Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? (22102 Views)

I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / Help! My Boss Is Taking Credit For My Work / Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:26am On Feb 12, 2017
Google 'ordinary Ahmed berekete family '...our judiciary can't help but he can.
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by izobemheuwaize: 11:38am On Feb 12, 2017
[quote author=powerfulsettings post=53634265]my friend this is Nigeria where someone accumulate raw foreign cash worth over 5billion naira for domestic use at home. Ur boss is only a leaner in this context, pls give up blowing the whistle if that ur boss has been in the company before you.

Meanwhile incase you intend purchasing a system, pls you can help me out, I need to sell this 2weeks old Dell icore3, so as to meet up with my skul fee deadline tomorrow
Check below for more details thanks
[/quot

your friend is on track but can the company treat the issue with your friend being anonymous
As this is for his safety
he should move with care.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by Respect11(m): 11:55am On Feb 12, 2017
waiting concern you. na workshop the man dey na
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by ChinonsoDike2: 12:06pm On Feb 12, 2017
Lol. The responses here show why Africa/Nigeria will always be a craphole. A country filled with low IQ baboons.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by promofleetmc: 12:14pm On Feb 12, 2017
I hope this your friend doesn't want to come join the already over populated labour market?Make him no put eye for another person matter o!Maybe he wants to take his boss position .
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by j1mmy: 12:34pm On Feb 12, 2017
corruption is crime, silence = witness to crime!
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by vanvino(m): 12:39pm On Feb 12, 2017
We all agree what his Boss is doing is bad, Right? Instead of us Brainstorming ourself, getting more information frm this guys so we knw how to channel the action of his Boss to appropriate Body{if there is any atleast lets try} instead we are interested in him saving his ass. If the Company is closed where will his ass be? I cant help but ask, Do some of us Re-read the the kind of words that flows out of our heart in form of advice? Cus Here in Nairaland each time i read the kind of Counsel we give to someone in Dilemma, i weep for our unborn Children who count on us "Youths" to save their future & we have no Moral standing Critizing our Politicians "I am{put our politicians here} the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you"-Genghis Khan

1 Like

Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by shamecurls(m): 12:57pm On Feb 12, 2017
In as much as we re in Nigeria!

If your friend likes his life, job and family, I will advice he keeps quite.

"Person wey pass you, get power to kill you"
-Nigerian proverb
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by senitorspeaker(m): 1:26pm On Feb 12, 2017
Mumu blow d whistle naa and see if he(d boss wnt buy his way out and sack u) dnt try to bring bk a rotten mango ( ur country is long dead with corruption) infact without it sef u can't have a gud life in ur bleeped country. Then u? U will go bk to d labor market to strt looking for job that u u still av to bribe ur way to gt it.... Go on blow d whistle stay jobless for 5yrs and lose all uv gat.... Stupid
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by xxgig(m): 1:31pm On Feb 12, 2017
Noblejay7:
My friend is thinking of using the company's wishle blowing mechanism but this might affect his boss as he could be sacked.

Kindly advice.
from this account, you'll agree with me that if we remove corruption no body will we've to be sacked even in this recession. Corruption increases the running cost of a firm thus reducing profit which further result in downsizing. Abeg make your friend blow "Trumpet" for him head.
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by adanny01(m): 3:04pm On Feb 12, 2017
If i were the guy, i will just watch my back as these kinda guys can harm without blinking an eye.
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by haywire1: 3:27pm On Feb 12, 2017
kaysy:

Just look at the trash u posted, and u'r seaching for a job? If i had a vacant office in my company do u expect me to employ u? This is why many will remain jobless cos they are enemies of themselves. A good company can see this, request for ur cv and then profile ur name in their blackbook. SMH

What's this one saying undecided .. Get him ur best solution instead of u spitting trash ... undecided

#
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by GuyfawkesAB(m): 3:58pm On Feb 12, 2017
Tweet this link @ efcc on twitter

Noblejay7:
A friend shared this with me and I decided to bring it here in other to get advice.

He works with a company as an admin officer and part of his job description is processing of expenses for daily purchases and payment to vendors and suppliers.

My friend is in a fix right now and he needs advice. The problem started when his former boss boss was sacked due to downsizing. His new boss is a terribly corrupt person.

Inspire of the fact that his boss earns good salary which ordinary should be enough for him, he still manipulates figures and orders my friend to raise fictitious expenses which he converts to private use.

My friend also notice that his boss connives with vendors to inflate price in return for kickbacks.

Recently my friend processed and got approval for purchase of tyres for their operational vehicles in the office only for his boss to collect the money without buying the tyres.

The internal auditor who is suppose to check mate this excesses has been quiet .

My friend is thinking of using the company's wishle blowing mechanism but this might affect his boss as he could be sacked.

Kindly advice.
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by mimicue(f): 4:04pm On Feb 12, 2017
It would be nice to blow the whistle because honestly that's the best thing to do .. But this country is too corrupt and can come with consequences regarding how the issues will be handled and you can loose your job .. The best thing is if you know you want to blow the whistle pray about it and let God direct you on how u will do it .. If not don't blow any whistle and mind your business.. There's no job outside
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by ephi123(f): 4:28pm On Feb 12, 2017
twilliamx:
It is silence like this that destroyed this country to this level, when the first corrupt person was ignored, the attitude spread like wild fire and see where we are today, i implore you to use the whistle blowing medium and BLOW the whistle on his a$$. this is how they go about ruining what others have worked hard to build. blow the whistle. it the right thing to do.
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by ephi123(f): 4:30pm On Feb 12, 2017
ERockson:
Your boss can even survive the issue if you blow the whistle but you will not survive it. Even if you remain in the company they will still hand over to another potential thief that will frustrate or sideline you. They will treat you like leper in that organization. Don't underestimate the power of corrupt people

If this was YOUR company, will you still take this same stance?
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by ephi123(f): 4:35pm On Feb 12, 2017
Noblejay7:
A friend shared this with me and I decided to bring it here in other to get advice.

He works with a company as an admin officer and part of his job description is processing of expenses for daily purchases and payment to vendors and suppliers.

My friend is in a fix right now and he needs advice. The problem started when his former boss boss was sacked due to downsizing. His new boss is a terribly corrupt person.

Inspire of the fact that his boss earns good salary which ordinary should be enough for him, he still manipulates figures and orders my friend to raise fictitious expenses which he converts to private use.

My friend also notice that his boss connives with vendors to inflate price in return for kickbacks.

Recently my friend processed and got approval for purchase of tyres for their operational vehicles in the office only for his boss to collect the money without buying the tyres.

The internal auditor who is suppose to check mate this excesses has been quiet .

Kindly advice.

The fact that the company has a whistle blowing mechanism makes it clear they are interested in fishing out such fraudsters from their organisation, your friend should be courageous and use it. The boss will likely be re-deployed to another unit before then being sacked.

As a country we won't go anywhere if we don't learn to do the right thing.
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by ERockson: 4:48pm On Feb 12, 2017
ephi123:

If this was YOUR company, will you still take this same stance?

Maybe you don't get point. nobody will support the thieving boss if you are not benefiting from the fraud. I mean he should not blow the whistle if he wishes to remain in that company
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by ephi123(f): 5:16pm On Feb 12, 2017
ERockson:

Maybe you don't get point. nobody will support the thieving boss if you are not benefiting from the fraud. I mean he should not blow the whistle if he wishes to remain in that company

That's not the point either. First of all, those in charge of the hotline are usually external to the company, he doesn't even have to provide his name/details, they will know the steps to take without implicating the person. But even if he has cause to leave the company just for that singular reason I can bet you, God is simply preparing him for a bigger phase.
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by andycurrency: 6:21pm On Feb 12, 2017
Yes
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by Jammiiee(m): 9:56pm On Feb 12, 2017
I think we really need to get to that stage where we put our moral values first before any other thing. So, because job is scarce, does that mean he should connive? Coz either he likes it or not, that's connivance. And that guy is a confederate. It's very simple, right frm the onset, he should av stood his ground angry and let his boss know that he can't doctor the books for him politely. Whatever happens thereafter he should bear the consequence. As for me I don't need to report him. from the onset I'll tell him point- blank ,I can't do it sir, simple sad I would rather that boss sacks me than soil my name, for what? We've got different mindsets tho. If I quit that job today I will get a better offer elsewhere. Forget abt the state of this country. The jobs are still available out there. I can't even allow that man use me for his biddings. I'd rather chicken-out and earn my respect
Oliviaxx:
Well he can actually 'blow the whistle' only and if only it wont be traced back to him. From my experience, these corrupt people normally have friends in high places. If nothing is done to his boss after he reports and then the said boss catches wind of the situation...ur friend is a goner, and in dis our nigeria of few jobs....is he willing to take such a step at the possible cost of his job?
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by kaysy(m): 8:55am On Feb 13, 2017
haywire1:

What's this one saying undecided .. Get him ur best solution instead of u spitting trash ... undecided

#

You're truly jobless
Re: My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? by haywire1: 11:16pm On Feb 13, 2017
kaysy:

You're truly jobless

I don't run jamb,waec,neco scam like u angry

#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? / Shoprite Workers Embark On Protests In Ibadan, Shut Down Company Indefinitely / My Experience With The Rude Female Employees At Visafone Office Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.