Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,567 members, 7,801,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. (43702 Views)

Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) / Man Withdraws Support For Apostle Suleman After Alleged New Evidence Emerges / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by lepasharon(f): 9:24pm On Feb 12, 2017
Omudia:
Thrash! The same medical doctors who have seen the wonders of prayers? Like women without wombs giving birth? Lol

Eh? Post ur proof for this

6 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by realmindz: 9:38pm On Feb 12, 2017
lepasharon:

Eh? Post ur proof for this

Too much nollywood is not good and those testimonies on local newspapers with no sources. e.g bird falls and turns to woman.

You will never see such news on CNN not even AIT. grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by avaa(m): 10:19pm On Feb 12, 2017
realmindz:

Did u just claim "No where"?

Btw, long time no see winnero1

These guys will type anything just to defend their god.
Last month, my mom's pastor came to our place, he met me down with the flu and decided to pray for me. I just couldn't contain the amazement. This is a man who recently came back from Kaduna where his eyes were operated on. The irony.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by avaa(m): 10:24pm On Feb 12, 2017
It is obvious prayer doesn't do shit. Anyone who wants to prove otherwise, I have two amputees, a wombless lady, and a lot of cripples, by cripple I mean those guys whose hands and legs have become dry and really deformed, not those cripples who wear socks and shoes. Anyone ready to heal them should pm me. And if you are sure your pastor can heal them, please reply quote this message.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by randomperson: 10:48pm On Feb 12, 2017
winner01:
It is not the task of Christianity to provide easy answers to every question, but to make us progressively aware of a mystery.
God is not so much the object of our knowledge as the cause of our wonder.

Those questions no matter how touching constantly reminds us that nowhere in God's word was man or christians promised a life free of pain. Nowhere in God's word was man promised the answers to all his questions.

God is and forever will be. We were created with limits and it's why we will forever wonder.
The bible says god will give his children whatever they ask. Is there any reason god should let someone suffer in pain until he dies despite painstaking prayers to him. Or what could possibly be the reasoning behind creating a person with no limbs...
I remember a front-page story about a girl who lived and died in a bowl... She was a Muslim and I asked myself, so by the Christian code, this girl will burn perpetually in hell. She was supposedly created by god into that mystery, achieved nothing with her life and then get reward is eternal torture??

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by CatfishBilly: 7:38am On Feb 13, 2017
Case number 6

This woman came in as a referral case from a maternity ran by a church (I don't get why churches have to operate maternities), she came in with a scan report saying that the baby already died inside the womb (Intrauterine fetal death). When I explained this to her, she broke down and started wailing, and explained to me that she has been childless for a while which made that pregnancy a precious one.

She started praying right there and then, commanding the baby to come back to life, after every round of prayer, she'll beg me to listen for any fetal heartbeat, I'll listen and inform her that there's none. She'll start again, got anointing oil from her church, prayed, applied the oil, did everything but still, the fetal heartbeat didn't come back. I watched her pray and I couldn't stand it anymore how broken she was, I had to leave her alone and gave her some privacy. She prayed till she finally had the baby (dead of course).

Even if you're a spirit filled (and all those other adjectives they use to describe strong Christians) Christian and you see prayers failing your patients at death's door every day, won't it make you reevaluate the importance of prayer?

Next Case (7)

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by avaa(m): 7:58am On Feb 13, 2017
CatfishBilly:
Case number 6

Evidences are littered all over the place. There is no god anywhere who gives a Bleep about us. I have personally seen enough to come to this conclusion. I witnessed a mad man killed a pastor's wife, the pastor's daughter, his (mad man) own wife, and a friend to the pastor's daughter. This is after the pastor organised a night-vigil for the mad-man. Why didn't they take this man to a psychiatric hospital? Your guess is as good as mine.
My great uncle also told me of a pastor who was being strangled to death by a mad man he was praying for. Nigger broke his restraint and pounced on the pastor. Luckily for him, some of his members were around, they ran to his rescue, in the process killing the mad man.
My family is a very religious one, but they know my stance on issues such as this, the annoying thing is that when this sorta issue comes up, all they have for defense are Nollywood movies. I can't help but SMH. The good thing is that my youngest sibling is following in my footsep.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by peacesamuel94(m): 8:18am On Feb 13, 2017
Op did some cherry picking, what about those that were prayed for and got healed? Prayer was never meant to work in every case.
Just as you said, you do not have the ability to measure faith, People can appear to have faith whereas within, they're doubters.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by CatfishBilly: 8:24am On Feb 13, 2017
peacesamuel94:
Op did some cherry picking, what about those that were prayed for and got healed? Prayer was never meant to work in every case.
Just as you said, you do not have the ability to measure faith, People can appear to have faith whereas within, they're doubters.
I'm yet to see a single case where prayers changed the Patient's fortunes. If I see one, trust me, I'll post it here. I really want to believe, but all I see all around me is evidence otherwise.
Which part of the Bible says that Prayer wasn't meant to work in every case?

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by peacesamuel94(m): 8:29am On Feb 13, 2017
CatfishBilly:

I'm yet to see a single case where prayers changed the Patient's fortunes. If I see one, trust me, I'll post it here. I really want to believe, but all I see all around me is evidence otherwise.
Which part of the Bible says that Prayer wasn't meant to work in every case?

what I meant was that according to the bible, the requirement prayer needs to guarantee answers is Faith. So Prayer doesn't get answered in every case, because not everyone who "appears" to have faith really does.

5 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Seun(m): 8:35am On Feb 13, 2017
peacesamuel94:
what I meant was that according to the bible, the requirement prayer needs to guarantee answers is Faith. So Prayer doesn't get answered in every case, because not everyone who "appears" to have faith really does.
Consider the millions of people all over the world who have prayed for ISIS to be wiped out. Is it really possible that not one of them has faith?

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by peacesamuel94(m): 8:48am On Feb 13, 2017
Seun:

Consider the millions of people all over the world who have prayed for ISIS to be wiped out. Is it really possible that not one of them has faith?

According to the Bible, Faith is not just a requirement, it is also in levels, it is possible, someone that has faith have prayed for the Annihilation of ISIS, but it is unlikely for Him/her to possess the degree of faith to make it come to pass.

However there are things that must happen as confirmation that the world is near its end. Maybe ISIS Is just one of them, and if it is, no amount of prayer can change it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Lagusta(m): 9:05am On Feb 13, 2017
CatfishBilly:
The first case really shook my faith and set me towards the path that I'm on right now.

A baby boy was brought, not up to one year old, unconscious. He had cerebral malaria and overwhelming sepsis. His case was a bad one. We admitted and started therapy.

He got better slightly, then, one day, he just got worse. This was the only child of the parents. His mother prayed from the afternoon non stop. Towards the evening, she was so weak she couldn't stand or talk, another mother in the ward had to come and help her with her prayers. She prayed till 9pm when the baby died. This was after approximately 8 hours of non stop praying. This really shook me. I asked myself, what kind of creator would watch his creation pray to him for that long with just one prayer request and refuse to grant it.

That was the beginning of my journey.

them for carry am go TB joshua nah.....
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Lagusta(m): 9:07am On Feb 13, 2017
felixomor:
Big LIE lipsrsealed

Doctors are the most religious among all groups of scientific cadres.

you are the liar here.....

I am a doctor, and from all my years of schooling and practice, i find VERY FEW doctors that are very religious... most of them are either moderates, liberals, agnostic or atheists.... the majority being liberals like me...

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Lagusta(m): 9:10am On Feb 13, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Failed prayers? I dey laugh. You atheists wake up each day and reassure yourself there is no God. It's really an obsession for you lot. The basis of Christian faith is the bible, and I'd have given you numerous reasons why such bad things may happen even to the very elect. But I know you'll dismiss the bible and some may use it as an opportunity to insult Christianity like it is done here everyday. You didn't give us instances of when prayer worked in your hospital? yes, that was your own doing docta.

prayers have not, and will never work....

its only evidence based medicine that works....

prayer can never miraculously cure cancer, or diabetes, or HIV, or sickle cell disease....

let me narrate my own story

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by CatfishBilly: 9:15am On Feb 13, 2017
peacesamuel94:

According to the Bible, Faith is not just a requirement, it is also in levels, it is possible, someone that has faith have prayed for the Annihilation of ISIS, but it is unlikely for Him/her to possess the degree of faith to make it come to pass.
Pastor Adeboye famously prayed and prophesied that Boko Haram would be crushed before the end of the year, that was at the peak of their powers. Last I heard, they carried out an attack last week. That's a General in God's army. His level of faith is unquestionable

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by realmindz: 9:25am On Feb 13, 2017
peacesamuel94:

do u know what a mustard seed is?

ur bible told u that with just a little bit of faith like a mustard seed, all things will be possible and goes ahead to tell u to ask for anything in his name and it will be done...

if you are in position to save your brother from a fire accident, will u wait for him to believe u can save him befr you do? will u even wait for him to beg befr u do?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by matrix600(m): 9:29am On Feb 13, 2017
peacesamuel94:

However there are things that must happen as confirmation that the world is near its end. Maybe ISIS Is just one of them, and if it is, no amount of prayer can change it.
One thing I've realised in Christianity is that no matter the outcome of any situation, there's always an excuse for God when things go wrong, God is never culpable, Christians fight so hard with enough excuses just to preserve the immunity of God. There's always an excuse. Always..

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by realmindz: 9:32am On Feb 13, 2017
peacesamuel94:

Faith of a mustard seed they say.....

And for the end time signs, that is the most ridiculous Christian claim of all time.

Earth quakes and other natural disasters, war and diseases have always been since inception and shall continue to be.

your bible never ever predicted this age of technological advancement, man landing on the moon, space technology, rockets, Information technology, satellites, automobiles, etc

it's so obvious your bible was written by ancient cave men talking of dragons and chariots in end time..

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Lagusta(m): 9:46am On Feb 13, 2017
While i was in medical school, pediatrics department, a child was rushed into the emergency...

she was 7yrs, weak, breathing heavily, did not respond to stimulus or calls, "paper white" pale....

The registrar that saw sent for investigations, struggled to set up IVF (all veins had collapsed)....

when the senior registrar came in, he recognized her immediately

"anti, so you are back"

we were confused then, but after sometime the child started gasping, we tried resuscitating, CPR, AMBU bag, we did everything, but she died ultimately....

after all the wailing and grief counseling, the senior registrar told us the story of how the mother first came about 5yrs ago when he was just starting residency, the child was diagnosed sickle cell. The departmen managed her until after sometime when she absconded, child came back with so-called "malaria symptoms" but our oga asked why she absconded, she said she was taken to a pastor in a very popular church whwere she went through prayer and deliverance, and the genotype changed from SS to AA... she even brought the result done by one make shift lab (maybe affiliated to the church).

Anyway, post_mortem results showed the child was STILL SS, PCV was 8% (normal should be more than 35%, even some SCD have PCV of 23%) and had heavy malaria parasitemia (+++)

so what do we have to say about that??

41 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by hopefulLandlord: 9:50am On Feb 13, 2017
peacesamuel94:

mustard seed bro

mustard seed

BTW, who needs the faith? the patient? the "healer"? the viewers? or all 3?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by avaa(m): 9:55am On Feb 13, 2017
I just can't help but marvel at the level of their dishonesty. They keep making excuses for their god. It is clearly stated in the bible that whatever you ask in Jesus name shall be given. I know of many men of god whose faith are surely larger than a mustard seed. But they can't do jack. All the testimonies I keep hearing are healings from back pain, stomach pain, barrenness broken, miracle jobs, miracle visas and the likes.
Abeg these ones na miracle?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by avaa(m): 10:05am On Feb 13, 2017
realmindz:

Faith of a mustard seed they say.....

And for the end time signs, that is the most ridiculous Christian claim of all time.

Earth quakes and other natural disasters, war and diseases have always been since inception and shall continue to be.

your bible never ever predicted this age of technological advancement, man landing on the moon, space technology, rockets, Information technology, satellites, automobiles, etc

it's so obvious your bible was written by ancient cave men talking of dragons and chariots in end time..

That end time shit annoys the crap outta me. For fycks sake, wars, tragedies and all other Whatnots is as old as the history of man himself. Religion is really dangerous, it stops people from actually using their brain.
For example, when Jesus made that statement, Rome was busy expanding its empire all over the world. Before it was the Persian empire. Sometime ago it was Europe, right now, USA seems poised to take over. So how is that a prophecy? Whatever the heck that is.
Wake people. You have been scammed.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by peacesamuel94(m): 10:07am On Feb 13, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

mustard seed bro

mustard seed

BTW, who needs the faith? the patient? the "healer"? the viewers? or all 3?

There was a story of a boy In the bible, who had an ailment, the disciples tried to heal him but their efforts proved abortive. When Jesus came He called them Men of little faith( not men of no faith).

The mustard seed kind of faith is capable of moving mountains, but mountains are in sizes.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by tonio2wo: 10:07am On Feb 13, 2017
CatfishBilly:
The first case really shook my faith and set me towards the path that I'm on right now.

A baby boy was brought, not up to one year old, unconscious. He had cerebral malaria and overwhelming sepsis. His case was a bad one. We admitted and started therapy.

He got better slightly, then, one day, he just got worse. This was the only child of the parents. His mother prayed from the afternoon non stop. Towards the evening, she was so weak she couldn't stand or talk, another mother in the ward had to come and help her with her prayers. She prayed till 9pm when the baby died. This was after approximately 8 hours of non stop praying. This really shook me. I asked myself, what kind of creator would watch his creation pray to him for that long with just one prayer request and refuse to grant it.

That was the beginning of my journey.

pastors are our major problem. they will tell u that u lack faith if u go for treatment for any ailment. they will tell u to pray it out.
God is not stupid and cannot be tempted! he already provided the knowledge for treatment and drugs but idiots keep testing him. that child died out of negligence and carelessness from his parent, why wait till the malaria become critical. am sure they were doing "u r healed by faith"

leave God out of peoples foolishness.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by tonio2wo: 10:09am On Feb 13, 2017
CatfishBilly:
The second case that I want to share here happened right inside a church where I went for Sunday service.

Now this Preacher has spent the entire church service mocking contemporary medicine going on and on about how drugs, hospitals were useless in the face of prayers.

As the service was going on, a Man rushed in with his baby, crying profusely and dropped him at the altar. Apparently, the baby was critically sick and at the point of death, so he brought the baby to church.

Now, this Preacher didn't even break his stride or look in the general direction of the baby, he just said "One of the Pastors should come and take care of this" and continued lambasting doctors and hospitals.

The Pastors and some Deacons took the baby to an office and they all joined hands together and prayed for the baby before sending the baby to, you've guessed it, A HOSPITAL where the baby later died.

Which got me wondering, why didn't the creator answer the prayers of his servants in the midst of a sermon where they were mocking modern healthcare or act on the faith of the father who brought his dying baby to his house.

Next Story

because the pastors and deacons are stupid and foolish!

you cannot temp GOD!

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Setaje(f): 10:10am On Feb 13, 2017
This same God healed someone I no of cancer wiv out even taking drugs or chemotherapy. This same God healed someone that had issue of blood for 5 years. Yes the person bled for five years. Wore pad everyday. I just laugh at you people. For as many unanswered prayers you no, there are many answered prayers to counter it. Whether you believe or not, I am a living testimony.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Seun(m): 10:10am On Feb 13, 2017
peacesamuel94:
So there is no single Christian on earth who truly believes that God can destroy ISIS in a blink of an eye or at least within a few days? Come on!

If an almighty God existed, and he wanted to end the world, he would just say to the world, "end!" He wouldn't need ISIS to help him with that.

I fear that we're going off topic. It's not clear that faith has anything to do with healing. You can be healed without faith, or die with faith.

28 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Originality007: 10:10am On Feb 13, 2017
many people believe there is no God, but they believe there is witches and Wizard

3 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by nanizle(m): 10:11am On Feb 13, 2017
@CatfishBilly If you understand that religion is a man-made concept then everything falls into place. Religion is primarily a means to control people.

My advice for you is to simply discard religious dogma and leave a good life. Even the Pope says living a good life alone will get you into Heaven (assuming there is one).

Prayer does not work. It never does. Prayer has no effect on anything. It only gives some kind of psychological satisfaction. That is why till today no pastor/prophet has regrown limbs. Dem no even near ebola patients that time. They only exploit the fact that most people believe on all kinds of things without evidence.

Na so one talk say him drive from Ibadan to Lagos on Empty fuel tank

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by tonio2wo: 10:12am On Feb 13, 2017
akintom:
Embarrassed for Jesus

I once had to sort out the rehabilitation of a stroke client, who is a vice president of an international church, with headquarters in Nigeria.

Most of my sessions with him was focused more, on how i can help him out of the depression that got him. He was thoroughly disillusioned, can't understand why a pastor at his level of "anointing", could be down with stroke.

And when he even recovered to the level that he could resume his duties, he still will not resume. His reason was how to cope with the "embarrassing" looks of his members.

Most of the religious folks who came down with complications of DM and HTN, had thrown away their medications, because their pastors instructed them so.

The ignorance of the religious folks, is one of the grave challenges, that faces effective health management in Nigeria today.

Next Story

we can go on and on concerning this issue. its not all pastors that are real there are a lot of fake evil diabolic ones. any pastor that tells his members such belong to such group.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Churches & Mosques To Resume Services In Lagos As Sanwo-Olu Isues Guidelines / Nigerian Preacher Arrested For Public Disturbance In London(pics) / Love Oyedepo Welcomes Baby Girl (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.