Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids (10269 Views)

Atheists Can Ask Me Any Question / Here Are 10 Nigerian Gospel Songs That Will Move You / The 2017 Worship Songs That Have Made Your Year So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by chrisav: 3:46am On Feb 14, 2017
akintom:
The Christians/Muslims will teach their kids religious stories and songs, with the instruments of:

* assumptions

Christianity is based on reality. How we see things depends largely on where we stand.

* blind faith

Faith in God is not a leap in the dark rather it means to trust God for who He IS.
I suppose u believe in the existence of space though you have never being there and can't prove with evidence but you have FAITH in those who have been there.

* irrational fears

the bible is replete with verses admonishing the christian not to fear. again your assumptions

* making regulated/restricted understanding a virtue
* forced choice

When i teach my kids atheistic thoughts, i do that with the instrument of:

* Reason

but reason can be flawed

* boundless understanding through unregulated questions

we understand in part no such thing as boundless understanding in the particle world

* freedom of choice

a child left to himself brings shame to his mother the wise one says proverb 29:15
* respect for the kids decision.
Decision making is a skill KIDS often don't have.

The religious folks present the society with kids, who are susceptible to perpetuating all the evils inherent in religion, as they grow.

hasty generalization. you see you could believe a lie and mistake it for reality.

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by Seun(m): 8:12am On Feb 14, 2017
Nogodye:
Where you're coming from...That's all
I don't know what "check where you are coming from" means in this context. Can you explain it please?
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by akintom(m): 12:19pm On Feb 14, 2017
chrisav:

Let me teach you how to respond per point.

1. Click qoute
2. Highlight the bracketed "quoted author....." and copy it, paste it blow the point you want to respond to.
3. Copy the bracketed "qoute" at the end of my post, highlight it and copy, and paste it just at the end of the last word, of the point you want to quote.
4. Write your reply between step 2 and 3.
5. Repeat the same for all the points you wanna respond to.

Goodluck!
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 17, 2017
bennyann:

Realmindz I'll beat you ooo Don't mistake that softheartedness for weakness. angry
Your "softheartedness" isn't a sign of weakness. It's a strength that wins over the splenetic, 'cause you have "no bile in your spleen", ma'am. wink

APHRODITE cheesy

1 Like

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by Harvard13(m): 11:42pm On Feb 17, 2017
Seun:
Written and performed by Dan Barker, a former Christian music minister:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTm65oBBWBQ

1) You can't win with original sin.

2) Beware of dogma.

3) Nothing fails like prayer, my favourite, which is separately recorded below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPZPGlBgXUY

Do you like these songs?

Mr seun, are ur kids atheists?? What happened to giving them freedom to chose?
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by bennyann: 2:13pm On Feb 18, 2017
Awhaie:
Your "softheartedness" isn't a sign of weakness. It's a strength that wins over the splenetic, 'cause you have "no bile in your spleen", ma'am. wink

APHRODITE cheesy

angry
JOYE cheesy

Who else?
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 18, 2017
bennyann:

angry
JOYE cheesy

Who else?
lol....... I gave it away already. I blew my cover rather too soon. grin

Awhaie = Ay = Ayo = Joy = Joye wink smiley
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by bennyann: 3:09pm On Feb 18, 2017
Awhaie:
lol....... I gave it away already. I blew my cover so soon. grin

Awhaie = Ay = Ayo = Joy = Joye wink smiley

You ehn, smiley
let se.un catch you.
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 18, 2017
bennyann:

You ehn, smiley
let se.un catch you.
Pertaining to that, I'm immune to penalties, 'cause exclusive of this, I do not operate any moniker on nairaland, as I "killed" the antecedent ones the moment they put on a kibosh vis-à-vis portraying my dispositions.

I've changed a bit, so they're no longer me; I had to bring them down.
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by bennyann: 5:26pm On Feb 18, 2017
Awhaie:
Pertaining to that, I'm immune to penalties, 'cause exclusive of this, I do not operate any moniker on nairaland, as I "killed" the antecedent ones the moment they put on a kibosh vis-à-vis portraying my dispositions.

I've changed a bit, so they're no longer me; I had to bring them down.

Heiiiiiiiiii, JOYE JOYE cheesy

I'm watching cool
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 18, 2017
bennyann:

Heiiiiiiiiii, JOYE JOYE cheesy

I'm watching cool
lol.......

I know you can see clearly, so you can cast your gaze down on me from the sun for as long as you wish, ye Enchantress from the stars, but even the Holy Spirit knows that my "obstinacy" will DEFINITELY deprive you of seeing "that very thing you're so eager to see". cheesy tongue

You can put me in your prayers though. I wish you the best as you have fun conversing with God. kiss
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by bennyann: 2:16pm On Feb 19, 2017
Awhaie:
lol.......

I know you can see clearly, so you can cast your gaze down on me from the sun for as long as you wish, ye Enchantress from the stars, but even the Holy Spirit knows that my "obstinacy" will DEFINITELY deprive you of seeing "that very thing you're so eager to see" . cheesy tongue

You can put me in your prayers though. I wish you the best as you have fun conversing with God. kiss

angry
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by ychris: 6:43am On Mar 01, 2017
Falz; wehdonsir.
The song is an eye-opener.
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by emmy4lov(m): 8:27am On Mar 01, 2017
pretty nice songs... but the lyrics are irritating. undecided the best legacy I ever got from my parents is the Christmas faith.. and the same path for my kids ..

Prayers work, The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
Faith is what makes us different. if you believe, it'll work for you . Seun I hope you experience the power of God soon ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtlxQEnZlkE

Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by Kissking: 9:59am On Mar 04, 2017
Seun:
Written and performed by Dan Barker, a former Christian music minister:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTm65oBBWBQ

1) You can't win with original sin.

2) Beware of dogma.

3) Nothing fails like prayer, my favourite, which is separately recorded below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPZPGlBgXUY

Do you like these songs?
https://my.notjustok.com/track/183162/pygronswagg-wonwami
Re: Songs That Atheists Can Teach Their Kids by 3rdavefarms(m): 8:22pm On Apr 08, 2017
Seun + ogun + state = Ogboni

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of SIN / Thought Provoking Questions For Atheist. / Jesus Is Not God – Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.