Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

African World Cup Without African Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / African World Cup Without African Coach (613 Views)

African World Cup Play-off Draws Held / All Group Standings...african World Cup Qualifiers!!! / African World Cup Qualifiers Standings, Results And Fixtures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African World Cup Without African Coach by yousouph(m): 9:49am On Dec 05, 2009
We are excited that our generation will be witnessing The World Cup on African soil. The players that will play at the mundial are already savouring the prospect of making history for theirselves and countries but same cannot be assured of any indigenous coach leading his team to make history in South Africa. Nigeria is the only nation with local coach now but with no guarantee of participating at the World Cup with all the rumours of a foreign coach in the pipeline. Although his technical inabilities is a concern to millions of fanatic NIGERIANS but anyway you look at it, i belief its a shame if we cant see an African team with local coach in SA.
Re: African World Cup Without African Coach by saintneo(m): 10:06am On Dec 05, 2009
yousouph:

We are excited that our generation will be witnessing The World Cup on African soil. The players that will play at the mundial are already savouring the prospect of making history for theirselves and countries but same cannot be assured of any indigenous coach leading his team to make history in South Africa. Nigeria is the only nation with local coach now but with no guarantee of participating at the World Cup with all the rumours of a foreign coach in the pipeline. Although his technical inabilities is a concern to millions of fanatic NIGERIANS but anyway you look at it, i belief its a shame if we cant see an African team with local coach in SA.

Amodu will pilot Nigeria, we have been through this path previously. My reasons are:
- Nigeria never lost a match during qualifying stages
- Vivdly, the first stage was 100% for the super eagles, beating every team home-&-away including the hosts.
- Even though the second stage started with pressure, we finally became successful on the last day. 66.7%
- A foreign coach except Westerhof cannot adapt within 6months.
- Let's not forget the last German that we hired - he was very non-chanlant to Nigerian football - even Chief Onigbinde defeated him in a friendly match.
- Westerhof is the only possible candiadte if I were to pick a foreign coach, he knows the Nigerian football in and out, and he has coached nigeria to glorious triumphs; however, we need to put faith in our locals as well.
- Amodu has qualified Nigeria for twoo world cups and he didnt take part in the the first one.; its right to give a chance now to prove his intelligence.

No team has ever won the worldcup without local coach, we have to do the same.
Re: African World Cup Without African Coach by folem: 10:19am On Dec 05, 2009
Rabah Saadane The Algerian coach is also African.

He also led Algeria to 1986 World Cup.
Re: African World Cup Without African Coach by yousouph(m): 11:17am On Dec 05, 2009
My apology on writing only NIGERIA with local coach
Re: African World Cup Without African Coach by ayusco: 1:07pm On Dec 06, 2009
dude u are spot on. do know that amodu was the only black coach @ the world cup draws? being african i'm proud we are leading the way in entrusting one of our own with a huge assignment such as the world cup. yes amodu is tactically deficent but like some one wrote sia1 can be drafted to the coaching team
Re: African World Cup Without African Coach by yousouph(m): 1:14pm On Dec 06, 2009
I doubt NFF will do that except a disaster at the NATIONS CUP
Re: African World Cup Without African Coach by babypalm77: 3:08pm On Dec 07, 2009
Finally, i think it just a product of some people mischief, that made them to think that Amodu should not reap where he had already sown. Lets trust our own local coaches and the sky will be the limit

(1) (Reply)

Should Tiger Woods Wife Collect $80 Million Or Rather Go For Divorce / African Teams, 2010 World Cup Venues / Great Opportunity Knocking On For Players Who Want Clubs Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.