Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,023 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. (59772 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by asscend: 7:57pm On Feb 17, 2010
You guyz are not paid for all this bashing and analysis.

Get constructive and talk about how to move your clubs forward.

Weather Arsenal wins or looses, the players get paid, how much have you earned from crying or negative comments?

Be constructive and put your sugestions in appropraite manners.

Wenger is the manager for now, its up to him to do what he likes since the board have allowed it to be so. If the fans demand a change, go to the stadium and protest.

Lets keep this forum free from bashing here or there and become more constructive. Take ur statistics to AIT & they just might pay you.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by duduspace(m): 12:12am On Feb 18, 2010
dayokanu:

The duduspace of this world

Wetin dey? yes I stand with Arsene, make Sauron go dey pay im gbese and you stay dere dey do local champion for Bumblesliga. Arsena will survive y'all.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by duduspace(m): 12:13am On Feb 18, 2010
People no happy today, wetin dey happen? seems everything is going wrong at present with the Ref playing for our opponents
anyway sha, after darkness comes the glorious light. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 12:31am On Feb 18, 2010
Apart from the defensive chaos, it was an OK performance.

Fabianski, yet again, makes unbelievable goofs. . . .we are in serious trouble goalkeeper wise - not one goalie fills me with confidence out of the whole lot.

Great performance from Campbell though - got beaten for pace a couple of times but still managed to make definitive interceptions to quell the danger.

I'm not even going to comment on the asinine postings by DK and Sharon.

Apart from the absentee performance by Nasri, I got some encouragement from Eboue and Walcott's wing play - those guys have potency to come on and make impacts.

In the end, great to get an away goal, now we must batter them when they come to the Emirates.

Referees simply lost the plot today in both games.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 12:36am On Feb 18, 2010
debosky:

I'm not even going to comment on the asinine postings by DK and Sharon.

If you ain't got nothing to say, don't say nothing.

Referees simply lost the plot today in both games.

How did the Referee lose the plot @ Porto?
It was a back pass from Campbell. . . . .Retard Fabianski picked the ball instead and then he gave the ball back to the referee and turned his back.
Jens Lehmann would never have done that. Arsenal are naive.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by doyin13(m): 12:39am On Feb 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

How did the Referee lose the plot @ Porto?
It was a back pass from Campbell. . . . .Retard Fabianski picked the ball instead and then he gave the ball back to the referee and turned his back.
Jens Lehmann would never have done that. Arsenal are naive.

Lol. . . You sure see the world through ewedu tinted glasses when it comes to Assnal .

Come on, Rosicky should have had a penalty.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 12:43am On Feb 18, 2010
doyin13:

Lol. . . You sure see the world through ewedu tinted glasses when it comes to Assnal .

Come on, Rosicky should have had a penalty.

U are a goat!!!
Rosicky dived. . . . .That was never a penalty in million years.
The referee did not ask Fabianski to pick up the ball.

Granted, he made that error but was he supposed to have given the ball back?
Would Lehmann give the ball back knowing fully well the freekick couldn't have been defended in that area of the pitch?
Arsenal fans are blaming the officials when they should be blaming the idiotic Wenger and his goons!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by doyin13(m): 12:50am On Feb 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

U are a goat!!!
Rosicky dived. . . . .That was never a penalty in million years.
The referee did not ask Fabianski to pick up the ball.

Granted, he made that error but was he supposed to have given the ball back?
Would Lehmann give the ball back knowing fully well the freekick couldn't have been defended in that area of the pitch?
Arsenal fans are blaming the officials when they should be blaming the idiotic Wenger and his goons!!!

hahahaha, . . .

I guess we have to call on Andy Gray to confirm it before your astigmatism subsides
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 12:59am On Feb 18, 2010
doyin13:

hahahaha, . . .
I guess we have to call on Andy Gray to confirm it before your astigmatism subsides

Keep groaning. . . . . .Arsenal LOST and Wenger had no rights to complain about Porto's winner.
Did he complain when his team benefited from this?

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCWjioIR5MM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by presido1: 1:09am On Feb 18, 2010
^^^^^ Don't mind the old self-servicer. Fab4 was honest during the post match, he called it school boy mistake. The guy was bitter from his facial expression.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by jalether(m): 3:35am On Feb 18, 2010
Porto's 2nd goal should never have stood, it's either I'm unaware of the new fifa rule on free kicks/set pieces or the referee is just plain retarded
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dayokanu(m): 4:21am On Feb 18, 2010
Porto's 2nd goal should never have stood, it's either I'm unaware of the new fifa rule on free kicks/set pieces or the referee is just plain retarded

Whats wrong with the second goal? The only retarded people are the players who were admiring the Dragao
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Nobody: 5:52am On Feb 18, 2010
Arsenal could feel hard-done by with the second goal,but I remember TH scoring from similar scenarios,not once or twice.
The ref could be culpable in that he didn't seem to know what he was doing after he blew for the free-kick.But once the ball was dropped,I think it was game-on.
Fabianski however shouldn't have turned his back on the play.That was crucial for me.
Why he didn't hoof the ball out to the car park is beyond me.
Arsenal should go through though.Porto isn't one to give anyone nightmares.Last year's side was a lot better.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by slimshay(m): 8:16am On Feb 18, 2010
Hi ya'll thanks for the birthday wishes yesterday.

Well my boys were well on the way to give me a sumptuos gift before that buffoon of a ref took it away. Anyways they've told me they've deffered it till 2 weeks time. cool

Yet again Fabianski made a blunder for the first goal. After dat he was more than solid until the back pass/freekick brouhaha. First off i think Sol didnt like the fact he didnt jus clear the ball in the first place. But the ref, wat kinda m.or.ons do they give the whistle to for Champs league nowadays. He had just denied Rosicky a very clear penalty. And in less than a minute he's allowing that stupid freekick?

10minuts later he actually called back a free kick to be replayed. Very inconsistent buffoon. Guess the Dragao was too loud for him. Couldnt even stand his ground.

And Sauron, Myles Palmer is not an arsenal fan. Better check properly. Not everybody who writes an Arsenal blog is an Arsenal fan. He himself has often said he is a chelsea fan.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 8:54am On Feb 18, 2010
dayokanu:

Deductive reasoning is actually asking for too much from a GAYYner.

Regarding best player, all pundits cant come with the same player but the best player would mostly be in the top 3 of them all.

That was what Hleb was to Arsenal geddit?

Mine would be Hleb, Fabregas and Flamini in that order
@DK
You must think we are all silly.
1st you said Hleb was the best player
Next you said he was in top three.
Soon, you will say top five
Who cares whether Hleb was 'MAradona' to you and other non-Arsenal fans.
Like your opinion doesn't suck
All I was saying is 'where is the consistency'
Changing your mind in 30 minutes shocked shocked
Rubbish.
With his being WFOTY in Arsenal, what did he win during his time?
I am surprised y'all are not shouting about Senderos
Since all players that leave Arsenal are 'superstars'
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 9:02am On Feb 18, 2010
How anyone who has eyes and watches footie can claim Rosicky dived is shocking
I am ok, if we call it poor refereeing, but to say it was a dive is unbelievable.
About the 2nd goal, people keep talking about Henry's goal which was at least 20-25 yards away from goal.
I have been watching footie for decades and I can say,I have never seen a quick freekick being taken in the box 18
FFS, A penalty was more diifficult to score last night.
Fine,Fabianski was silly in not hoofing the ball away
but. . . . .
The ref demanded for the ball and gave it to the Porto player
No whistle was blown
and he was blocking Sol Campbell!!! shocked shocked shocked
If the same thing had happenned to any other team, I would still have spoken the truth!
The referee was a disgrace!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by tkb417(m): 9:31am On Feb 18, 2010
HNIC
pls stop insulting people's sensibilities

Your Goalkeeper had no business holding the ball after the foul has been committed.
The Porto players wanted to take the ball quickly and the REF had to collect the ball from him

why didnt SOL campbell stay in front of the Porto Players? where was he?
did you say the REF blocked Sol Campbell?
Thats so untrue cos SOL was there when Fabinski held on to the ball, he was there when the REF collected the ball and dropped it, he was there and made no attempt to block the player from playing the ball so what are you saying?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 18, 2010
HNIC:

How anyone who has eyes and watches footie can claim Rosicky dived is shocking
I am ok, if we call it poor refereeing, but to say it was a dive is unbelievable.
About the 2nd goal, people keep talking about Henry's goal which was at least 20-25 yards away from goal.
I have been watching footie for decades and I can say,I have never seen a quick freekick being taken in the box 18
FFS, A penalty was more diifficult to score last night.
Fine,Fabianski was silly in not hoofing the ball away
but. . . . .
The ref demanded for the ball and gave it to the Porto player
No whistle was blown
and he was blocking Sol Campbell!!! shocked shocked shocked
If the same thing had happenned to any other team, I would still have spoken the truth!
The referee was a disgrace!
HNIC,
No need to get worked up.
I agree that the ref was shocking.His role in Porto's second goal cannot be disguised.
My problem with that goal was the naive way the process was started,
I'm not comparing Henry's goals with it.Henry scored a number of his goals in the unbeaten run when the ref hadn't blown the whistle.The problem with yesterday's goal was that the ref probably impeded Campbell (or so it seemed) from preventing the kick from being taken.I don't think there's a separate rule for how quickly an inderect free-kick in the 18-yard box can be taken.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 10:23am On Feb 18, 2010
@tk417,
No need to answer you.
Just read Eastbay's comments.
Are you sure you saw the match? shocked
i have already dissed Fabianski
What else do you want me to say?
The ref had to collect the ball from him . . .and hand it to the Porto Player?
The referee should have just kicked the ball into the net himself! lipsrsealed
It would have been fairer! grin
Ref blocked Campbell!
Go watch it again!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by tkb417(m): 10:39am On Feb 18, 2010
HNIC
Eastbay said it looked like the REF impeded Sol grin grin
do you know its funny?

The REF obstructed your player from defending his line? thats a ridiculous statement cos your player had no bizniz where he stayed

When your goalie took d backpass, did u see how SOL dramatised the whole thing? (holding his head like a Arrow)grin instead of him to arrange himself to block the Porto players from kicking the ball, ure saying he was the one that got blocked intentionally by the REF ( i didnt see the REF hold him tho)

abeg, sell that goalie abeg
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by presido1: 11:01am On Feb 18, 2010
HNIC:

Taking a quick freekick started one day, weda outside or inside the box is out of question. As a player you have to be on alert all the 90 minutes. What do u want the ref to do after collecting the ball from Febianski? hand it over to Sol or Wengay? Y do u guys always clutch at straws?. Blame your Goalie and Sol especially Sol for acting defeated when the whistle was blown. Its similar to but a lesser act to what Gallas did two seasons ago at St Andrews. If you listened to Fab4 post match interview he said it clearly that he won't complain about the goal. The two goals are school boys goal.

Naivity is you guys problem.

Remember Henry 2-2 draw against Chaves and the one against Villa. If wengay did not speak out then i don't think he has any moral right to do so now.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 11:29am On Feb 18, 2010
I have no issue with a quick free-kick, we've taken more than our fair share in past games.

Fabianski, after the idiotic decision to pick the ball up, did something even worse - raised his hands, lamenting. . . either to the demons tormenting him from the touchline or to his wife for not feeding him enough Omega-3 to help his poor brain capacity. undecided

He knows there's no one back except Clichy, and instead of readying himself, he's playing victim. . . .victim of what? His own stupidity that's what.

Like I said - patently unforgivable. I personally would END his Arsenal career after this season - he is TOO COSTLY to have on the team.

Cesc has every reason to be angry - if Wenger keeps fielding idiots like Fabianski in the team, what the heck can Fab4 do??

My issues with the ref are simply with blocking Sol from getting to the ball, and more importantly, denying us a stone wall penalty on the other end. I hope the remaining hair he has falls out and blisters form in replacement. angry angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 11:42am On Feb 18, 2010
@Tkb417
Stop saying,blame the keeper. grin
Like Debosky said, I think it should be the last match he should play for Arsenal.
HOwever, the ref is still an idiot.
Come on, presido, stop comparing this with Henry's.
TH14's own was 20-25 yards away.
I would have prefered it if it was the Porto player that grabbed the ball and played a fast one
But the assumption is that once the referee holds the ball, Play is stopped and the referee blows the whistle to restart the game.
Come on, he DEMANDED the ball from Fabianski and gave it to the PORTO player!!!! in the box 18 shocked shocked shocked.
Tell me if you have ever seen a quick freekick being taken 5 yards from goal shocked shocked
In the same way, it's ok for a penalty to be awarded and the ref demands the ball from the goalie, gives the opposing team's player,
he quickly runs to the spot and wham!, ball is in the back of the net,no whistle, no nothing, afterall, it's also a foul!
I don't get it

Anyways, we move on
Sunderland next on Saturday
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by tkb417(m): 11:59am On Feb 18, 2010
debosky:

I have no issue with a quick free-kick, we've taken more than our fair share in past games.

Fabianski, after the idiotic decision to pick the ball up, did something even worse - raised his hands, lamenting. . . either to the demons tormenting him from the touchline or to his wife for not feeding him enough Omega-3 to help his poor brain capacity. undecided

He knows there's no one back except Clichy, and instead of readying himself, he's playing victim. . . .victim of what? His own stupidity that's what.

Like I said - patently unforgivable. I personally would END his Arsenal career after this season - he is TOO COSTLY to have on the team.

Cesc has every reason to be angry - if Wenger keeps fielding idiots like Fabianski in the team, what the heck can Fab4 do??

My issues with the ref are simply with blocking Sol from getting to the ball, and more importantly, denying us a stone wall penalty on the other end. I hope the remaining hair he has falls out and blisters form in replacement. angry angry angry
lol
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 12:03pm On Feb 18, 2010
@ HNIC,

Stop arguing like a goat!!!

Fabianski picked up a back pass. . . . .It was a clear freekick so the foul itself is not disputable.
After the foul was given, Sol Campbell held his head and squatted when he should be staying behind the ball and making sure he is standing 1 inch away from the Porto player that wanted to take the freekick quickly. He failed to do that.

Fabianski had the ball in his grasp, a foul has been given. He knew there was no player behind him to defend. . . . .He gave the ball back to his opponent and then turn his back to complain to the line-assistant. If that is not first class idiocy, then i dunno what it is.
Someone like Lehmann or Petr Cech woulda hoofed the ball away and cop a yellow card but they woulda saved time for their mates to regroup.

There's no law that says freekicks/corner kicks should not be taken quickly.
The onus is on the defending team to quickly regroup and not be caught napping. Arsenal failed to do just that and they paid for it.
U keep arguing the referee blocked Sol Campbell. . . . .What was Sol Campbell doing in that position. He should be standing behind the ball, Fabianski also should be standing behind the ball when he gave the ball back to the referee.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by tkb417(m): 12:13pm On Feb 18, 2010
Sauron
thank you

Sol Campbell and the keeper behaved like fools when the REF awarded the freekick

was wondering wht happened when SOL held his head and behaved like Papa Ajasco cheesy

hehehe, Fabianski must be the greatest mumu playing football cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 12:17pm On Feb 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

@ HNIC,

Stop arguing like a goat!!!

Fabianski picked up a back pass. . . . .It was a clear freekick so the foul itself is not disputable.
After the foul was given, Sol Campbell held his head and squatted when he should be staying behind the ball and making sure he is standing 1 inch away from the Porto player that wanted to take the freekick quickly. He failed to do that.

Fabianski had the ball in his grasp, a foul has been given. He knew there was no player behind him to defend. . . . .He gave the ball back to his opponent and then turn his back to complain to the line-assistant. If that is not first class idiocy, then i dunno what it is.
Someone like Lehmann or Petr Cech woulda hoofed the ball away and cop a yellow card but he woulda saved time for his players to regroup.

There's no law that says freekicks/corner kicks should not be taken quickly.
The onus is on the defending team to quickly regroup and not be caught napping. Arsenal failed to do just that and they paid for it.
U keep arguing the referee blocked Sol Campbell. . . . .What was Sol Campbell doing in that position. He should be standing behind the ball, Fabianski also should be standing behind the ball when he gave the ball back to the referee.
Balderdash as usual!
Who gave the ball back to the opponent?
Unless you mean the opponent was the referee shocked shocked
The refereee demanded for the ball! and it was given to him.
He should blow the whistle to restart play!
He had the ball in his hands
He could as well have played it wiith his left foot into the net!
We've blamed Fab,blamed Sol, but saying the ref did no wrong is appalling
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 12:20pm On Feb 18, 2010
HNIC:

Balderdash as usual!
Who gave the ball back to the opponent?
Unless you mean the opponent was the referee shocked shocked
The refereee demanded for the ball! and it was given to him.
He should blow the whistle to restart play!
He had the ball in his hands
He could as well have played it wiith his left foot into the net!
We've blamed Fab,blamed Sol, but saying the ref did no wrong is appalling

Blow the whistle to start replay in a quick freekick situation?
You are a first class retard. Now i know you know nowt about football rules.
Did Graham Poll blow his whistle before allowing Henry to score against Chelsea?

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf5Kfgj5-Jw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 12:25pm On Feb 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

Blow the whistle to start replay in a quick freekick situation?
You are a first class retard. Now i know you know nowt about football rules.
Did Graham Poll blow his whistle before allowing Henry to score against Chelsea?

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf5Kfgj5-Jw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
More gibberish from you.
and Graham Poll had the ball in his hand and presented it to HENRY.
How anyone can be comparing the two incidents amaze me shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by presido1: 12:33pm On Feb 18, 2010
HNIC:

More gibberish from you.
and Graham Poll had the ball in his hand and presented it to HENRY.
How anyone can be comparing the two incidents amaze me shocked shocked
Do u want the ref to present the ball to Sol after collecting it from Lukaz? Do you even read what u post?
Again TH's quick freekick is the same as portos's the key word there is "quick" and not how many yards.
Listen to Darmort Gallaher on SPN. The ref is not wrong on the freekick.
Blame ur players for going to sleep after the offence.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by allboyz(m): 12:37pm On Feb 18, 2010
I do not expect other fans to say the Ref was wrong?. . .its 100% obvious. . . even Fabianski used his leg to stop the ball first before holding it!!!!!. . . .yet freekick was still given. . .in the 6yards box. . .how on earth could its be played like that? it has never happened before in the History of footie. . .NEVER!!!!!!!

No stories and no worries. . . lets them come over to the Emirates!!!

N.B - AW should let Fabianski be and give Vito this opportunities. . .he might be younger but he's better!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by presido1: 12:40pm On Feb 18, 2010
allboyz:

even Fabianski used his leg to stop the ball first before holding it!!!!!. . . .yet freekick was still given. . .
Are you on this planet? Abi u just came visiting

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

Manchester United Vs Manchester City (0 - 2) On 6th November 2021 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 / Real Madrid vs Chelsea UCL (1 - 1) On 27th April 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.