Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Have You Watched Someone Die Before? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Have You Watched Someone Die Before? (1168 Views)

Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 / Have You Ever Watch Someone Die / I May Die Before My 28th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by phensbassey: 2:42pm On Feb 11, 2017
I was in a hospital few days ago, I had to spend the night there because I was admitted to receive treatment.

The facilities there were nothing to write home about, I remembered thinking how those nurses and orderlies would handle an emergency. Cause all they did throughout the night was chit charting.

I laid on my bed trying to get some sleep, which became impossible due to the unrelenting efforts of mosquitoes, fortunately I did get few hours of sleep.

By 6am I awoke to the loud voices of some group of men with a young man on a wheelchair. The man on the chair looked frail, though not disabled from what I heard, he looked healthy the previous day..

The men obviously his relatives helped him to the bed beside mine, after having a brief inaudible discussion with a nurse, the men left to make payments, not knowing that they just saw sam as he was called alive for the last time..
Re: Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by Nutase: 2:48pm On Feb 11, 2017
Weird undecided
Re: Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by thesicilian: 3:21pm On Feb 11, 2017
Valla mogulis
Re: Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by sirfee(m): 4:13pm On Feb 11, 2017
angry angryYes of course,I lost my younger brother on the 25th of April 2010.I was sitting beside his bed when he died,that's why I hate doctors and hospitals till date.Rip Sylvain
Re: Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by skinflint(m): 4:17pm On Feb 11, 2017
Yes, my dad. He slowly gave up in the car whilst we were on our way to the hospital; it was a tragic scene to behold.
Re: Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by phensbassey: 4:28pm On Feb 11, 2017
The patient in question was diagnosed with anemia, by 7:30 he began having difficulties breathing, and was wheezing like an asthmatic patient..

To my utmost surprise the nurses, instead of administering a breathing aid, which they had none, just sat and was asking Sam, (who was unable to speak due to what I now perceive to be a cardiac arrest) irrelevant questions..

The scene was disturbing, he fell to the ground and was helped up the bed. I just laid on the bed and watched unable to help, the nurses doing nothing to help, and Sam groaning, and gasping for breath.

Few minutes later Sam seemed to be in a state of rest, there was no motion, no noise, everyone staring in suspense, the youngest nurse was asked to investigate what happened.

she took his hand to feel for pulse, after some seconds, looking up to the other nurses, she shook her head. The eldest of the nurses approached the bed and did CPR (
cardiopulmonary resuscitation) a poor effort at that.

It was already to late...Sam was laying lifeless on the bed.. dead and cold...The men who brought him were called.

I was heartbroken as I watched the faces of his relatives staring in shock and disbelief at his corpse... I couldn't hold back tears..an event I wish to erase from my memory.

THIS LIFE IS JUST LIKE A MIST, WHICH APPEARS FOR TODAY, AND DISAPPEARS TOMORROW..

feel free to share yours....
Re: Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by phensbassey: 4:30pm On Feb 11, 2017
Mr frostland what about you?
Re: Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by phensbassey: 4:33pm On Feb 11, 2017
thesicilian:
Valla mogulis
Villa doheires
Re: Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by thesicilian: 5:03pm On Feb 11, 2017
phensbassey:
Villa doheires
indeed
Re: Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by GdexFolami(m): 5:22pm On Feb 11, 2017
What the Bleep!! Sometimes I wish I won't die...
Re: Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by phensbassey: 5:43pm On Feb 11, 2017
GdexFolami:
What the Bleep!! Sometimes I wish I won't die...
broda you notthe only one
Re: Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 11, 2017
Severally
Re: Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by frostland(m): 7:33pm On Feb 12, 2017
phensbassey:
Mr frostland what about you?
me nooooo who u watch die?
Re: Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by phensbassey: 10:53pm On Feb 12, 2017
frostland:
me nooooo who u watch die?
few days ago when they admit me for hospital.. na one young guy like this.. wey dey keep for bed besides my own I just can't get over it
Re: Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by acevic: 11:30pm On Feb 12, 2017
5th of January, my dad died literally in my arms.
Re: Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by Lagusta(m): 11:42pm On Feb 12, 2017
@op which hospital is that, I'm interested in the case.....

Anyway my father died while I was holding his hand, and when he died I closed his eyes...

I helped with washing his body, wrapping him with the shroud, and I bid him farewell for the last time....

Since that day nothing ever shook me, even when a 4yr old died while I was giving him a CPR.....
Re: Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by phensbassey: 10:28pm On Feb 13, 2017
Lagusta:
@op which hospital is that, I'm interested in the case.....

Anyway my father died while I was holding his hand, and when he died I closed his eyes...

I helped with washing his body, wrapping him with the shroud, and I bid him farewell for the last time....

Since that day nothing ever shook me, even when a 4yr old died while I was giving him a CPR.....
how do you stand unshaken with all those scene? I get really down, when I remember...
Re: Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by obamd: 3:26am On Feb 14, 2017
Watching someone slip from life to death is phenomenal.

The mere thought that anyone can die from any cause is scary. Worse still if you've witnessed and certified more than a hundred deaths.
Re: Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by Lagusta(m): 8:25am On Feb 14, 2017
phensbassey:
how do you stand unshaken with all those scene? I get really down, when I remember...

my father dying in front of me removed the "boy" in me, and made me a man!!!
Re: Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by phensbassey: 8:52am On Feb 14, 2017
Lagusta:

my father dying in front of me removed the "boy" in me, and made me a man!!!
so you saying after all these time, no single wind of grief?
Re: Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by Lagusta(m): 9:25am On Feb 14, 2017
phensbassey:
so you saying after all these time, no single wind of grief?

well, maybe because i lost my mom (who was closer to me ) 2yrs prior.....
Re: Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by frostland(m): 8:41pm On Feb 17, 2017
phensbassey:
few days ago when they admit me for hospital.. na one young guy like this.. wey dey keep for bed besides my own I just can't get over it
Re: Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by missioner(m): 9:47pm On Feb 17, 2017
Death is a garment all we wear
Re: Have You Watched Someone Die Before? by phensbassey: 9:50pm On Feb 17, 2017
missioner:
Death is a garment all we wear
and like a garment, can be removed

(1) (Reply)

Vaginal Yeast Infection (candidiasis) / B17: The Miracle Vitamin That Prevents And Reverses Cancer / Stop Your Running Nose Overnight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.