Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) (43160 Views)

Poll: What's your prediction?

Nigeria wins: 63% (118 votes)
Egypt wins: 23% (44 votes)
Draw: 12% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by vislabraye(m): 7:24pm On Dec 06, 2009
We still do have some decent players in Europe. I think the major challenge is that we have more attackers than any department. Our Mid-field is pathetic. Our last game actually exposed the SE a$$. Yususf Ayinla was busy running round the field and not winning the ball,

Let's see how Shuaibu will handle the AFCON before we can talkj about WC
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by ndcide(m): 10:10pm On Dec 06, 2009
bandely:

u are very correct!
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by ndcide(m): 10:12pm On Dec 06, 2009
MustardInc:

We need a Coach who WATCH Nigerian Players ABROAD week-in week-out

& one that UNDERSTANDS THEIR POSITIONS:

1. Mikel is a WORLD CLASS DM [Give that Number 10 to Rabiu or Someone else]

2. Kalu Uche is not a Midfielder in Almeria [but a POWERFUL Support Striker]

3. Joseph Yobo is a JOKE.

4. Chinedu Obasi hasn't FOUND HIS FORM yet.

5. Taiye Taiwo would be a better 11 than the ERATIC Number 3 he currently is.

5. Utaka & Kanu[with all due respect] are no more FOOTBALLERS.
[size=13pt]

We could be 1st or 4th depending on these things[/size]

u are very correct
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by asunaobi(m): 11:48pm On Dec 06, 2009
Unless by luck! I dont have confidence in this present team. The way they concede goals is very shocking. They are very poor technically and most players in this current team play much with their muscles than with their brains.

Right from the last cup of nations in Ghana, this team has been very disappointing. The killer instinct that past eagles are known for, lacks in them. I dont know whether to blame the coach or the players attitudes or NFF.

If something urgent is not done before Angola and South Africa to rectify this, Nigerians should expect more heart breaks.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by rew112003(m): 3:49am On Dec 07, 2009
na draw he go bi
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by princekevo(m): 5:46am On Dec 07, 2009
asunaobi:

Unless by luck! I dont have confidence in this present team. The way they concede goals is very shocking. They are very poor technically and most players in this current team play much with their muscles than with their brains.

Right from the last cup of nations in Ghana, this team has been very disappointing. The killer instinct that past eagles are known for, lacks in them. I dont know whether to blame the coach or the players attitudes or NFF.

If something urgent is not done before Angola and South Africa to rectify this, Nigerians should expect more heart breaks.

We are used to heart breaks so it wont be a big deal.If nothing positive is been done b4 january i will advice every football loving Nigerian to form a heart break proof in advance.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by supereagle(m): 6:29am On Dec 07, 2009
Wester-who?

Amodu/Siasia combo should do just fine.
Since Westhanhof left Naija which other team has succeded in coaching. He succeded in Nig that time becos of his access to Aso Rock. Lest I forgot , it took five years before he could achieve what he achieved for Nigeria. In 1990 ACN, he lost 5-1 t0 Algeria. If a local coach had that result he ,would have been sacked.
Our local coaches if given total support, will get more for Naija. Remember, anytime Egypt meets Nigeria in ACN, they always go home from first round.
I suggest that NFF draft Kalika into that coaching crews, he knows our boys very well, he has been assisting Siasia, if he comes in,it will be difficult for any team to defeat Nigeria in 2010 , Forget about foreing Coach ,it will be foolishness for NFF to go for one now. the time is short for him to understudy our boys.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by FBS: 7:46am On Dec 07, 2009
supereagle:

Since Westhanhof left Naija which other team has succeded in coaching. He succeded in Nig that time becos of his access to Aso Rock. Lest I forgot , it took five years before he could achieve what he achieved for Nigeria. In 1990 ACN, he lost 5-1 t0 Algeria. If a local coach had that result he ,would have been sacked.
Our local coaches if given total support, will get more for Naija. Remember, anytime Egypt meets Nigeria in ACN, they always go home from first round.
I suggest that NFF draft Kalika into that coaching crews, he knows our boys very well, he has been assisting Siasia, if he comes in,it will be difficult for any team to defeat Nigeria in 2010 , Forget about foreing Coach ,it will be foolishness for NFF to go for one now. the time is short for him to understudy our boys.
How and why did you arrive at the conclusion that I wanted one? undecided
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by yousouph(m): 8:25am On Dec 07, 2009
@FBS. Na mistake by d guy. I still insist lets see what Amodu does at Nations Cup. After then, he should be sacked or supported to SA
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by FBS: 8:27am On Dec 07, 2009
yousouph:

@FBS. Na mistake by d guy. I still insist lets see what Amodu does at Nations Cup. After then, he should be sacked or supported to SA

@Yousouph, ha . . .ok I see.
As for the coach, that's what we all think is right. His performance at the Nations Cup should determine his future.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by ichommy(m): 8:55am On Dec 07, 2009
yes UP nigeria maybe FBS is afraid of egypt grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by FBS: 9:03am On Dec 07, 2009
ichommy:

yes UP nigeria maybe FBS is afraid of egypt grin
Moi? say wetin happen. FBS is scared of no one. Always remember that! cool  grin
NAIJA FOREVER!!!
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by galatico(m): 9:33am On Dec 07, 2009
Am a Nigerian, I won't be sentimental in my judgment based on current form I'll say the Egyptians would defeat the Eagles, except the unexpected happens and the Eagles raise their game against the Pharaohs.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 07, 2009
beating egypt is a no no ,but we will qualify,that am sure of
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 10:30am On Dec 07, 2009
n-guage:

Can we please get a Westerhof/Siasia combo if we plan to win anything?

As much as I try to keep with the popular saying of respecting other people's opinions, I struggle to respect moronic opinions.

Why don't we go and dig Father Tiko from his grave to come and lead SE since any wasted whiteman is better than the most successful blackman.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 10:34am On Dec 07, 2009
faakay:

Yeah, even the best coach of this world do not win matches everyday.

What did the white coach we recruited last did for us at the Nations Cup? scre.wed us:::

An interview with John Fashanu on CNN: He said the NFF should give Amodu the chance to coach our Super Eagles, with time he will improve also he has taken us to the world cup twice and he is one of the best coach we had.

Anti-Amodu should go and sleep

Don't mind them.

People that know nothing about football.

I await the criticisms and the examples they have that shows Amodu is clueless.

The man is suppose to do magic under 18 months with a bunch of average and above average players we have that have a fuucked up Nigerian mentality?

They keep on making lame comparisons with CIV and living in the past by demanding the rights to the ANC, they should tell me which Nigerian player would even be in the Top 10 of African Player of the year. Dreamers! 2009, not 1994!!!
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 10:48am On Dec 07, 2009
galatico:

Am a Nigerian, I won't be sentimental in my judgment based on current form I'll say the Egyptians would defeat the Eagles, except the unexpected happens and the Eagles raise their game against the Pharaohs.

Explain to me how on current form Egypt is better than Nigeria.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:08pm On Dec 07, 2009
[size=13pt]see dem. . . . . . . . . . grin grin grin grin.[/size]
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by omar22(m): 12:50pm On Dec 07, 2009
In 1990 ACN, he lost 5-1 t0 Algeria

He used mainly local players or homebase players compared to the team that went to Maroc 88 that had all the stars the team that went to Algiers had not yet gelled together and Algeria had a field day but as the tournament proceeded the team got better and only lost narrowly to Algeria,
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 1:07pm On Dec 07, 2009
omar22:

He used mainly local players or homebase players compared to the team that went to Maroc 88 that had all the stars the team that went to Algiers had not yet gelled together and Algeria had a field day but as the tournament proceeded the team got better and only lost narrowly to Algeria, 

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

LWKMD

So if Amodu decides to use a home-based players and lose 5-1 to Egypt, then he is a fool.

If Amodu is winning with teams that are yet to gell, he is an e-diot that has no tactical nuance, it was all luck.

If Amodu almost wins Tunisia but unfortunately draws (not lose), he is useless and should be sacked.

But if a coach with the superior white skin does the same or WORSE then we get:

"He used mainly local players or homebase players"

"the team that went had not yet gelled together"

"the team will get better eventually and only lost narrowly"

grin grin grin grin grin grin

LWKMD

[flash=400,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/_ujsTOCvyJQ[/flash]
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by 2tait: 1:13pm On Dec 07, 2009
Amodu is the most accomplished coach in Nigeria. Take it or leave it.
With Amodu as Coach, Nigeria will spank Egypt. In fact I see Nigeria win the Nations Cup.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by omar22(m): 1:55pm On Dec 07, 2009
So if Amodu decides to use a home-based players and lose 5-1 to Egypt, then he is a fool.

If Amodu is winning with teams that are yet to gell, he is an e-diot that has no tactical nuance, it was all luck.

If Amodu almost wins Tunisia but unfortunately draws (not lose), he is useless and should be sacked.

But if a coach with the superior white skin does the same or WORSE then we get:

"He used mainly local players or homebase players"

"the team that went had not yet gelled together"

"the team will get better eventually and only lost narrowly"

What are talking about? am only responding to a previous quote,

Amodu uses home players ; That I would like to see, its ok to rely on the foreign based players to work thinks out for themselves on the field, while sits down with glee on his face, with homebase players who enjoy kick and rush in the Nigerian league, he would have to polish and put a team together and am sorry, even Bulldog get limit
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by adebayo201: 3:57pm On Dec 07, 2009
and who is the bulldog
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2009
egypt 3-nigeria 1
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 12:53pm On Dec 08, 2009
adebayo201:

and who is the bulldog

I think he might have used a swearword and the prudish website changed it to that.

omar22:

What are talking about? am only responding to a previous quote,

Amodu uses home players ; That I would like to see, its ok to rely on the foreign based players to work thinks out for themselves on the field, while sits down with glee on his face, with homebase players who enjoy kick and rush in the Nigerian league, he would have to polish and put a team together and am sorry, even Bulldog get limit

So you are saying, you will prefer Amodu uses homebased players. And if he does, and they show commitment on the pitch but lose because they lack guile, you would be happier than if he uses foreign-based players that win matches?

What do you mean by foreign-based players are working things out on the pitch by themselves.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by omar22(m): 1:29pm On Dec 08, 2009
So you are saying, you will prefer Amodu uses homebased players. And if he does, and they show commitment on the pitch but lose because they lack guile, you would be happier than if he uses foreign-based players that win matches?

What do you mean by foreign-based players are working things out on the pitch by themselves

What am trying to say is that, the reason why the current eagles team have qualified is because the players were professional and worked things out without the looney sitting in the dugout,

if the players were home base players were you need to explain things over and over again - Amodu ability to manage at the highest level would be exposed, for example the final of the under 17 world cup, do you know how many times the manager got up and shouted at Stanley Okoro to play with his team mates despite that he turned into a one man show, now can you have Amodu in that situation?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 1:38pm On Dec 08, 2009
omar22:

What am trying to say is that, the reason why the current eagles team have qualified is because the players were professional and worked things out without the looney sitting in the dugout,

if the players were home base players were you need to explain things over and over again - Amodu ability to manage at the highest level would be exposed, for example the final of the under 17 world cup, do you know how many times the manager got up and shouted at Stanley Okoro to play with his team mates despite that he turned into a one man show, now can you have Amodu in that situation?

So the reason England is winning is because the professionals of England work things out for themselves on the pitch? Capello is just a slowpoke sitting on the bench? They are not players you need to explain things to even once, talkless of over and over again. So surely you can not tell me you see any contribution from Capello in that team?

That is the parallels of your argument, init?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by BinghiNya(m): 1:51pm On Dec 08, 2009
Egypt go too beat u if u dare come out at them.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by omar22(m): 4:03pm On Dec 08, 2009
So the reason England is winning is because the professionals of England work things out for themselves on the pitch? Capello is just a slowpoke sitting on the bench? They are not players you need to explain things to even once, talkless of over and over again. So surely you can not tell me you see any contribution from Capello in that team?

That is the parallels of your argument, init?

Hell no, you have lost me,

What am trying to say is that Amodu does not know what he is doing and the players are working things out by them selves,

its like Chelsea under Avram Grant the players were determined to secure the future the club by themselves at a point they ignore instructions from Mr Grant because dropped some major clangers,

Under Scolari he ran out of ideas and the players as well so the had to fire him,

Capello gave the team strict instruction and they had to stick with it unless he indicates otherwise, Steve Maclaren didnt know what to do and were exposed by the other managers (Hiddink and Bilic)
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 4:20pm On Dec 08, 2009
omar22:

Hell no, you have lost me,

What am trying to say is that Amodu does not know what he is doing and the players are working things out by them selves,

its like Chelsea under Avram Grant the players were determined to secure the future the club by themselves at a point they ignore instructions from Mr Grant because dropped some major clangers,

Under Scolari he ran out of ideas and the players as well so the had to fire him,

Capello gave the team strict instruction and they had to stick with it unless he indicates otherwise, Steve Maclaren didnt know what to do and were exposed by the other managers (Hiddink and Bilic)

You are full of rubbish and not a particularly sharp individual as well.

If you think it is these conjectures I would accept as an argument and be debating at that level, then you must be mistaken.

The level I debate at requires some intellectual depth and aptitude for using facts. See my NL signature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 / Prince Anthony Obaseki Is Dead / Arsenal Fans Stay At Home As Gunners Faced Frankfurt In Near-Empty Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.