Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Help With My Hyundai Accent Electricals - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help With My Hyundai Accent Electricals (1555 Views)

My Hyundai Tucson 2008 Fuel Economy / Hyundai Accent Electronic Power Steering Problem / My Hyundai Accent AC Evaporator Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With My Hyundai Accent Electricals by solozo72(m): 7:57pm On Feb 10, 2017
I just replaced the engine of my 2003 Hyundai Accent but my electrician just can't get the electrical right. The car just won't start.

House please help me with a good car electrician to help me please.
Re: Help With My Hyundai Accent Electricals by nurey(m): 10:08pm On Feb 10, 2017
Your explanation is vague.

The last time I checked, a mechanic changes engine not a rewire/electrician. They are supposed to buy same engine and fit the wires as they removed it from the former one.

Explain what starts means? Does the engine crank (the tanyun Yun sound) and doesn't come to life or it just shows light on dash board no crank?

1 Like

Re: Help With My Hyundai Accent Electricals by lonelydora: 3:34am On Feb 11, 2017
More explanation needed.
Re: Help With My Hyundai Accent Electricals by solozo72(m): 8:16am On Feb 11, 2017
I am presently not with the Mechanic so I am stating what he told me via phone.

The engine had been removed a long time ago, about 8months now. I had initially wanted to ring it but felt discouraged and decided to rather buy a complete engine. Meanwhile I had sold the old engine as scrap and the vehicle left like that without engine.

Last week I sent money to the mechanic to get the Engine. He got it, fixed it and said he needed a car electrician to fix the electrical. I called one that I had, who came and tried to fix the electrical but he said that the former engine had one "sensor" while this new one had two "sensors" but that he would see what he can do about it. He went to Ladipo and got another sensor. For two days now he(electrician) had been working on it and yet to get it right.

According to the mechanic, the engine cranks but will not start. The electrician has told me that he wants to consult his boss to know what else he can do.

I feel the electrical guy does not fully understand the vehicle. So I am looking to get another car electrician who is more experienced in this type of vehicle.

Kindly help a brother with the contact details of a good electrical guy please.

PS: The vehicle is in Lagos.
Re: Help With My Hyundai Accent Electricals by mayor2013: 8:50am On Feb 11, 2017
solozo72:

The engine had been removed a long time ago, about 8months now. I had initially wanted to ring it but felt discouraged and decided to rather buy a complete engine. Meanwhile I had sold the old engine as scrap and the vehicle left like that without engine.

Last week I sent money to the mechanic to get the Engine. He got it, fixed it and said he needed a car electrician to fix the electrical. I called one that I had, who came and tried to fix the electrical but he said that the former engine had one "sensor" while this new one had two "sensors" but that he would see what he can do about it. He went to Ladipo and got another sensor. For two days now he(electrician) had been working on it and yet to get it right.

According to the mechanic, the engine cranks but will not start. The electrician has told me that he wants to consult his boss to know what else he can do.

I feel the electrical guy does not fully understand the vehicle. So I am looking to get another car electrician who is more experienced in this type of vehicle.

Main location of car in lagos e.g oshodi, mushin, ikeja etc
Re: Help With My Hyundai Accent Electricals by solozo72(m): 10:35am On Feb 11, 2017
mayor2013:

Main location of car in lagos e.g oshodi, mushin, ikeja etc

Ikorodu
Re: Help With My Hyundai Accent Electricals by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 11, 2017
nurey:
Your explanation is vague.

The last time I checked, a mechanic changes engine not a rewire/electrician. They are supposed to buy same engine and fit the wires as they removed it from the former one.

Explain what starts means? Does the engine crank (the tanyun Yun sound) and doesn't come to life or it just shows light on dash board no crank?

I tire o..
Re: Help With My Hyundai Accent Electricals by solozo72(m): 3:48pm On Feb 11, 2017
Hayjaycity:

I tire o..

Stop displaying your low comprehension ability over a serious issue.

1 Like

Re: Help With My Hyundai Accent Electricals by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 11, 2017
solozo72:

Stop displaying your low comprehension ability over a serious issue.

Shey won sepe fun e ni?!!!!... Do you know what I mean by that?!!... What is serious about your low-end Hyundai accent..?! Mumu wey dey transfer money to Kazeems to get and fix and engine... If care is not taken, your life savings will go into that car... Next time you involve competent hands solving your car problems... I have changed engine countless times... I have never for once after fixing an engine to look for an electrician for the wiring... As long as you get d same engine... Fix and reconnect all lose wires... Simple.....hold on to your frustrations Abeg.... Na your cross, carry am.....

2 Likes

Re: Help With My Hyundai Accent Electricals by solozo72(m): 5:08pm On Feb 11, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: Help With My Hyundai Accent Electricals by solozo72(m): 5:09pm On Feb 11, 2017
Hayjaycity:

Shey won sepe fun e ni?!!!!... Do you know what I mean by that?!!... What is serious about your low-end Hyundai accent..?! Mumu wey dey transfer money to Kazeems to get and fix and engine... If care is not taken, your life savings will go into that car... Next time you involve competent hands solving your car problems... I have changed engine countless times... I have never for once after fixing an engine to look for an electrician for the wiring... As long as you get d same engine... Fix and reconnect all lose wires... Simple.....hold on to your frustrations Abeg.... Na your cross, carry am.....

It's not hard to identify a vermin when he creeps out of a hole and gets hold of an #100 Glo Borrow Me Data.

Crawl back into the pit you came out from. Humans are brainstorming!
Re: Help With My Hyundai Accent Electricals by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 11, 2017
solozo72:

It's not hard to identify a vermin when he creeps out of a hole and gets hold of an #100 Glo Borrow Me Data.

Crawl back into the pit you came out from. Humans are brainstorming!

Re: Help With My Hyundai Accent Electricals by diportivo: 6:03am On Feb 12, 2017
Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Help With My Hyundai Accent Electricals by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:01pm On Feb 12, 2017
There's not much to brainstorm here. Car left for 8months, old engine sold. Most sensitive parts of your car "might have been sold" Engine ecu.......

If you are lucky and you still have your original parts, Try and Have your electrician/mechanic have a look at same type of vehicle that is functional, they should study the electrical, then go back to your vehicle and compare.

Good luck.
Re: Help With My Hyundai Accent Electricals by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 12, 2017
If he is LUCKY!!!! ...... grin grin grin grin
Re: Help With My Hyundai Accent Electricals by MPVGoddess: 3:01pm On Feb 12, 2017
solozo72:

Always replace engine with its exact equivalent

Your mechanic did not do that - if he did, you don't need to do any electrical work.

You may need to involve law enforcement to force the mechanic and his business partner ( engine seller) or if you prefer the market union to get you the exact same engine in the vehicle.

But you should confirm that it is not starting because he sold your ECU (as someone else suggested) or some other sensitive electronics required to get the car started.

All the best
Re: Help With My Hyundai Accent Electricals by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 12, 2017
MPVGoddess:

Always replace engine with its exact equivalent

Your mechanic did not do that - if he did, you don't need to do any electrical work.

You may need to involve law enforcement to force the mechanic and his business partner ( engine seller) or if you prefer the market union to get you the exact same engine in the vehicle.

But you should confirm that it is not starting because he sold your ECU (as someone else suggested) or some other sensitive electronics required to get the car started.

All the best

How could a mechanic buy and fix an engine, den tell you to look for an electrician... Yours is to get done vehicle back on the road... How can u even ascertain that day engine is in good shape... I think he must involve d law enforcement officers to get done exact engine and it must at least start d vehicle...... Even in this modern day, patronizing mechanics Dat does not have knowledge of electricals in a vehicle is a no no.... He will be extremely lucky to get that car running again

(1) (Reply)

This Is What You Should Do If An Electric Wire Or Pole Falls On Your Car / What's Your Highest Speed? / Very Clean Lexus RX 350, 2008 Gold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.