Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,793 members, 7,802,525 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second (11231 Views)

How To Effectively Set Internet Usage Limit / Most Twitter Users In Africa. Nigeria Is First! / Need Statistics On Internet Usage In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by OvieE: 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2009
150 million plus in population compare to Egypt of 40 something million. that is nothing and Nigeria who do not have a record of nothing. How did they get that recording. SA I will say is first.
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2009
@poster
Improve wetin? Wonder why scamming also went up undecided grin
Make I no even talk here. . . .
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by whiteroses(f): 6:23pm On Dec 07, 2009
mr.freddie:

considering that we are 140million and only 11million have access to the internet then its a real shame. but come to think of it, who comes up with this stats, ssәႨ far sʇ! ʞu!Ⴁʇ ʎႨႨɐnʇɔɐ !
probably someone trying to boost nigerians self esteem, another statistics also said we are the race of the happiest people on earth tongue at least our ego got boosted while they are laughing at us, poor third worlders lets hype them up a bit lol
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by ochukoccna: 6:33pm On Dec 07, 2009
sandie391:

And you rank 2nd place in internet fraud. - IN THE WORLD !

http://www.connectingwatches.com/forums/cfmesview.csp?OBJID=14593

I am a proud Zimbabwean !

Cholera possessed poster.  grin grin grin
I can just picture you with your food bowl awaiting UN's food aid in your poverty stricken nation.
Why don't you duel with Mugabe firstly before poking your nose into another nation's affairs? tongue
Imagine having the nerve to come unto NL and spread malicious lies seeing Yugoslavia tops the charts.
Wonder how many baskets of Zimbabwean dollars you took to the cybercafe seeing that piece of paper you call
money ain't worthy of been used to clean 1's behind when exiting in the toilet talk grin grin grin grin grin grin less of the ink
embossed on it. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by whiteroses(f): 6:38pm On Dec 07, 2009
ochukoccna:

Cholera possessed poster.  grin grin grin
I can just picture you with your food bowl awaiting UN's food aid in your poverty stricken nation.
Why don't you duel with Mugabe firstly before poking your nose into another nation's affairs? tongue
Imagine having the nerve to come unto NL and spread malicious lies seeing Yugoslavia tops the charts.
Wonder how many baskets of Zimbabwean dollars you took to the cybercafe seeing that piece of paper you call
money ain't worthy of been used to clean 1's behind when exiting in the toilet talk grin grin grin grin grin grin less of the ink
embossed on it. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

some nigerians are so insecure they bash other africans just to feel good. it's unfortunate what the state of zimbabwe is, and you are bashing other memebr for it? ffucking grow up kmt. sandie dont mind them
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by ochukoccna: 6:43pm On Dec 07, 2009
2nd indeed! What was the criteria used? shocked shocked shocked
Bet Cost, Reliability, Network stability, Customer service, Customer satisfaction, Rural penetration didn't figure.
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by Suntemi(m): 6:52pm On Dec 07, 2009
Thank God for Your-Freedom and others [i]we for de[/i]y number 12 or so.
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by ochukoccna: 6:54pm On Dec 07, 2009
whiteroses:

[b]some nigerians are so insecure they bash other africans just to feel good. it's unfortunate what the state of zimbabwe is, and you are bashing other memebr for it? ffucking grow up kmt.  sandie dont mind them [/b]

1] Nothing about been insecure seeing I was just reminding sandie some of the horrors in Zimbabwe. After all the bible says for us to remove logs from our eyes b4 removing the specks in our brother's eyes. So much for brotherhood.
2] Am grown, are you? From your profile pic, hope that ain't truly the way you are in real life. cool cool cool I'd hate to put on sunglasses to see you in the dark. Methinks, that was how you looked b4 bailing out of the hell hole called Zimbabwe.grin grin grin grin grin  Believe U should look better now that you stay in the UK. Or is your residency there just virtual?
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by 212blaze(m): 7:11pm On Dec 07, 2009
When yahoo boys never finish y we no go be number 2
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by AjanleKoko: 7:13pm On Dec 07, 2009
Guys, guys. . .
Look at the web page again.  All the information you need is right there.

Mind you, this is not an SA versus Nigeria contest. I posted this in order that webpreneurs can see the market opportunity for Internet services in Nigeria.

Quite all right, we do not have the largest footprint. That honour is reserved for Reunion (34.4). We have the second largest number of users.
Look at percentage of population, it's computed right there. Nigeria is 7.4%, while SA is 9.4%. To me, that looks like we growing, unlike SA, which has a teledensity of over 70% and mobile footprint of 94%. That even makes it surprising how come their percentage infiltration is not higher than what is recorded there.
Also, Nigeria has grown at a rate of 5,400% since 2000, while SA has grown at the rate of 91.3%. Somehow, it means Internet is not enjoying a significant uptake in SA. Makes one wonder exactly just how well Mweb and iBurst are doing.
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by dani1luv: 7:21pm On Dec 07, 2009
Happy Nairalanders

But when we see a thread having the topic

"CORRUPTION" Nigeria is First. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . undecided. .
undecided
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by Mrdani1luv: 7:30pm On Dec 07, 2009
We are the Second in Internet Usage in Africa due to this yahoo yahoo boiz of a thing
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by Cleanman(m): 7:33pm On Dec 07, 2009
Nigeria we hail thee, zimbas can kiss ma arse!
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by xtristo(m): 7:37pm On Dec 07, 2009
@the topic

the rating is irrational and unmathematical!what is the population of Nigeria?150million!then what is the ratio of

12.6 to 150?then find the ratio of other countries,then u will discover that Nigeria is much more far behind!lets not

celebrate mediocrity!how could u have beaten South Africa which is about one third of Nigeria's population and yet

have such figure?LETS THINK VERY WELL BEFORE WE MAKE OUR DEDUCTIONS.LETS NOT MISINFORMED THE PEOPLE  

WITH FIGURES.THANKS
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by wizsultan: 7:57pm On Dec 07, 2009
Wrong statistics,
9ja shld be on top!
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by tundekas(m): 8:37pm On Dec 07, 2009
This isnt an issue but then Nigeria should top the list with the no of ppl that use the internet plus the free internet users, lol both on pc and mobile phones. That God for the anti-cencorship software .
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by paddylo1(m): 9:38pm On Dec 07, 2009
What happened 2 Ghana? are they not Africans.

they didnt make the chart homie. . .

whats ghanas population. . 20million?

well thats only lagos and ibadan combined

as for those talking about south africa. . .there are too many poor ppl in that country who cant afford it

a country where they still stick u up for mobile phones,i mean WTF
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by supereagle(m): 10:15pm On Dec 07, 2009
9ja is too much. The only nation that presented a black coach at the w/cup draw. 1st in everytin. Crime looting , electoral fraud etc.
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by afrikaam(m): 10:19pm On Dec 07, 2009
Oboy comot from here.

Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by silvernice(m): 10:32pm On Dec 07, 2009
south africa are there preparing to host the first world cup here in africa and we are here appraising ourselves of meaningless things. statistics that came about by recurrent fraud and yahooing. lets grow up please. such stats wouldn't put food on your table.
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by silvernice(m): 10:33pm On Dec 07, 2009
south africa are there preparing to host the first world cup here in africa and we are here appraising ourselves of meaningless things. statistics that came about by recurrent fraud and yahooing. lets grow up please. such stats wouldn't put food on your table.
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by silvernice(m): 10:34pm On Dec 07, 2009
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by ruiyeye(m): 11:01pm On Dec 07, 2009
where's ghana!!!
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by braine(m): 11:18pm On Dec 07, 2009
@Whiteroses . Is that really you in that profile picture of yours?? Lolz
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by software(m): 11:24pm On Dec 07, 2009
how does this discussion help our great country Nigeria?
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by mamagee3(f): 2:16am On Dec 08, 2009
bigrovar:

Its because of people like you that some females get called Bimbos. I mean wtf!!

Your sentence made no sense at all undecided
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by babyme(f): 2:23am On Dec 08, 2009
xtristo:

@the topic

the rating is irrational and unmathematical!what is the population of Nigeria?150million!then what is the ratio of

12.6 to 150?then find the ratio of other countries,then u will discover that Nigeria is much more far behind!lets not

celebrate mediocrity!how could u have beaten South Africa which is about one third of Nigeria's population and yet

have such figure?LETS THINK VERY WELL BEFORE WE MAKE OUR DEDUCTIONS.LETS NOT MISINFORMED THE PEOPLE  

WITH FIGURES.THANKS

damn!!!wheres yall asse.s when they call us the most corrupt nation??i dont see no one defending and considering the fact that we are overpopulated now something gud is said about us and everone is blaming it on the effing population, *pish*this guys undecided. . .always trying to ruin good tymes  sad
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by babyme(f): 2:25am On Dec 08, 2009
damn!!!wheres yall asse.s when they call us the most corrupt nation??i dont see no one defending and considering the fact that we are overpopulated now something gud is said about us and everone is blaming it on the effing population, *pish*this guys . . .always trying to ruin good tymes
Re: Internet Usage In Africa: Nigeria is Second by houvest: 3:59am On Dec 08, 2009
can one give us our rating on internet usage in proportion to population before we start beating our chest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Change Windows 7 Starter's Desktop Background? / Yahoo Boys Antics / Laptops That Can Play Fifa N Pes Games Smoothly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.