Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids (10273 Views)

Atheists Can Ask Me Any Question / Here Are 10 Nigerian Gospel Songs That Will Move You / The 2017 Worship Songs That Have Made Your Year So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by JackBizzle: 9:36am On Feb 09, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
So when are you going to start paying tithe to seun so that he can buy a jet to meet up?

Atheists don't tithe bro. I know that you are not serious.

Calm down.
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by Seun(m): 9:41am On Feb 09, 2017
jonbellion:
Ummm. Is this really necessary undecided
You don't like the music?

felixomor:
And they said atheism is not a religion.....? grin
Religion doesn't have a monopoly on using music to promote itself. Music can be used by any group of people who have something to say.

lepasharon:
Yh, let them grow up and decide for themselves if what the songs are telling them is true. Same with this atheist songs
My children would be allowed and encouraged to question anything that doesn't make sense, including the lyrics of the songs I teach them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by felixomor: 9:58am On Feb 09, 2017
Seun:
You don't like the music?

Religion doesn't have a monopoly on using music to promote itself. Music can be used by any group of people who have something to say.

My children would be allowed and encouraged to question anything that doesn't make sense, including the lyrics of the songs I teach them.

If Teaching your children songs to promote ideology is not religion.....
I wonder why you are angry with christianity?
Really.
Besides, u clearly dont even know the origin of music.
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by JackBizzle: 10:16am On Feb 09, 2017
felixomor:

If Teaching your children songs to promote ideology is not religion.....
I wonder why you are angry with christianity?
Really.
Besides, u clearly dont even know the origin of music.

I don't mind teaching religious songs as long as it is not harmful to the child

For instance, there is a christian song about love.....I dont mind that as an atheist

What I hate is falsehood and slavery- Imagine this nonsense song we learnt in school- "FATHER ABRAHAM HAS MANY SONS, AND MANY SONS HAS FATHER ABRAHAM, I AM ONE OF THEM AND SO ARE YOU...."

When did I become a son/ancestor to a Jew?
===================

Seun's point is that you can teach any song to your child, with the condition that the song is not harmful.......
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by bennyann: 10:35am On Feb 09, 2017
Seun:

Atheists don't depend on themselves entirely. We depend on our fellow human beings who are real, e.g. family & friends, staff, mentors, etc.

That's true, no man is an island. But do you know it's possible not to find a single person you can rely on? When I say a single person, I mean not even yourself. And what would you do when that time comes?

God may not be real to you now but He is real to some.

Your hypothesis is incorrect, but if it were correct, then God should have known that "feeding me bones" would make me an atheist.

If my null hypothesis has been rejected, who am I to maintain it..... I'm sorry about that.

But is there anything wrong in letting God see you can love Him through the bad times also? Let's take it that He exists to you... Would you only love him through the good times?

What would really make my day is to listen to a recording of little kids singing "beware of dogma, it has a bite ... there's no excuse for ignorance anymore!" and "use your mind, and you will find, that nothing fails like prayer!" When this finally happens, it will be awesome.
grin you never cease to amaze me dear Seun. Of course it would make your day but that will end very soon.

But don't forget whatever it is you want to teach them is also called 'dogma' till they find out things for themselves. It shows you're just doing the same thing you are accusing others of doing.

I think you are a dogma kids have to beware of also. It seems you've not thought of it that way.

But do you know the catchy tune of them all is the one that has prayer in it? It's also the greatest lie of them all.

I better not listen to it again so as to avoid humming it unconsciously grin

1 Like

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by joeace2020(m): 10:45am On Feb 09, 2017
ichommy:

Difficulty getting Married? Nobody know if Boss Seun is married (only close allies) He Love Private Life.

I know Atheists who re Married & not faking Religion. I won't mention sha.

We are Just Free Dear.

CC Hahn.

That guy isn't married. Do you think it's easy to find a woman that can share his sort of religious ideas? Women are generally emotional beings than rational. stuffs like God, Jesus, church are more appealing to this emotional part of them and if there's anything i know about humans most of what we emotionally cling to are things we almost never question. It's more reason you can see them hang on to abusive relationships and more. Don't get me wrong, not a misogynist, just telling you why men like this find it hard with women being who they naturally are.

1 Like

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by JackBizzle: 10:58am On Feb 09, 2017
joeace2020:

That guy isn't married. Do you think it's easy to find a woman that can share his sort of religious ideas? Women are generally emotional beings than rational. stuffs like God, Jesus, church are more appealing to this emotional part of them and if there's anything i know about humans most of what we emotionally cling to are things we almost never question. It's more reason you can see them hang on to abusive relationships and more. Don't get me wrong, not a misogynist, just telling you why men like this find it hard with women being who they naturally are.

There are atheist women.

Women are not as emotional as you think.

The problem is that oppressed/suffering people are more likely to religious.

In nigeria where there is hardly gender equality and women are oppressed, women are more likely to be religious than men.

Seun might be married. Who knows, there are millions of foreign women in USA, UK etc that are atheists. .... grin grin grin
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by joeace2020(m): 11:33am On Feb 09, 2017
JackBizzle:

There are atheist women.

Women are not as emotional as you think.

The problem is that oppressed/suffering people are more likely to religious.

In nigeria where there is hardly gender equality and women are oppressed, women are more likely to be religious than men.

Seun might be married. Who knows, there are millions of foreign women in USA, UK etc that are atheists. .... grin grin grin

I don't agree with you one bit. Nigerians aren't suffering the most, Nigerian women aren't the most oppressed. So your reasons are not sufficient. The general make up of a woman predisposes her to religious affiliations. This could be either most believe their physical or emotional weakness can be cushioned by depending on some supernatural force to make them feel stronger or most times taking the lead of men! Truth is all over the world, men more than women are more likely to be less dogmatic and more pragmatic. Don't be fooled by all this civilization rhetorics. Yes there are female Atheists in civilized nations like US, UK and the rest, and there are eve back home here but they number 5 or 10 males to 1 female. And women are quite emotional, don't be fooled.

1. Women more likely than men to affiliate with a religion

The first indicator of religious commitment examined in this study is religious affiliation, that is, whether people report identifying with a faith group. Among women and men ages 20 and older, 83.4% of women and 79.9% of men across 192 countries and territories are religiously affiliated, according to estimates made for Pew Research Center’s 2015 report “The Future of World Religions: Population Growth Projections 2010-2015.”13

In about a third of the 192 countries (61), women are at least 2 percentage points more likely than men to have a religious affiliation. In the remaining countries (131), women and men are about equally likely to affiliate with a religious group. In 83 of the 131 countries, more than 98% of both men and women identify with a religious group, making affiliation nearly universal with little room for any gender gap.14 Notably, there are no countries in which men are more religiously affiliated than women by 2 percentage points or more.

The distribution of men and women varies within different religious groups. Women are slightly more numerous among Buddhists (54%), Christians (53%) and Jews (52%). Women are slightly less prevalent among Hindus (49%) and adherents of traditional or folk religions (49%).15

Around the world, men markedly outnumber women (55% vs. 45%) among religiously unaffiliated populations, which include atheists, agnostics and people who say their religion is “nothing in particular.”

While it is possible to measure lack of religious affiliation using censuses and large-scale demographic surveys, these sources do not generally include “atheist” as a response category in religion questions. Additionally, in many countries there are too few atheists in general population surveys to reliably analyze the characteristics of atheists. However, Pew Research Center has collected sufficient data to analyze the gender composition of people who self-identify as atheists in eight countries: Australia, the United Kingdom, China, France, Germany, Spain, the United States and Uruguay.16
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by JackBizzle: 11:54am On Feb 09, 2017
joeace2020:

I don't agree with you one bit. Nigerians aren't suffering the most, Nigerian women aren't the most oppressed. So your reasons are not sufficient. The general make up of a woman predisposes her to religious affiliations. This could be either most believe their physical or emotional weakness can be cushioned by depending on some supernatural force to make them feel stronger or most times taking the lead of men! Truth is all over the world, men more than women are more likely to be less dogmatic and more pragmatic. Don't be fooled by all this civilization rhetorics. Yes there are female Atheists in civilized nations like US, UK and the rest, and there are eve back home here but they number 5 or 10 males to 1 female. And women are quite emotional, don't be fooled.

Have you noticed that the difference between males and females when it comes to religion is 4% or less IN DEVELOPED COUNTRIES? That is a margin of error.

Compare that to Nigeria. Have you heard of one popular atheist woman?
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by hahn(m): 12:50pm On Feb 09, 2017
joeace2020:

Lol. I am married. I and wifey used to pray till I told her one day I would no more pray. It felt like I was talking to myself and felt childish and embarrassing

True, it was difficult but we worked it out and she has also thrown god into the waste bin and our lives have been better for it smiley

1 Like

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by hahn(m): 12:51pm On Feb 09, 2017
ritababe:

he is not married, I won't say if I don't know.

Lol. Did god reveal to you that I am not married?
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by ritababe(f): 12:56pm On Feb 09, 2017
hahn:

Lol. Did god reveal to you that I am not married?
go back to his old post you will know what he said abt marriage.
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by GoodMuyis(m): 1:24pm On Feb 09, 2017
Seun:

and "use your mind, and you will find, that nothing fails like prayer!" When this finally happens, it will be awesome.

AK47 is so power and affordable but it usually not going to hit the eye target.

Prayer is not granting yourself what you want, but asking for what you want. Its up to the give to respond or decline.

Why would he decline? because he is the give
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by randomperson: 2:00pm On Feb 09, 2017
GoodMuyis:

AK47 is so power and affordable but it usually not going to hit the eye target.

Prayer is not granting yourself what you want, but asking for what you want. Its up to the give to respond or decline.

Why would he decline? because he is the give
The bolded makes no sense... Why did god decline to stop the menace of boko haram for years? Because he can?
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by joeace2020(m): 2:23pm On Feb 09, 2017
JackBizzle:

Have you noticed that the difference between males and females when it comes to religion is 4% or less IN DEVELOPED COUNTRIES? That is a margin of error.

Compare that to Nigeria. Have you heard of one popular atheist woman?

Are you arguing for or against my point that more men are atheists than women and it will be difficult for such men like Seun to find someone like that and settle down with
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by joeace2020(m): 2:31pm On Feb 09, 2017
hahn:

Lol. I am married. I and wifey used to pray till I told her one day I would no more pray. It felt like I was talking to myself and felt childish and embarrassing

True, it was difficult but we worked it out and she has also thrown god into the waste bin and our lives have been better for it smiley

I am happy for you. At least you and your wife could come to an understanding. Just be careful, experience has taught me that with women, decisions like this can be for a moment when everything in life is going fine. BTW I noticed you said 'god' rather than 'God'..is it what i am thinking?
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by hahn(m): 2:33pm On Feb 09, 2017
joeace2020:

I am happy for you. At least you and your wife could come to an understanding. Just be careful, experience has taught me that with women, decisions like this can be for a moment when everything in life is going fine. BTW I noticed you said 'god' rather than 'God'..is it what i am thinking?

I am referring to Jehovah the god

2 Likes

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by Max24: 2:37pm On Feb 09, 2017
Pls, I need the help of u guys here. Am new to this section on nairaland but I seriously need ur answer.
I have been a Christian for years but in recent times started doubting the authenticity of bible stories such as creation account. Nowadays I seem to believe more in d scientific account - evolution and big bang. But my problem is that though I don't believe in any religious God I believe there exists a non-religious God. AMy question .now is which group does my philosophy belong ? Will it be right to say I have become an atheist or something else ? My understanding of atheists is that they don't believe in d existence of any God. Pls enlighten me. Thanks.
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by hopefulLandlord: 2:43pm On Feb 09, 2017
Max24:
Pls, I need the help of u guys here. Am new to this section on nairaland but I seriously need ur answer.
I have been a Christian for years but in recent times started doubting the authenticity of bible stories such as creation account. Nowadays I seem to believe more in d scientific account - evolution and big bang. But my problem is that though I don't believe in any religious God I believe there exists a non-religious God. AMy question .now is which group does my philosophy belong ? Will it be right to say I have become an atheist or something else ? My understanding of atheists is that they don't believe in d existence of any God. Pls enlighten me. Thanks.

you belong to Deism : belief in the existence of a supreme being, specifically of a creator who does not intervene in the universe.
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by Max24: 3:22pm On Feb 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

you belong to Deism : belief in the existence of a supreme being, specifically of a creator who does not intervene in the universe.
Thanks.
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by JackBizzle: 4:50pm On Feb 09, 2017
joeace2020:

Are you arguing for or against my point that more men are atheists than women and it will be difficult for such men like Seun to find someone like that and settle down with

Oyibo dey na? #teamWhiteBae?

Must Seun marry a religious yoruba woman?
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by hardeycute(m): 6:24pm On Feb 09, 2017
ritababe:

he is not married, you just open your account 2016 so no need arguing with you.
tch
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by GoodMuyis(m): 7:18pm On Feb 09, 2017
randomperson:

The bolded makes no sense... Why did god decline to stop the menace of boko haram for years? Because he can?

I will Defend God here ONLY IF...
Your question implies that you admit that God exist !!!
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by Iwant2knowGod(m): 8:11pm On Feb 09, 2017
Muafrika2:
;DTerrible frustrated singing from the old man undecided

couldn't help laughing.

1 Like

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by HardMirror(m): 9:54pm On Feb 09, 2017
Iwant2knowGod:
couldn't help laughing.
Lol Glad u enjoyed it.
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by joeace2020(m): 9:58pm On Feb 09, 2017
hahn:

I am referring to Jehovah the god

OK i get
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by joeace2020(m): 10:03pm On Feb 09, 2017
JackBizzle:

Oyibo dey na? #teamWhiteBae?

Must Seun marry a religious yoruba woman?

You don add yoruba..That's one of the things i hate about the yoruba's.. #teamanytribeandnotwhitebae
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by Image123(m): 11:02pm On Feb 09, 2017
Seun:
Written and performed by Dan Barker, a former Christian music minister:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTm65oBBWBQ

1) You can't win with original sin.

2) Beware of dogma.

3) Nothing fails like prayer, my favourite, which is separately recorded below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPZPGlBgXUY

Do you like these songs?

Lol, so atheists eye praise and worship too. i wonder when they'd start communion.
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by JackBizzle: 5:13am On Feb 10, 2017
Image123:

Lol, so atheists eye praise and worship too. i wonder when they'd start communion.

This guy.

You still dey?
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 10, 2017
Iwant2knowGod:

couldn't help laughing.
He really needs to leave the singing to the professionals
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church / 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) / Jesus Is Not God – Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.