Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. (59920 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by v3: 1:59pm On Feb 17, 2010
Long time no hear DK

howdy? cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by edoyad(m): 2:06pm On Feb 17, 2010
The cosmic donkeY is hallucinating again eh ?
Happy b day slim shay and whatz up y'all ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by tayoccu(m): 2:34pm On Feb 17, 2010
Femzi:

[color=#990000][/color] u guyz r goin dwn

your very first post, and it's this retarded?
GOD help you.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 2:42pm On Feb 17, 2010
~Sauron~:

Nani did not score but he sodomised Arsenal without condoms.
Nani
I said Valencia,Obertan and Owen who were brought in to replace CR7 were useless and didn't do anything against Arsenal
and you mention Nani.
Was Nani bought last summer
Nani ko, Ninny ni
~Sauron~:

Yes, long spells.
This season, Vidic/Rio have only played together only FOUR TIMES.
VDS was absent for ages and yet United keep slapping pathetic clubs like the GAYnners.
Come on, The freaking quote is there for all to see
You said manure has been playing with Central Midfielders for long spells
That's a lie.
Fletcher and carrick must have played together in just 2 or at most three games
Brown and evans have been playing most of the games
~Sauron~:

3rd in the league that you can never win - Not good enough.
Out of all domestic cup competitions - No trip to Wembley this season.
UEFA Champions League? Not in a million years as Chelsea and Man Utd are also in that competition.

Arsene Wenger cannot win a 2-legged tie against Chelsea and Man Utd till the 2nd coming of Jesus.
Reh reh reh
We've heard it all before!
At least I didn't make any excuses about the injuries we have had this season!
dayokanu:

Bayern lost their 2 best players to injury this season yet they are neck-to-neck with the only unbeaten team in a European league this season.
We are talking about leagues, you put mouth there
Budesrubbish is whack
Man Citeh would have been unbeaten by now in your league and be 10 points clear.
Wolfsburg(champions) were decimated 3-1 by Owen,Obertan and co
dayokanu:

Pound for Pound, Man Utd has suffered more injuries than Arsenal this season yet Fergie doesnt come up with that excuse.
Pound for Pound ko, Euro for euro ni.
When did you hear Arsene Wenger moaning about injuries? or using it as an excuse?
don't worry,Fegie doesn't moan about injuries, he moans about injury time added! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dayokanu(m): 2:54pm On Feb 17, 2010
We are talking about leagues, you put mouth there
Budesrubbish is whack

Bring your Arsenal over and see how you fare. Go and watch how Arsenals best crumbled at the Olympicstadion

Arsenal: Lehmann, Lauren, Toure, Cygan, Clichy (Cole 83), Ljungberg (Van Persie 76), Vieira, Edu (Flamini 36), Pires, Reyes, Henry.

Tell me why this line-up that is one of the greatest in Arsenals history was mauled without Ballack and Deisler. Bayern didnt even break a sweat.
Lemme guess your response, There was no Bendtner in the team or Walcott was still in Junior high.

Man Citeh would have been unbeaten by now in your league and be 10 points clear.

The same Man Citeh that was beaten black and Blue by Hamburg less than 12 months ago

Wolfsburg(champions) were decimated 3-1 by Owen,Obertan and co

And have you bothered to check how Wolfsburg are faring in the league this season? Of course Gaynners are never known to think deep.

Or why would Liverpool second in EPL last season be decimated by teenagers like Jovetic
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by duduspace(m): 2:57pm On Feb 17, 2010
Happy Birthday Slim, 6-0 at Porto today should be a good present methinks. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by edoyad(m): 3:02pm On Feb 17, 2010
Martin Oneil and Aston Villa will win the Bundesliga with games to spear. I say that without an iota of doubt in my mind.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 3:23pm On Feb 17, 2010
HNIC:

Nani
I said Valencia,Obertan and Owen who were brought in to replace CR7 were useless and didn't do anything against Arsenal
and you mention Nani.
Was Nani bought last summer
Nani ko, Ninny ni

Put your brain cells to use.
U said none of Valencia, Owen and Obertan scored against Arsenal and i said Nani did not score also but he was the MOTM.
To put it straight. . . . . . a player does not have to score in a match to sodomise his opponents.

Come on, The freaking quote is there for all to see
You said manure has been playing with Central Midfielders for long spells
That's a lie.
Fletcher and carrick must have played together in just 2 or at most three games
Brown and evans have been playing most of the games

Those 2 games cost United 6 points.
Add those 6 points to the total haul we have now and United woulda wrapped up the league title.
Wenger n Arsenal fans complain about injuries every season but the fact remains United suffer more injuries but we don't moan about it.

Reh reh reh
We've heard it all before!
At least I didn't make any excuses about the injuries we have had this season!

Arsenal are shyte.
When you had everyone fit, you were shyte.
When your mediocres get crocked, you were still shyte.
Arsenal needed the help of a deflection to score against a defence unit of Rafael--Evans--Brown--Evra @ the Emirates.
Shame on Wenger!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 4:41pm On Feb 17, 2010
~Sauron~:

Put your brain cells to use.
U said none of Valencia, Owen and Obertan scored against Arsenal and i said Nani did not score also but he was the MOTM.
To put it straight. . . . . . a player does not have to score in a match to sodomise his opponents.
See wahala
We were talking about players that replaced CR7 and suddeny u popped up Nani's name! shocked
~Sauron~:

Those 2 games cost United 6 points.
Add those 6 points to the total haul we have now and United woulda wrapped up the league title.
Wenger n Arsenal fans complain about injuries every season but the fact remains United suffer more injuries but we don't moan about it.
So what are you giving?
Are they not excuses?
With your same line of reasoning,how many points has the loss of Robin Van Persie cost us?
Or an unfit Eduardo,Rosicky, et al.
Five first teamers won't be at Porto tonight
It's even the Press going on and on about it!
Have you seen arsenal fans complain?
~Sauron~:

Arsenal needed the help of a deflection to score against a defence unit of Rafael--Evans--Brown--Evra @ the Emirates.
Shame on Wenger!!!
And y'all couldn't score against Villa at home tongue

dayokanu:

Bring your Arsenal over and see how you fare. Go and watch how Arsenals best crumbled at the Olympicstadion

Arsenal: Lehmann, Lauren, Toure, Cygan, Clichy (Cole 83), Ljungberg (Van Persie 76), Vieira, Edu (Flamini 36), Pires, Reyes, Henry.

Tell me why this line-up that is one of the greatest in Arsenals history was mauled without Ballack and Deisler. Bayern didnt even break a sweat.
Lemme guess your response, There was no Bendtner in the team or Walcott was still in Junior high.
If Wolfsburg can be crowned champions,Arsenal will go 3 seasons unbeaten!
dayokanu:

The same Man Citeh that was beaten black and Blue by Hamburg less than 12 months ago

We are talking about Citeh of today!
Read my post again!
dayokanu:

And have you bothered to check how Wolfsburg are faring in the league this season? Of course Gaynners are never known to think deep.
Or why would Liverpool second in EPL last season be decimated by teenagers like Jovetic
So what, if wolfsburg isn't doing well, fact is that they are defending champions.
Isn't it?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Gooner1: 4:56pm On Feb 17, 2010
For the first time in a long time, I think we are gonna lose tonight.

I have very low expectations given our injury situation and if we end up earning a draw, it would be a fantastic result in my opinion.

Gallas, Almunia, Eduardo, Song, Arshavin. . . scary!

My head is spinning when I think of the prospect of having Fabianski in goal tonight. Arsene rates him highly but his last performance against Stoke left a lot to be desired about his abilities. We’ve got Sol Campbell in line for a first start in Europe for Arsenal since 2006 and Carlos Vela is available after 45 years out injured.

Still, my lone desire is that by some freakish design, Bendtner gets on a loose ball and scores from an impossible angle to end the tie 2-1 to the Arsenal.

I’m braced for the worst. Should we lose, I shall not be disappointed.

You can preview the game on Yahoo, BBC Sport or at Arsenal.com

During the game, you can also follow me on Twitter or join the debate on Nairaland.

Irrespective of result, I shall be bare my thoughts on what Arsenal did next!

Till then. . . Victoria Concordia Crescit
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by allboyz(m): 4:59pm On Feb 17, 2010
Hapi Buff day Slim grin grin grin

Many more returns - Hugs!!!!

present will be a 4 nil trouncing of Porto!

Banking on Sol for a clean sheet and a goal too cool

Go gooners!!! tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 5:00pm On Feb 17, 2010
HNIC:

See wahala
We were talking about players that replaced CR7 and suddeny u popped up Nani's name! :oSo what are you giving?

Either way, your statement reeks of idiocy.
If the players that replaced Ronaldo have offered nothing, how come United were able to beat you HOME/AWAY this season?
Ronaldo's ghost? grin

Are they not excuses?
With your same line of reasoning,how many points has the loss of Robin Van Persie cost us?

The loss of RVP cannot be used as an excuse.
He's been with Arsenal since 04/05, he is yet to win a league title.
His absence or presence has no bearing on Arsenal's title dreams. He is yet to score 12 league goals in his pathetic career.

Or an unfit Eduardo,Rosicky, et al.
Five first teamers won't be at Porto tonight
It's even the Press going on and on about it!

Unfit Eduardo?
How many years will it take Eduardo to be fit? A useless player is a useless player.
Ruud Van Nistelrooy was crocked for 12 months @ PSV and he won the EPL's golden boot a season later with Man Utd. grin
Rosicky of all goats? His personal best since he joined Arsenal has been 7 goals in a season.

Have you seen arsenal fans complain?And y'all couldn't score against Villa at home tongue

If Wenger loses tonight, trust him to complain.
He is a poor excuse of a manager. The most under-achieving manager in Europe.
A manager charging the highest gate fee in Europe should not be finishing TROPHYLESS. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 5:20pm On Feb 17, 2010
~Sauron~:

Either way, your statement reeks of idiocy.
If the players that replaced Ronaldo have offered nothing, how come United were able to beat you HOME/AWAY this season?
Ronaldo's ghost? grin
I can see that beating Arsenal home/away is the high point of the season for scummies!
~Sauron~:

The loss of RVP cannot be used as an excuse.
He's been with Arsenal since 04/05, he is yet to win a league title.
His absence or presence has no bearing on Arsenal's title dreams. He is yet to score 12 league goals in his pathetic career.
Scummie reasoning as usual.
Ok to say loss of Vidic/Rio cost Manure 6 points yet loss of RVP(a player that was Barclays player of the month in OCT'09, days before the injury)did not cost Arsenal points.
~Sauron~:

Unfit Eduardo?
How many years will it take Eduardo to be fit? A useless player is a useless player.
Ruud Van Nistelrooy was crocked for 12 months @ PSV and he won the EPL's golden boot a season later with Man Utd. grin
Like RVN broke his leg
~Sauron~:

If Wenger loses tonight, trust him to complain.
He is a poor excuse of a manager. The most under-achieving manager in Europe.
A manager charging the highest gate fee in Europe should not be finishing TROPHYLESS. grin
If we lose tonight, I am sure he won't ask UEFA for an independent person to calculate time added on and won't question the referre's fitness like the Gum chewing Geriatric
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by duduspace(m): 5:22pm On Feb 17, 2010
debosky:

Not quite

Read below:

The Group’s property development financing consists of the Highbury Square loan facility which has been referred to above, and a small loan being used for the Queensland Road development of which £6.0 million had been drawn by the end of the year (2008 ‐ £5.2 million). The interest swaps which were in place to fix the rate of the Highbury Square loan expired during the year and subsequently interest charges are being paid at a variable rate, so benefitting from the current low level of base rate.

There is obviously going to be stand alone loan financing for ANY property project, a[b]nd at least 70% of any football income from transfers MUST be spent on the team - those are the terms of the Emirates Stadium loan.[/b]

From the above, Arsene is either sitting on the Kolo and Ade profit, or he has frittered it away giving long term deals to players like Vela who have done NOTHING to deserve them.

Fair enough, it still doesn't say anything about where the money to implement the project itself will come from and I don't believe that part in bold as no one within the hierarchy has come to confirm this, its only come from an article that sounds like a load of poppycock to me. If Arsene really has that much of a transfer kitty to spend, surely the board will put pressure on him to spend it as it is no use to anyone leaving it there gathering dust.

I did read within the accounts though that the net income from player trading will be given to the manager to (and here is the critical word) "reinvest into the team", now reinvest into the team runs the entire gamut from buying youth players to renewing contracts e.t.c.  Now the accounts don't say anything about any other sources of funding from the team apart from that (now I'm not saying there is none but if there was surely it should have been stated in the accounts) but we all know the wage bill is much larger than that, that makes me believe the whole money reinvestment thingy is just some PR speak, like I said the man who has rags for clothes in his cupboard will still find a way from covering it from his neighbours.

If you ask me, noone can really know what is going on between the board and Arsene and neither of them will come out to tell you the true state of things, all I know is everytime a board member or someone else comes to mouth off in the press about how much kitty Arsenal has (it was 70m in 2007 and 100m at a stage last summer) and Arsene comes out to give his explanations, I'm yet to see a board member come out to say he is lying and that really tells me all I need to know that this is some sort of strategic decision at the board level. Arsene however is part of that decision(possibly he is the major proponent) and he is working within his own convictions that the youth philosophy can work and personally, I see no reason why it shouldn't. No one can complain about the quality of recent purchases of Vermaelen and Arshavin(which most people now comfortably forget is about 26m), and most people will forget also that we are already talking of a 10+m package for Chamack over a 4 season period (yet to be confirmed though), add all these together and all of a sudden that 40m is not looking so much after all (since that is not a windfall that will come our way every season anyway).

Like I said, there are somethings we will never know, all I know is Arsene has won in the past, he is keeping us competitive and developing a relatively young team compared to our direct competitors, he is keeping the books balanced and we're not in debts. I thank the big man up there (not Arsene) for small mercies and I believe in due season we will win again with recent trends in spending also confirming the wisdom of the path we chose.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dayokanu(m): 5:32pm On Feb 17, 2010
If Wolfsburg can be crowned champions,Arsenal will go 3 seasons unbeaten!

If your unbeaten team can be mauled by a German side without their best players then these bunch of Arsenal players would be battling Bochum and Nurnberg for relegation.

Did you see how Hleb the best player in Arsenal turned out to be in Stuttgart? This shows that any slightly average player in BL can dominate at Arsenal

We are talking about Citeh of today!
Read my post again!

Whats the difference? Citeh of 10months ago with a better manager was sodomised by Hamburg true or false?

So what, if wolfsburg isn't doing well, fact is that they are defending champions.
Isn't it?

Just like EPL runners up is battling with the likes of Teplice, Skonto Riga and others in Europa cup
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 5:32pm On Feb 17, 2010
HNIC:

I can see that beating Arsenal home/away is the high point of the season for scummies!Scummie reasoning as usual.

Of course, beating you twats home/away is the high point of the season for us. Never mind going to Wembley or beating Milan at San Siro.

Ok to say loss of Vidic/Rio cost Manure 6 points yet loss of RVP(a player that was Barclays player of the month in OCT'09, days before the injury)did not cost Arsenal points.

Vidic/Rio are the best central defenders in this league for the past 3 seasons.
Of course, their absence will be felt more than Van Rapist who has never been nominated in the PFA team after 6 seasons in the EPL.
What was Van Persie's contribution when he was fit? grin grin grin

Like RVN broke his leg

He was out for 12 months and it did not stop him from banging the goals.
Djibril Cisse's injury was worse than Eduardo's and he was still a prolific goalscorer. . . . .It's high time y'all realise Eduardo is animal shyte. grin

If we lose tonight, I am sure he won't ask UEFA for an independent person to calculate time added on and won't question the referre's fitness like the Gum chewing Geriatric

But Wenger would question how other teams play him.
Did he not complain that Aston Villa were playing long balls, complained about the pitch when Stoke sodomised his team and he feels Drogba doesn't do a lot after the Ivorien striker has scored 12 goals in 12 appearances against Arsenal.

Your manager is the biggest loser in the Northern Hemisphere. . . . .He epitomises empty promises and broken dreams. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 5:41pm On Feb 17, 2010
dayokanu:

Did you see how Hleb the best player in Arsenal turned out to be in Stuttgart? This shows that any slightly average player in BL can dominate at Arsenal
Hleb
Arsenal's best player
I am sorry, but I have to question your state of mind!
ARE YOU OK?
dayokanu:

Whats the difference? Citeh of 10months ago with a better manager was sodomised by Hamburg true or false?
how can anyone compare Citeh's team today with the one of 10 months ago
I bet only you CAN!
~Sauron~:

Djibril Cisse's injury was worse than Eduardo's and he was still a prolific goalscorer. . . . .It's high time y'all realise Eduardo is animal shyte. grin
It's no more RVN, it's Cisse. . . . and of course Cisse went on to join Barca after his leg break and was the highset goalscorer!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dayokanu(m): 5:47pm On Feb 17, 2010
I can see that beating Arsenal home/away is the high point of the season for scummies!Scummie reasoning as usual.

And whats the high point of Assanal for the past 3 seasons? Sauron

I think its Gallas throwing tantrums at St Andrews or what do you think or Would it be WenGAY wrestling with Pardew?

Vidic/Rio are the best central defenders in this league for the past 3 seasons.
Of course, their absence will be felt more than Van Rapist who has never been nominated in the PFA team after 6 seasons in the EPL.
What was Van Persie's contribution when he was fit?

Giving news conference about how Adebayor stamped him to the pits of hell or assaulting red light district women.

Djibril Cisse's injury was worse than Eduardo's and he was still a prolific goalscorer. . . . .It's high time y'all realise Eduardo is animal shyte

Thats an open secret!!!!

Your manager is the biggest loser in the Northern Hemisphere. . . . .He epitomises empty promises and broken dreams.

I have scanned the Southern Hemisphere and no one still comes close. We can even say in the Universe.

No European trophy in 25 years says it all

Hleb
Arsenal's best player
I am sorry, but I have to question your state of mind!
ARE YOU OK?

Who was Assanals best player in 2007/2008. Any football watcher would name Hleb in Arsenals top 3.

how can anyone compare Citeh's team today with the one of 10 months ago
I bet only you CAN!

Whats the difference? I bet Erikssons team was better than Mark Hughes.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 5:49pm On Feb 17, 2010
HNIC:

It's no more RVN, it's Cisse. . . .  and of course Cisse went on to join Barca after his leg break and was the highset goalscorer!

I had you cornered.
RVN didn't kick a ball for 12 months and went on to claim EPL's golden boot in his debut season.
Cisse still managed to help Liverpool win the UCL after his gruesome injury.

dayokanu:

I think its Gallas throwing tantrums at St Andrews or what do you think or Would it be WenGAY wrestling with Pardew?

ROFLMAO.
I think winning the Emirates Cup is their highest point since Vieira left.

I have scanned the Southern Hemisphere and no one still comes close. We can even say in the Universe.
No European trophy in 25 years says it all

Onigbinde is a better manager than Wenger.

Who was Assanals best player in 2007/2008. Any football watcher would name Hleb in Arsenals top 3.

Hleb was their best player that season.
Cesc will testify to that. Hleb was the magician knitting the midfield with the attack.
He played in the hole(number 10) for large parts of that season.

From Myles Palmer(A staunch Arsenal supporter). . . . .

In my book, Wenger is a recidivist, someone who repeatedly commits the same offence. He is compelled to do the same thing again and again.

His team of midgets was never in this game and Wes Brown and Jonny Evans had an easy ride against one five foot five inch striker.

Almunia once said Wenger wants a team of nice guys who get on well together. Clearly, he doesn't tell them when they're doing things wrong. He just lets them play and never addresses their mistakes, so they keep making the same mistakes. That's not coaching, it's abdication,

He indulges his players, especially his French players. Hleb was a better footballer than Nasri, a guy who worked hard, kept the ball, linked well with Flamini, Fabregas and the others. Hleb could not finish but he contributed more than Nasri is doing now.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dipo2much(m): 5:50pm On Feb 17, 2010
These haters need jobs. They spend all their time typin crap about a arsenal team dat dont giv a sht about their exîstence. Pathetic
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dipo2much(m): 5:51pm On Feb 17, 2010
These haters need jobs. They spend all their time typin crap about a arsenal team dat dont giv a sht about their exîstence. Pathetic
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dayokanu(m): 5:52pm On Feb 17, 2010

I think  its Gallas throwing tantrums at St Andrews or what do you think or Would it be WenGAY wrestling with Pardew?

Sauron whats Arsenals high point for the past 3 seasons someone said it was nicking a 2-2 draw with Man Utd in 2007 via a Gallas last min goal, The hairstyles of the players or Adebayor, Eboue and Kolos Makkosa rendition. What do you think??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 5:56pm On Feb 17, 2010
dayokanu:

dayokanu:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

All in a space of 30 minutes and 3 posts.
Really, i must ask
ARE YOU OK
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 6:04pm On Feb 17, 2010
dayokanu:

I think  its Gallas throwing tantrums at St Andrews or what do you think or Would it be WenGAY wrestling with Pardew?

Sauron whats Arsenals high point for the past 3 seasons someone said it was nicking a 2-2 draw with Man Utd in 2007 via a Gallas last min goal, The hairstyles of the players or Adebayor, Eboue and Kolos Makkosa rendition. What do you think??

Playing in the FA Cup Semifinal last season against Chelsea.
It's the first time Arsenal played in the new Wembley. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dayokanu(m): 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2010
Seriously I think its Adebayor "Shagalo" at Madrigal or the volleyball at Old Trafford
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dayokanu(m): 6:23pm On Feb 17, 2010
All in a space of 30 minutes and 3 posts.
Really, i must ask
ARE YOU OK

Deductive reasoning is actually asking for too much from a GAYYner.

Regarding best player, all pundits cant come with the same player but the best player would mostly be in the top 3 of them all.

That was what Hleb was to Arsenal geddit?

Mine would be Hleb, Fabregas and Flamini in that order
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 6:28pm On Feb 17, 2010
dayokanu:

Regarding best player, all pundits cant come with the same player but the best player would mostly be in the top 3 of them all.

U will find ALL answers in this piece.
Just promise me you won't LAUGH. grin

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=1513&cntnt01origid=40&cntnt01returnid=42
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dayokanu(m): 6:52pm On Feb 17, 2010
This was the first time that Manchester United have beaten Arsenal home and away since the Premier League started.

More notably, it was the first time Wenger has blamed his players on such a scale.

He said : It was their fault, not my fault.

Of course it's his fault. He's been allowed to create a one-man club. Like all dictators, he surrounded himself with yes-men and became delusional. He created a campus for young millionaires, and installed himself as the Vice Chancellor, the Bursar, the professor of sports medicine, professor of statistics, professor of history, professor of spin.

The duduspace of this world
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dayokanu(m): 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2010
The killer point is this : Wenger alone chooses whether to spend money on new players, or on new contracts for his existing squad.

He sells us the future, buying more and more kids, so that no other coach could make sense of his squad, and thereby keeping himself in a £5 million-a-year job in perpetuity. He has made sure he is irreplaceable. No manager in the history of association football has sold potential for so long or rewarded failure so generously.

All over the world, Arsenal fans wonder : Why doesn’t Wenger buy the players we obviously need?

The answer is simple. He sold two Africans to Manchester City for £40 million and used most of that money to give new contracts to 18 players who have not won anything and will not win anything under his guidance.

This control-freak's idea of heaven is a team that doesn’t give him any aggro, where nobody ever puts in a transfer request. By paying £60,000 a week to Eduardo and Walcott, he owns them now and he will continue to own them for 20 years after they retire. He boasted that Almunia had no CV before he came to Arsenal and he insults us by touting him for England, a comment which infuriated Fabio Capello, among others. Eboue, Denilson and Diaby can never be sold because nobody else would pay those wages to them. Who would pay money for Almunia?

Excerpt from Saurons link that has buttressed my points over the years

The culture that Wenger's pampering has created is artificial and fragile, and it has no leader other than him. When Keown tried to tell Senderos something, he walked away. An allegedly intelligent young Swiss centreback didn’t want to learn from an English winner. Then when Liverpool mugged Senderos at Anfield, he broke down in tears in the dressing room. And then he phoned his parents in Switzerland. Senderos hardly played after that trauma.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Towards the Spring of 2008-2009, I called my builder Jimmy, who is a Gooner, mainly to ask him if he'd been to Arsenal much recently. He has season tickets and used to watch the reserves as well.

Jimmy said, "I haven’t been at all this season. I’ve rented out my season tickets. Wenger's f***ed up the team. We need more power in midfield, more power in defence. I’m not going back while he’s the manager."

Sensible person
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by jalether(m): 7:17pm On Feb 17, 2010
Anyone who thinks Hleb wasn't one of Arsenal's best performers in 2007/8 must be high on raw papaya seed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by jalether(m): 7:19pm On Feb 17, 2010
dayokanu:

What happened to their highest goal scorer, Adebayor
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dayokanu(m): 7:45pm On Feb 17, 2010
Anyone who thinks Hleb wasn't one of Arsenal's best performers in 2007/8 must be high on raw papaya seed

Guy relax, Dont you know how it is with GAYYners?

Everly delusional.

What happened to their highest goal scorer, Adebayor

Its individual preferences but truth be told some of the chances served to Adebayor were just too good to be true

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

Real Madrid vs Chelsea UCL (1 - 1) On 27th April 2021 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 / Manchester United Vs Tottenham Hotspur (1 - 6) On 4th October 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.