Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Two Nigeria Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Nigeria Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe (693 Views)

EFCC Arrests Two Chinese Men For Offering N100 Million Bribe In Cash [PHOTOS] / Lady Burnt By Her Boyfriend's Brother In Edo For Rejecting His Sex Advances Dies / NEW NIGERIA: Two Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Nigeria Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 11, 2017
TWO police officers, CSP Olusoji Akinbayo and Inspector Sunday Idowu have been promoted to the ranks of ACP and ASP for rejecting a $21 million bribe from one Samuel Wilberforce
The officers had arrested the said Wilberforce for pipeline vandalisation with his gang, but the officers rejected the inducement and arrested the suspects
Chairman, Police Service Commission (PSC), Mr Mike Okiro, while announcing the elevation of the officers at the 19th plenary meeting of the commission and the first in the year, said the commission has taken the Federal Government’s war against corruption to the next level.
According to him, with a mandate to appoint, promote and discipline members of the police force, the commission has moved not only to discipline officers, who have compromised their position, but has promoted six senior police officers who have showed rare and exemplary courage to arrest corruption.
Consequently, he said, the commission approved the promotion of CSP Sulaiman Muhammad Abdul to the rank of Assistant Commissioner of Police for his outstanding performance in the fight against corruption. CSP Abdul, currently with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), in the course of his duty, recovered a whopping sum of forty two billion naira for the Federal Government.
Re: Two Nigeria Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by kolaaderin: 5:17pm On Feb 11, 2017
Little by little sanity is taking over in Nigeria.
Re: Two Nigeria Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 11, 2017
change begins with you.
Re: Two Nigeria Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by emvico(m): 5:17pm On Feb 11, 2017
Chai 21 million dollars just go like dat how much is their new salary i swear dis one no be ordnary grin dem take poverty do dem
Re: Two Nigeria Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 11, 2017
Re: Two Nigeria Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 11, 2017
if they have never collected bribe or bribes either directly or indirectly since they joined the force, then they should be applauded
Re: Two Nigeria Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by propzncribz: 5:21pm On Feb 11, 2017
I knew it will never be Igbo men.
Re: Two Nigeria Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by kolaaderin: 5:23pm On Feb 11, 2017
propzncribz:
I knew it will never be Igbo men.

WHY WHY WHY AND WHY do you have to bring tribalism to this thread now ??
Re: Two Nigeria Police Officers Promoted For Rejecting $21 Million Bribe by propzncribz: 5:32pm On Feb 11, 2017
kolaaderin:

WHY WHY WHY AND WHY do you have to bring tribalism to this thread now ??

I dunno, cos I can

(1) (Reply)

Why I Dumped My 4 Month Old Baby Under Oshodi Bridge 18 Year Old Mother Pics / Drama As Five Police Officers Allegedly Go Blind After Trying To Arrest A Prophe / (VIDEO) Nigerian Woman Removes T-shirt To Fight Man On Dubai Train

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.