Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,007 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids (10256 Views)

Atheists Can Ask Me Any Question / Here Are 10 Nigerian Gospel Songs That Will Move You / The 2017 Worship Songs That Have Made Your Year So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by Seun(m): 5:10pm On Feb 08, 2017
Written and performed by Dan Barker, a former Christian music minister:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTm65oBBWBQ

1) You can't win with original sin.

2) Beware of dogma.

3) Nothing fails like prayer, my favourite, which is separately recorded below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPZPGlBgXUY

Do you like these songs?

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by balash(m): 5:33pm On Feb 08, 2017
lol Didn't know atheist also promotes kids too or even promotes families as well, this is so interesting

3 Likes

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by donefezy: 5:49pm On Feb 08, 2017
Hmm... Why not let your child decide for himself or herself instead of training em to be an atheist just like you. Ehn Mr Seun ?

7 Likes

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by Richirich713: 5:49pm On Feb 08, 2017
Indoctrinate them with music... undecided

1 Like

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by realtem(m): 5:59pm On Feb 08, 2017
donefezy:
Hmm... Why not let your child decide for himself or herself instead of training em to be an atheist just like you. Ehn Mr Seun ?
How is that training them to be atheists?
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by donefezy: 6:02pm On Feb 08, 2017
realtem:
How is that training them to be atheists?
Ask yourself that question kiss
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 08, 2017
;DTerrible frustrated singing from the old man undecided

3 Likes

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by bennyann: 6:04pm On Feb 08, 2017
Eeeeeeewwoooooooo
Seun no go kill person ooooo.

Pastor Seun how is you?

My friend go get married quickly and start with your kids first on this forum.

But I know you will be saved before then.

How am I even sure you have no kids already since you now know what's good for atheistic kids grin

Kids expert embarassed
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by realtem(m): 6:15pm On Feb 08, 2017
donefezy:
Ask yourself that question kiss
I already asked myself and I got an answer but I wanted to hear his opinion.
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by bennyann: 6:33pm On Feb 08, 2017
The tune is nice and the instrumentation.... I like it.

Seun if I find myself humming the song, I'll come for you.

See who is talking about dogma undecided, I thought you learnt letting the kids find out things on their own? Anyways when they find out they can't depend on themselves totally, they will look for answers then.

Seun wanted God to spoon-feed him throughout but God said no son, now it's time to feed you with bones and seun ran away.....

Oh Seun, you're such a baby..... Truth be told

You couldn't stay then and now you think you're doing everything on your own? Like totally on your own? I shake my head

Heiii, Evangelist Seun... The devil will go mad the day Jesus will arrest you. cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by Flexherbal(m): 6:35pm On Feb 08, 2017
Come and listen to this song.
Did i just play this songs till the end!

1 Like

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by ritababe(f): 6:44pm On Feb 08, 2017
balash:
lol Didn't know atheist also promotes kids too or even promotes families as well, this is so interesting

yeah they do but they always have difficulty getting married because of their believe. e.g Seun.
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by ichommy(m): 7:09pm On Feb 08, 2017
balash:

Popular at Western World.

A kid will enlight you about Atheism.
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by MaziOmenuko: 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2017
Lol

I have to agree with the dude that the mystical Adam and Eve were indeed set-up. Because any body with an iota of brain cell would plant that tree at sahara desert.

Then comes the ultimate advise; better check the weather report before praying for rain.
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by ichommy(m): 7:32pm On Feb 08, 2017
ritababe:

yeah they do but they always have difficulty getting married, e.g Seun.

Difficulty getting Married? Nobody know if Boss Seun is married (only close allies) He Love Private Life.

I know Atheists who re Married & not faking Religion. I won't mention sha.

We are Just Free Dear.

CC Hahn.

2 Likes

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by ritababe(f): 7:50pm On Feb 08, 2017
ichommy:

Difficulty getting Married? Nobody know if Boss Seun is married (only close allies) He Love Private Life.

I know Atheists who re Married & not faking Religion. I won't mention sha.

We are Just Free Dear.

CC Hahn.

he is not married, I won't say if I don't know.
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by alBHAGDADI: 7:54pm On Feb 08, 2017
donefezy:
Yet, they tell us that atheism is not a religion.

Seun is the Daddy G.O of atheism on Nairaland. Jackbizzle is jealous of that.

1 Like

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by hardeycute(m): 8:15pm On Feb 08, 2017
ritababe:

he is not married, I won't say if I don't know.
are you a witch? Cos I don't know how you know as you have claimed. No one has a picture of him, I know he lives in sango Ota which is also my area but of his married life I don't know. The post is for atheists
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by HardMirror(m): 8:22pm On Feb 08, 2017
Seun:
Written and performed by Dan Barker, a former Christian music minister:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTm65oBBWBQ

1) You can't win with original sin.

2) Beware of dogma.

3) Nothing fails like prayer, my favourite, which is separately recorded below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPZPGlBgXUY

Do you like these songs?
Wow really nice. Thanks for sharing
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by ritababe(f): 8:36pm On Feb 08, 2017
hardeycute:
are you a witch? Cos I don't know how you know as you have claimed. No one has a picture of him, I know he lives in sango Ota which is also my area but of his married life I don't know. The post is for atheists

he is not married, you just open your account 2016 so no need arguing with you.
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by JackBizzle: 8:51pm On Feb 08, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Yet, they tell us that atheism is not a religion.

Seun is the Daddy G.O of atheism on Nairaland. Jackbizzle is jealous of that.

Bros, you dey smoke Oshogbo weed? grin

JackBizzle:
When Seun Osewa graces our threads

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4644341_4069758ihailojpegjpeg91614b5729cb423b8a385aa8d63844a9_jpege4f5359fab698ebed4236aa4c84910cb

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by lepasharon(f): 8:57pm On Feb 08, 2017
Sorry, but how is that different to teaching kids religious song? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by JackBizzle: 9:00pm On Feb 08, 2017
lepasharon:
Sorry, but how is that different to teaching kids religious song? undecided

? is teaching religious song bad?

1 Like

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by lepasharon(f): 9:05pm On Feb 08, 2017
JackBizzle:

? is teaching religious song bad?

Yh, let them grow up and decide for themselves if what the songs are telling them is true. Same with this atheist songs
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by akintom(m): 9:36pm On Feb 08, 2017
The Christians/Muslims will teach their kids religious stories and songs, with the instruments of:

* assumptions
* blind faith
* irrational fears and
* making regulated/restricted understanding a virtue
* forced choice

When i teach my kids atheistic thoughts, i do that with the instrument of:

* Reason
* boundless understanding through unregulated questions
* freedom of choice
* respect for the kids decision.

The religious folks present the society with kids, who are susceptible to perpetuating all the evils inherent in religion, as they grow.
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by jonbellion(m): 9:43pm On Feb 08, 2017
Ummm
Is this really necessary undecided

1 Like

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by felixomor: 11:18pm On Feb 08, 2017
And they said atheism is not a religion.....? grin
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by finofaya: 11:22pm On Feb 08, 2017
These are good for the proposed Church of Crass in Nigeria. Let's add Lana Del Rey's Money Power Glory to that list. Amen.
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by Seun(m): 11:23pm On Feb 08, 2017
Don't you guys like Dan's music? His songs were well received by the adult audience, but I see them as being much more suitable for kids.

balash:
Families are a human social construct that came long before religion. Men and women formed stable mating pairs to raise kids, just like birds.

donefezy:
Atheists don't need to force their children to be atheists. They can just teach their kids to think critically, which makes them immune to religion.

Richirich713:
Indoctrinate them with music... undecided
If it's ok for religious parents to teach their kids religious songs, I fail to see why atheists should not teach their kids anti-religious songs. It is appropriate for little children to be taught to have a skeptical attitude towards things that cannot be proven or demonstrated to be true.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by Nobody: 1:38am On Feb 09, 2017
Nice catchy tunes...
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by alBHAGDADI: 9:18am On Feb 09, 2017
JackBizzle:

Bros, you dey smoke Oshogbo weed? grin

So when are you going to start paying tithe to seun so that he can buy a jet to meet up?
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by Seun(m): 9:22am On Feb 09, 2017
bennyann:
Anyways when they find out they can't depend on themselves totally, they will look for answers then. You couldn't stay then and now you think you're doing everything on your own? Like totally on your own? I shake my head
Atheists don't depend on themselves entirely. We depend on our fellow human beings who are real, e.g. family & friends, staff, mentors, etc.

Seun wanted God to spoon-feed him throughout but God said no son, now it's time to feed you with bones and seun ran away...
Your hypothesis is incorrect, but if it were correct, then God should have known that "feeding me bones" would make me an atheist.

The tune is nice and the instrumentation.... I like it. Seun if I find myself humming the song, I'll come for you.
What would really make my day is to listen to a recording of little kids singing "beware of dogma, it has a bite ... there's no excuse for ignorance anymore!" and "use your mind, and you will find, that nothing fails like prayer!" When this finally happens, it will be awesome.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's The Yoruba Traditional Belief Of Afterlife? / 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) / Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.