Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Export Collaboration? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Export Collaboration? (617 Views)

Bee Keepers And Organic Crop Farmers' Needed For Collaboration / Collaboration With Truck Owners. 40ft Trailers / Ondo In Collaboration With Federal Ministry Of Agriculture For Youth Empowerment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Export Collaboration? by ErewaGroup(m): 6:29pm On Feb 11, 2017
Good day,

I am new to nairaland and here to find individuals interested in collaborating on developing Nigerias export industry.

It deeply saddened me when the true extent of Nigerias failure to develop a fruitful export industry became apparent. A country so rich in resources and talent unable to fully exploit it's true potential is something one cannot only place on the corrupt and dimwhitted heads of our country. We the people must collaborate with like minded individuals in order to construct joint ventures which will slowly but surely put Nigeria on the map as a reliable source for commodities, manufacturing and outsourcing.

With the Naira so weak it is time to abandon or at least reavlaute the existing model of importing Asian and western goods. We must now evaluate what we ourselves have to offer...

I have started a business in London primarily focused on importing West African commodities to be sold at retail and wholesale. The issue is the Western perception of Nigerian produced commodities is that "how do we know it is what you say it is?". I'll give you an example, recently I went in to a hair and beauty products shop to buy some shea butter. In London the going retail rate is around N4-5k for 1kg. As I picked up a tub I realised they were all imported from Ghana, I asked the manager of the shop if he would be interested in the same product but cheaper from Nigeria. To my surprise he laughed and told me "no, my customers wouldn't actually believe it was shea butter if it said imported from Nigeria on it".

If you have any ideas or are into farming, production or manufacturing please let us discuss ways on making exporting better. Or if you would like advice let's chat.

Kind regards

Michael Erewa
Erewa Group

1 Like

Re: Export Collaboration? by eseleborjpyaho: 7:08pm On Feb 11, 2017
SIR

KINDLY SEND AN EMAIL TO eseleborjp@yahoo.co.uk AS WE CAN OFFER YU VARIOUS PRODUCT SUCH AS SHEA BUTTER, ETC FROM WEST AFRICA TO E SOLD I LONDON MARKET

1 Like

Re: Export Collaboration? by SehgateTeam(m): 7:15pm On Feb 11, 2017
well sehgateTeam is in for this one. together we can add value to any agricultural produce before pushing it to foreign market. visit our blog and probably talk to me on phone for better discussion.

a lot of opportunity to explore......

finance will not be a problem as well. if you have any contract at hand with secure payment of IRLC am in for it.

www.sehgatehub.
Re: Export Collaboration? by SehgateTeam(m): 7:45pm On Feb 11, 2017
ErewaGroup:
Good day,

I am new to nairaland and here to find individuals interested in collaborating on developing Nigerias export industry.

It deeply saddened me when the true extent of Nigerias failure to develop a fruitful export industry became apparent. A country so rich in resources and talent unable to fully exploit it's true potential is something one cannot only place on the corrupt and dimwhitted heads of our country. We the people must collaborate with like minded individuals in order to construct joint ventures which will slowly but surely put Nigeria on the map as a reliable source for commodities, manufacturing and outsourcing.

With the Naira so weak it is time to abandon or at least reavlaute the existing model of importing Asian and western goods. We must now evaluate what we ourselves have to offer...

I have started a business in London primarily focused on importing West African commodities to be sold at retail and wholesale. The issue is the Western perception of Nigerian produced commodities is that "how do we know it is what you say it is?". I'll give you an example, recently I went in to a hair and beauty products shop to buy some shea butter. In London the going retail rate is around N4-5k for 1kg. As I picked up a tub I realised they were all imported from Ghana, I asked the manager of the shop if he would be interested in the same product but cheaper from Nigeria. To my surprise he laughed and told me "no, my customers wouldn't actually believe it was shea butter if it said imported from Nigeria on it".

If you have any ideas or are into farming, production or manufacturing please let us discuss ways on making exporting better. Or if you would like advice let's chat.

Kind regards

Michael Erewa
Erewa Group

well about our Shea butter I agree with you. our quality is bad compare to other country. The simple reason is that 90% of the butter were extracted locally making it to contain a lot of impurity and some time poor preservative measures. Lot of opportunities await young agropreneur in adding value to agro commodities.

Sometimes ago, I export cow horn to my client in China and he later replied that the quality wasn't like Tanzania. so I asked for samples from Tanzania and I got to know that they only use machine to trim some bad edges and filed the body to make it look attractive afterwards, I acquired the machine and prepare the next order.

Now, he demanded more......So most upcoming exporters have little information to work with thereby, they end up exporting bad qualities. I used to send sample of Shea butter from Ghana because ours is not attractive to me.........

we talk better with time bro.
Re: Export Collaboration? by makdel: 10:13pm On Feb 11, 2017
ErewaGroup:
Good day,

Kind regards

Michael Erewa
Erewa Group

We're highly interested in collaborating with you to develop the industry. Send your contact to flomakdel@gmail.com.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Export Collaboration? by globalexchange: 2:05am On Feb 17, 2017
ErewaGroup:
Good day,

Kind regards

Michael Erewa
Erewa Group

I'm actually on ground in both the US and Nigeria, and was actually looking at the same opportunities in exporting locally sourced goods, to overseas markets, which makes more sense than what I've been doing, which is importing, in this current economic climate. My email is Globalconvextion@gmail.com, I'm all for collaborating with some like minded individuals. The culture of "best practices" and "being held to a higher standard", is something that is far and beyond in this country in almost every industry and sector, and i firmly believe if everyone knew better, then they'll do better.
Re: Export Collaboration? by greatadebola: 10:39am On Mar 24, 2017
[quote author=SehgateTeam post=53624860]

well about our Shea butter I agree with you. our quality is bad compare to other country. The simple reason is that 90% of the butter were extracted locally making it to contain a lot of impurity and some time poor preservative measures. Lot of opportunities await young agropreneur in adding value to agro commodities.

Sometimes ago, I export cow horn to my client in China and he later replied that the quality wasn't like Tanzania. so I asked for samples from Tanzania and I got to know that they only use machine to trim some bad edges and filed the body to make it look attractive afterwards, I acquired the machine and prepare the next order.

Now, he demanded more......So most upcoming exporters have little information to work with thereby, they end up exporting bad qualities. I used to send sample of Shea butter from Ghana because ours is not attractive to me.........

we talk better with time bro.

Kindly update me with your contact Info
Thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Acres Of Land For Sale At Akufo Apete Ibadan / Soyabeans Inoculants / I Give FREE LAND For Any One That Wants To Invest In Plantain Plantation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.