Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,413 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Help! Windows 8.1 Upgrade - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! Windows 8.1 Upgrade (1314 Views)

My Two Year Old Hp-15 Freezes Three Times Per Day Help!!!!! (windows 10) / Urgent Help!!!! Windows 10 / Kindly Help, Windows 10 Can't Connect To Wi-fi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Windows 8.1 Upgrade by cheapphones: 7:39am On Feb 09, 2017
My HP probook laptop came with a windows 8 OS but recently it brought me a prompt to upgrade to windows 8.1, I was skeptical nd kept ignoring but after lots of prompting I clicked the upgrade, I made sure to wait till everything was completed 100% and then I restarted. On coming up now the desktop just keeps flashing nd going back to a blue screen. And it goes on and on like its trying to boot. I've restarted it a lot of times, at times I even leave it on like that for sometime hoping it will get stable but it's not working. I'm thinking I'll have to reinstall the windows 8 OS but the issue now is this laptop doesn't come with a CD drive so I have to put the installer on an external hard drive. My worry is with the way it's not coming up, it might not even be able to read the hard drive.. Gurus in the house please help me out.
PS: The only thing that works when it's on this mode is ctrl+alt+del
Re: Help! Windows 8.1 Upgrade by cheapphones: 9:20am On Feb 09, 2017
Anybody
Re: Help! Windows 8.1 Upgrade by ahless(m): 10:42am On Feb 09, 2017
cheapphones:
Anybody
Your location
Re: Help! Windows 8.1 Upgrade by seunsamson50(m): 11:10am On Feb 09, 2017
Enter the BIOS settings and change the BOOT ORDER.
Re: Help! Windows 8.1 Upgrade by cheapphones: 1:36pm On Feb 09, 2017
ahless:

Your location
Phc
Re: Help! Windows 8.1 Upgrade by ahless(m): 1:50pm On Feb 09, 2017
cheapphones:

Phc
Am in Lagos. Would have love to help you

1 Like

Re: Help! Windows 8.1 Upgrade by pixey(m): 5:34pm On Feb 09, 2017
Download an iso file of windows 8 but I would prefer you get windows 10 ,use a friend's PC to create a bootable USB (8gb)using Rufus and change the boot order in the bios to USB.Insert the bootable USB to your system and boot from USB.You can then install windows 10 or 8 from there.
Re: Help! Windows 8.1 Upgrade by pixey(m): 5:38pm On Feb 09, 2017
Mind you the iso file is about 4gb for windows 10 x64 and 3.5 for x86.windows 8.1 should be lower.
Re: Help! Windows 8.1 Upgrade by pixey(m): 5:59pm On Feb 09, 2017
From what I read it seems you were not patient enough.When installing windows anytime you see "don't turn off your pc"it means don't do anything and leave it ! Go outside! Then come back later.
Re: Help! Windows 8.1 Upgrade by cheapphones: 6:20pm On Feb 09, 2017
ahless:

Am in Lagos. Would have love to help you
Thanks
Re: Help! Windows 8.1 Upgrade by cheapphones: 9:11am On Feb 11, 2017
pixey:
From what I read it seems you were not patient enough.When installing windows anytime you see "don't turn off your pc"it means don't do anything and leave it ! Go outside! Then come back later.
I actually waited til all was completed but seems there were compatibility issues.
Thanks for your suggestion, I got Windows 8 into a flash and booted from the flash so I have it running now on windows 8
Re: Help! Windows 8.1 Upgrade by cheapphones: 9:11am On Feb 11, 2017
seunsamson50:
Enter the BIOS settings and change the BOOT ORDER.
Thanks I've fixed it.

(1) (Reply)

7 Tips To Securing Your Webcam From Hackers And Spies / Permanently Activate Any Edition Of Windows 10 Using Microsoft Toolkit / Genuine Laptops With Good Prices.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.