Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,641 members, 7,801,867 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? (12822 Views)

Was Jesus Born On Christmas Day? / Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? / In What Year Was Jesus Born? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by wirinet(m): 2:57pm On Dec 05, 2009
The Traditional story of the birth of Jesus was that he was born in a manger in Bethlehem on their way to be counted in a census, because all the inns(hotels) were filled. Immediately after birth, three wise men from the east, lead by a moving star, brought in gifts of Frankincense, myrrh and gold for the child, and then left.

Now lets see what the Bible says;

Matthew 2:11
And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshiped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.
Matthew told us that the parents of Jesus went to Bethlehem to fulfill what was written by the prophets and not because of any census and did not tell us why they were in the house.

Luke 2:1-9
1And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed.

2(And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)

3And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.

4And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of Davidsmiley

5To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.

6And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.

7And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

8And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

9And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

Luke on the other hand told us that Jesus was laid in a manger after he was born because the the inn (hotel) was full. So it was not specific Jesus was actually born in the manger.

But Luke story has some problems;

Since the Romans were taxing the whole world, could they not be taxed in their town of residence, why the need to go to Bethlehem just to pay tax?

If Joseph is really from the house of David in Bethlehem, why did he have to stay in a hotel? What happened to his family and his family house. And why did he not meet any members of his royal family in Bethlehem to help him out?

How come Mary was able to give birth to a child in an ordinary stable in the dead of winter, without any mid-wife or doctor?. Under such circumstances, it would be difficult for mother and child to survive the delivery.

How come we were not told if they were actually taxed, as that was the principal reason of braving the cold to come to Bethlehem in the first place.

Who owned the stable they were said to be staying, and where were the horses that should be sheltering in their stables, because this is the middle of winter.

How come in the same country we have shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night, in the middle of winter. Both Shepherd and flocks would freeze to death.

Mark and Luke on the other hand did not have any story about the birth of Christ, they began their stories with adult Jesus.

So which are we to believe? was Jesus born in a house or in a Manger?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 05, 2009
christianity and fables,i just wonder why human being would survive WINTER then,talkmore of  labour in the WINTER,and how on earth will sherpherd be watching his flock of sheep OUTSIDE IN THE COLD WINTER,

I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THOSE THAT CHANGED GOD'S MESSAGE FOR A LITTLE GAIN,WOE TO THEM AS SAID BY GOD(ALLAH)
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Image123(m): 5:38pm On Dec 05, 2009
Why! Unbelievers are getting more ignorant by the hour. Why does this forum compel into all this commonsense stuff. I hardly find real things.
Wirinet, you expect the baby and its parents to stay in the manger forever? They went into the manger because there was no room in the inn/guesthouse. You've quoted it already! They were traveling and Mary went into labour. And Jesus was not born in Canada. I wonder where people get this 'winter' thing. SOP?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 05, 2009
read your bible and u will know it was in the winter she had jesus
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by naijacutee(f): 12:22am On Dec 06, 2009
Please, don't be silly.

Here is the dictionary definition of the word "manger".

man⋅ger
–noun
1. a box or trough in a stable or barn from which horses or cattle eat.

Commonsense alone should tell us that if animals eat from a manger, it would be located  in a house or enclosure to keep the animal feed dry/protected from rain. It would be sheer stupidity to permanently locate a box or trough of animal food outside.

Perhaps, you are strategically interpreting house as solely a place where people live. Here are the first 10 dictionary definitions for the word "house". (Please pay attention to 7)

house
–noun
1. a building in which people live; residence for human beings.
2. a household.
3. (often initial capital letter) a family, including ancestors and descendants: the great houses of France; the House of Hapsburg.
4. a building for any purpose: a house of worship.
5. a theater, concert hall, or auditorium: a vaudeville house.
6. the audience of a theater or the like.
7. a place of shelter for an animal, bird, etc.
8. the building in which a legislative or official deliberative body meets.
9. (initial capital letter) the body itself, esp. of a bicameral legislature: the House of Representatives.
10. a quorum of such a body.

Thus Jesus was born in a manger, in a house. Even two people reporting the same piece of news use different words. In this case, one writer chooses to mention the manger, another write chooses to mention the house. . . I don't see the problem.

If I go to Oshodi market and someone asks my mum where I am she could say "Oshodi". If that person asks my brother the same question, he could say "market". I would not expect that that person one get confused by these two answers, unless of course he has a very very low IQ and is unable to process information intelligently. Or unless he has an agenda.

Please try again. We don't even need to open Bible for this one.

Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by naijacutee(f): 12:31am On Dec 06, 2009
uplawal:

christianity and fables,i just wonder why human being would survive WINTER then,talkmore of  labour in the WINTER,and how on earth will sherpherd be watching his flock of sheep OUTSIDE IN THE COLD WINTER,

I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THOSE THAT CHANGED GOD'S MESSAGE FOR A LITTLE GAIN,WOE TO THEM AS SAID BY GOD(ALLAH)

Who are you, not to forgive? That is a very arrogant thing to say - especially to someone who has not offended you directly. Have you been appointed by your god to fight for him? Did he tell you he couldn't fight for himself? I don't know much about your religion, even though I would like to learn but you seem to be suggesting that you are more powerful than your god, thus he has appointed you his warrior? If this is not what you intended to portray, then please correct me if I'm wrong.

And going back to your question, please let us not twist statements around for our own gain. (Especially as we find this an unforgiveable offence). I'm sure by now we can agree that Jesus was born smewhere in the country of Israel. I don't want to go into a whole bunch of history, but please bear in mind that Israel is around the Middle East, and winter temperatures range between 5 and 18 degrees Celsius - a period considered Autumn in temperate countries.  And this is even if Jesus was born in the winter. There is no evidence that Jesus was born in the winter, and the Bible does not say that He was born at this time, as you have stated. (Please search all 20 English translations on BibleGateway, and show me where this was said).

uplawal:

read your bible and u will know it was in the winter she had jesus

I also do not like it when people change God's word to suit themselves, but don't worry I forgive you - you were only trying to gain a little argument.

Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by mazaje(m): 12:35am On Dec 06, 2009
"Raymond Brown points out that the Gospels present two very different accounts:[31] the Gospel of Matthew relates the appearance of an angel, in a dream, to Joseph; the wise men from the east; the massacre of the innocents; and the flight to Egypt. The Gospel of Luke mentions none of these but describes the conception and birth of John the Baptist; the appearance of an angel to Mary; the worldwide census; the birth in a manger, and the choir of angels; none of these is mentioned in Matthew.]32] Brown also emphasizes the contradictions between the accounts, which explain the birth in Bethlehem in different ways (Luke says they lived in Nazareth and only moved to Bethlehem briefly for the census, Matthew implies that they lived in Bethlehem and only moved to Nazareth on their return from Egypt);[33] give two different genealogies of Jesus,[34] and appear to use a contradictory time frame (Matthew's account places the birth during the reign of Herod the Great, who died in 4 BC, but Luke dates it to the census of Quirinius ten years after Herod's death).[35]

As a result, many scholars see the nativity stories either as completely fictional accounts,[36][37] or at least constructed from traditions which predate the Gospels.[38] Brown, for instance, who observes that "it is unlikely that either account is completely historical",[1] suggests that the account in Matthew is based on an earlier narrative patterned on traditions about the birth of Moses.[39]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nativity_of_Jesus#Gospel_of_Luke
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by mazaje(m): 12:38am On Dec 06, 2009
uplawal:

Will you pls SHUT UP and be quite? Have you ever wondered how the prophet mohammed divided the moon into two and made it bow down to him without people in other parts of the world seeing? You think your own arabic myths and fables make more sense to jewish myths and fables?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by naijacutee(f): 1:21am On Dec 06, 2009
mazaje:

"Raymond Brown points out that the Gospels present two very different accounts:[31] the Gospel of Matthew relates the appearance of an angel, in a dream, to Joseph; the wise men from the east; the massacre of the innocents; and the flight to Egypt. The Gospel of Luke mentions none of these but describes the conception and birth of John the Baptist; the appearance of an angel to Mary; the worldwide census; the birth in a manger, and the choir of angels; none of these is mentioned in Matthew.]32] Brown also emphasizes the contradictions between the accounts, which explain the birth in Bethlehem in different ways (Luke says they lived in Nazareth and only moved to Bethlehem briefly for the census, Matthew implies that they lived in Bethlehem and only moved to Nazareth on their return from Egypt);[33] give two different genealogies of Jesus,[34] and appear to use a contradictory time frame (Matthew's account places the birth during the reign of Herod the Great, who died in 4 BC, but Luke dates it to the census of Quirinius ten years after Herod's death).[35]

As a result, many scholars see the nativity stories either as completely fictional accounts,[36][37] or at least constructed from traditions which predate the Gospels.[38] Brown, for instance, who observes that "it is unlikely that either account is completely historical",[1] suggests that the account in Matthew is based on an earlier narrative patterned on traditions about the birth of Moses.[39]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nativity_of_Jesus#Gospel_of_Luke

In 2008, a British girl died in Goa. Here are two different newspaper reports on the case

Report 1
PANAJI: Goa Police said its investigations reveal that the British teen-aged girl Scarlett Keeling died due to drug overdose and drowning in beach water. (Times of India)
http://sify.com/news/scarlett-died-due-to-drug-overdose-drowning-news-national-jegnzDehjhb.html

Report 2
New Delhi: Goa Police claim to have solved the controversial Scarlette Keeling despoil and murder case with the arrest of a second suspect on Wednesday night. (IBN Live)
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/scarlette-was-despoiled-twice-and-left-to-drown-cops/61074-3.html

In this day and age of advanced technology and equipment, we still have two different reports of one event. Because these reports don't use the same language, or even say the same thing, would it be rational to say that this young girl Scarlett never existed in the first place, never went to Goa, never died and thus the story is merely fictional? It would be completely irrational and myopic for anyone to come to such a conclusion (unless of course he has a different agenda).
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by DeepSight(m): 1:35am On Dec 06, 2009
Naijacutee, you have nailed away the weak points made by mazaje and wirinet in decisive terms. Well done.

Even if the supposed contradiction mooted by wirinet is actually a contradiction (and the jury is still out on that) i cannot see how it is a relevant or decisive contradiction worthy of mention.
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by mazaje(m): 12:07pm On Dec 06, 2009
naijacutee:

In 2008, a British girl died in Goa. Here are two different newspaper reports on the case

Report 1
PANAJI: Goa Police said its investigations reveal that the British teen-aged girl Scarlett Keeling died due to drug overdose and drowning in beach water. (Times of India)
http://sify.com/news/scarlett-died-due-to-drug-overdose-drowning-news-national-jegnzDehjhb.html

Report 2
New Delhi: Goa Police claim to have solved the controversial Scarlette Keeling despoil and murder case with the arrest of a second suspect on Wednesday night. (IBN Live)
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/scarlette-was-despoiled-twice-and-left-to-drown-cops/61074-3.html

In this day and age of advanced technology and equipment, we still have two different reports of one event. Because these reports don't use the same language, or even say the same thing, would it be rational to say that this young girl Scarlett never existed in the first place, never went to Goa, never died and thus the story is merely fictional? It would be completely irrational and myopic for anyone to come to such a conclusion (unless of course he has a different agenda).

I will assume that you are kidding. . . .The two reports if you bother to read where not the same one report talked about how the girl might have died and the other talked about the on going investigation. . . .That is VERY different from the story of the birth of Jesus. . .according to the bible an all knowing god himself inspired people to write such a VERY contradictory story. . . .Mathew said that Jesus was born when Herod the great was king Luke said Jesus was born when Quirinius was governor of syria and decided to take a census. . . . but the problem is that Quirinius did not become governor of Syria until 10 years after the death of Herod. So when really was jesus born? When Herod was king or 10 years later when Quirinius became governor of Syria?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by mazaje(m): 12:09pm On Dec 06, 2009
Deep Sight:

Naijacutee, you have nailed away the weak points made by mazaje and wirinet in decisive terms. Well done.

Even if the supposed contradiction mooted by wirinet is actually a contradiction (and the jury is still out on that) i cannot see how it is a relevant or decisive contradiction worthy of mention.

Matthew's account places the birth during the reign of Herod the Great, who died in 4 BC, but Luke dates it to the census of Quirinius ten years after Herod's death. How is that NOT a decisive contradiction? Yet people are supposed to believe that these stories were written by eye witnesses who were inspired by an all knowing deity? . If they failed to get the right date or period of birth what else did they get wrong?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2009
wirinet:

The Traditional story of the birth of Jesus was that he was born in a manger in Bethlehem on their way to be counted in a census, because all the inns(hotels) were filled. Immediately after birth, three wise men from the east, lead by a moving star, brought in gifts of Frankincense, myrrh and gold for the child, and then left.

Before you begin to sniff for holes in the nativity story I will suggest that you look at your own backside that has been exposed by your assumptions.

[list]
[li]Who told you that there were three wise men from the east?[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]Where did you get the idea that the wise men came to the manger where Jesus was born?[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]Who told you that Jesus was a baby when the wise men came to the house?[/li]
[/list]

This is not evolution theory were you are allowed to speculate and assume, these are historical facts.

Get your facts together before you send people on a wild goose chase.
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Image123(m): 2:16pm On Dec 06, 2009
Hopefully, it's been settled now that Jesus was born in a manger and visited in a house. Just a familiar as being born in an hospital and receiving 'wellwishers' at home,even that same day in some cases
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:55am On Dec 07, 2009
Image123:

Hopefully, it's been settled now that Jesus was born in a manger and visited in a house. Just a familiar as being born in an hospital and receiving 'wellwishers' at home,even that same day in some cases

A lot of people have been taking the nativity story forgranted assuming what is not accurate.  The fact that shepherds visited Jesus in the manger has been confused with the wise men (how many was not stated) who visited Jesus in the house when Jesus was about two years of age.  Folks just take it forgranted that they know the story and go on to make spurious claims that they have found holes in the story.  The earlier we read the scriptures meditatively the better it will be for us and our generation.
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by Image123(m): 12:24pm On Dec 07, 2009
You dey mind them? When they're used to 'prophetic' meetings and praisco gatherings, instead of Bible studies. You reap what you sow.
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:28pm On Dec 07, 2009
Image123:

You dey mind them? When they're used to 'prophetic' meetings and praisco gatherings, instead of Bible studies. You reap what you sow.

Don't be surprised that most religious folks make the same mistakes and when they become disillusioned they then become atheists, agnostics or New Agers.
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by mazaje(m): 12:37pm On Dec 07, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

A lot of people have been taking the nativity story forgranted assuming what is not accurate. The fact that shepherds visited Jesus in the manger has been confused with the wise men (how many was not stated) who visited Jesus in the house when Jesus was about two years of age. [/b]Folks just take it forgranted that they know the story and go on to make spurious claims that they have found holes in the story. The earlier we read the scriptures meditatively the better it will be for us and our generation.

Where does the bible say that the Magi visited jesus when[b] he was about two years old
?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:49pm On Dec 07, 2009
mazaje:

Where does the bible say that the Magi visited jesus when[b] he was about two years old[/b]?

Read the Bible, it has all the answers.
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by mazaje(m): 12:52pm On Dec 07, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Read the Bible, it has all the answers.

I have read the story too and there is NOTHING like that in the story. . . . Pls prove me wrong and show me where it says that the Magi visited jesus when he was two years old. . . . That shouldn't be a difficult thing for you no?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by mazaje(m): 1:25pm On Dec 07, 2009
OLAADEGBU Pls don't keep me waiting for so long where is it written that the magi visited jesus[b] when he was two years old[/b]?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:30pm On Dec 07, 2009
mazaje:

OLAADEGBU Pls don't keep me waiting for so long where is it written that the magi visited jesus[b] when he was two years old[/b]?

mazaje:

I have read the story too and there is NOTHING like that in the story. . . . Pls prove me wrong and show me where it says that the Magi visited jesus when he was two years old. . . . That shouldn't be a difficult thing for you no?

If religious folks still have misconceptions about the nativity story why will I expect an atheist who doesn't believe in the existence of God to get it right? Your first assignment is to get a good KJV Bible and then read it paying attention to details then you will know how old Jesus was when the Magi came to pay a visit.
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:37pm On Dec 07, 2009
@mazaje,

Remember to check up on the number of Magi (wise men from the east), when and where they visited i.e. was it in the manger or a house, and how old Jesus was when they visited.
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by mazaje(m): 1:39pm On Dec 07, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

If religious folks still have misconceptions about the nativity story why will I expect an atheist who doesn't believe in the existence of God to get it right?  Your first assignment is to get a good KJV Bible and then read it paying attention to details then you will know how old Jesus was when the Magi came to pay a visit.

I read it and I did not see it any where, all I saw in the KJV were reports about a non historical event. Can you show me where it is written that the magi visited jesus when he was two years old?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by mazaje(m): 1:41pm On Dec 07, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

@mazaje,

Remember to check up on the number of Magi (wise men from the east), when and where they visited i.e. was it in the manger or a house, and how old Jesus was when they visited.

Mary according to the story gave birth to jesus in a house and placed him in a manger that was inside the house. So how can the Magi visit a manger
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:51pm On Dec 07, 2009
mazaje:

Mary according to the story gave birth to jesus in a house and placed him in a manger that was inside the house. So how can the Magi visit a manger

mazaje:

I read it and I did not see it any where, all I saw in the KJV were reports about a non historical event. Can you show me where it is written that the magi visited jesus when he was two years old?

Do you see what I mean?  Why don't you quote where you found the "cock and bull" stories you are referring to and let us continue from there.
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by mazaje(m): 2:07pm On Dec 07, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Do you see what I mean?  Why don't you quote where you found the "cock and bull" stories you are referring to and let us continue from there.

I got it from the bible. . . Where did you get your own Idea that the Migi visited Jesus when he was two years old.?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:13pm On Dec 07, 2009
mazaje:

I got it from the bible. . . Where did you get your own Idea that the Migi visited Jesus when he was two years old.?

Anyone can claim that they got it from the bible, why don't you quote the chapter and verse if you are sure that it was not a grapevine saying?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by mazaje(m): 2:26pm On Dec 07, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Anyone can claim that they got it from the bible, why don't you quote the chapter and verse if you are sure that it was not a grapevine saying?

This is called shifting the burden. . .You said "The fact that shepherds visited Jesus in the manger has been confused with the wise men (how many was not stated) who visited Jesus in the house when Jesus was about two years of age. "

Where is this part written in the bible. . . .I admit that I was only trying to reconcile the two VERY different accounts in matthew and luke which have nothing to do with each other by the way because they were written very differently and are not even reporting the same thing. Matthew has jesus being born(When herod was king) 10 years before Luke(when  Quirinius was governor of Syria). . .
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:37pm On Dec 07, 2009
mazaje:

This is called shifting the burden. . .You said "The fact that shepherds visited Jesus in the manger has been confused with the wise men (how many was not stated) who visited Jesus in the house when Jesus was about two years of age. "

Where is this part written in the bible. . . .I admit that I was only trying to reconcile the two VERY different accounts in matthew and luke which have nothing to do with each other by the way because they were written very differently and are not even reporting the same thing. Matthew has jesus being born(When herod was king) 10 years before Luke(when Quirinius was governor of Syria). . .

The onus is on you my friend. You that claim that there is no God, that the Bible is full of holes, that the account is not accurate etc. If you cannot get your facts right in little things why do you expect me to take other assumptions of yours serious. All I asked was for you to quote what you alleged in your post before I explain what you don't understand, is that too much for you to do?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by mazaje(m): 2:42pm On Dec 07, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

The onus is on you my friend. You that claim that there is no God, that the Bible is full of holes, that the account is not accurate etc. If you cannot get your facts right in little things why do you expect me to take other assumptions of yours serious. All I asked was for you to quote what you alleged in your post before I explain what you don't understand, is that too much for you to do?

You are being dishonet here my friend. . .You said that the Magi visited Jesus when he was about two years old. . .will you show me where it is written in the bible that Jesus was two years old when the migi visited him? YES OR NO?
Re: Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:52pm On Dec 07, 2009
mazaje:

You are being dishonet here my friend. . .You said that the Magi visited Jesus when he was about two years old. . .will you show me where it is written in the bible that Jesus was two years old when the migi visited him? YES OR NO?

Yes, I will "show you" when you quote from scriptures what you alleged as the nativity story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Actual Date Of Ileya Festival / Preachers And Pastors Receiving Monthly Salary For Preaching The Gospel. / Is Pastor Kumuyi Really A Human Being?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.