Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

1 Month In Office: Trump Reportedly Hates His Job And His Staff - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 1 Month In Office: Trump Reportedly Hates His Job And His Staff (701 Views)

President Yoweri Museveni Doing Push-up And Jogging In Office (Video) / Cipriano Cassamá Resigns As President Of Guinea Bissau After One Day In Office / Man Who Mocked Michelle Obama's, Allegedly Suspended From His Job For 3 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1 Month In Office: Trump Reportedly Hates His Job And His Staff by Yarduni: 11:20pm On Feb 10, 2017
After just three weeks on the job, President Donald Trump is reportedly frustrated with the realities of trying to run the U.S. government way he manages his family-owned business.

Politico interviewed nearly two dozen people who have spent time with the former real estate developer and reality TV star since his inauguration — and they said Trump’s “mood has careened between surprise and anger as he’s faced the predictable realities of governing,” according to the report.

“The interviews paint a picture of a powder-keg of a workplace where job duties are unclear, morale among some is low, factionalism is rampant and exhaustion is running high,” Politico reported. “Two visitors to the White House last week said they were struck by how tired the staff looks.”

Trump would like to shake up his White House staff less than a month into the job but knows it’s too soon, the website reported, and aides joke that the president would like to spend even more time golfing at his Mar-A-Lago resort.

Sources close to Trump said he’s infuriated by the profusion of leaks revealing his confrontational phone calls with world leaders and the herky-jerky inner workings of the White House.

The White House has launched an investigation of those leaks that appears to be focused on the National Security Council, based on the Politico report.

NSC staffers have been instructed to cooperate with the inquiry, and the administration may tighten the inner circle of aides who have access to the calls and their transcripts, the website reported.

A culture of fear and paranoia is developing, pitting the president and his allies against career NSC staff assigned from other agencies.

The Trump circle believe those career bureaucrats are out to get them, while NSC staffers are concerned the president isn’t up to the job and resent the politicization of the agency by appointing Bannon to the council.

Staffers fear Kushner because he’s so close to the president, and they aren’t really sure of his official role in the White House.

For his part, Kushner is furious at reports that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has been saying he will join the White House as part of a “second wave” after the president’s son-in-law got him banished from the transition team as retribution for prosecuting his father.

Sources said Trump often asks simple questions about his job, and he usually changes the subject when discussions become too detail-oriented to make it seem as if he’s in control, said one senior government official.

Trump prefers to hand off detailed questions to his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, or to chief strategist Steve Bannon or House Speaker Paul Ryan, the website reported.

Those sources also revealed that Trump has privately expressed disbelief that judges, bureaucrats and lawmakers are able to halt him from filling government positions or implementing policies.

“He doesn’t like this sh*t,” a source told Politico, referring to the difficulties Trump faced in getting one of his top fundraisers, Anthony Scaramucci, appointed to a job in the West Wing.

However, sources said Trump appears to enjoy showing visitors around the Oval Office, where he spends most of his working hours, and keeping tabs on how his staffers look on TV news
Re: 1 Month In Office: Trump Reportedly Hates His Job And His Staff by Tiamiyu996(m): 11:46pm On Feb 10, 2017
if trump don't change his policies he won't be able to a peaceful ruling term

1 Like

Re: 1 Month In Office: Trump Reportedly Hates His Job And His Staff by femolacqua(m): 12:19am On Feb 11, 2017
Trump and his issues.
Re: 1 Month In Office: Trump Reportedly Hates His Job And His Staff by Yarduni: 11:46pm On Feb 11, 2017
Tiamiyu996:

His policies will become worse

1 Like

Re: 1 Month In Office: Trump Reportedly Hates His Job And His Staff by SalamRushdie: 12:24am On Feb 12, 2017
Tiamiyu996:

Nobody expects any l muslim to have anything good to say about Trump ..please take your useless Trojan advise to Saudi Arabia where women still can't drive and leave the US alone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1 Month In Office: Trump Reportedly Hates His Job And His Staff by Tiamiyu996(m): 11:31am On Feb 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Nobody expects any l muslim to have anything good to say about Trump ..please take your useless Trojan advise to Saudi Arabia where women still can't drive and leave the US alone
this is not about Muslim or non Muslim it's about reasoning

2 Likes

Re: 1 Month In Office: Trump Reportedly Hates His Job And His Staff by Lucasbalo(m): 6:26am On Feb 13, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Why do you always insinuate that anyone that critique the worthless and bigoted trump is a Muslim?. So tens of millions of Americans who criticizes him are Muslims?. Your fetish about trump is sickening. Tell me one thing you expect trump to do for you in Nigeria or better tell me one thing of benefit you have gained from trump since he became president?. Your worshipping of a racist trump is turning you to something else. You love trump more than trump loves himself. That ain't good for your mental health buddy.

3 Likes

Re: 1 Month In Office: Trump Reportedly Hates His Job And His Staff by SalamRushdie: 8:00am On Feb 13, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Why do you always insinuate that anyone that critique the worthless and bigoted trump is a Muslim?. So tens of millions of Americans who criticizes him are Muslims?. Your fetish about trump is sickening. Tell me one thing you expect trump to do for you in Nigeria or better tell me one thing of benefit you have gained from trump since he became president?. Your worshipping of a racist trump is turning you to something else. You love trump more than trump loves himself. That ain't good for your mental health buddy.

Lucasbalo like I have said before my support for Trump stems purely from the fact that he looks like the man with the balls to put that parochial religion called Islam in its place ..Make no mistake about it Islam is threat to every good man and woman in this world and it's agenda to Islamise the west through this refugee scam must be stopped
Re: 1 Month In Office: Trump Reportedly Hates His Job And His Staff by Lucasbalo(m): 8:08am On Feb 13, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Lucasbalo like I have said before my support for Trump stems purely from the fact that he looks like the man with the balls to put that parochial religion called Islam in its place ..Make no mistake about it Islam is threat to every good man and woman in this world and it's agenda to Islamise the west through this refugee scam must be stopped

What makes you believe that Americans don't want to eradicate terrorism in America. Aside from the fact that 911 happened on American soil, the worst terrorism that happened in America is by a Christian fundamentalist by the name Timothy Mccveigh who bombed the federal building in Tulsa, Oklahoma and killed over 300 people. There are more things America worries more about than desecrating a whole religion. I pray that all terrorists are killed because I have no use for them. Hundreds of things that Americans are concerned with that trump and his clueless fans don't give a damn about.

1 Like

Re: 1 Month In Office: Trump Reportedly Hates His Job And His Staff by SalamRushdie: 8:12am On Feb 13, 2017
Lucasbalo:
What makes you believe that Americans don't want to eradicate terrorism in America. Aside from the fact that 911 happened on American soil, the worst terrorism that happened in America is by a Christian fundamentalist by the name Timothy Mccveigh who bombed the federal building in Tulsa, Oklahoma and killed over 300 people. There are more things America worries more about than desecrating a whole religion. I pray that all terrorists are killed because I have no use for them. Hundreds of things that Americans are concerned with that trump and his clueless fans don't give a damn about.

Lucasbalo are you now a spokesman for fanatical Islam ? Just read your post again Sir. This approach is how flyby christians are used subconsciously to help spread radical Islam .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2nlIfn8tNA
Re: 1 Month In Office: Trump Reportedly Hates His Job And His Staff by Lucasbalo(m): 8:55am On Feb 13, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Lucasbalo are you now a spokesman for fanatical Islam ? Just read your post again Sir. This approach is how flyby christians are used subconsciously to help spread radical Islam .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2nlIfn8tNA
What I am telling you is that denigrating a whole religion doesn't solve the problem with Islamic fanatism. I was born a Christian and will die a Christian but I know that all fanatics are dangerous to human existence. Do you know how many blacks in America have been hunged on a cross by people that support trump ?. I as an American born black man Don't see trump as a role model because of his bigotry and overt racism. You can worship him all you want because you don't know him as we do here. If you live in America your perspective of him will change.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Christian Governor Is Jailed For Two Years For Blasphemy Against Islam / Gerard Pique Offers To Quit Spain..after Catalonia Votes. / Trouble In Paradise! Is Melania Trump About To Divorce Donald Trump?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.