Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Advice From Experts Pls! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Advice From Experts Pls! (514 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice From Experts Pls! by biotechshola(m): 8:53am On Feb 12, 2017
I'm seriously considering venturing into buying and selling of agricultural products but still contemplating on which to go into. I have three options and would like to know which is more profitable.

My options are:
1. palm oil

2. Garri

3. Eggs

Please I need experts in these areas to enlighten me on the market availability, profit and challenges.

Thank you as you do.
Re: Advice From Experts Pls! by DTOBS(m): 9:06am On Feb 12, 2017
biotechshola:
I'm seriously considering venturing into buying and selling of agricultural products but still contemplating on which to go into. I have three options and would like to know which is more profitable.

My options are:
1. palm oil

2. Garri

3. Eggs

Please I need experts in these areas to enlighten me on the market availability, profit and challenges.

Thank you as you do.
PALM OIL is a very good commodity to trade in. The market spread across states in nigeria and your biz will make serious profit if you can get it from area of abundance and sell where it is very scarce. In the South, I know of calabar having palm oil in abundance, in West, a particular village in Ile Ife (oloode), Osun State has it in abundance, In the East, I know of Abia State having it also... Do your Feasibility study well, map out areas where you can supply it to (where it is very scarce, cos it is with that, that you will make good profit).

GARRI: I don't have idea but almost all the state are into cassava planting which makes Garri to be available in most of the states. But notwithstanding, some states are having it in abundance (examples, SW states) while some are having in low quantity.

EGG: Poultry product of egg is good to venture into but you must have your ready buyers before you start. Buyers like, Hotels, Eateries, Restaurant and Household that are on ground to buy immediately you have the product. Almost all the states also are into poultry production (Egg) and you can maximise your local areas to create your market.

But in all, Agriculture is the best anyone can venture into with his money. Success in your Endeavors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice From Experts Pls! by biotechshola(m): 10:26am On Feb 12, 2017
DTOBS:

PALM OIL is a very good commodity to trade in. The market spread across states in nigeria and your biz will make serious profit if you can get it from area of abundance and sell where it is very scarce. In the South, I know of calabar having palm oil in abundance, in West, a particular village in Ile Ife (oloode), Osun State has it in abundance, In the East, I know of Abia State having it also... Do your Feasibility study well, map out areas where you can supply it to (where it is very scarce, cos it is with that, that you will make good profit).

GARRI: I don't have idea but almost all the state are into cassava planting which makes Garri to be available in most of the states. But notwithstanding, some states are having it in abundance (examples, SW states) while some are having in low quantity.

EGG: Poultry product of egg is good to venture into but you must have your ready buyers before you start. Buyers like, Hotels, Eateries, Restaurant and Household that are on ground to buy immediately you have the product. Almost all the states also are into poultry production (Egg) and you can maximise your local areas to create your market.

But in all, Agriculture is the best anyone can venture into with his money. Success in your Endeavors.

so much appreciate this piece bro...I think from your analysis, palm oil is the most preferable. I'm familiar with oloode, wud try to make further findings. Thanks bro!
Re: Advice From Experts Pls! by DTOBS(m): 11:44am On Feb 12, 2017
biotechshola:

so much appreciate this piece bro...I think from your analysis, palm oil is the most preferable. I'm familiar with oloode, wud try to make further findings. Thanks bro!

You are welcome.. .
Okay, oloode is in Ife East... Immediately after Ifewara! They have it in abundance...

Your market for palm oil could be Benue State here cos they don't have it at all and it is costly. They get their supply from Calabar (a nearby state). The only challenge you will have is Transportation and that may be the ish! So map out other areas like that and do the Feasibility study of each to know the best state for your market.
Re: Advice From Experts Pls! by ifeomagodwin75: 5:46pm On Jul 03, 2017
Thanks you sir for the lecture. Please sir, do you have contact details of anyone that has oil mill or Palm oil seller in Ile Ife (Oloode), Osun state.
You can send the contact details on my number 08037249282
DTOBS:

(1) (Reply)

Taupaline Pond / Big Size Broilers For Sale At Awka / Floating Feed Pellet Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.