Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? (5245 Views)

Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God / Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? by Ranchhoddas: 10:15pm On Feb 11, 2017
obinna58:

This your question weak me though
I once had your kind of thoughts
Yeah. Until common sense became uncommon.
Re: Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? by Uyi168: 10:16pm On Feb 11, 2017
Elder sis went tru something similar..d man that treated her said she match some spiritual stuff..her leg became swollen and was in great pain..however,unlike d op story,my sis didnt get healed instantly o..

1 Like

Re: Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? by Ranchhoddas: 10:23pm On Feb 11, 2017
frank317:

They call it spiritual and leave open ended questions... That's how our forefathers called themselves spiritual and the white came and their wall crumbled. which wall

If they called it spiritual, how has it helped in understanding the situation. Here is the op who was healed looking for relevant possible explanations despite knowing it's spiritual[b]the OP challenged doubters to show that what happened to him was not spiritual[/b]

Do people ask such questions after going through even something as complications heart surgery? surgeons do not claim spirituality

If we all accept there is a spiritual healing process... What more can we do with it? Why are those spiritual healers relegated in the rural areas...? How can we expand the knowledge to help humanity? Or must it remain secret?

1 Like

Re: Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? by obinna58(m): 10:25pm On Feb 11, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Yeah. Until common sense became uncommon.
Haven't u gotten enough explanation yet
Or are u looking for fowls
Re: Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? by benzics(m): 10:26pm On Feb 11, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
People hack computers all the time. It's a terrible analogy. The rest of your post is well...
remember I said an impossible computer hack, not the usual hack we all know of... kiss
Re: Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? by modik(m): 10:37pm On Feb 11, 2017
frank317:
@winetapper,

That u don't understand how things work does not make it spiritual.. the healer u talk about knows his act and would probably prefer u think he has some supernatural power (so many humans enjoy being seen as super humans, even the so called ordinary pastors).
This is the difference with medical doctors. Imagine if the doctors were not as open with their method, just as our traditional fore fathers saw he white. Imagine having malaria and a doctor's gives u some round white chalks and u take them according to prescibtion... Isn't that magic/spiritual enough?
Trust me most traditional healers even think the are spiritual but know their process is systematic... Giving away their process will reduce the respect and rever u have for them.
Imagine the ordinary way we look at doctors who have healed millions with their knowledge but because they are open, we think they are just ordinary.
Trust me if the healer exposes his act to u, u will marvel.

My advice for u... It is very very wrong to assume what u dontunderstand as spiritual. this style kills ur curiosity and marks u gullible.

Thanks.

There are many questions you may not be able to answer going by your line of reasoning.

Believe it or not, the spirit is real. Feigning ignorance of this fact cannever diminish the reality of its veracity.
Re: Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 11, 2017
So u fell ill and no one in your whole community deemed it fit to go for a proper test............ Backward minded village people

1 Like

Re: Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? by winetapper: 5:47am On Feb 12, 2017
jizzus:
So u fell ill and no one in your whole community deemed it fit to go for a proper test............ Backward minded village people
when you have Head Ache, you take Panadol, why don't know take Blood tonic?
Simple you know the solution to the ache. Likewise mine, I have taken drugs but it had no effect, then my grandmum suggested it.

I too myself have tried to understand how the healing works in relation to science, why didn't I bleed or feel pains, why was I healed immediately, but it's just it, even if the Healer explains his Method to you, you will still not believe because science doesn't come in play.

It's same way we can never understand how God works, even if we study science to his infinite,
Just like when St. Augustin was trying to understand the Mystery of the Holy Trinity. He studied so hard to understand, so one day he went to the beach to relax. While relaxing he noticed a small boy will go to the Water with a Cup and fetch some water and quickly run back and pour it in a Hole, he kept on with the process and St. Augustin felt disturb and asked the kid what is he doing?
The kid said, he is trying to Fetch the whole water and Pour it inside the hole he dug.

Augustin was shocked and told him it's never possible the kid looked at him too and said. Its same too to him that it is impossible to understood the Holy Trinity.

My point is no matter how we try to understand or study the existence of God, you will never understand it. Rather Your Believe in life will keep you going provided you do what is right for Human Survival

Cc Seun
Avaa
Frank317
Benzics
Otemdomink
Obinna58

Ranchhoddas thanks for the replies
Re: Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? by Breakdbond: 10:22am On Feb 12, 2017
rosalieene:

I guess u are a Yoruba girl so u don't know about the ideology of 'pins'. Meanwhile this is spiritual pin not physical. Just pray you don't have encounter with an evil person so would put pin on your body
Spiritual pin seen with the physical eyes... Oya lemme come and be going

2 Likes

Re: Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? by onetrack(m): 1:04pm On Feb 12, 2017
winetapper:
when you have Head Ache, you take Panadol, why don't know take Blood tonic?
Simple you know the solution to the ache. Likewise mine, I have taken drugs but it had no effect, then my grandmum suggested it.

I too myself have tried to understand how the healing works in relation to science, why didn't I bleed or feel pains, why was I healed immediately, but it's just it, even if the Healer explains his Method to you, you will still not believe because science doesn't come in play.

It's same way we can never understand how God works, even if we study science to his infinite,
Just like when St. Augustin was trying to understand the Mystery of the Holy Trinity. He studied so hard to understand, so one day he went to the beach to relax. While relaxing he noticed a small boy will go to the Water with a Cup and fetch some water and quickly run back and pour it in a Hole, he kept on with the process and St. Augustin felt disturb and asked the kid what is he doing?
The kid said, he is trying to Fetch the whole water and Pour it inside the hole he dug.

Augustin was shocked and told him it's never possible the kid looked at him too and said. Its same too to him that it is impossible to understood the Holy Trinity.

My point is no matter how we try to understand or study the existence of God, you will never understand it. Rather Your Believe in life will keep you going provided you do what is right for Human Survival

This same argument can be used to justify any religious faith-based belief. I can use a similar argument to prove the existence of the old gods of Africa, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I can simply say that you cannot understand the ways of the Flying Spaghetti Monster no matter how much you study, but he exists.

1 Like

Re: Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? by Lucasinho(m): 2:13pm On Feb 12, 2017
Uyi168:
Elder sis went tru something similar..d man that treated her said she match some spiritual stuff..her leg became swollen and was in great pain..however,unlike d op story,my sis didnt get healed instantly o..
its quite different 4rm wat Op posted here...

Ur sister suffered 4rm wat We called 'ACHAEREE' in IGBo..
A kind of Spiritual Poison buried in the soil..might be @the victim door step...or where He/She normal walk through...once the Victim step on it...
he/she will notice a sudden pain..which will gradually develop to swollen legs...

1 Like

Re: Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? by Lucasinho(m): 2:30pm On Feb 12, 2017
And to those still doubting abt wat OP stated....

its nothing but the TRUE....Maybe U r not 4rm East...or U havent witness it before...

This particular Magical/Fetish Power is mostly experienced in some parts of Anambra state...n some other Eastern state..

People dat Practice this Evil act are called Ndi Oku Ntu in ibo lang....

This pin will be in your body and it have perilous effect on human body. it just like when you are being punctured by nail, if proper care is not taking, it develop a toxic minerals which are harmful. So this pin in your body will be responsible for severe illness. no amount of drugs prescribed by a doctor will cure your ailment. and if ever your tried injection (syringe medication) the person will die, or be disfigured physically. because this pins dn't work with injection. They are enemies and their reaction in their host is deadly and grave.

They have their way of sending it across spiritually. Otherwise physically via gunpowder or body contacts, mostly handshakes, pats, etc

One certain time i went to Anambra 4 a visit, i couldnt believe my eyes...

Oboy I enter a place called 'Nanka' 4 Anambra Naso I hear "give me 1 painter "

Another say give me ''2 painters"

I kukuma look well come see wetin dem de buy
U go discover say na pin.
Nanka anyigo...mhen
Re: Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? by frank317: 2:52pm On Feb 12, 2017
Breakdbond:

Spiritual pin seen with the physical eyes... Oya lemme come and be going

Imagine... A spiritual pin... Abi na physical pin, with spiritual characteristics.

People only get decieved becasue they actually make up their mind to be deceived

4 Likes

Re: Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? by sorextee(m): 3:26pm On Feb 12, 2017
A PIN was inserted spiritually, but was removed physically, without blood stains, or the person feeling the pains. This is something I still dont understand.
I read this story since in d morning, but I didnt comment till now cos I was waiting for my neighbor to return home, which he just did..

My neighbor once told me they sent a spiritual arrow from d village, to hit him, wen he was in lag.. Weeks later, his legs started swelling up. Long story short, a spiritualist came ND told him theres a spiritual arrow in his leg. He removed it, puss started coming outta his legs..

I had to ask him today, after reading this post, if he saw the arrow being pulled out? He told me he saw nothing, that it all happened in d spiritual.
That's why im still wondering how u saw those pins?

2 Likes

Re: Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? by petra1(m): 3:27pm On Feb 12, 2017
winetapper:
[color=#006600]
I am sure there are people who have related experience, please do share . I will like to see how Seun and his gang will debunk this. I am open of questions

I had similar experience once . I was praying for someone who was sick. She began to cough (sign that demons were being expelled ) but later in the night she coughed out a long pin.
Re: Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? by sorextee(m): 3:31pm On Feb 12, 2017
Op, maybe Na ur faith carry d healing. Afterall, they say if babalawo heal u, take d healing in good faith..

I bliv we all heard the story about a man who was ill, he went to see a herbalist. She told him to come back after few days, to collect a mixture. He went back on d said day. He didnt meet her, but d apprentice. The apprentice gave him a mixture.

He went home, drank it ND he became well. He went back to thank the woman. The herbalist said
DON'T MIND MY APPRENTICE. HE GAVE YOU MY URINE, NOT THE ONE I PREPARED FOR YOU.
Re: Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2017
Naturally, the next step is to investigate the actual process by which this is done.

Explaining a situation without collection of facts leads to poor analysis which then leads to wrong answers.

3 Likes

Re: Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? by Ermacc: 4:28pm On Feb 12, 2017
frank317:

No one is saying these things don't happen... But are they supernatural becasue we don't understand them? Is it safe to call any phenomenom we don't understand spiritual... Seriously, how does tagging unclear evens spiritual help us?
To me, it's safe to probably assume that there is a process that is yet clear to us... But calling it spiritual does not help us in anyway... God the healers process works but as long as he keep is secret, that's what it will remain but that does not make it spiritual because calling it spiritual...Is completely senseless and gullible, and keeps our knowledge stagnant.
If that is how u love to think, good for u.. but if u are open minded, u will really not think this way
what is the meaning of supernatural?
Re: Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? by frank317: 4:35pm On Feb 12, 2017
Ermacc:
what is the meaning of supernatural?

Beyond human explanation

But that does not mean than anything you can't explain is supernatural.

Supernatural might not really be real... How can we tell an event can never have explanation
Re: Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? by daremiarchs(m): 5:01pm On Feb 12, 2017
HateU2:
my Bro, I just want to fly away grin
Biko take me with you.
Re: Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? by Breakdbond: 7:56pm On Feb 13, 2017
frank317:

Imagine... A spiritual pin... Abi na physical pin, with spiritual characteristics.

People only get decieved becasue they actually make up their mind to be deceived
My hell mate u can imagine naa.. A spiritual pin seen with the physical eyes or is it the other way round? A spiritual movement out of the body but observed physically... #ourmumudonfullcup

3 Likes

Re: Seun And His Fellow Atheist, What's Your Say On This? by Kingbuhari(m): 10:39pm On May 27, 2023
When I was 10 they in early 90s my dad have little altercation with one of the neighbours something that is not serious before you knw all of us started falling sick one after the other after just a week , it started with our last born who later didn't make it alive, he fall sick , I followed, my parents took all of us to hospital but they didn't find anything , my late bro and I was most affected, the day he died, the last day we were rushed to the hospital unconscious his last moment has horrible according to my mum , blood were gushing out from all the opening in his body , nose eyes mouth ears etc , his eyes were yellow like someone with high fever, he died , I followed but mine was just lucky because help came from nowhere, one of our family friends who's 4 children perished in same circumstances came forward and directed my dad where he took us , despite we are from Anambra we didn't knw such exisr until that very day... this ntutu is real ..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Catholic Priest Gerald Njoku In Imo State Sends Old Man To Jail In A Bid To Take / •Sun-day Worship, A Christianized Form Of Sun Worship Cult / My Thoughts On Tithing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.