per liter and petrol is 145.
because the diesel sold in port Harcourt is dodgy unless you buy from reputable petrol stations, I have got myself a filtration tank at home which I use to filter any diesel I buy from these stations.
sometimes though in the course of travelling, I am forced to buy without filtering. here is what I do. I tell the pump attendant to put a litre of the diesel in a clear water container and allow the diesel settle for a few minutes. if there are impurities at the bottom of the container, I pay for the 1 litre and drive away. however, this rarely happens as I rarely need to refuel midway into most journeys.
just did ph to Enugu and back last weekend and used roughly 32 litres which is roughly half of my tank.
this was wit the car filled with my family, yams, rice, e.t.c.
my Camry would have been pointing towards empty if I tried that with the Camry.
in all, diesel is better but not at this present price of 260 per litre.
as long as you change your diesel filter regularly (I change every 10,000kms), you will be okay.
Re: Petrol Vs. Diesel: What Engine To Go For? by shyling(f): 4:50pm On Feb 12, 2017
9icetoo:

bought a used Skoda Octavia with a 1.9 litre TDI engine. this diesel engine is found in many Volkswagen group cars such as golf, Passat, seat Leon, skoda fabia etc. it even features in some Volkswagen buses.
I bought this car in late 2014 and fixed some electrical issues bedeviling it.
back the. diesel was 100_120 naira a litre so I didn't mind. it was more economical than both my petrol cars. I covered more kilometers per naira spent in the diesel car than in the petrol cars. (I calculate such trivial things cheesy ).
now though it doesn't as diesel has gone up to 260 per liter and petrol is 145.
because the diesel sold in port Harcourt is dodgy unless you buy from reputable petrol stations, I have got myself a filtration tank at home which I use to filter any diesel I buy from these stations.
sometimes though in the course of travelling, I am forced to buy without filtering. here is what I do. I tell the pump attendant to put a litre of the diesel in a clear water container and allow the diesel settle for a few minutes. if there are impurities at the bottom of the container, I pay for the 1 litre and drive away. however, this rarely happens as I rarely need to refuel midway into most journeys.
just did ph to Enugu and back last weekend and used roughly 32 litres which is roughly half of my tank.
this was wit the car filled with my family, yams, rice, e.t.c.
my Camry would have been pointing towards empty if I tried that with the Camry.
in all, diesel is better but not at this present price of 260 per litre.
as long as you change your diesel filter regularly (I change every 10,000kms), you will be okay.

I used a 505 SRD...It was always giving issues... With bleeding etc

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car / Low Engine Power In Your Car? These Are Some Likely Reasons / Quick Steps To Apply For Your Number Plate In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.