Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,669 members, 7,801,932 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students (8128 Views)

New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria / Benue State University New Dress Code For Students / UNILAG: Management Warn Students Against Organizing Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by Parkac(m): 1:31am On Feb 11, 2017
The attention of the University of Lagos has been drawn to the publications by Vanguard Newspaper of Tuesday, January 7, 2017 and a blog, with the title, “Unilag Introduces New Dress Code for Students… no more shakara”.

The University of Lagos wishes to inform the general public that it has not approved or implemented any new dress code for its students. The general public is hereby advised to discountenance any campaign in the print, electronic or social media claiming that the University of Lagos has introduced a new dress code for its students. All such claims are false and do not emanate from the University.

However, it is pertinent to state here that the University encourages students to dress decently and our watchword is “Dress as you want to be addressed”.

Information about the University is best accessed via its official Website and Facebook page.

Source: http://campusportalng.com/unilag/unilag-management-denies-implementing-new-dress-code-students/38504/
Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by Sylverbox(m): 1:37am On Feb 11, 2017
So it had to take more than one calender month before the University debunks such rumours. These are the issues...

4 Likes

Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by dayowunmi(m): 1:44am On Feb 11, 2017
I thought as much too. Don't see any reason why a federal university will be giving options on what students can wear or not wear. It's not a secondary school now neither is it a religious body owned school. If you can't deal with people dressing indescently when you eventually travel out someday and you come across a culture where women wear ridiculous dresses, what will you now do?

6 Likes

Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by daewoorazer(m): 7:09am On Feb 11, 2017
Whether they debunk or not, all Nigerian schools are nothing but shyteholes.

Until we have a young vibrant presido who can make intelligent policies

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by naijablood: 7:38am On Feb 11, 2017
Get to know the five S*X position to try if you or your partner has a small p*nis

http://www.exposeline.com/2017/01/04/5-satisfying-sex-positions-try-partner-micropenis/

Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:38am On Feb 11, 2017
Knew it. The Unilag I know will never make such a policy.

By the time, you gain admission into a university, you are at least 18, though you might also see those as old as 40.

At this level, a rational human being who has gone through primary and secondary school should know what is right for them.

Universities are not churches or mosques. If u decide to dress like a bi*ch or p*mp, society has a way of taking care of you.

This is not Iran, Iraq or Saudi Arabia. It is not called university (Universe City) for nothing.

At that level you should be able to decide which which path you want to take in life.

Universities have far more important things to worry about. Encourage decent dressing, but leave the implementation to churches , mosques and families.

12 Likes

Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by tunde81o: 7:39am On Feb 11, 2017
seriously !
Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by chefremy(m): 7:39am On Feb 11, 2017
what do you expect them to say,they will deny na ni.
Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by Adonis3: 7:40am On Feb 11, 2017
Sylverbox:
So it had to take more than one calender month before the University debunks such rumours. These are the issues...

I'm certain you don't have a calendar at home

#Adonis3HasSpoken

5 Likes

Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by babyfaceafrica: 7:42am On Feb 11, 2017
I know kolewerk

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by Adekunleideology(m): 7:43am On Feb 11, 2017
I am currently an Akokite,300l to be precise. I will have to inform you nairalanders that what is happening in unilag concerning how female student dress is currently an all time morally low,female students wearing tight fitted gown up and down,revealing dresses and displaying their curves at the same time and which is not of standard and largely indecent..

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by Abbeyme: 7:44am On Feb 11, 2017
They better deny.
Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by Businessideas: 7:44am On Feb 11, 2017
Vanguard has become so notorious for false information and clearly Pa Amuka had better save his newspaper from quacks and lazy bones parading themselves as Journalists before his vanguard dies like Daily Times. No wonder the newspaper doesn't sell

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by Derawiz(m): 7:49am On Feb 11, 2017
Dress code ke? It's only universities with Jobless and focus-lacking senate that would even be deliberating about the use of dresscode in a tertiary institution..
There is a reason why the tertiary institution is also called the 'higher' institution, you don't compel people on what to wear as it is believed that anyone in a tertiary institution is a mature mind and capable of taking his own decisions.
That's why I pity all these men that put their wards in all these rubbish private uni where you wear uniform, adhere to a food timetable,ring bell for sleep and so on.Your child might graduate with the knowledge but he won't have the survival instincts to fare in the labour market and outside world.Why? because everything was put in place for him like a cleared road which is very different from what life entails.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by mvem(m): 7:50am On Feb 11, 2017
dayowunmi:
I thought as much too. Don't see any reason why a federal university will be giving options on what students can wear or not wear. It's not a secondary school now neither is it a religious body owned school. If you can't deal with people dressing indescently when you eventually travel out someday and you come across a culture where women wear ridiculous dresses, what will you now do?
...so because people dress anyhow overseas that why we should accomodate any kind of dressing, same way we should accept homosexuality since it is very popular in the western world.The last time i checked we hv a culture and morals that is reflected in all part of our society and we were brought up with those too....Westernization is not civilization, the whites dont comform to our standards then why do the reverse.I see no reason why a school wether gov or private should not tell a student how to dress and been able to dress moderately.For education is not just book but good morals too and u in school to learn both.Thats why in ur degree certificate it is stated "having found worthy of character and learning"....character came first.There shouldnt be strict or controlling laws for its a university but they can moderate and regulate things are.....

8 Likes

Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by maxiuc(m): 7:51am On Feb 11, 2017
I will soon deny that I commented on this post

Ever since Apc came on board na wetin we dey see denied

Lie mohammads everywher
Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by oloriLFC(f): 7:51am On Feb 11, 2017
They should keep showing their thighs and cleavages then. Issorite
Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by Arise001: 7:51am On Feb 11, 2017
I no blame them. I blame GEJ.
Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by sakalisis(m): 7:52am On Feb 11, 2017
Ok
Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by ibadanfinest(m): 7:57am On Feb 11, 2017
Dress code or no dress code. students should be encouraged to dress decently and morally atleast to class.

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by Mandesz(m): 7:58am On Feb 11, 2017
stop indescent dressing
stop cultism
stop religion proliferation

..d things that kill our campuses!

how to stop these? ask prof. ishaq oloyede, jamb registrar.
Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 11, 2017
Only for naija
Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by Hayormeah(f): 8:06am On Feb 11, 2017
mvem:
...so because people dress anyhow overseas that why we should accomodate any kind of dressing, same way we should accept homosexuality since it is very popular in the western world.The last time i checked we hv a culture and morals that is reflected in all part of our society and we were brought up with those too....Westernization is not civilization, the whites dont comform to our standards then why do the reverse.I see no reason why a school wether gov or private should not tell a student how to dress and been able to dress moderately.For education is not just book but good morals too and u in school to learn both.Thats why in ur degree certificate it is stated "having found worthy of character and learning"....character came first.There shouldnt be strict or controlling laws for its a university but they can moderate and regulate things are.....

#wellsaid!

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by dayowunmi(m): 8:36am On Feb 11, 2017
mvem:
Am not saying we have to dress like the whites, i only cited that as an illustration. What am saying is, I don't see the need why dressing should be censured in an adult environment. Part of education also entails being able to deal and relate with people of different ideology and behaviors. Am sure that is part of education too isn't it? I may not like a person's dressing or beliefs for example, that however does not mean i agitate that his dressing or beliefs be outlawed. Variety is the spice of life. What kind of school is it where everyone dress similarly! Although not with uniforms but similar attires. Also, part of my grouse with this dress code thingy is this; had it been true, then I can say that it potentially gives powers to pervert lecturers to victimize students who don't cower to their requests. The circular that was widely circulated on social media directed that students should not wear tight fitting clothes. But what defines tight fitting? Does wearing fitted t-shirts fall in this category? Or jeans? Any lecturer can simply cite any of the points under the so called code and send a student out of his class arbitrarily. I still stand by my opinion sir, education although teaches morals but it also should teach diversity as well. A university committee out to be where people can be themselves, a heterogeneous community and not a homogeneous one. Also this issue of indescent dressing seem exaggerated as well. Although i don't know Unilag as such, i graduated from great ife few years back and there wasn't a helluva scantily dressed students around back then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by OBIGS(m): 8:51am On Feb 11, 2017
Chiefpriest1:
Knew it. The Unilag I know will never make such a policy.

By the time, you gain admission into a university, you are at least 18, though you might also see those as old as 40.

At this level, a rational human being who has gone through primary and secondary school should know what is right for them.

Universities are not churches or mosques. If u decide to dress like a bi*ch or p*mp, society has a way of taking care of you.

This is not Iran, Iraq or Saudi Arabia. It is not called university (Universe City) for nothing.

At that level you should be able to decide which which path you want to take in life.

Universities have far more important things to worry about. Encourage decent dressing, but leave the implementation to churches , mosques and families.
I like your way of thinking

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by akinlaso(m): 9:27am On Feb 11, 2017
university of Ilorin
academic stability
decent dresses
internet full access
educational technology
academic standard
we are better by far......

have you seen our new tablet given to all fresher?
hmm
lollipop 5.1
2gb ram
16gb ROM
3500mah
dual sim 3g enabled
2.0 USB port

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by TheVictorious(m): 10:31am On Feb 11, 2017
daewoorazer:
Whether they debunk or not, all Nigerian schools are nothing but shyteholes.

Until we have a young vibrant presido who can make intelligent policies

Maybe you dont know Covenant University is a Nigerian university!
Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by mvem(m): 10:47am On Feb 11, 2017
dayowunmi:

Am not saying we have to dress like the whites, i only cited that as an illustration. What am saying is, I don't see the need why dressing should be censured in an adult environment. Part of education also entails being able to deal and relate with people of different ideology and behaviors. Am sure that is part of education too isn't it? I may not like a person's dressing or beliefs for example, that however does not mean i agitate that his dressing or beliefs be outlawed. Variety is the spice of life. What kind of school is it where everyone dress similarly! Although not with uniforms but similar attires. Also, part of my grouse with this dress code thingy is this; had it been true, then I can say that it potentially gives powers to pervert lecturers to victimize students who don't cower to their requests. The circular that was widely circulated on social media directed that students should not wear tight fitting clothes. But what defines tight fitting? Does wearing fitted t-shirts fall in this category? Or jeans? Any lecturer can simply cite any of the points under the so called code and send a student out of his class arbitrarily. I still stand by my opinion sir, education although teaches morals but it also should teach diversity as well. A university committee out to be where people can be themselves, a heterogeneous community and not a homogeneous one. Also this issue of indescent dressing seem exaggerated as well. Although i don't know Unilag as such, i graduated from great ife few years back and there wasn't a helluva scantily dressed students around back then.
...i understand u...we re even
Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by daewoorazer(m): 12:19pm On Feb 11, 2017
TheVictorious:

Maybe you dont know Covenant University is a Nigerian university!

Maybe I don't know.... Maybe you shld Tel me d patents they hold.... Or are u just wowed by their aesthetics?
Re: UNILAG Management Denies Implementing New Dress Code For Students by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 11, 2017
akinlaso:
university of Ilorin
academic stability
decent dresses
internet full access
educational technology
academic standard
we are better by far......

I've you seen our new tablet given to all fresher?
hmm
lollipop 5.1
2gb ram
16gb ROM
3500mah
dual sim 3g enabled
2.0 USB port

Rily after sharing hot plate Windows tab

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Science Olympiad Competition Past Questions And Online Assessment / University Of Agriculture Makurdi Students Lament Over Poor Water Supply (Pics) / Top 23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.