Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) - Sports (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) (43194 Views)

Poll: What's your prediction?

Nigeria wins: 63% (118 votes)
Egypt wins: 23% (44 votes)
Draw: 12% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by honeric01(m): 6:45pm On Jan 14, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Honeric01 is right. Lets wait till saturday before passing judgement. Meanwhile, this is the starting line up I expect and want to see against Benin

They should play a 4-4-2 formation and line out like this

1-Enyeama

2-Odiah                     6-Shittu                                5-Apam                        3-Echiejile

4-Etuhu

7-Odemwingie                              10-Mikel                                                 11-Nsofor

8-Obasi                            9-Martins

Surprising shey? grin

NB- The Nos represent their positions on the pitch. If Martins is fit to play he should start and pair Obasi in Attack while Kalu Uche plays as the Attacking Midfileder so Mikel drops to the Bench.
Just my two cents.

Nice one
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by semid4lyfe(m): 7:02pm On Jan 14, 2010
Honeric01, take your time o. grin Why did you tamper with my starting 11? Anyway if Martins is fit, he should be an automatic starter for the game and Kalu Uche will play 10 while Mikel drops to the bench. I prefer Dickson Etuhu in Defensive Midfield to Mikel Obi.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by honeric01(m): 7:41pm On Jan 14, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Honeric01, take your time o. grin Why did you tamper with my starting 11? Anyway if Martins is fit, he should be an automatic starter for the game and Kalu Uche will play 10 while Mikel drops to the bench. I prefer Dickson Etuhu in Defensive Midfield to Mikel Obi.

wetin i do? i only corrected where i didn't agree with. abi na bad thing i do?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by nich(m): 8:20pm On Jan 14, 2010
nna, nothin do u o jare. afterall, na table-soccer you dey wan play. undecided
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by SPARROWJA(m): 2:04am On Jan 15, 2010
shocked Re Chidi Nwanu
LOOK AT THIS AGAMA GBA GBA, Chidi what NWANA? YOU ARE THE BIGGEST FOOOOOL IN OUR GENERATION, USELESS WASTE OF SPACE, WHAT DID YOU DO FOR NIGERIA AS A PROFESSIONAL, ANY REASONABLE MAN WOULD READ BETWEEN THE LINE AND GRASP WHAT YOBO IS SAYING, THAT WE DON’T HAVE A TEAM PERIOD, WE NEED A SOUND TACTICIAN TO MOULD THESE BOYS, BTW IT WAS ONLY YOBO THAT WAS BLAMELESS IN THAT DEFENSE-LINE, TAIYE TAIWO? NWANERI? PEOPLE THINK FOOTBALL IS WON BY AN INDIVIDUAL. NIGERIANS ARE BACKWARD IN THEIR THINKING, THE PLAYERS WERE NOT MOTIVATED TO HOLD UNTO THEIR LEAD BY ATTACKING AND SCORING MORE, 1 GOAL LEAD IS NEVER A SAFE ONE ASK CAPELLO. WE HAD NO TRANSITION FROM THE MIDFIELD TO THE ATTACK, THE ONLY GOAL WE SCORED WAS JUS AN INDIVIDUAL BRILLIANCE FROM OBASI. WE HAD POSSESSION BUT DID NOTHING WITH IT, ONLY YOBO WAS A BETTER PLAYER ALONGSIDE OBASI YOU ALL ARE SHORT SIGHTED TO HAVE INTERPRETED WHAT YOBO SAID, TECHNICALLY THESE KING OF GAMES ARE WON FROM THE BENCH AND EGYPT ARE BETTER THAN US FROM THE BENCH. WHO SAYS A PRESSURIZED CENTRAL DEFENDER WOULD BE THE ONE TO TEACH ALL HIS OTHER MATES HOW TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY? EVEN IF HE IS THE CAPTAIN, HE MUST 1ST DO HIS JOB AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS BUT THE BIGGEST MOTIVATION AND CHARGE COMES FROM THE MANAGER BUT UNFORTUNATELY WE ONLY HAVE A CEREMONIAL COACH WHAT A SHAME NFF IS TO BE BLAME POOR ADMINISTRATION AND IGNORANCE FROM THE MASSES IS NIGERIANS GREATEST PROBLEM.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Akolawole(m): 12:09pm On Jan 15, 2010
#In my opinion, Nsofor is not a starter but a late-comer a la Sanni Emmanuel.

#I am never a Yakubu peson but beside his injury problem last season, he was most consistent Nigeria striker for the past 5 seasons. He played badly against pharaohs but he can still do the work. Had it been we got that penalty after our first goal, we could have won that match.

#We can still qualify for the knockouts and probably lift the cup. The players knows that their failure will compel NFF to bring somebody like Onigbinde back for our summer onslaught and the man will just get rid of nearly everyone.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 15, 2010
honeric,
I've seen enough to conclude we shouldn't bother showing up in South Africa.
We play these minnows like Benin Almighty&all of a sudden we should be confident.I understand your optimism,just that i can't share it with you.Not with the useless technical crew we possess that pick all manner of players with no tactical approach in mind.We fail a big test well but manage to scrape thru against little sides&think all is well.If we can't beat a weakened Egypt(without Aboutrika&Zaki),is that a team to build one's hopes on?We beat France in a friendly but have not built on that achievement.The first real test we face after all the Equatorial Guineas,Sierra Leones,Mozambiques&Kenyas,we flunk it so embarrasingly that one begins to wonder why we qualified for SA2010.
If you like,draw up as many team lists you want,Amodu is always there to mess it up.As long as that slowpoke is leading the Eagles to the WC,don't expect anything from them
akolawole,
please in the name of God,let's not go the Onigbinde way again.It's just taking our football backwards like in2002,the same way this impotent slowpoke's appointment has set back our football by almost a decade.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by honeric01(m): 4:11pm On Jan 15, 2010
Eastbay:

honeric,
I've seen enough to conclude we shouldn't bother showing up in South Africa.
We play these minnows like Benin Almighty&all of a sudden we should be confident.I understand your optimism,just that i can't share it with you.Not with the useless technical crew we possess that pick all manner of players with no tactical approach in mind.We fail a big test well but manage to scrape thru against little sides&think all is well.If we can't beat a weakened Egypt(without Aboutrika&Zaki),is that a team to build one's hopes on?We beat France in a friendly but have not built on that achievement.The first real test we face after all the Equatorial Guineas,Sierra Leones,Mozambiques&Kenyas,we flunk it so embarrasingly that one begins to wonder why we qualified for SA2010.
If you like,draw up as many team lists you want,Amodu is always there to mess it up.As long as that slowpoke is leading the Eagles to the WC,don't expect anything from them
akolawole,
please in the name of God,let's not go the Onigbinde way again.It's just taking our football backwards like in2002,the same way this impotent slowpoke's appointment has set back our football by almost a decade.

ok, i don hear you, now can you please come and show the whole world your technical abilities? here's the place to show it.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-382040.0.html#msg5321849
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by snakova(m): 6:23pm On Jan 15, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Vincent Enyeama
Daniel Shittu
Onyekachi Apam
Chidi Odiah
Elderson Echiejile
Dickson Etuhu
Uche kalu
Mikel Obi
Osaze Odemwingie
Obinna Nsofor
Chinedu Obasi

They should play a 4-4-2 formation and line out like this

1-Enyeama

2-Odiah                     6-Shittu                                5-Apam                        3-Echiejile

4-Etuhu

7-Odemwingie                              10-Mikel                                                 11-Nsofor

9-Obasi                            8-Uche

Surprising shey? grin

NB- The Nos represent their positions on the pitch. If Martins is fit to play he should start and pair Obasi in Attack while Kalu Uche plays as the Attacking Midfileder so Mikel drops to the Bench.
Just my two cents.
This guy you too much wink.
But it could also work as Mikel for Etuhu and Uche slots in behind Oba and Obasi. Uche has been prolific for Almeria. Mikel is more defensive nowadays. And Shittu, sorry i forgot AMODU DECIDED TO DROP ADELEYE. grin grin grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 15, 2010
Guys, replay SE in 1992 in Algeria. With Westerhof, Algeria hammered us 5-1 in the opening match, but the same team got to the final, narrowly losing to the hosts. I believe this team will reach the final.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 15, 2010
Replay SE (super eagles) in 1992 in Algeria. With Westerhof, Algeria hammered us 5-1 in the opening match, but the same team got to the final, narrowly losing to the hosts. I believe this team can and will reach the final. We will win benin & mozambique,

if we pass this group stage, we might play (tunisia, cameroon or gabon) in group D.

1. cameroon losing to gabon means that if we play cameroon and lose, then there is a BIG problem. (prediction 1-0 4 naija)

2. if we play tunisia, we will once and for all settle the scores (win them) since we drew 2 times (because nigeria was leading twice in the 2nd leg of world cup qualifiers) but our defence was bad so we could not hold onto the lead(prediction 2-1 4 naija)

3. if we play gabon, we MUST win them, gabon is not a strong team (but have strong defence that held cameroon, so we better score early before they tighten their defence
(prediction 1-0 or 2-0 for naija)
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by DrKitaun(m): 2:09am On Jan 16, 2010
SPARROW JA:

shocked Re Chidi Nwanu
LOOK AT THIS AGAMA GBA GBA, Chidi what NWANA? YOU ARE THE BIGGEST FOOOOOL IN OUR GENERATION, USELESS WASTE OF SPACE, WHAT DID YOU DO FOR NIGERIA AS A PROFESSIONAL, ANY REASONABLE MAN WOULD READ BETWEEN THE LINE AND GRASP WHAT YOBO IS SAYING, THAT WE DON’T HAVE A TEAM PERIOD, WE NEED A SOUND TACTICIAN TO MOULD THESE BOYS, BTW IT WAS ONLY YOBO THAT WAS BLAMELESS IN THAT DEFENSE-LINE, TAIYE TAIWO? NWANERI? PEOPLE THINK FOOTBALL IS WON BY AN INDIVIDUAL. NIGERIANS ARE BACKWARD IN THEIR THINKING, THE PLAYERS WERE NOT MOTIVATED TO HOLD UNTO THEIR LEAD BY ATTACKING AND SCORING MORE, 1 GOAL LEAD IS NEVER A SAFE ONE ASK CAPELLO. WE HAD NO TRANSITION FROM THE MIDFIELD TO THE ATTACK, THE ONLY GOAL WE SCORED WAS JUS AN INDIVIDUAL BRILLIANCE FROM OBASI. WE HAD POSSESSION BUT DID NOTHING WITH IT, ONLY YOBO WAS A BETTER PLAYER ALONGSIDE OBASI YOU ALL ARE SHORT SIGHTED TO HAVE INTERPRETED WHAT YOBO SAID, TECHNICALLY THESE KING OF GAMES ARE WON FROM THE BENCH AND EGYPT ARE BETTER THAN US FROM THE BENCH. WHO SAYS A PRESSURIZED CENTRAL DEFENDER WOULD BE THE ONE TO TEACH ALL HIS OTHER MATES HOW TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY? EVEN IF HE IS THE CAPTAIN, HE MUST 1ST DO HIS JOB AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS BUT THE BIGGEST MOTIVATION AND CHARGE COMES FROM THE MANAGER BUT UNFORTUNATELY WE ONLY HAVE A CEREMONIAL COACH WHAT A SHAME NFF IS TO BE BLAME POOR ADMINISTRATION AND IGNORANCE FROM THE MASSES IS NIGERIANS GREATEST PROBLEM.

I dont exactly understand where u are coming from are u YOBO in disguise ?

1st off, why are u screaming ? am sure I dont need to tell ur writing in all caps must mean u probably were punching hard at ur keyboard whilst typing this shocked

come off it ! Yobo is a doofus of the greatest order, for how long are we going to tolerate him ? even at club level the rate at which he churns out own goals says a lot about him . . .how pathetic ?

Chidi Nwanu played himself into the very best Nigerian team, Yobo has had cause to lead Nigeria several times, what has he been able to achieve ?

Akolawole:

#In my opinion, Nsofor is not a starter but a late-comer a la Sanni Emmanuel.

#I am never a Yakubu peson but beside his injury problem last season, he was most consistent Nigeria striker for the past 5 seasons. He played badly against pharaohs but he can still do the work. Had it been we got that penalty after our first goal, we could have won that match.

#We can still qualify for the knockouts and probably lift the cup. The players knows that their failure will compel NFF to bring somebody like Onigbinde back for our summer onslaught and the man will just get rid of nearly everyone.

Only the deep can call on the deep . . .

Nsofor like u said is a super-sub kind of player these days, but they need to let him in the game early enuff and he must be given a free role for him to work wonders !

Onigbinde will surely sack all these doofuses we call Eagles . . .and probably bring in some sootin' stars players grin

. . .and yes ! despite the ineptitude of Amodu, Nigeria can still win the trophy ! cheesy
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Akolawole(m): 11:56am On Jan 16, 2010
bboiabb:

Replay SE (super eagles) in 1992 in Algeria. With Westerhof, Algeria hammered us 5-1 in the opening match, but the same team got to the final, narrowly losing to the hosts. I believe this team can and will reach the final. We will win benin & mozambique,

I believe typographical error on your part. That competition was in 1990, i think we have just 3 professionals in that team, others were home-based. Baba Yeking was one of the pro and guess what! he was playing in Abidjan grin

Thats the competition that kick-start Friday Elaho, Okechukwu, Amokachie among others
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Akolawole(m): 11:59am On Jan 16, 2010
@Dr Kit

Chief, happy new year. Una don move to Abuja in preparation for Jonathan abi??

This your signature na wa o.

# If Wenger cannot make good use of Sylvester why buying Sol?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by DrKitaun(m): 2:07pm On Jan 16, 2010
Akolawole:

@Dr Kit

Chief, happy new year. Una don move to Abuja in preparation for Jonathan abi??

This your signature na wa o.

# If Wenger cannot make good use of Sylvester why buying Sol?

Egbon, we need to talk . . .

happy new year cheesy

na Naija u dey abi na Queensland ?

Sol is better by far than Sly . . .plus he is not a scum reject, once a reject, always a reject ! grin

na Naija u dey now or Queensland ?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Daboncrush(m): 4:03am On Jan 17, 2010
Pharoah no gree let naija boys dem go.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by madaboyeg: 8:19am On Jan 17, 2010
[center][size=18pt]watch the goals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J6Cu12VK_M

.[/size][/center]
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Akolawole(m): 8:09pm On Jan 17, 2010
Eastbay:

@ akolawole,

How do Onigbinde's appointment set us back? He 's the only one who can drop anyone. I mean anyone. Beside Westerhof cleansing in 1990, no coach has ever throw the camp open to everyone in Nigeria's footie history.

FYI, no matter how bad TT, yobo, Kanu, Yak played in this competition, they will still go to south Africa. These guys are so "deep-rooted" in the national team that they cannot be removed.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Akolawole(m): 8:13pm On Jan 17, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

na Naija u dey abi na Queensland ?

I no dey Muttalab's country neither am i in Queens but i am currently somewhere in obodoland sha. I go call ya ( new year resolution grin )
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by honeric01(m): 8:14pm On Jan 17, 2010
Cameroon losing by a lone goal to zambia, what's wrong with all these west African powers? R. song is so shitty.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by DrKitaun(m): 8:16pm On Jan 17, 2010
God don catch u today . . . tongue

Oya, e fall in si YIM yin  cheesy
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Akolawole(m): 8:19pm On Jan 17, 2010
@Dr Kit

I cant go YIM

This is 2010, i will call at least to report your wifey to you. I could have called even now but i no dey where its "convenient".
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Akolawole(m): 8:24pm On Jan 17, 2010
@Dr Kit

Omo, my favourite section be "Food" now.

I beg, make you "examine" Amakaone o. Its high time we dump all these "take-away" girls in 2010. grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 17, 2010
Akolawole:

@Dr Kit
i will call at least to report your wifey to you

Sigh, what did he do this time? undecided
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by DrKitaun(m): 8:27pm On Jan 17, 2010
FL Gators:

Sigh, what did he do this time? undecided

Olodo and Amebo at the same time . . .

dem wan report my wifey to me u dey ask wetin he do ? shocked tongue

@Uncle Akola

who is Amakaone ? undecided
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Akolawole(m): 8:30pm On Jan 17, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

@ Akola

who is Amakaone ? undecided

Dont restrict yourself to Sports and Romance.

Check out Amaka1 in Food.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by DrKitaun(m): 8:33pm On Jan 17, 2010
Ok Sir . . .

as long as FL Gators doesnt breathe down my neck every now and then over there wink
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 17, 2010
Kitaun,

watch yourself o. . .  angry

E no go surprise me if na u he wan report, seeing as you like to dey cause pangolo wahala everywhere angry

Make dem report you to me, you go think say pepper na sugar tongue
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by DrKitaun(m): 8:41pm On Jan 17, 2010
erm erm last I checked this section didnt look like the Romance section tongue take ur Kitaun-ation to the appropriate section . . .

lest I forget, what do u think of the probability of Egypt winning this trophy ? if u cant answer this question, it would then mean u only come to this section looking for hot-blooded hunks like myself and Akola tongue grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 17, 2010
Anywhere you dey na Romance section for me tongue

@post
Egypt don dey win like I predicted grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by DrKitaun(m): 8:46pm On Jan 17, 2010
FL Gators:

Anywhere you dey na Romance section for me tongue

@post
Egypt don dey win like I predicted grin

hmmn . . .

akika ! where did u predict that Egypt will win ?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 17, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

hmmn . . .

akika ! [b]where [/b]did u predict that Egypt will win ?

In your mind grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply)

FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 / Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 / Why Keeping John Obi Mikel Is Chelsea’s Best Transfer Move So Far This Summer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.