Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Is Jesus god? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus god? (5815 Views)

Is Jesus God? / Jesus, God,/ Allah Explained. See Where We Differ / Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus god? by hopefulLandlord: 2:08pm On Feb 12, 2017
aminusanti:

Whats your ur own bliv on creation story?

I'm an atheist, I don't believe any of the two stories but keep my options open
Re: Is Jesus god? by bg0074real(m): 8:05pm On Feb 12, 2017
Ioannes:

I'm only answering this because of the gullible ones who think you've made sense.

You're not a Christian, you don't know anything about Christianity except what you've been told in the mosque and stuffs like the one above that you've pulled out of social media.

I won't exchange any real apologetics with you because it will be tantamount to throwing pearls before swine.

But I need you to take a deep and close look at Islam and its founder instead of just practising a religion because you were born into of.

Ask around for the meaning of satanic verses.

Ask about how people and cultures were decimated by rampaging Islamists who killed and maimed and still continue to do so to people who profess a different religion.

Ask around for the true etymological meaning of Allah and compare with the various gods worshipped by the various Babylonian sects especially the moon god. Last I checked your symbol involves a crescent moon.

Do you even know why you have a crescent moon and a star atop every mosque and the origin for that?

Let's go to the practices and legacy of your founder and compare with the legacy of the founder of Christianity shall we:
im not here to argue about religion. I shared the post for people to reflect on. Your arguments can be summed up to Ignoratio elenchi (irrelevant conclusion, missing the point), Ad hominem – attacking the arguer instead of the argument.
Poisoning the well – a subtype of ad hominem presenting adverse information about a target person with the intention of discrediting everything that the target person says.

Abusive fallacy – a subtype of ad hominem that verbally abuses the opponent rather than arguing about the originally proposed argument.
When u want to argue pls, do so in a logical manner

like i said earlier, im not here to argue but to let open minded ponder on the post... peace

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus god? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 12, 2017
bg0074real:

im not here to argue about religion. I shared the post for people to reflect on. Your arguments can be summed up to Ignoratio elenchi (irrelevant conclusion, missing the point), Ad hominem – attacking the arguer instead of the argument.
Poisoning the well – a subtype of ad hominem presenting adverse information about a target person with the intention of discrediting everything that the target person says.

Abusive fallacy – a subtype of ad hominem that verbally abuses the opponent rather than arguing about the originally proposed argument.
When u want to argue pls, do so in a logical manner

like i said earlier, im not here to argue but to let open minded ponder on the post... peace

You shared that post out of mischief.

You shared a post that contained fallacy and mocked the Christian religion and you say you shared it so that people can ponder? Ponder on what exactly?

If you don't understand something you ask that those who know should explain to you.

For your mind now you are making sense with the post. Ignorance begets ignorance.

You are using Latin on me thinking you'll sound more intelligent abi. I'm Catholic, Latin is a language we use often, so sorry I'm not impressed.

Get your facts right before posting. It does no one any good to lead people astray.

I know what the punishment of mocking Islam or your prophet is in Islamic countries. But you guys don't mind one bit throwing jibes at the Christian religion.

Dont talk to me about open-mindedness.

Seun made sure he locked up the Islamic page of this section so that it's only Moslems that can comment because we are all too aware of how close minded and intolerant you all are, but Christian posts can be viewed and commented on by everybody. That should tell you something.

I'd give you a response, word for word, line for line, statement for statement on what you posted but your last paragraph betrayed your true intentions and that's why I said I'll not cast pearls before swines.

Come back with a better attitude and a genuine thirst for a knowledge of the Christian faith and nobody will tell you to pull this post down.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus god? by sonmvayina(m): 9:06pm On Feb 12, 2017
People should understand that the bible is made up of 2 contradicting ideologies and 2 religion..the old testament. was written by the jewish scribes for judaism..To them God is not a man and can never be..God is in control of everything both good and evil( isaiah 45:7, lamentation 3:38).,the jews obeyed and worshipped God. if they strayed from this path, he punishes them and when they obeyed, they received blessing..No threat of hell or promise of heaven.
When the romans became the world power they stole the Tanak from the jews and added it to their own religion..
they hsve been forging and editting them to mske it look like jesus is the messiah..they only stopped when the germans invented the printing press..
the jews arr still the chosen people of Marduk(the creator of all)..,issaish 45:1-7

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus god? by bg0074real(m): 9:41pm On Feb 12, 2017
Ioannes:

You shared that post out of mischief.

You shared a post that contained fallacy and mocked the Christian religion and you say you shared it so that people can ponder? Ponder on what exactly?

If you don't understand something you ask that those who know should explain to you.

For your mind now you are making sense with the post. Ignorance begets ignorance.

You are using Latin on me thinking you'll sound more intelligent abi. I'm Catholic, Latin is a language we use often, so sorry I'm not impressed.

Get your facts right before posting. It does no one any good to lead people astray.

I know what the punishment of mocking Islam or your prophet is in Islamic countries. But you guys don't mind one bit throwing jibes at the Christian religion.

Dont talk to me about open-mindedness.

Seun made sure he locked up the Islamic page of this section so that it's only Moslems that can comment because we are all too aware of how close minded and intolerant you all are, but Christian posts can be viewed and commented on by everybody. That should tell you something.

I'd give you a response, word for word, line for line, statement for statement on what you posted but your last paragraph betrayed your true intentions and that's why I said I'll not cast pearls before swines.

Come back with a better attitude and a genuine thirst for a knowledge of the Christian faith and nobody will tell you to pull this post down.

i can only say this and its my final reply; I am not responsible for what you understand or failed to understand.. if you feel offended by my post , sorry but its what it is. Hey! its nairaland you can reply or post a counter thread in as much its in accordance with nairaland rules.
Re: Is Jesus god? by aminusanti(m): 5:16am On Feb 13, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I'm an atheist, I don't believe any of the two stories but keep my options open
pls what made you come to the conclusion that there is no god?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus god? by hopefulLandlord: 9:36am On Feb 13, 2017
aminusanti:

pls what made you come to the conclusion that there is no god?

I've not had such a conclusion, existence of a god is left to unknown

I'm just compelled to not believe there's one and if there happens to be one I'm compelled to think such a god would most likely be deistic God and not the Theistic god but like I said, I still keep my options open

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus god? by johnw74: 5:58am On Feb 18, 2017
Yes Jesus is God

Psa 78:35  And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.

1Co 10:4  And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
Re: Is Jesus god? by Murtadd4Christ: 3:33pm On Mar 08, 2017
How can it be beautiful to be a muslim when your prophet confessed he fabricated the quran and a sheep ate your quran. You must be vomfused to think its beautiful to be a muslim when your allowed to rape slaves even when youre married... "I have fabricated things against God and have imputed to Him words which He has not spoken." (Al-Tabari 6:111).... It was narrated that 'Aishah said: "The Verse of stoning and of breastfeeding an adult ten times was revealed, and the paper was with me under my pillow. When the Messenger of Allah died, we were preoccupied with his death, and a tame sheep came in and ate it." (Hasan) Ibn Majah 3:9:1944
Re: Is Jesus god? by Murtadd4Christ: 3:39pm On Mar 08, 2017
YES JESUS IS GOD

(1/3)The reason why muslims cannot understand christian doctrine is very simple. In most of my discussions I've found that muslims have absolutely no concept of the "Trinity" and the "Hypostatic Union. Gentiles love to use certain verses to supposedly "prove" that Jesus is not God. This error stems from their lack of understanding the "Hypostatic Union" in particular. In terms of the hypostatic union, we Christians believe that Jesus is Fully Man and Fully God. When muslims use verses like John 10:29, Mark 13:32 to name but a few, they erroneously claim that they have "proven" that Jesus is not God. Throughout the bible we see where Jesus prays to the Father, We see in the Garden of Getshemane Jesus also prays. There are also numerous verses where Jesus is worshipped, In John 8:58 and John 10:29, HE claims DIVINITY and to give ETERNAL life. So is this a contradiction as per the muslim mind...2/3). NO!!!, there is no contradiction. We simply have to ask in what capacity is Jesus making his statements? Obviously, when he "PRAYS" he presents himself in the capacity of a HUMAN. When he claims to give eternal life, he speaks in his capacity as GOD. So when a muslim brings up simple verses like "Who is Jesus praying to IF he is God, simply ask them in what CAPACITY is Jesus presenting himself. In this case as "human". When Jesus says "My God, My God, Why have you forsaken me?", he CLEARLY presents himself as a "HUMAN being". There is no verse ever where HE presents himself as God praying to God. Throughout the bible, we clearly see where Jesus presents himself as a "HUMAN being" and as "GOD". So whenever the muslims bring up such verses refer them to the hypostatic union and ask them, In what capacity is Jesus presenting himself and you will answer these gentiles. This rebuttal is for the sake of my fellow brethren and not necessarily for the gentile....
The answer on why did Jesus cried, prayed.
....(3/3).The following are verses which clearly shows Jesus in both his capacity as "man" and "God". He is worshiped (Matt. 2:2,11; 14:33).He worshiped the Father (John 17).He was called God (John 20:28; Heb. 1:cool. He was called man (Mark 15:39; John 19:5).He was called Son of God (Mark 1:1).He was called Son of Man (John 9:35-37).He is prayed to (Acts 7:59).He prayed to the Father (John 17).He is sinless (1 Pet. 2:22; Heb. 4:15).He was tempted (Matt. 4:1).He knows all things (John 21:17).He grew in wisdom (Luke 2:52).He gives eternal life (John 10:28
Re: Is Jesus god? by Murtadd4Christ: 3:44pm On Mar 08, 2017
YES JESUS IS GOD

(1/3)The reason why muslims cannot understand christian doctrine is very simple. In most of my discussions I've found that muslims have absolutely no concept of the "Trinity" and the "Hypostatic Union. Gentiles love to use certain verses to supposedly "prove" that Jesus is not God. This error stems from their lack of understanding the "Hypostatic Union" in particular. In terms of the hypostatic union, we Christians believe that Jesus is Fully Man and Fully God. When muslims use verses like John 10:29, Mark 13:32 to name but a few, they erroneously claim that they have "proven" that Jesus is not God. Throughout the bible we see where Jesus prays to the Father, We see in the Garden of Getshemane Jesus also prays. There are also numerous verses where Jesus is worshipped, In John 8:58 and John 10:29, HE claims DIVINITY and to give ETERNAL life. So is this a contradiction as per the muslim mind...2/3). NO!!!, there is no contradiction. We simply have to ask in what capacity is Jesus making his statements? Obviously, when he "PRAYS" he presents himself in the capacity of a HUMAN. When he claims to give eternal life, he speaks in his capacity as GOD. So when a muslim brings up simple verses like "Who is Jesus praying to IF he is God, simply ask them in what CAPACITY is Jesus presenting himself. In this case as "human". When Jesus says "My God, My God, Why have you forsaken me?", he CLEARLY presents himself as a "HUMAN being". There is no verse ever where HE presents himself as God praying to God. Throughout the bible, we clearly see where Jesus presents himself as a "HUMAN being" and as "GOD". So whenever the muslims bring up such verses refer them to the hypostatic union and ask them, In what capacity is Jesus presenting himself and you will answer these gentiles. This rebuttal is for the sake of my fellow brethren and not necessarily for the gentile....
The answer on why did Jesus cried, prayed.
....(3/3).The following are verses which clearly shows Jesus in both his capacity as "man" and "God". He is worshiped (Matt. 2:2,11; 14:33).He worshiped the Father (John 17).He was called God (John 20:28; Heb. 1:cool. He was called man (Mark 15:39; John 19:5).He was called Son of God (Mark 1:1).He was called Son of Man (John 9:35-37).He is prayed to (Acts 7:59).He prayed to the Father (John 17).He is sinless (1 Pet. 2:22; Heb. 4:15).He was tempted (Matt. 4:1).He knows all things (John 21:17).He grew in wisdom (Luke 2:52).He gives eternal life (John 10:28
johnw74:

Yes Jesus is God

Psa 78:35  And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.

1Co 10:4  And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus god? by Murtadd4Christ: 3:52pm On Mar 08, 2017
Now islamite let me use your own quran to prove how we view the trinity. Listen carefully pagan. Now according to your quran surah 21:91 allah breathed into Mary of his spirit and in surah 32:9 he breathed into mankind. Now pagan tell us how can allah use ONE spirit and make mankind ( billions of people) from that ONE spirit but yet we are all not the same. Can you answer that pagan. These surahs clearly shows that the trinity concept isnt so far fetched pagan. ANSWER us this pagan. How can allah use ONE spirit in all mankind but yet we are still different but you cannot understand our One Godly Spirit in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Islam is very confusing and muslims are in denial about their cult
Re: Is Jesus god? by adewuyi2012: 4:19pm On Mar 08, 2017
Are you a christian youth brother or sister..
do you want to join "the family" where we relate with each other, have fun, share knowledge, help one another to secure jobs, share the word of God, and keep ourselves with the latest on the world around us.
for each day, below are the subjects we will be discussing:
Monday -sport
Tuesday: music
Wednesday :love and relationship
Thursday: movies
Friday: politics
Saturday: general issues-internet, education,comedy, jobs e.t.c.
Sunday: Bible study

For each day, an Admin will post a matter relating to his or her area as indicated above, then others will start commenting and sharing knowledge on the matter.
please if u would like to join us, kindly click the link below to join or chat me up 07087844062.
https:///C4Lk1oJbcoH9gm546PkkyL

Please use google chrome
Re: Is Jesus god? by Murtadd4Christ: 7:15pm On Mar 08, 2017

Hmm I don't know. You are wiser than the Bible. This is not Jesus speaking but God Almighty.

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go. [Act 4:13]

..This is also God speaking, notice verse 8 as quoted in the following verses.. Hebrews 5:5-10
The Son Superior to Angels
5 For to which of the angels did God ever say,
"You are my Son;
today I have become your Father"
Or again,
"I will be his Father,
and he will be my Son"
6 And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says,
"Let all God’s angels worship him."
7 In speaking of the angels he says,
"He makes his angels spirits,
and his servants flames of fire."
8 But about the Son he says,
"Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
by anointing you with the oil of joy."
10 He also says,"In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands.
Re: Is Jesus god? by Murtadd4Christ: 7:20pm On Mar 08, 2017
EmDeko:
Some idiot said the holy trinity is like water in its three states i.e. solid, liquid and gas. Lol.

Some idiot also told me if you touch the blackstone youre in fact touching the hand of allah. Oh wait its not an idiot its islamic doctrine.... He who touches the blackstone in fact touches the hand of allah:
Sunaan ibn majah 4:2957.
Re: Is Jesus god? by Murtadd4Christ: 7:32pm On Mar 08, 2017

Yeah I predicted well. I know you will say Jesus is not a normal son but Begotten Son Of God. And this is the verse you should have quote

Gospel of John, Chap 3 verse 16: "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

What is the meaning of begotten? When asked the meaning of the word ‘begotten’ the Christian will rarely be able to explain. Begetting is an animal act belonging to the animal function of sex. ‘Begotten’ means "sired". http://www.biblestudytools.com dictionary/begotten/

How dare the Church attribute such lowly function to God?

[b]The word ‘begotten’ mentioned in the Gospel of John, Chap 3 vs. 16 has been thrown out from the Revised Standard Version of the Bible as an interpolation, as a fabrication.

The Revised Standard Version has been revised by 32 Christian Scholars of the highest eminence, backed by 50 different co operating denominations and these Scholars have removed this blasphemous word without any ceremony as an interpolation, concoction, fabrication, and adulteration.

Yet you Christians are blind and unaware of this important fact because they do not read their own Bibles.

Wow a muslim is indeed cunning and a liar. After all taqqiyah is allowed in islam. Anyway this is what the website actually says lying muslim..

BEGOTTEN - To have born; brought forth.
be-got'-'-n (yaladh; "to bear," "bring forth," "beget"; denotes the physical relation of either parent to a child, Genesis 3:16 ; 4:18 ):
Used metaphorically of God's relation to Israel ( Deuteronomy 32:18 ) and to the Messianic king ( Psalms 2:7 ); (gennao, "to beget," or "bear"wink: generally used of a father ( Matthew 1:1-16 ); more rarely of a mother (Luke 1:13,57 ); used metaphorically of causing or engendering moral and spiritual relations and states (1 Corinthians 4:15 ; Philemon 1:10 ); of the new birth the Holy Spirit (John 3:3 ). Men who obey and love God as sons are begotten of Him ( John 1:13 ; 1 John 2:29 ; 3:9 ; 4:7 ; 5:1,4,18 ; compare 1 Peter 1:23 ). Used especially of God's act in making Christ His Son: "Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee" (Psalms 2:7 ) quoted in Acts 13:33 in reference to His resurrection (compare Romans 1:4 ). The same passage is cited (Hebrews 1:5 ) as proving Christ's filial dignity, transcending the angels in that "he hath inherited a more excellent name than they," i.e. the name of son; and again ( Hebrews 5:5 ) of God conferring upon Christ the glory of the priestly office.
Commentators differ as to whether the act of begetting the Son in these two passages is:
a. the eternal generation, or
b. the incarnation in time, or
c. the resurrection and ascension.
The immediate context of Hebrews 1:5 (see
Hebrews 1:3 ) seems to favor the last view (Westcott). The first view would not be foreign to the author's thought:
with Hebrews 5:5 compare Hebrews 6:20 , "a high priest forever" (Alford). The author of Heb thinks of the eternal and essential sonship of Christ as realized in history in His ascension to the "right hand of the Majesty" ( Hebrews 1:3 ). And what is emphatic is the fact and status of sonship, rather than the time of begetting.

www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/begotten/
Re: Is Jesus god? by Murtadd4Christ: 7:38pm On Mar 08, 2017
stonemasonn:
If you can remove the Jesus is God issue from Christianity there would be no difference between Christianity and Islam

There would still be a damn big difference. After all adultery in christianity is a sin but its halaal in islam. Unless of course the muslim can contort the definition of adultery to make it halaal in islam. Notice that muhammad doesnt prohibit them from having sex outside of marriage, he merely forbids them not to do al azl ( ejaculating outside the vagina) thus allowing muslims to have bastard children with slaves..

Narrated Ibn Muhairiz: I saw Abu Said and asked him about coitus interruptus. Abu Said said, "WE WENT with Allah's Apostle, in the Ghazwa of Barli Al- Mustaliq and WE captured some of the 'Arabs as captives, AND the long SEPERATION from OUR WIVES was pressing US hard and WE wanted to practice coitus interruptus. We asked Allah's Apostle (whether it was permissible). He said, "It is better for you not to do so. No soul, (that which Allah has) destined to exist, up to the Day of Resurrection, but will definitely come, into existence." Sahih Bukhari 3:46:718
Re: Is Jesus god? by otemanuduno: 8:04pm On Mar 08, 2017
aminusanti:
Confusion + lack of reasoning = christianity
I gave you a like, but that doesn't mean that Islam or religion in any form is good. Islam, Xtianity etc. is the reason why we haven't grown beyond this level of intelligence in the world. We'll get there when religion is subsided bcoz by then, we Would be able to access the part of the brains which will give our world a rapid development. We will be able to play music of any choice from our brains without needing to buy MP3 or other sophisticated devices. We would be able to perfectly digitize our brains. I am happy for the people of the future.
Re: Is Jesus god? by otemanuduno: 8:09pm On Mar 08, 2017
aminusanti:

no brain = Atheist
Hey, don't go there. I'm no atheist, but I see BRAIN there.

Religion and brain are 'antonymous'.
Re: Is Jesus god? by stonemasonn: 10:08am On Mar 09, 2017
Murtadd4Christ:

There would still be a damn big difference. After all adultery in christianity is a sin but its halaal in islam. Unless of course the muslim can contort the definition of adultery to make it halaal in islam. Notice that muhammad doesnt prohibit them from having sex outside of marriage, he merely forbids them not to do al azl ( ejaculating outside the vagina) thus allowing muslims to have bastard children with slaves..

Narrated Ibn Muhairiz: I saw Abu Said and asked him about coitus interruptus. Abu Said said, "WE WENT with Allah's Apostle, in the Ghazwa of Barli Al- Mustaliq and WE captured some of the 'Arabs as captives, AND the long SEPERATION from OUR WIVES was pressing US hard and WE wanted to practice coitus interruptus. We asked Allah's Apostle (whether it was permissible). He said, "It is better for you not to do so. No soul, (that which Allah has) destined to exist, up to the Day of Resurrection, but will definitely come, into existence." Sahih Bukhari 3:46:718

hmnnnn, when you read hadiths from various narrators you will be amazed with the nature of the 6th century Arabian.
Re: Is Jesus god? by Obembem: 10:51am On Mar 09, 2017
I believe in God cos He's saved me many times I can barely recall......stick to your beliefs, in the afterlife we shall know and see the truth
Re: Is Jesus god? by lawani: 3:52pm On May 26, 2019
Believing Mohammed is the last prophet is just as gullible!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? / An Account Of Exploits Many Have Never Heard About Pastor W.F. Kumuyi / Exigesis Of Genesis Chapter 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.