Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? (9489 Views)

Woman Delivers Quadruplets Four Years After Wedding (Photo) / Is This Girl Really 15 Years Old??!?! / Things You Should Never Say To Your Partner During A Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by Super(m): 7:26pm On Dec 07, 2005
What would you advice a child to say to his father who left him 15 years ago and is now back to seek forgiveness?
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by hotangel2(f): 4:03am On Dec 08, 2005
Did he completely leave the child?? As in no contacts?? Whatsoever! Well that's sad...

If the father asks for forgivness forgive him or her.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by timmy(m): 12:55pm On Dec 08, 2005
tell him you need 15 yrs to think about it

1 Like

Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by christyne(f): 2:02pm On Dec 08, 2005
hot-angel:

Did he completely leave the child?? As in no contacts?? Whatsoever! Well that's sad...

If the father asks for forgivness forgive him or her.

U saying ds cos u dont knw how one feels wen it comes to that.Though,its nice to forgive,but b4 then,he go smell pepper.

timmy:

tell him you need 15 years to think about it

I love dt n dt's exactly wat i'm gonna do if my dad shd come come back.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by sweetnini(f): 2:12am On Dec 21, 2005
i will tell him i love him
he might have a good reason to have left
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by lovemii87: 6:41pm On Dec 21, 2005
after 15 yrs,i will show himthe way out of my heart.
indeed,i might even think of thinking bout it 4 15 yrs
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by Oracle(m): 2:33am On Dec 22, 2005
WELCOME BACK
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by prettyH(f): 2:51am On Dec 22, 2005
timmy:

Correct guy.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by nicetohave(m): 5:10pm On Dec 22, 2005
Nothing...what da h..K? angry
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by Grizzly(m): 9:13am On Feb 19, 2006
As long as he coming back wid pails of dough! lol Now seriously, u dont know wat prompted his decision. i'm not saying he was right, but he could have been very young then, inexperienced, scared, poor, ,sometin like that.,.,and i'm sure he could have been loving u all the while he left u, and wishin he cld come back just like he's just done
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:20pm On Mar 02, 2006
your dad is your dad no matter what maybe circumstances forced him to leave, maybe not, but all the same do forgive him what matters most is the fact that he's back!!
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:24pm On Mar 02, 2006
timmy:

what if he's gone by then,dead!!! how would you feel knowing you didnt forgive him before he died, how would you feel that you didnt get to tell him you loved him?
IT WOULD ALL BE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LATE BY THEN he would be goneeeeee cry cry
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by Grizzly(m): 2:08pm On Mar 02, 2006
To y'all pips talking crap bout waiting for 15years to forgive your dad, i betchu change ur minds wen u learn u in his will + A LUMP SUM angry
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by Rhodalyn(f): 6:47pm On Mar 02, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by retro(f): 6:48pm On Mar 02, 2006
OMG! The same thing happened to me. Only it was 13 years. I NEVER forgave him and NEVER will. EVER! I despise him for leaving me, the first time we met, i said "hi".

Ask him why he left you,
Ask him if he missed you
Ask him if he thought about you
Ask him if he's going to stay

Make him pay for leaving you,
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by nicetohave(m): 4:11am On Mar 03, 2006
Well done sa, nice muuv cheesy
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by eveseh(f): 3:12pm On Apr 28, 2006
retro:

OMG! The same thing happened to me. Only it was 13 years. I NEVER forgave him and NEVER will. EVER! I despise him for leaving me, the first time we met, i said "hi".

Ask him why he left you,
Ask him if he missed you

grin grin grin grin kiss kiss
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by Rosby(m): 3:17pm On Apr 28, 2006
please fellow nairalander,

how can I send a new post
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by shawna(f): 1:38am On Jun 19, 2006
where the hell have u been all these years
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by ddizzle(f): 5:46am On Jun 19, 2006
you see something yeah i think every man has a fault, he left you and dats wrong but you cant keep hating him for that! i think you should forgive him, for him to beg to come back that means he really cares about you! many kids dont even see their dad till they here he died, he probably cant forgive himself for leaving you! and ill say just spare him an extra burden by FORGIVING HIM! You should see it as those 15 YEARS were his loss not yours! Make up with him dear lifes too short to hold grudges!!
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by sweetnini(f): 7:41am On Jun 19, 2006
retro:

Ask him why he left you,
Ask him if he missed you

yea
i take back wat i said earlier
this is wat i'll do
cos this past few months i've come to realize more things
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by ddizzle(f): 7:48am On Jun 19, 2006
aiht girl i do hope evrything works out for you!! i wont say ive been in your shoes becuase my dad is well respected and hes in the public eye alot of times so i dnt want to say nuffin bout him bt i forgave him, it was hard bt i needed a dad my mum couldnt do both
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by lunafish(f): 8:32am On Jun 19, 2006
Timmy was so right. Retro was on point too.
@Shawna-Great question

Personally; if the reason he left was a reason that I wouldn't tolerate then I wouldn't say anything. You lived without thinking of me so die that way. I know it may sound cruel but somehow I don't care. Life is hard without a father but if life with him would've been harder then I wouldn't start any relationship. You won't be at my graduation. You won't be at my wedding. You won't see my kids. I just dont want to know.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by wiseguy(m): 11:16am On Jun 19, 2006
It depends on his reason. If his reason sounds so stupid to me, I will tell him he is forgiven but he should go and never try to contact me again. Chikena! One thing I believe is no matter the situation never you run away from your responsibilities.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by kiwibabe(f): 11:54am On Jun 19, 2006
I would say:

Soo the wonderer returns! or Look what the cat dragged in:

So he remembers me today abi, he should take himself back where he came from. I was doing just fine without him.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by Rhea(f): 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2006
How about:

"I've got a brand new dad. Won't mind a spare around though, just in case"
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by Grizzly(m): 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2006
whats that, ?
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by Rottweiler(m): 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2006
Whatever a child says/does to his/her father that abandoned him/her years or decades ago is his/her right! The fact remains that YOUR DAD IS YOUR DAD! If he has come back to his senses, all you need to do is to FORGIVE.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by diyobdw(f): 3:47pm On Jun 19, 2006
You should say: Hello stranger you got just fifteen year to catch with to be my daddy.So go one start the race undecided
For real to forgive isnt that easy especially when you suffer'd a bunch because of his absence.
i would say listen to your heart for a while and do the most re-occuring suggetion.

Who knows if he is back for real anyway? angry
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by Idekeson(m): 6:21pm On Jun 19, 2006
Is he coming back loaded or broke-ass? Lots of cash will go a long way to facilitate this reunion process.
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by sherri(f): 6:39pm On Jun 19, 2006
he didn't leave u! he left ur mother!!
take ur time to forgive and make up for lost time.
he's back because he cares. u get to know him b4 u let ur guard down.
good luck
Re: 15 Years After Your Dad Left You: What Would You Say To Him? by lunafish(f): 7:05pm On Jun 19, 2006
All the people who said forgive don't know what the F*UCK they are talking about.

Oh Daddy! Forget the fact that you rejected me, left me, didn't account for me, didn't support me, didn't communicate and didn't love me because I forgive you!

Oh Daddy! You're back! never mind that it's been 15 years of pain and self hate, loneliness and lack of paternal love, I forgive you!

Oh Daddy! Mum had a s*hit time doing your job and we felt the hardship but now you've come back everything's okay, we forgive you!

Give me a muthaf*ucking break.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Parenting Advice For Career Women From Pastor Mrs Olamide Timi David / Who Is Responsible For Traditional Marriage / An Informal Letter To Nigerian Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.