Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,999 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? (22101 Views)

I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / Help! My Boss Is Taking Credit For My Work / Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by biggz82: 8:34am On Feb 12, 2017
Blow the whistle and loose your job
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by StOla: 8:34am On Feb 12, 2017
18SNVL:

So he should allow the rot to continue as a good Christian who must not judge?
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by maxti: 8:35am On Feb 12, 2017
The boss has no Good intentions for the company. He just wants to ruin it. Blow the whistle. Do it anonymously for security reasons.
I dont know the structure of the organization. If the auditor has already been bought, you dont know who else is part of the cartel.
Can the owner be reached directly?

When you do it anonymously, keep your evidence that you reported it becuase when the hammer would come, that might be your only saving grace.

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by OHCOMEON: 8:40am On Feb 12, 2017
Tell your friend to do the needful ie report the boss, even if he losses the job or not, it will be a big boost to his CV

1 Like

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by blont(m): 8:41am On Feb 12, 2017
...keep it on the downlow, nobody has to know. (in the voice of R.kelly)

1 Like

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by jayriginal: 8:42am On Feb 12, 2017
Think of the 5%.
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by Ademat7(m): 8:42am On Feb 12, 2017
Noblejay7
Check d line of communication in ur firm,if ur boss is at d top then "don't blow d whistle" but if not meet someone higher than him through mail and hint him like
"Sir what can u do if Dis kind of situation is happening?" Get his reaction first;if cooperating blow d whistle but if not tell him u just want to know that's y u ask in case he is trying to question you on why u come ask.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by ucheheart(m): 8:44am On Feb 12, 2017
Define corruption
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by endeedike(m): 8:45am On Feb 12, 2017
life doesn't have book rules... 48 laws of power will only ruin your life and create enemies everywhere for you

deepwater:
Never outshine the MASTER

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by bluice2(m): 8:45am On Feb 12, 2017
Boss13:
I will tell you specifically and even in caps - DON'T DO IT IF YOU STILL LOVE YOUR JOB. Your boss may be serving the interest of someone high up the ladder. A boss who has the effrontery to direct subordinates to change figures may have cover up. Do it and lose your job or be frustrated out of the system.

Sadly this person processes most of these documents, meaning his or her signatures will be on some of them. So at the tail end; will be roped into a mess whenever it blows open

4 Likes

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by spreado(m): 8:47am On Feb 12, 2017
My dad tenant actually did something lyk dis, report his corrupt boss.. He was sack and was unable to pay rent for 6months.. My dad sent him packing on d 7month

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by anyicash(m): 8:48am On Feb 12, 2017
There is a way to do it, u have to send unanimous message to your company superiors without a trace of you. tell them all you have noticed but make sure ur evidence are factual. don't blow a force alarm and just say all you know that are the truth. save ur company and secure ur job.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by Reference(m): 8:49am On Feb 12, 2017
When (not if) the company folds up due to mismanagement hindsight will indeed become 20/20.
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by oge4real(f): 8:51am On Feb 12, 2017
After reading all the comments, it finally dawned on me that THERE IS NO HOPE FOR NIGERIA!!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by nenergy(m): 8:54am On Feb 12, 2017
powerfulsettings:
Meanwhile incase you intend purchasing a system, pls you can help me out, I need to sell this 2weeks old Dell icore3, so as to meet up with my skul fee deadline tomorrow
Check below for more details thanks
warranty in Nigeria?
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by Reference(m): 8:58am On Feb 12, 2017
Kondomatic:
Easiest way to get sacked in most institutions is to report a corrupt boss..

It is still the same thing, the company is bound to fold. Staying is just postponing the inevitable.
To cover for his theft will mean other staff working beyond their assigned abilities and competencies which is also not worth it.
The problem most people have whether it is those working in government or in industry is that they have this mental detachment from what they do and the establishment they work for. They have this narrow vision and cannot see the broader picture of career, values and wealth creation. They just feel that 'I am there for a while so it doesn't matter'. But the effects of corruption are longer lasting on the psyche of the individuals participating or witnessing it.

I will liken it to a typical child who lives in war torn Bornu. Even after the war has ended he will grow with mental battle scars that will last a lifetime and affect the way he relates with others. Same with corruption. If you hang around it too long, you will develop mental scarring that will hinder your future abilities to succeed whether you are a participant or not. I cannot go into the detail here but a couple of examples:

You have established a business of your own, you mental scar will prevent you from trusting your workers thereby limiting their creativity and dexterity. Or you have a business on your own and encounter challenges, you are more likely going to cut corners and do your own littke corruption because you have witnessed it 'ssuccessfully' being done before, and many more.

Corruption is bad. And ahould be eliminated immediately if identified around you. The biggest problem Niherians have as individuals surrounds or system of values. It has corroded society and left us poor and undeveloped. Not just government but the whole of society

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by slimfit1(m): 8:58am On Feb 12, 2017
Blow before the company go bankrupt if the company goes down you will be the first person to be sacked. This is why I can never invest in Nigeria. People like him see things been done the wrong way and they do nothing till the company goes down. Remember if the company go down you will still loss your job. We don't think properly in Nigeria at all.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by slimfit1(m): 9:00am On Feb 12, 2017
Blow before the company go bankrupt if the company goes down you will be the first person to be sacked. This is why I can never invest in Nigeria. People like him see things been done the wrong way and they do nothing till the company goes down. Remember if the company go down you will still loss your job.
We don't think properly in Nigeria at all. If you are in a small plane or car and you see the driver sleeping do you say it doesn't concern you please ara a du gbo help me oh .
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by dyangprof(m): 9:03am On Feb 12, 2017
Noblejay7:
A friend shared this with me and I decided to bring it here in other to get advice.

He works with a company as an admin officer and part of his job description is processing of expenses for daily purchases and payment to vendors and suppliers.

My friend is in a fix right now and he needs advice. The problem started when his former boss boss was sacked due to downsizing. His new boss is a terribly corrupt person.

Inspire of the fact that his boss earns good salary which ordinary should be enough for him, he still manipulates figures and orders my friend to raise fictitious expenses which he converts to private use.

My friend also notice that his boss connives with vendors to inflate price in return for kickbacks.

Recently my friend processed and got approval for purchase of tyres for their operational vehicles in the office only for his boss to collect the money without buying the tyres.

The internal auditor who is suppose to check mate this excesses has been quiet .

My friend is thinking of using the company's wishle blowing mechanism but this might affect his boss as he could be sacked.

Kindly advice.

u don't work against ya boss

just dey observe and follow instructions

ya boss yanch go open one day

d auditor is in beta position to blow d wistle
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by teemy(m): 9:04am On Feb 12, 2017
noblejay7 start with what ademat7 said above. also best you identify whose money is actually stolen such as the ceo or founder. should in case your friend gets fired for this like spreado described ensure he has oral and paper evidence to courtcase.
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by 18SNVL: 9:07am On Feb 12, 2017
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by teemy(m): 9:08am On Feb 12, 2017
noblejay7 i would like to add that you gave too much description about your friend's line of work. you should just have been 'general'. to those encouraging the bad attitude of the boss remember, what goes around comes around. remember this recession

1 Like

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by NeutralJUDGE(m): 9:09am On Feb 12, 2017
Bilabong:
He should just stay put and gather evidence over a period of time. Concrete one at that, mouth talk is not enough.

Meanwhile

After 5 months of being 6th on the table they finally moved to five. Not up to 30min Dr Manè sent them back...
They were like... sombori cannot contest league with chelshit again?¿
They were celebrating top four already when Dr Mane sent them to where they belong...Mou was like someone cannot play with Mane ni?
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by walexsho(m): 9:11am On Feb 12, 2017
Life is a teacher, the more you live the more you learn.

I tell you the boss will soon try frustrate him out cos he'll soon stat thinking the guy knows lot about his corrupt practices. Especially if a signature/Support is needed from your Friend to carryout the act and your friend refuses to give the support. I'll advise he start gathering proofs and evidences incase the unexpected comes from the boss. But be ready for the worse whether the secrete is revealed or NOT
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by 18SNVL: 9:11am On Feb 12, 2017
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by snowden9(m): 9:12am On Feb 12, 2017
For the fact that you've even outlined all those things about your boss, you know fully well in your heart that the best thing to do is blow the whistle.
As chief whistle blower in the world, i, mr Edward snowden gives you the order to blow the f**king whistle
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by 18SNVL: 9:14am On Feb 12, 2017
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by Lacomb(m): 9:15am On Feb 12, 2017
From your explanation, your friend seem to be the one officially raising the PR and collecting the money, is there any written request for those money by is immediate boss? If no! He is in trouble already. In the case of the tyres did his boss sign for the money he collected? The RIGHT thing is to report him, if he doesn't and the boss is caught he is an accomplice, if the boss is not caught and the company folds he would go back to the streets any way and he would never forgive himself for that, knowing he was in the position of remedying the situation. Please tell him to gather his evidence and BLOW THE WHISTLE, even if he gets fired for that which I doubt, if properly done, he would at least know he did the right thing.

4 Likes

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by ewen: 9:18am On Feb 12, 2017
Noblejay7:
A friend shared this with me and I decided to bring it here in other to get advice.

He works with a company as an admin officer and part of his job description is processing of expenses for daily purchases and payment to vendors and suppliers.

My friend is in a fix right now and he needs advice. The problem started when his former boss boss was sacked due to downsizing. His new boss is a terribly corrupt person.

Inspire of the fact that his boss earns good salary which ordinary should be enough for him, he still manipulates figures and orders my friend to raise fictitious expenses which he converts to private use.

My friend also notice that his boss connives with vendors to inflate price in return for kickbacks.

Recently my friend processed and got approval for purchase of tyres for their operational vehicles in the office only for his boss to collect the money without buying the tyres.

The internal auditor who is suppose to check mate this excesses has been quiet .

My friend is thinking of using the company's wishle blowing mechanism but this might affect his boss as he could be sacked.

Kindly advice.

your security is not guaranteed. That is why the internal Auditor is quiet.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by snowden9(m): 9:24am On Feb 12, 2017
18SNVL:
How's life in Russia working out for ya?

Putin has been a great friend. I helped him with the hack on Clinton's account and the election hack. We needed Trump in the white House. Lemme just say I have a much more understanding relationship with the Russian government than the government of the United States
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 12, 2017
Idydarling:
will comment later, lemme pray
holy mary pray for us sinner's,,,,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Share How Your Ex-boses Responded To Your Resignation / Shoprite Workers Embark On Protests In Ibadan, Shut Down Company Indefinitely / Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.