Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,715 members, 7,802,162 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

African Civet Captured At The Isiokpo/Akpulu Hunting Festival 2017 (Photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Civet Captured At The Isiokpo/Akpulu Hunting Festival 2017 (Photos) (38945 Views)

Edo Festival 2017 Live (photos) / ILE IFE ' Olojo Festival 2017' - Pictures / Akwa Ibom State Carnival 2017 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Civet Captured At The Isiokpo/Akpulu Hunting Festival 2017 (Photos) by corlin2(m): 10:17pm On Feb 11, 2017
My heart melted .

Poor creatures, killed in masses .

Wish they would all varnish from that fu**king village or community. Let me know what these idiots will hunt next.

Maybe their familes .
Animal cruelty.

Too much of everything is really Bahd..
Re: African Civet Captured At The Isiokpo/Akpulu Hunting Festival 2017 (Photos) by jhenie(f): 10:25pm On Feb 11, 2017
Wish i was still in the villa, husby would have joined. Missed out embarassedWish i was still in the villa, husby would have joined. Missed out
Re: African Civet Captured At The Isiokpo/Akpulu Hunting Festival 2017 (Photos) by eenai(m): 10:28pm On Feb 11, 2017
THIS IS WRONG. We cannot be destroying our forest and animals like this. Posterity will not forgive us.
Re: African Civet Captured At The Isiokpo/Akpulu Hunting Festival 2017 (Photos) by Nofuckgiven: 10:53pm On Feb 11, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

It is the only language the real bigots seem to understand; they are being given a taste of their own medicine and therefore slowly beginning to appreciate what if feels like to be at the end of incessant unwarranted insults and abuses; eventually they will come to realise that they do not have a monopoly of bigotry and will get as much as they dish out; hopefully they will know the meaning of mutual respect - until then, the lesson will continue till we reach detente.
No comment. It will never stop as long as you continue like this. Goodluck though undecided
Re: African Civet Captured At The Isiokpo/Akpulu Hunting Festival 2017 (Photos) by Nofuckgiven: 11:08pm On Feb 11, 2017
Ontarget:

They also reproduce? So what happens when they are killed faster than they reproduce?
Any proof to back up your claim?? undecided
Re: African Civet Captured At The Isiokpo/Akpulu Hunting Festival 2017 (Photos) by akigbemaru: 11:24pm On Feb 11, 2017
Civets killed!
Re: African Civet Captured At The Isiokpo/Akpulu Hunting Festival 2017 (Photos) by chuks34(m): 11:26pm On Feb 11, 2017
Jerry2i:
Wow. I never knew this kind of thing is happening in my community.
#proudlyAkpulian
wu ur community epp grin
If una hunt all de animals for akpulu make una no near akokwa o
Re: African Civet Captured At The Isiokpo/Akpulu Hunting Festival 2017 (Photos) by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:28pm On Feb 11, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

No comment. It will never stop as long as you continue like this. Goodluck though undecided
Touche!
Re: African Civet Captured At The Isiokpo/Akpulu Hunting Festival 2017 (Photos) by BalogunIdowu(m): 11:41pm On Feb 11, 2017
we continue to hunt animals that can be conserved, learn more about, document on them...
Re: African Civet Captured At The Isiokpo/Akpulu Hunting Festival 2017 (Photos) by Trendirabingi: 7:14am On Feb 12, 2017
blues2022:
Isiokpo community in Imo State. Was thinking its just Rivers State that got that name. undecided
i wonder o my broda...wonder the kind of informations people reel out here in nairaland....i have always known isiopko to be in rivers state , a community b4 elele, coming from portharcourt...i wonder what this "isiokpo in an igbo land" information means ooo
Re: African Civet Captured At The Isiokpo/Akpulu Hunting Festival 2017 (Photos) by MtuMsuper: 8:41am On Feb 12, 2017
@Muafrika2 wanakula paka
Re: African Civet Captured At The Isiokpo/Akpulu Hunting Festival 2017 (Photos) by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 12, 2017
MtuMsuper:
@Muafrika2 wanakula paka

Hujuma sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Civet Captured At The Isiokpo/Akpulu Hunting Festival 2017 (Photos) by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 12, 2017
SmartMugu:
Why must everything be killed in Nigeria? Why do many countries prefer to keep certain animals alive, yet we keep killing and eating same animals some countries think should be preserved.
Are that hungry? Are we that backward?
The outside world already thinks we are savages no matter our levels of education, exposure and experience, why make them think they're right with acts like this?

What about cattle and poultry we keep killing and consuming daily? Oga these animals too plenty inside bush. And they kill us too.

1 Like

Re: African Civet Captured At The Isiokpo/Akpulu Hunting Festival 2017 (Photos) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 12, 2017
Trendirabingi:
i wonder o my broda...wonder the kind of informations people reel out here in nairaland....i have always known isiopko to be in rivers state , a community b4 elele, coming from portharcourt...i wonder what this "isiokpo in an igbo land" information means ooo
It simply means that both community could be linked. Isiokpo means the same thing in both languages.
Re: African Civet Captured At The Isiokpo/Akpulu Hunting Festival 2017 (Photos) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 12, 2017
Make research first, ask questions first.OK tell me, are you the only person bearing your name? Isiokpo is in Rivers and also in Imo. In Imo state, Isiokpo has a common boundary with Akokwa, Obodoukwu, Akpulu also Uga in Anambra state. See how it was explained above. That means you don't know much as you claimed.
Trendirabingi:
Re: African Civet Captured At The Isiokpo/Akpulu Hunting Festival 2017 (Photos) by ChinonsoDike2: 4:46pm On Feb 12, 2017
SmartMugu:
Why must everything be killed in Nigeria? Why do many countries prefer to keep certain animals alive, yet we keep killing and eating same animals some countries think should be preserved.
Are that hungry? Are we that backward?
The outside world already thinks we are savages no matter our levels of education, exposure and experience, why make them think they're right with acts like this?

Blacks are subhuman.
Re: African Civet Captured At The Isiokpo/Akpulu Hunting Festival 2017 (Photos) by asha80(m): 2:23pm On Feb 13, 2017
banttieman:

What about cattle and poultry we keep killing and consuming daily? Oga these animals too plenty inside bush. And they kill us too.
typical african response

1 Like

Re: African Civet Captured At The Isiokpo/Akpulu Hunting Festival 2017 (Photos) by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 17, 2017
DALU NWA OSA
ochiora:
Op that's St. John's Isiokpo right? Isiokpo my umere nne..OP De Nna ooo!
Re: African Civet Captured At The Isiokpo/Akpulu Hunting Festival 2017 (Photos) by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 17, 2017
See these people complaining as if they have stopped eating meat. Shaking my head. They dont even know they are guilty of this too once they are still eating meat.
Re: African Civet Captured At The Isiokpo/Akpulu Hunting Festival 2017 (Photos) by StarFlux: 3:20am On Feb 18, 2017
Obimgbo:
See these people complaining as if they have stopped eating meat. Shaking my head. They dont even know they are guilty of this too once they are still eating meat.

It's not so much about whether one eats meat or not, but more about whether it is sustainable or not. That is also to say that, compared to ancestral times, respect for animal life has dwindled. Often animals are killed in the pursuit of profit and not mere survival and self-sustenance. Therefore you have to distinguish between these two categories.

Said differently: Eating meat from common cows does not compromise these animals' continued survival, because these cows in specific are plentiful. However, it is clearly necessary to regard the life you eat as, in fact, life. Life in all its forms requires respect because it provides you with the means to see another day. Actively pursuing life for other goals than being able to maintain your own life, must never be taken lightly. It is when you start taking life lightly that disregard becomes a reality.

Even if you won't aknowledge what I just wrote, you should accept the fact that driving animals extinct will leave you with no animals to eat at all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oluwo Of Iwo: "Banky W Cancer Should Come And Afflict Me" / Ooni Ogunwusi Meets Prince Charles & Lady Camilla (Pictures) / Photos From Ooni Of Ife's Wedding Thanksgiving Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.