Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,148 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:50 AM

While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum (13832 Views)

Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo / How is minimum wage calculated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by Chikelue2000(m): 7:47am On Feb 11, 2017
Afriifa:
Don't blame anyone without blaming yourself first.

When you chose a political PARTY in place of the right CANDIDATE who is from another political party what do you expect?

When you decides to vote for geopolitical reasons instead of National interest, what do you expect?

When you chose to follow TRIBAL candidate instead of the BEST man for the job, what do you expect?

When you chose to cast your vote for the sake of RELIGION, what do you expect?

I can go on and on, but let me stop here.

Forgetting the fact that POVERTY, CRIME, HUNGER ETC. Does not respect your so called TRIBE, RELIGION, GEOPOLITICAL ZONES, and yes even your "PARTY".
God bless u
I remembered wen past admin wanted increasing that

1 Like

Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by Arise001: 7:49am On Feb 11, 2017
Op, going by the current exchange rate , I think it's $35.8. $1 = 503 $35.8 = #18,000 $60 =#30,180

1 Like

Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by Swizdoe(m): 7:51am On Feb 11, 2017
omenkaLives:
Please quote me when you are ready to sound like a human being with a functional brain. It disgusts me when i see nonsense in my mentions. Is jonathan your father? What the fhuck is your business who's name i mention or dont i have the right to speak my mind anymore because your god is involved?

Go look for people of like minds with you and banter with them for as long as you like and leave me the hell alone- i dont owe you or anyone like you any apology.

Nonsense.

Jonathan was a failure and remains a failure. Any idiot who doesnt like me saying so can go to hell.

So does Jonathan's failure makes Buhari a success...
An adage says how a day is going to be, you will know from the morning...
If after two years of the ostrich you voted into power, Jonathan names keeps popping up, then nothing is going to change when elections comes up in 2019...

4 Likes

Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by kYjelly2: 7:58am On Feb 11, 2017
ATERI:

I`m always relaxed when people that are talking Nigeria down have never left Nigeria before. You can learn on goggle but not the context and reality. The very first room I rented in Europe cost me 200 Euro. Well, in Nigeria as an undergraduate I was paying 50 Naira for the room of the same size. In any food kiosk in Nigeria, I would only pay for fried rice, water would come with it free of charge, In Europe no free water, you have to buy it. In Europe, I can`t remember a bus ride that cost less than a Euro, when you do the exchange rate, that one Euro would take care of any inter-city journey at that time in Nigeria.
Now this is what the IMF and the clueless western media and their lovers in Nigeria are getting wrong. Salaries are higher in the West, but so is the cost of living. Therefore, it makes no sense to go to town with Africans that are living on less than a dollar a day, because it doesn`t tell the whole story
Another point has to do with the question you are raising here. When you scream minimum wage, who and who are collecting what? These are answers that are not on goggle. The discrimination that comes with the minimum wage is not on goggle. You asked the right question.

Y don't we just live in huts then to further stretch our salaries

Ediot

Fvcking enemy of ur own brothers, bastard!

1 Like

Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by teamsynergy: 8:01am On Feb 11, 2017
ATERI:

I`m always relaxed when people that are talking Nigeria down have never left Nigeria before. You can learn on goggle but not the context and reality. The very first room I rented in Europe cost me 200 Euro. Well, in Nigeria as an undergraduate I was paying 50 Naira for the room of the same size. In any food kiosk in Nigeria, I would only pay for fried rice, water would come with it free of charge, In Europe no free water, you have to buy it. In Europe, I can`t remember a bus ride that cost less than a Euro, when you do the exchange rate, that one Euro would take care of any inter-city journey at that time in Nigeria.
Now this is what the IMF and the clueless western media and their lovers in Nigeria are getting wrong. Salaries are higher in the West, but so is the cost of living. Therefore, it makes no sense to go to town with Africans that are living on less than a dollar a day, because it doesn`t tell the whole story
Another point has to do with the question you are raising here. When you scream minimum wage, who and who are collecting what? These are answers that are not on goggle. The discrimination that comes with the minimum wage is not on goggle. You asked the right question.
if the cost of living here is lower, why did u leave for Europe with a higher cost of living?.... there is no wia in Nigeria where u pay #50naira for a room, not anymore. the ease of making money where u r is not comparable to what obtains here.... #18k is too small for so called giant of africa, it like #600 per day, that's absurd.... if our political class could earn what dia counterparts in Europe earn, y cant the masses too enjoy d same luxury?...I know our issues r beyond minimum wage, still the minimum wage needs to be increased.... most countries with high minimum wage r very liveable countries, Uganda with the lowest minimum wage is a shithole.... so I guess the higher d beta.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by Hades2016(m): 8:02am On Feb 11, 2017
Nigeria is fvcked up cry
Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 11, 2017
Afriifa:

When you chose a political PARTY in place of the right CANDIDATE who is from another political party what do you expect?

When you decides to vote for geopolitical reasons instead of National interest, what do you expect?

When you chose to follow TRIBAL candidate instead of the BEST man for the job, what do you expect?

Forgetting the fact that POVERTY, CRIME, HUNGER ETC. Does not respect your so called TRIBE, RELIGION, GEOPOLITICAL ZONES, and yes even your "PARTY".
You wrote my mind. God bless you

1 Like

Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by seguno2: 8:04am On Feb 11, 2017
The minimum wage ALONE is not the issue.
The bogus wage gap with politicians and their Aides needs to be tamed.
No politician should earn more than 5 times the highest for equivalent civil service grade.
Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by teamsynergy: 8:08am On Feb 11, 2017
Afriifa:

oga, u r only making excuses for our failed system... mention one political figure u feel wud av made a difference.. I lost hope already, cos our judiciary which is supposed to be our last hope is even worse that d political elites sef... this country needs a total overhauling....
Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 11, 2017
All hail naija, the g*ANT of africa!
This d.amn country is fast heading south!
#we can't continue like this!

2 Likes

Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by teamsynergy: 8:12am On Feb 11, 2017
Arise001:
Op, going by the current exchange rate , I think it's $35.8.
$1 = 503
$35.8 = #18,000
$60 =#30,180
its shameful and our politicians r living like Europeans here...
Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 11, 2017
ATERI:

oga just look at yourself, you're as brain-dead as those 10 people giving you likes

Ok if say our standard is living is ok, why did you live Nigeria for Europe? undecided

People like you is what is keeping our country this way,

Our people go over there and start sending stuffs home and build houses here, if actually the standard of living is so high, why do they save better than we do here?

You're just hating on your brothers and want no progress here,, hypocrisy at this highest level

Your family should disown you for this statement,

3 Likes

Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:34am On Feb 11, 2017
Swizdoe:
How can 18k be 60$ when a dollar is #500...

This peeps must be damn crazy for using the official rate

LOL wetin concern Govt with black market rates? Did they pay civil servant to go an convert it to $$?
Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by nwosu35: 8:35am On Feb 11, 2017
omenkaLives:
Please quote me when you are ready to sound like a human being with a functional brain. It disgusts me when i see nonsense in my mentions. Is jonathan your father? What the fhuck is your business whose name i mention or dont i have the right to speak my mind anymore because your god is involved?

Go look for people of like minds with you and banter with them for as long as you like and leave me the hell alone- i dont owe you or anyone like you any apology.

Nonsense.

Jonathan was a failure and remains a failure. Any idiot who doesnt like me saying so can go to hell.

U don't av facts, u only read wht u ar been feed as a baby and u know what u cannot grow but this ur silly attitude of condemning someone, He can't be ur father and u can't be his child u lack sense, let me give u some points atleast l work with the federal govt on power sector and by God's help am close to these two administration, it can never be compared, even u that is talking do u even feed fine, check or look at our power stations like Alaogi, Egbeme, Omoku and Gbarain wht is happening, look our lines we inject some MW into the grid and u will be told that the grid is low bt. . . . Make l no talk that one, guy to be sincere get ur facts if l see pple like you these days l just smile for their foolishness, may God help urs cus our country is nose diving if something is not done.

3 Likes

Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by fuckpro: 9:05am On Feb 11, 2017
WINNERMENTALITY:

U spoke my mind. Without this country dividing people will still vote along, tribal, religious, political and economical reason and that's the problem of this country.. Whenevr time for Voting comes we forget the better canditate and go for our own even though its clear our own is not better.
... Not true Jonathan was a weak leader and showed no commitment toward fight against financial mismanagement that's why Buhari the lesser devil was voted ...remember June 12 Abiola won above tribal sentiment
Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by Elliot2(m): 9:08am On Feb 11, 2017
omenkaLives:
Please quote me when you are ready to sound like a human being with a functional brain. It disgusts me when i see nonsense in my mentions. Is jonathan your father? What the fhuck is your business whose name i mention or dont i have the right to speak my mind anymore because your god is involved?

Nonsense.

when u guys start talking like this,one would think Nigeria had been a first class before gej came. smh

2 Likes

Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by Yugoos: 9:11am On Feb 11, 2017
N18000 =36$ not $60 grin grin

2 Likes

Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by ezechinwa2: 9:14am On Feb 11, 2017
omenkaLives:

Nonsense.

If Jonathan was a failure then how will you score buhari.?

2 Likes

Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by Blaqsuqar: 9:23am On Feb 11, 2017
Nigeria...smh
Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by Orikinla1: 9:34am On Feb 11, 2017
Afriifa:

Definitely Re-tards are stupid people.
What has APC got to do with the minimum wage introduced during the administrations of the former national ruling party, PDP.
Why did the PDP government fail to crease the minimum wage when Nigeria was having so much money from high oil prices of US$100 per barrel?
Now you are condemning the new government of the APC that is not even two years old in office for not increasing the minimum wage when oil prices have crashed to below US$55?
Are you all right?
And those liking your stupid comment are equally stupid?

Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by Ngokafor(f): 9:36am On Feb 11, 2017
ATERI:

...I hope you have relocated to Nigeria though after this story or else....hmm undecided

2 Likes

Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by arena07: 9:38am On Feb 11, 2017
desquad:
oga just look at yourself, you're as brain-dead as those 10 people giving you likes

Ok if say our standard is living is ok, why did you live Nigeria for Europe? undecided

People like you is what is keeping our country this way,

Our people go over there and start sending stuffs home and build houses here, if actually the standard of living is so high, why do they save better than we do here?

You're just hating on your brothers and want no progress here,, hypocrisy at this highest level

Your family should disown you for this statement,
God bless you for this comments the guy is seriously sick

2 Likes

Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by toluvibe: 9:40am On Feb 11, 2017
I think the writer of the article would be a fool....when the budget of Dis sucking country was prepared on $ blackmarket.....why making the minimum wage on official $ price.....yeye writer...naija minimum wage is 18000 ($36) and not the yeye conversion quoted by Dis daft writer...

1 Like

Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by 14(m): 9:54am On Feb 11, 2017
escapefromusa:
Is this wage for white south africans or black south africans with 66% unemployment rate ... grin

There is no white or black South Africans, its for all South Africans including foreigners.

3 Likes

Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by 14(m): 10:16am On Feb 11, 2017
Teejava:
That's almost five times more than Nigeria's.
Big shame.

South Africa has more buying power than Nigeria. Comparing the 2 is like comparing an apple with a watermelon. South Africa beat Nigeria in every economic indicies, except GDP(which is debateable) because of the pegged Naira vs Floated Rand. You can just imagine if Nigeria float its currency just like South Africa, the Naira will move to N500, as a result, putting Nigeria as the 3rd biggest economy in Africa. So the current biggest economy in Africa status is artificial, not the true reflection of the real economy on the ground. Put that into consideration before you make any judgement.

1 Like

Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by ayomiDRLmoney: 11:05am On Feb 11, 2017
Buy ur ​TBC at ​affordable​ price now...Call/whatsapp 07062474363 or 09068750167 ​ ASAP​​ If u are serious u can av a taste ​free​.. ​NO BE EVERYONE DEY SCAM OKAY​... ​ ​Face to face​ transaction​ if u are buying plenty.... Serious minded only ​​just 1k per coin​​
Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 11, 2017
Minimum wage in Naija should be increased to N35,000.
Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by greatermax77(m): 11:48am On Feb 11, 2017
Nigeria Government & her politicians are enemy of the people.
welfare of thier citizenes means nothing to them.
Take home pay of workers is nothing to write home about, the day my friend who is a police sergent told me that he has served upto seventeen years in Npf & his take home pay not upto fifty thousand naira, I wept for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 11, 2017
omenkaLives:

Nonsense.

and Buhari is not a failure. stop spilling trash.
Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by Snwokenk: 1:11pm On Feb 11, 2017
Nigeria's minimum wage is not $60. But rather closer to $35 using the real exchange rate of 500

1 Like

Re: While Nigeria’s Minimum Wage Stands At $60, South Africa Introduces $260 Minimum by teebell999(m): 1:16pm On Feb 11, 2017
Afriifa:

Kai don't go there!!! Jonathan has been promising to implement the new minimum wage stuff 2 years b4 d end of his regime. Now you guys want to put it on d new govt. Tah!!! It won't work here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. / As FG, Labour Begin Negotiations On New Minimum Wage / What Did Your Company Give For Christmas Essenco.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.