Stats: 3,149,822 members, 7,806,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. (59925 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by kaypumpin2(m): 11:16pm On Dec 05, 2009
New thread on the day we beat Stoke. . let's hope we maintain a good run as it is the usual after massive spanking from Citeh. grin tongue
Where 'em lads are this night for post match analysis.Dudu,Kit,Loyika,Debosky,Edo and the rest.

And Muki where u sef?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Cristalz(f): 11:24pm On Dec 05, 2009
So you guys managed to win. grin
Let's see how long it'll last. Anywayz, seems Diaby and Bendtner will rejoin the squad soon.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by edoyad(m): 11:32pm On Dec 05, 2009
Arsenal will win their next 15 EPL games and go into the record books . grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by follypimpi(m): 11:33pm On Dec 05, 2009
Well i see us beating Liverpool by 2 goals to 1.Kirisi or kiristali  dont hate !!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by kaypumpin2(m): 11:34pm On Dec 05, 2009
Cristalz:

So you guys managed to win. grin
Let's see how long it'll last. Anywayz, seems Diaby and Bendtner will rejoin the squad soon.

Manage to win when we had litany of misses than could sink the titanic?
But for the fact the dudes had the bad weeks playing at the back of their mind,it could have been a replay of Tott-Wigan match. grin

Bendtner is still 2-3 weeks away but if feelers from the physio is anything to go by,Eduardo(has a thigh problem) and Diaby should be available next week.
Of course our carling cup can go garner more experience against Olympiakos.

Anfield here we come.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by edoyad(m): 12:09am On Dec 06, 2009
Ahhhhhhhh shocked !
Sorry y'all, saw our net rattle from Adebayor goal. But we didn't face Ade today did we ? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by duduspace(m): 2:39am On Dec 06, 2009
So its Anfield next, no shaking I believe the boys are up to the task afterall they beat a team including Stevie G, Fowler, Alonso and Bellamy when they were barely out of their teens. grin
Why is Bendtner's return so far away, we need him as soon as possible even though Arshavin gave us something to smile about today. If Eduardo needed a reminder of how to play the striker role in our formation he got one today.
I've also been impressed with Traore's performance ever since coming into the left back role, he has been giving stellar performances
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by biina: 3:56am On Dec 06, 2009
Sebi wenger wan buy striker in January? though, at the prices u guys shop, it will be difficult to find one that is not cup tied.

Playing at Anfield, Liverpool should be able to beat Arsenal, else their season is over and they should sack Rafa. Best Arsenal can hope for is a draw, and even that should signal the end for Rafa.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by eyoniggar(m): 8:42am On Dec 06, 2009
http://goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/12/05/1668653/cesc-fabregas-could-still-join-barcelona-report

Fab may leave soon. Gaynners start praying, there is a Redeem program in Ibadan Express way on the 19th, it may help too if fans can attend. If Fab leaves, ur team will flop.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by yousouph(m): 9:05am On Dec 06, 2009
Any website can report whatever they like, FAB4 aint going nowhere. How many times is he going to say that. Liverpool are beatable now with their form but at vociferous ANFIELD anything can happen.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Gooner2(m): 10:50am On Dec 06, 2009
I missed the Birmingham game because I was trying to make you happy; ok I thought I owed you one at that point in time. Thinking the game was for 3; I was ok with seeing a movie I’d already seen with you at 3:45 just to make you happy again. And then you had to go get your clothes from the tailor halfway across the city and only get home at 3:30 and you expect me to be ok with leaving at 4 to see a 5 O’ Clock movie when I could be watching football on the telly? You must be joking. It’s God, Arsenal, Me and everyone else…If you can’t deal with it then “intimacy“ it!…And then you ask me to decide whether I still want to go or not? Of course I’d pick Arsenal over you anyday! What the “intimacy“? See ehn, if you think throwing a glass at me would get me change my mind, you must be joking. You know all you succeeded in doing was chip the paint on the RAV 4. When you calm down and are ready to be civil you know how to reach me.

Geez…that’s what you get for fratanising with someone who supports Man Utd. “Excretae!” I’m “urinated”

An interesting stat popped up recently which revealed that Arsenal hadn’t scored in the first 15 minutes of a match this season. True to form, after finally finding suitable parking and walking a couple of yards to one of many viewing centres I have identified for use on days like this, I arrived just in time to hear the fans shout Goal after Arshavin put us ahead in the 25th minute. I learnt that Cesc had earlier missed a penalty and after seeing the replay, I don’t think he looked confident enough to take the penalty. Maybe he was reflecting on the fact that it was his 250th game as an Arsenal player!

It was a nervy game and whilst Stoke never really posed much of an offensive threat with Beattie and Fuller on the bench, it was a rather physical game and I’m surprised we were able to cope quite well in the absence of the suspended Song. It was intersting to see Nasri slotted nicely into midfield (I think) and Eboue on the right side of the attack. At some point the lads I was watching the game with had to ask how was the top striker…Arshavin? Eboue? No one really knew as it seemed they were quite content with mixing it up and keeping it lively.

In our last two games, Arsene has made changes at half time which were not due to injury or sending offs but simply tactical decisions. While the decision to take Song off at half-time against Chelsea was puzzling. I could understand why he brought on Vela in place of Rosicky who to me was unimpressive and kept losing the ball. A spell on the sidelines should knock some sense into him. Senderos apparently is still alive and he reappeared on the bench today although as expected, Silvestre took his place after an(other) injury to Traore late on in the game. Is there a curse on our left backs or what? “Excretae!”

Whilst a few were unimpressed with Ramsey after his uninspiring display against Sunderland, I think he did quite well after coming on for Eboue who looked like he picked up a knock. While he still had one or two wayward passes, his finish after a neat one two with Arshavin was excellent. He already has 5 starts and 12 substitute appearances and is well on course to surpassing the target of of 15-20 games set by Arsene at the begining of the season.

Speaking to the press after the match, the boss had this to say on Arshavin’s central role

“When it works, they like it. I don’t think he was a fanatic to play centre forward but I am convinced because he has good body power and movement and good technique. He has intelligent movement and it worked today. He could have had two or three goals and overall he did very well.I have to try it again and to see if it works at home, away from home and to find as well a balance because I had many technical players around him with Rosicky, Nasri, Fabregas, Eboue, and all penetrating from deep positions. That is needed when you have a player like Arshavin. We will see but at the moment we do not have much choice with Walcott out, Bendtner out, Van Persie of course. But we could get Walcott back, we could get Bendtner back in two to three weeks. We had as well Diaby and Song out today, they should be available next week”

You can find the official match report here. - the links are on the blog

As expected Man Utd trounced West Ham and Liverpool drew nicely with Blackburn who could have easily won the game if they had a little more quality in their ranks. The surprise result was Chelsea losing 2-1 to Citeh! Should it really be a surprise? I don’t really think so after all they are a decent side and needed a big win like this to end their horrid run of 7 draws on the trot. While I would have preferred a draw, the result in a way gives credence to Wenger’s view that they would still drop points throughout the season. What this means for us is that we are now 8 points behind leaders Chelsea (6 behind Utd) with a game in hand and in 3rd place…at least until Sp*rs play – hope they lose too!

We need to build on this win and take it one step further next weekend against Liverpool as although it’s an away game, we play them at a time where the aren’t in the best of form and a solid result against them could serve as further momentum we need for a good run of games till January when we have an opportunity to strengthen the team as is required. Whilst I am confident in Arsene’s ability to act in the best interests of the team, I have been listening to various debates and discussions on the issue of transfers and the most lucid of them tow the line our major area of concern should not be attack (even though RVP is crocked till April) but rather defence. By the way the boss has ruled out signing either Dzeko (too expensive) or Chamakh (unavailable)

Our centre backs have been ever present this season as unlike the full back slots where the boss has shuffled between Eboue and Sagna (tactical) at right back and Clichy, Gibbs and Traore (injury) at left back, a serious injury to either Gallas or Vermaelen would leave us with the following immediate options – Silvestre and Senderos…inasmuch as I love to be objective on issues, it is clear that these two are not in the best of books of a majority of Arsenal fans and while I think Silvestre is able to read the game well and know what to do, his body is not always able to react as well as he wants it too which is why he often ends up chesting the ball to the opponent, or falling over in the box. Senderos has been out of the mix for so long that it was surprising to see him on the bench today. I don’t know, but I feel it is in this area we need to reinforce first. The player doesn’t need to be a World Class player like Gallas or the Verminator, but he must be efficient enough to provide sufficient cover for either of the two should they be injured. The boss keeps talking about a new contract for Gallas and Rosicky but he says nothing about Silvestre who’s contract also expires in the summer; that should tell you something!

You know what why don’t we just get maximum points from December then we can talk about transfers on 01/01/2010 eh?

Till tomorrow…Victoria Concordia Crescit.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Ibime(m): 11:44am On Dec 06, 2009
Can one of the kind gunners in the house answer these questions for me:

(1.) When is Clichy due to return?

(2.) Traore picked up an injury. Is it serious? If so, how long is he expected to be out.

(2.) How long is Eduardo out for?

I am planning my fantasy team.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by kaypumpin2(m): 11:58am On Dec 06, 2009
Ibime:

Can one of the kind gunners in the house answer these questions for me:

(1.) When is Clichy due to return?

(2.) Traore picked up an injury. Is it serious? If so, how long is he expected to be out.

(3.) How long is Eduardo out for?

I am planning my fantasy team.

1)As at Nov 23rd,the news on him was;Gael is expected to return to fitness within the next three weeks according to Arsène Wenger. "Clichy is not too far, I think two to three weeks," said the manager.

2 and 3)This is an excerpt from yesterday's post match conference:"We had Eboue with a muscular problem, Rosicky with a groin problem, Traore a hamstring problem [/b]and Gallas a hamstring problem. We are hopeful that Eboue, [b]Traore and Gallas are not too serious but Tomas Rosicky is out for a while. Eduardo has a thigh problem, he had to stop training yesterday. It is a little recurrence, the medical staff tell me he could be available next week."

I hope this helps. wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Borat1: 1:55pm On Dec 06, 2009
He he!
A new gaynners thread already?
What filled the other one up so quickly?
Moans and Curses? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by bandely(m): 2:40pm On Dec 06, 2009
~Borat~:

He he!
A new gaynners thread already?
What filled the other one up so quickly?
Moans and Curses? grin

ROFLMAO! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by allboyz(m): 4:43pm On Dec 06, 2009
we are good to go!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by yousouph(m): 5:43pm On Dec 06, 2009
Good to go to GREECE or ANFIELD?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by mukina2: 7:58pm On Dec 06, 2009
new thread . .new beginnings wink the arsenal way cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by kaypumpin2(m): 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2009
mukina2:

new thread . .new beginnings wink the arsenal way cool
Where you go me lady?

Yet another injury news:

Arsenal midfielder Tomas Rosicky is likely to be out for a month with a groin injury, with Arsene Wenger 'devastated' by the news.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by mukina2: 8:24pm On Dec 06, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Where you go me lady?
was with that lady . .the house wife wink she imprisoned me smiley but am all good now.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dayokanu(m): 8:31pm On Dec 06, 2009
I told you my woman would be back
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by yousouph(m): 8:33pm On Dec 06, 2009
Muki with the house wife and also with sheik to buy her team. Where exactly did u go?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by slimshay(m): 8:38pm On Dec 06, 2009
Arsenal yet again new thread!!! and rodents are already showing up. good win against Stoke.
TO THE RED AND WHITE ARMY!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by mukina2: 8:41pm On Dec 06, 2009
yousouph:

Muki with the house wife and also with sheik to buy her team. Where exactly did u go?
bros i saved the real reason for my guns na.[s] the cheksli army na money dem understand na, [/s]
ask dayo he was dia too grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by edoyad(m): 8:47pm On Dec 06, 2009
@pumpin ,These weaklings are beginning to push and drive me crazy. can't we go for a match without news of another cry baby damaging his pedicured toe nails angry ? How can you waste millions in salaries for this kind of rubbish ? Half of your team gone in the most crucial part of the season.
SELL THEM ALL I SAY, SELL THEM ! Get us real men who can play with a bullet lodged beside their testicles angry . Can you believe this rubbish ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dayokanu(m): 8:47pm On Dec 06, 2009
She went to learn so Arabian way of spicing up our bedroom experience
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by yousouph(m): 9:16pm On Dec 06, 2009
@dayo. Is Arabian way better than our tin wa tin wa? @ed. Spot on. Only GOD knows whats happenning with our players. A player is fit today and 2 are out tomorrow and we want to win trophies or trophy by May. Look MAN U yesterday. I bet, we cant lose VERM, GALLAS and SAGNA without conceding or losing the match.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by kaypumpin2(m): 9:36pm On Dec 06, 2009
edoyad:

@pumpin ,These weaklings are beginning to push and drive me crazy. can't we go for a match without news of another cry baby damaging his pedicured toe nails angry ? How can you waste millions in salaries for this kind of rubbish ? Half of your team gone in the most crucial part of the season.
SELL THEM ALL I SAY, SELL THEM ! Get us real men who can play with a bullet lodged beside their testicles angry . Can you believe this rubbish ?
My sentiments exactly.The football world seem to be filled with sissies and nancy boys now it's ridiculous.And it is the same Rosicky that his new contract is in the pipeline :-
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 9:40pm On Dec 06, 2009
yousouph:

Any website can report whatever they like, FAB4 aint going nowhere. How many times is he going to say that. Liverpool are beatable now with their form but at vociferous ANFIELD anything can happen.

Have you heard Rosicky's out for a month? grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by shabbie(m): 10:29pm On Dec 06, 2009
firrst penalty since the Eduardo dive saga. wat a run
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by edoyad(m): 8:23am On Dec 07, 2009
Boring midweek for us .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by yousouph(m): 8:40am On Dec 07, 2009
Not a boring midweek. The young GUNS will be in GREECE for experience. @Sauron. I have heard of ROSSY injury. We got Diaby back. 1 out 1 in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 / Real Madrid vs Chelsea UCL (1 - 1) On 27th April 2021 / Manchester United Vs Tottenham Hotspur (1 - 6) On 4th October 2020

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51