Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

My Narrow Escape From Death : A True Life Story - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Narrow Escape From Death : A True Life Story (1568 Views)

Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. / How Air Peace Caged Passengers Onboard Smokey Plane In A Narrow Escape Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Narrow Escape From Death : A True Life Story by Hotguy27: 5:49pm On Feb 11, 2017
I was coming back from work after a usual hectic day on Friday 10th January 2017 when the unexpected happened. I travel for about 130km to and from my new office everyday pending when I can get an accommodation. As far as the place is, I do not feel it because of the good road (so straight and recently tarred) and my new luxury car. I drive myself and sometimes I will activate the cruise control system. On my way back at about 6:20pm, I started feeling slight headache coupled with the usual fatigue after work. To make the case worse, my car developed fault that I could not travel at 150km/hr. I had to slow down to 80km/hr and at this time I activated the cruise control system to assist me avoid the usual speed. Soon after that I saw a towing van positioning to lift out one of the two cars that possibly had a minor head-on collision from the road side. I briefly thought what could be the cause of such accident on a good road like that. Could it be that it happened in the night? I couldn't remember the conclusion of my thought. But I could remember one thing very clear. Yes, very clear - I was hearing sounds like that of a running plane on the tarmac a moment later. I woke up! Yes! It was not a dream. I slept off while driving and I already skipped to the other side of the road. I was already driving (or rather, the car was moving) in the same speed on the other side of the walkway filled with gravel. The sounds produced from my 4 new tyres travelling on the coarse gravel woke me. Thank God I tapped down a little the front side glasses that the sounds were able to filter everywhere in the car.
In confusion but very stable, I brought down the second hand to hold the steering wheel while I screamed 'Jesus! Jesus!!' I could also remember that I muttered 'Blood of Jesus! What is happening?'. I held my steering firm and straight and drove for about 50 meters on the pedestrian way before I stopped. I looked at my back and saw about 3 commercial vehicles and 5 bikes going opposite my direction and in my front, about 15 bikes and 4 vehicles upcoming. I started shaking? I imagined a lot of things. How did it happen? I was not hurt. No dent on the car. What if I had died? I bade bye bye to my friends and colleagues in the office few minutes ago. It would have been the last we saw. My family saw me off in the morning and it would have been the last. God is great! I have never had such a close shave with death. I blamed myself.

REVELATION
The following day, I was still thinking what happened when God revealed to me that he made me invisible during the time I slept off. Road users were not seeing me until when I was moving on the walkway. This is the only thing that has reduced the constant shock I have been having. I am just a pencil.....
To God be the Glory.
Re: My Narrow Escape From Death : A True Life Story by blackboy(m): 6:01pm On Feb 11, 2017
You should also be grateful to God you didn't kill people or injure people or damage other people's property like cars.
Re: My Narrow Escape From Death : A True Life Story by blackboy(m): 6:01pm On Feb 11, 2017
You should also be grateful to God you didn't kill people or injure people or damage other people's property
Re: My Narrow Escape From Death : A True Life Story by Hotguy27: 6:12pm On Feb 11, 2017
blackboy:
You should also be grateful to God you didn't kill people or injure people or damage other people's property like cars.
I agree with you. I use to be very careful when driving. I have never had accident for the past 12 years I have been driving. Now I agree It can happen to anyone.
Re: My Narrow Escape From Death : A True Life Story by claremont(m): 6:18pm On Feb 11, 2017
This story makes no sense.
Re: My Narrow Escape From Death : A True Life Story by Hotguy27: 6:49pm On Feb 11, 2017
claremont:
This story makes no sense.
The story is for those who have senses. And also not main for the Atheists.
It has to make no sense because you did not see corpses or blood. Blood sucker
Re: My Narrow Escape From Death : A True Life Story by axeman2(m): 6:56pm On Feb 11, 2017
frankly speaking the story is trash.
Re: My Narrow Escape From Death : A True Life Story by Hotguy27: 7:16pm On Feb 11, 2017
axeman2:
frankly speaking the story is trash.
Advance your reasons.
You appear to be speaking with anger. I hope it is not a transfer of aggression. grin
Re: My Narrow Escape From Death : A True Life Story by forexbinary: 12:03pm On Feb 12, 2017
Thank GOD 4Ur life bro...
Re: My Narrow Escape From Death : A True Life Story by Hotguy27: 2:18pm On Feb 13, 2017
forexbinary:
Thank GOD 4Ur life bro...
God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Hailstorm Hits Jos City (picture) / Many Killed In Fatal Car Accident In Benue. Graphic Photos / See A Place Where Human Being Not Even Animals Are Allowed To Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.