Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code (28464 Views)

MTN Introduces 17-digit MTN Recharge PIN / Unboxing The Infinix Zero 4 Plus Infinix’s First 6-digit-priced Smartphone-mt / 15 Funny But True Experiences We've All Had On Whatsapp (with Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:07am On Feb 11, 2017
WhatsApp is finally rolling out the two-step verification feature to every users of its Android, iOS, and Windows Phone apps. The security feature was previously available to only beta users for some time now, but it has now been made official.

This feature allows you to create a six-digit pass-code that'll be required whenever your phone number is being verified on the app.

The two-step verification feature can be activated by going to Settings > Account > Two-step verification > Enable.

You'll also be able to add your e-mail address, although it's optional but can be useful in case you ever forget your pass-code.

WhatsApp won't be able to verify the accuracy of the email address you enter, so you need to enter it carefully to make sure that you're not locked out of your account if you forget your pass-code.
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:08am On Feb 11, 2017
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by DIIGZ(m): 7:10am On Feb 11, 2017
Welcome development

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by simplemach(m): 7:10am On Feb 11, 2017
Ok
But are you sure this does not mean more problems for whatsapp users? Make person come start dey memorise password again, if you forget your password, e don be for you.

2 Likes

Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by ciscoxx(m): 7:14am On Feb 11, 2017
More trouble for people we're no dy get MB for phone.. Or pls help me with ur phone..

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by tunde81o: 7:40am On Feb 11, 2017
ciscoxx:
More trouble for people we're no dy get MB for phone.. Or pls help me with ur phone..
funny
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by iluvpomo(m): 7:40am On Feb 11, 2017
Ok, I am waiting for BBM to do their own grin

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by Adonis3: 7:41am On Feb 11, 2017

Na dem sabi... If dem like make dem make am 50step verification

Who kuku dey find me??

#Adonis3HasSpoken
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by Costello559(m): 7:41am On Feb 11, 2017
Another way to suck mb... New way to make money... Zuck... U get brain oo
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by itzOluwa: 7:42am On Feb 11, 2017
person no go fit access my whatsapp without my permission abi?
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by holatimmy(f): 7:42am On Feb 11, 2017
That's more I like it grin grin grin
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by gqboyy(m): 7:42am On Feb 11, 2017
I only want to b seen online when I log into whatsapp. I hate it when am busy browsing and not in d mood for chat and then messages will start coming in. They shd correct this too

5 Likes

Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by anthoniosp(m): 7:44am On Feb 11, 2017
Something since 19 90 kpangolo
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by MVLOX(m): 7:44am On Feb 11, 2017
Noted
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by Collyno82(m): 7:44am On Feb 11, 2017
Good move to stop all these Edward Snowdon in form of wives

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:45am On Feb 11, 2017
It is noted.
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by LoveJesus87(m): 7:45am On Feb 11, 2017
Noted

Meanwhile

2 Likes

Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by GuDErboY(m): 7:45am On Feb 11, 2017
Cheating bfs n gfs sighted.....

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by nmreports: 7:48am On Feb 11, 2017
Does it mean that to open whatsapp you must enter this pass code @ naijatechguy
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by Deeypeey(m): 7:49am On Feb 11, 2017
gqboyy:
I only want to b seen online when I log into whatsapp. I hate it when am busy browsing and not in d mood for chat and then messages will start coming in. They shd correct this too
u can always ignore if u no wan chat na..even better,u can hide ur online status if u dnt wanna be seen...

2 Likes

Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by jerrywill(m): 7:50am On Feb 11, 2017
Mark and security...e b lyk im b cheat o #just_saying
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by afo86: 7:50am On Feb 11, 2017
Good development
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by sakalisis(m): 7:51am On Feb 11, 2017
Good
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by princefunmmy(m): 7:51am On Feb 11, 2017
What's the use of the security pass code? To me it makes no sense

2 Likes

Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 11, 2017
good
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by alobright17(m): 7:52am On Feb 11, 2017
whatsapp the best messaging app ever created.

2 Likes

Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by Koolking(m): 7:52am On Feb 11, 2017
Not necessary, there are thousands and one Apps you can use to lock and unlock access to your whatsapp.
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by snuupzilla: 7:52am On Feb 11, 2017
Wow this is awesome.

Guy pls i need help adding a US Number on Whatsapp, any solution?

Edited:

Got it added by websolushun. Thanks man
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by OgidiOlu3(m): 7:52am On Feb 11, 2017
gqboyy:
That's why it's called an Instant Messenger. As long as you're online, you'll receive IMs. You can always disable background data though so that the only app that'll use data will be the one you currently use.

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by thunderbabs: 7:53am On Feb 11, 2017
Na so dey go dey ask us our personal details till they enter us finish con dey scam us, dey hack us join......More security features, more trouble.
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by MCFRESH(m): 7:54am On Feb 11, 2017
Deeypeey:

u can always ignore if u no wan chat na..even better,u can hide ur online status if u dnt wanna be seen...
explain pls...
Re: You Can Now Protect Your Whatsapp With A 6 Digit Code by gqboyy(m): 7:54am On Feb 11, 2017
Deeypeey:

How do I hide my online status?. I thought only last seen status can be hidden

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Happens To Sim Numbers Of Deceased People? / Why Do Hackers Have Easy Access To Our Phones / First Impression And Unboxing Of The Boom J8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.