Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Is Jesus god? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus god? (5818 Views)

Is Jesus God? / Jesus, God,/ Allah Explained. See Where We Differ / Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus god? by kilo4sure: 8:19pm On Feb 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

you've gone off a tangent

I asked for the difference between JudaismChristianity CREATION STORY and that of Islam
One of the major differences is that the Quran never states that man was made in the image and likeness of God. So Muslims would never understand why Christians can see God in Jesus.
In the Quran, the primary purpose for man was to bow and worship Allah, but the Bible states that God was looking for one to subdue the earth, to dress the garden and keep it for him.
These are the minor but yet subtle differences l can remember.
Re: Is Jesus god? by aminusanti(m): 8:33pm On Feb 10, 2017
yemimajid:
Yeah Atheists are the one with no brain, the one who believes in a god who loves you really deeply but will nonetheless send you to hell if you wear clothes of mixed fabric...which would be really interesting if you told me you do not. Atheist also the one with no brains who would believe in a book that was written at a time when women were seen as a property of men, slavery was the norm and death was the penalty for minor offences. Atheist= no brain makes much sense
test & justice...
As an Atheist do u have ethics and moralities?
* can you marry ur our mother?
* is it wrong to commit murder?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus god? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 10, 2017
FriendChoice:

Am not interested with your argument but your lie made it necessary. Study your Bible before commenting. Bible mention Jesus as servant.

Brother, He just took upon Himself a form of a servant
He is God not a servant

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus god? by aminusanti(m): 10:45pm On Feb 10, 2017
platinumphotos:

Nothing is wrong here, it is actually a mystery, nevertheless, it's a fact.
The prophets of old, men of God, disciples of Christ and even angels of God NEVER accepted worship from man. Worship ONLY belongs to God. But why was Jesus worshiped? Because He is God!
Notice that right from His birth, even as a child wrapped in cloth, the wise men worshipped him, all through His earthly ministry, people worshipped Him. You also find an interesting one after the resurrection of the resurrected Christ, after he appeared to His disciples, Thomas the doubter saw the obvious and he declared in John 20:28. "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God".
You see that capital letter case was used to describe the resurrected Christ as Lord and God.
Again, don't forget that He was named Emmanuel which means God with us. He(Jesus) is God that came to dwell with us (men).
Hallelujah!
ok

3 Likes

Re: Is Jesus god? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 10, 2017
Junia:

Brother, He just took upon Himself a form of a servant
He is God not a servant

Hmm I don't know. You are wiser than the Bible. This is not Jesus speaking but God Almighty.

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go. [Act 4:13]

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus god? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 10, 2017
aminusanti:
test & justice...
As an Atheist do u have ethics and moralities?
* can you marry ur our mother?
* is it wrong to commit murder?
You really want to use a book that teaches you how to treat your slaves to teach me ethics and morality?
Re: Is Jesus god? by Nobody: 12:41am On Feb 11, 2017
FriendChoice:

Hmm I don't know. You are wiser than the Bible. This is not Jesus speaking but God Almighty.

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go. [Act 4:13]

This is not God speaking .. it is Peter
Jesus took a form of a servant therefore to men, He is a servant of God. Just as muslims say He is a messanger
But to us Christians who know Him, we know He is God The Son

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus god? by Nobody: 12:56am On Feb 11, 2017
Junia:

This is not God speaking .. it is Peter
Jesus took a form of a servant therefore to men, He is a servant of God. Just as muslims say He is a messanger
But to us Christians who know Him, we know He is God The Son

Thank you for educating me on who is speaking. But only those with holy spirit will understand you. Yes He is a messenger of God. Yes He is son of God (meaning a righteous person).

Exodus 4:22 "Thus saith Jehovah, Israel is my son, even my firstborn. "

For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God.

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. [Roman 8:14]

Now your next argument is Jesus is not son of God but begotten son of God ? . But sha lemme wait to hear you speak first.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus god? by Nobody: 1:04am On Feb 11, 2017
Some idiot said the holy trinity is like water in its three states i.e. solid, liquid and gas. Lol.
Re: Is Jesus god? by Godemcee(m): 1:33am On Feb 11, 2017
aminusanti:

*Christianity
One God in Three Persons

*Islam
One God alone

*Christianity
Forgiveness through human sacrifice

*Islam
Forgiveness by infinite divine grace

*Christianity
The Church the only way to God

*Islam
Direct access to God for every believer

Although Christians will balk at the thought that the death of Jesus on the cross in Christian teaching is essentially a human sacrifice, and some will deny the authority of the Church, this simple caricature of the differences between Christianity and Islam should make the Christian stop and think. It may well be that worship of one God alone, and the realization that he has direct access to God without recourse to any institutions, and free forgiveness of sin through the infinite grace of God, is what he really always thought was true and right. After all, all are born Muslim.
u mean how u Muslim blow people up and screaming allah akubar.though am an agnotheist but if I were to choose a religion I'll rather choose Buddha than worship that blood sucker called Allah,I'll bombard Here with Quran verses of Muhammad supporting killing nd rape now
Re: Is Jesus god? by hopefulLandlord: 1:38am On Feb 11, 2017
aminusanti:
then go back and read ur prev post..
i asked u in what aspect and u said general nd now you are telling a diff thing..
pls go straight to ur question if u do hv it

hmmm

creation story only
Re: Is Jesus god? by johnw74: 5:47am On Feb 11, 2017
Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

Joh 10:28  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 
Joh 10:29  My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 
Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one.
Re: Is Jesus god? by aminusanti(m): 6:03am On Feb 11, 2017
yemimajid:
You really want to use a book that teaches you how to treat your slaves to teach me ethics and morality?
And the same book that tells you u can't marry your own mother and not to commit murder.. wink do u consider murder and rape to be ok? If not then why not?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus god? by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 11, 2017
FriendChoice:

Thank you for educating me on who is speaking. But only those with holy spirit will understand you. Yes He is a messenger of God. Yes He is son of God (meaning a righteous person).

Exodus 4:22 "Thus saith Jehovah, Israel is my son, even my firstborn. "

For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God.

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. [Roman 8:14]

Now your next argument is Jesus is not son of God but begotten son of God ? . But sha lemme wait to hear you speak first.

Israel is God's firstborn, thus God's son.
But you need to understand this well. Israel is an adopted son just as every Christian
Ephesians 1:5(ESV)
He predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of His will.

Jesus was His Son. The one The Father Himself Begat
Israel and every Christian are just adopted sons
Re: Is Jesus god? by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 11, 2017
Junia:

Israel is God's firstborn, thus God's son.
But you need to understand this well. Israel is an adopted son just as every Christian
Ephesians 1:5(ESV)
He predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of His will.

Jesus was His Son. The one The Father Himself Begat
Israel and every Christian are just adopted sons

Yeah I predicted well. I know you will say Jesus is not a normal son but Begotten Son Of God. And this is the verse you should have quote

Gospel of John, Chap 3 verse 16: "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

What is the meaning of begotten? When asked the meaning of the word ‘begotten’ the Christian will rarely be able to explain. Begetting is an animal act belonging to the animal function of sex. ‘Begotten’ means "sired". http://www.biblestudytools.com dictionary/begotten/

How dare the Church attribute such lowly function to God?

[b]The word ‘begotten’ mentioned in the Gospel of John, Chap 3 vs. 16 has been thrown out from the Revised Standard Version of the Bible as an interpolation, as a fabrication.

The Revised Standard Version has been revised by 32 Christian Scholars of the highest eminence, backed by 50 different co operating denominations and these Scholars have removed this blasphemous word without any ceremony as an interpolation, concoction, fabrication, and adulteration.

Yet you Christians are blind and unaware of this important fact because they do not read their own Bibles.

3 Likes

Re: Is Jesus god? by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 11, 2017
FriendChoice:

Yeah I predicted well. I know you will say Jesus is not a normal son but Begotten Son Of God. And this is the verse you should have quote

Gospel of John, Chap 3 verse 16: "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

What is the meaning of begotten? When asked the meaning of the word ‘begotten’ the Christian will rarely be able to explain. Begetting is an animal act belonging to the animal function of sex. ‘Begotten’ means "sired". http://www.biblestudytools.com dictionary/begotten/

How dare the Church attribute such lowly function to God?

[b]The word ‘begotten’ mentioned in the Gospel of John, Chap 3 vs. 16 has been thrown out from the Revised Standard Version of the Bible as an interpolation, as a fabrication.

The Revised Standard Version has been revised by 32 Christian Scholars of the highest eminence, backed by 50 different co operating denominations and these Scholars have removed this blasphemous word without any ceremony as an interpolation, concoction, fabrication, and adulteration.

Yet you Christians are blind and unaware of this important fact because they do not read their own Bibles.

The phrase "only begotten" translates the Greek word monogenes. It's this last phrase ("only begotten" used in the KJV, NASB and the NKJV) that causes problems. Religious teachers have latched onto this phrase to try to prove their false teaching that Jesus Christ isn't God.
They see the word "begotten" and say that Jesus is a created being because only someone who had a beginning in time can be "begotten." What this fails to note is that "begotten" is an English translation of a Greek word. As such, we have to look at the original meaning of the Greek word, not transfer English meanings into the text.

Monogenes has two primary definitions. The first definition is "pertaining to being the only one of its kind within a specific relationship." This is its meaning in Hebrews 11:17 when the writer refers to Isaac as Abraham's "only begotten son" (KJV). Abraham had more than one son, but Isaac was the only son he had by Sarah and the only son of thevcovenant. Therefore, it is the uniqueness of Isaac among the other sons that allows for thebuse of monogenes in that context.

The second definition is "pertaining to being the only one of its kind or class, unique in kind." This is the meaning that is implied in John 3:16 (see also John 1:14 , 18; 3:18 ; 1 John 4:9 ). John was primarily concerned with demonstrating that Jesus is the Son of God ( John 20:31 ), and he uses monogenes to highlight Jesus as uniquely God's Son—sharing the same divine nature as God—as opposed to believers who are God's sons and daughters by adoption ( Ephesians 1:5 ). Jesus is God’s “one and only” Son.
Re: Is Jesus god? by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 11, 2017
aminusanti:

And the same book that tells you u can't marry your own mother and not to commit murder.. wink do u consider murder and rape to be ok? If not then why not?
So basically you cannot be a christian unless you have learned how to cherry pick the parts in your bible that byou like and completely ignore the parts you don't?
Re: Is Jesus god? by aminusanti(m): 10:41am On Feb 11, 2017
yemimajid:
So basically you cannot be a christian unless you have learned how to cherry pick the parts in your bible that byou like and completely ignore the parts you don't?
why r u ignoring my questions pls? Fyi am not a christian smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus god? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 11, 2017
aminusanti:

why r u ignoring my questions pls? Fyi am not a christian smiley
I thought they were rhetorical questions...I means it's like asking if you would stone your son to death if he ever disrespected you, like the bible instructed...
Re: Is Jesus god? by ichuka(m): 10:33pm On Feb 11, 2017
Jesus Christ is God!!
Re: Is Jesus god? by johnw74: 11:11pm On Feb 11, 2017
johnw74:

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

Joh 10:28  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 
Joh 10:29  My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 
Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one.

^^^ Jesus and His Father are not one person, but one Spirit, one God. God is a Spirit

not only is the Word-Jesus Christ God, also, the Holy Spirit is God

God is a Spirit, the Spirit of God is the Holy Spirit

Joh_4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

1Co_3:16  Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Joh_14:23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Re: Is Jesus god? by Hond: 12:09am On Feb 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

true
I just read an amazing article about how a world famous geneticist went from staunch atheist to Christian convert.
I born into a very large Atheist family and see more clearly how atheists self-destruct. I really believe the main reason that drive so many people away from Atheism is the social embarrassment and danger that "Cowardly Atheists" present.

The topic is : Is Jesus God ?

What are Atheists doing to this topic ? Can Atheist help Islam, Judaism or Christianity with their bitter hatred.

I found fake religious topics that are actually created by troubled Atheists so they can release their psychotic bitterness and hatred toward established religions. The bigotry and blasphemy is overboard on NL and dangerous.

A growing number of countries studied are concerned over the growing danger of Atheism, 32 countries already have anti-blasphemy laws, 20 have laws penalizing apostasy and 87 have laws against the defamation of religion, including hate speech against members of religious groups.

Islam will fiercely defend its prophets. Jesus is a prophet in their holy Koran and as a result are angry at anyone especially Atheists that
insult the holy content of their Koran and Jesus.

The hidden truth about "Coward Atheism" is out. It is not "facts" and "science" that drive these idiots, it is hatred !!!!
Re: Is Jesus god? by aminusanti(m): 12:19am On Feb 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

hmmm

creation story only

To make it brief n short
God is the Creator of all things and He is the Guardian over all things." (Quran 39:62)

So everything besides God was created by Him, is under His dominion and His disposal, and He brought it into existence.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus god? by stonemasonn: 12:25am On Feb 12, 2017
aminusanti:

To make it brief n short
God is the Creator of all things and He is the Guardian over all things." (Quran 39:62)

So everything besides God was created by Him, is under His dominion and His disposal, and He brought it into existence.
If you can remove the Jesus is God issue from Christianity there would be no difference between Christianity and Islam
Re: Is Jesus god? by aminusanti(m): 12:29am On Feb 12, 2017
Godemcee:
u mean how u Muslim blow people up and screaming allah akubar.though am an agnotheist but if I were to choose a religion I'll rather choose Buddha than worship that blood sucker called Allah,I'll bombard Here with Quran verses of Muhammad supporting killing nd rape now
pls can you educate us on how Quran n prophet mohammad r in support of killing and rape??

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus god? by aminusanti(m): 12:34am On Feb 12, 2017
stonemasonn:
If you can remove the Jesus is God issue from Christianity there would be no difference between Christianity and Islam
dia still a lot of differences like the laws, prayer, etc

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus god? by hopefulLandlord: 3:34am On Feb 12, 2017
aminusanti:

To make it brief n short

so its same as the JudeoChristian one
Re: Is Jesus god? by aminusanti(m): 7:30am On Feb 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

so its same as the JudeoChristian one
similar but not the same, d creation of the jinn wasn't mention in d judeochristian version but lets agree its 100% dsame for arguement sake...whats d issue in it?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus god? by orunto27: 10:06am On Feb 12, 2017
Just know that 1x1x1 =1 is simple Arithmetic not complex.
Re: Is Jesus god? by hopefulLandlord: 11:10am On Feb 12, 2017
aminusanti:

similar but not the same, d creation of the jinn wasn't mention in d judeochristian version but lets agree its 100% dsame for arguement sake...whats d issue in it?

That's all I wanted to know bro
Re: Is Jesus god? by Nobody: 11:24am On Feb 12, 2017
bg0074real:
[s]I came across this on Facebook, it looks worthy of sharing.

Who is god?
Jesus

Is Jesus the son of Mary?
Yes

Who created Mary?
God.

Who is God?
Jesus

Jesus is the begotten son.
Yes

Who is his father?
God.

Who is God?
Jesus.

Jesus is a servant of God?
Yes

Who is God?
Jesus.

Jesus died on the cross?
Yes

Who resurrected him?
God.

Who is God?
Jesus

Jesus is a messenger?
Yes

Who sent him?
God.

Who is God?
Jesus.

Did Jesus worship while on earth? Yes

Whom did he worship?
God.

Who is God?
Jesus.

Did God have a beginning?
No....

Then who was born on 25 DEC?Jesus.

Who is God?
Jesus.

Where's God?
In heaven

How many are there in heaven?Only one God.

Where's Jesus?
He is sitted on the right hand of his father.

Who is God?
Jesus.

Then how many are they in heaven?
Only one God

Then how many seats?
One

Where's Jesus?
Seated next to God.

Then how are they seated?
On one chair

Its only understood by those with the holy spirit.

Who is God?
Jesus.

Hahaha what a confusion. So beautiful to be a Muslim, Allah (SWT) have mercy on us all and grant us His straight path for us not to go astray[/s]

I'm only answering this because of the gullible ones who think you've made sense.

You're not a Christian, you don't know anything about Christianity except what you've been told in the mosque and stuffs like the one above that you've pulled out of social media.

I won't exchange any real apologetics with you because it will be tantamount to throwing pearls before swine.

But I need you to take a deep and close look at Islam and its founder instead of just practising a religion because you were born into of.

Ask around for the meaning of satanic verses.

Ask about how people and cultures were decimated by rampaging Islamists who killed and maimed and still continue to do so to people who profess a different religion.

Ask around for the true etymological meaning of Allah and compare with the various gods worshipped by the various Babylonian sects especially the moon god. Last I checked your symbol involves a crescent moon.

Do you even know why you have a crescent moon and a star atop every mosque and the origin for that?

Let's go to the practices and legacy of your founder and compare with the legacy of the founder of Christianity shall we:

Re: Is Jesus god? by aminusanti(m): 11:50am On Feb 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

That's all I wanted to know bro
Whats your ur own bliv on creation story?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Evolution And Islam ( Qur´an / Koran Science ) + Life In Space ("aliens") / God's Generals; The Story Of John G. Lake. / Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.