Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Please Who Else Applied For The World Bank Scholarship For Undergraduates - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Who Else Applied For The World Bank Scholarship For Undergraduates (2567 Views)

Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Programmes 2019/2020 / 2017 UNION BANK Scholarship Awards For All Undergraduate [#250,000 To Be Won] / The Pan African World Bank Scholarship Is A Scam! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Who Else Applied For The World Bank Scholarship For Undergraduates by deedrizzie: 12:55pm On Feb 10, 2017
Dear ADE,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected by the World Bank to receive the 2017 Pan African Undergraduate Scholarship.

This scholarship was established to recognise registered full‐time students enrolled in Nigeria institutions and was made possible by the World Bank. We are sure that this scholarship will support you in the completion of your educational goals.

This scholarship will be paid through a World Bank prepaid card that will be sent directly to you through your institution department from the 15th of March, 2017 with a letter indicating that it can be used for tuition fees, or books, and should be treated as a scholarship of additional funds to you, not simply to “replace” other college funds given in your financial packet.

Award Processing
The following information is required in order to process your scholarship award. The scholarship award prepaid debit card cannot be issued until this information is received by us:
Scan and forward to us the award letter attached with this mail, with your name and signature clearly written below the address of the letter.
Your Completed Application payment code receipt for the World Bank Prepaid Master Card which costs #1,275.00 (One thousand, two hundred & seventy five naira only. (See below on how to apply for the prepaid card if you don't have a valid prepaid Master Card powered by World Bank.)
The telephone number of your academic adviser or parents.
Your telephone number.

If we do not receive the requested information before February 15, 2017, the scholarship may be rescinded.

Application for WB Prepaid Master Card through Interswitch Nigeria
The World Bank Prepaid Master Card costs #1,275.00 (One thousand, two hundred & seventy-five Naira only) and can be applied through Interswitch Nigeria pay-point.

Visit any ATM Stand.
At the ATM,
Select Quickteller,
Select Pay Bills,
Select Others,
Enter 422 as the Payment Code,
Enter 2348174273 as your Customer Ref. Number
(2381742 is Interswitch Nigeria Virtual Pay-point Ref. Number).
Select #1275 as the amount and then follow the prompts to complete the transaction.

Ensure you apply immediately for the Prepaid Card before the February 15, 2017 award process flow deadline.

Deferment of Scholarship:
Scholarships may be deferred for no longer than 1 year in extenuating circumstances provided the college or university also grants a deferral for the same time period. Awardees who want to defer this scholarship must contact us in writing stating why they wish to defer and when they intend to enroll. Our staff may request additional information or proof of extenuating circumstances and reserve the right to deny the request, in which case the awardee forfeits the scholarship.

Please feel free to contact us immediately if your school plans change or you have a change of address.

Congratulations again on receiving this award and good luck with your studies.

Junaid Ahmad

World Bank Scholarships
Pan-African edition, 2017
Nigeria.

Sent: 30 January 2017 09:08:53
To: wbscholarships@outlook.com
Subject: World Bank Pan affrican scholarship application

Please, find attached my scanned documents for the scholarship application. Thank You

please, i just received this mail... does anyone know abt this scholarship and how real it actually is? thanks in anticipation. Please Mods, help push this to FP... help a brother avoid being scammed
Re: Please Who Else Applied For The World Bank Scholarship For Undergraduates by Omonoba1: 1:26pm On Feb 10, 2017
SCAM
Re: Please Who Else Applied For The World Bank Scholarship For Undergraduates by mubarak23: 5:50pm On Feb 12, 2017
Also received my mail from them,
Sending my scan copy and payment details tomorrow,
250000 K is mine, if you like call it scam am going pay and watch
Re: Please Who Else Applied For The World Bank Scholarship For Undergraduates by mubarak23: 5:51pm On Feb 12, 2017
deedrizzie:
Dear ADE,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected by the World Bank to receive the 2017 Pan African Undergraduate Scholarship.

This scholarship was established to recognise registered full‐time students enrolled in Nigeria institutions and was made possible by the World Bank. We are sure that this scholarship will support you in the completion of your educational goals.

This scholarship will be paid through a World Bank prepaid card that will be sent directly to you through your institution department from the 15th of March, 2017 with a letter indicating that it can be used for tuition fees, or books, and should be treated as a scholarship of additional funds to you, not simply to “replace” other college funds given in your financial packet.

Award Processing
The following information is required in order to process your scholarship award. The scholarship award prepaid debit card cannot be issued until this information is received by us:
Scan and forward to us the award letter attached with this mail, with your name and signature clearly written below the address of the letter.
Your Completed Application payment code receipt for the World Bank Prepaid Master Card which costs #1,275.00 (One thousand, two hundred & seventy five naira only. (See below on how to apply for the prepaid card if you don't have a valid prepaid Master Card powered by World Bank.)
The telephone number of your academic adviser or parents.
Your telephone number.

If we do not receive the requested information before February 15, 2017, the scholarship may be rescinded.

Application for WB Prepaid Master Card through Interswitch Nigeria
The World Bank Prepaid Master Card costs #1,275.00 (One thousand, two hundred & seventy-five Naira only) and can be applied through Interswitch Nigeria pay-point.

Visit any ATM Stand.
At the ATM,
Select Quickteller,
Select Pay Bills,
Select Others,
Enter 422 as the Payment Code,
Enter 2348174273 as your Customer Ref. Number
(2381742 is Interswitch Nigeria Virtual Pay-point Ref. Number).
Select #1275 as the amount and then follow the prompts to complete the transaction.

Ensure you apply immediately for the Prepaid Card before the February 15, 2017 award process flow deadline.

Deferment of Scholarship:
Scholarships may be deferred for no longer than 1 year in extenuating circumstances provided the college or university also grants a deferral for the same time period. Awardees who want to defer this scholarship must contact us in writing stating why they wish to defer and when they intend to enroll. Our staff may request additional information or proof of extenuating circumstances and reserve the right to deny the request, in which case the awardee forfeits the scholarship.

Please feel free to contact us immediately if your school plans change or you have a change of address.

Congratulations again on receiving this award and good luck with your studies.

Junaid Ahmad

World Bank Scholarships
Pan-African edition, 2017
Nigeria.

Sent: 30 January 2017 09:08:53
To: wbscholarships@outlook.com
Subject: World Bank Pan affrican scholarship application

Please, find attached my scanned documents for the scholarship application. Thank You

please, i just received this mail... does anyone know abt this scholarship and how real it actually is? thanks in anticipation. Please Mods, help push this to FP... help a brother avoid being scammed

If you are in doubt of the scholarship, why did you apply in the first place.
Re: Please Who Else Applied For The World Bank Scholarship For Undergraduates by MhiztaXclusive: 10:14pm On Feb 14, 2017
I've been trying to pay and it's not working... Please what kin of ATM card did you use... Is it Verve or MasterCard? And which bank.
Re: Please Who Else Applied For The World Bank Scholarship For Undergraduates by MizterAccurate(m): 10:37pm On Feb 14, 2017
mubarak23:
But this was exactly the same thing that happened with UNICEF scholarship last year.Try to research more on the scholarship so you don't become the latest victim of this scammers. As for me I'm not paying any dime
Re: Please Who Else Applied For The World Bank Scholarship For Undergraduates by savvy001: 10:49am On Feb 23, 2017
I was sent the same email but I've not been able to make payment
Re: Please Who Else Applied For The World Bank Scholarship For Undergraduates by emotions1: 1:38am On May 18, 2017
mubarak23:
hello I came across this thread and its the same thing bordering me.
i received an email from pan African scholarship on 8th of may that i should deposit 2500 for one ATM of a thing I don't know if this is genuine or not.
and it seems u have received the message earlier,I just want to know how it went.

thank u.
Re: Please Who Else Applied For The World Bank Scholarship For Undergraduates by Nobody: 1:54am On May 18, 2017
People never Learn.

No Genuine Scholarship Program will ask you to PAY shi shi.

It's all Scam

That Mubarak boy who commented above is a young boy of less than 18, in a Remote area in Abuja who is into scamming of people by creating Fake Scholarships and Fake admissions abroad.

Again, NEVER EVER PAY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP. C'mon, use your head for humanity sake, no genuine Scholarship Program will ASK YOU TO PAY A DIME, NEVER.
Re: Please Who Else Applied For The World Bank Scholarship For Undergraduates by emotions1: 1:27am On May 19, 2017
Osinachi1:
People never Learn.

No Genuine Scholarship Program will ask you to PAY shi shi.

It's all Scam

That Mubarak boy who commented above is a young boy of less than 18, in a Remote area in Abuja who is into scamming of people by creating Fake Scholarships and Fake admissions abroad.

Again, NEVER EVER PAY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP. C'mon, use your head for humanity sake, no genuine Scholarship Program will ASK YOU TO PAY A DIME, NEVER.

tank u very much.
I thought as much cos all the scholarships I applied for.none of them ever ask of a dime

I just wanted to confirm this one.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Be The First Sug President Of My School, What Are Your Opinions? / How Federal Government Can Raise Money Through Bet9ja To Pay ASUU / Mass Failure For Unn Biochemistry Department

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.