Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,546 members, 7,809,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds (35949 Views)

$151m Deposits: Bankers, Civil Servants To Face Trial / FG Recovers 40 New SUVs, Other Vehicles From Perm Sec - Lai Mohammed / FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by soldierkunle: 11:16am On Feb 12, 2017
The Federal Government said it recovered another 151 million dollars and N8 billion looted funds from three sources through whistke-blowers.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed disclosed this in a statement issued on Sunday in Lagos.

Mohammed sad actionable information given by whistle-blowers to the office of the Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation led to the recovery of the looted fund.

He said the looted funds do not include the 9.2 million dollars in cash allegedly owned
by a former Group Managing Director of the NNPC, also a dividend of the whistle-blower policy.

“The biggest amount of 136.7 million dollars was recovered from an account in

a commercial bank, where the money was kept under an apparently fake
account name.
“This was followed by N7 billion and 15 million dollars from another person and N1 billion from yet another,” he said.

The minister reiterated the position of government that there was a primitive and mindless looting of the national treasury under the last administration.

He said the whistle-blower policy has started yielding fruit, few months after its adoption by the government.

“The whistle-blower policy is barely two months old and Nigerians have started feeling its impact, how a few people squirrelled away public funds.

It is doubtful if any economy in the world will not feel the impact of such mind-boggling looting of the treasury as was experienced in Nigeria.

”Yet whatever has been recovered so far, including the 9.2 million dollars by the EFCC, is just a tip of the iceberg,” he said.

The minister appealed to Nigerians with useful information on looted funds to continue to provide the authorities with such information, saying confidentiality will be maintained with regards to the source of the
information.

He also reminded Nigerians of the financial reward aspect of the policy.

”If there is a voluntary return of stolen or concealed public funds or assets on the account of the information provided, the whistle blower may be entitled to anywhere between 2.5 per cent (Minimum) and 5.0 per cent (Maximum) of the total amount recovered,” he said. (NAN)

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/whistle-blower-fg-recovers-another-151m-n8b-looted-funds/184913.html#Ucij4jiqtlMx9kWc.99

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 12, 2017
Hian!!

9 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by temitemi1(m): 11:22am On Feb 12, 2017
just wondering what happened to the monies recovered so far cool

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by sarrki(m): 11:22am On Feb 12, 2017
A Black Sunday for wailers and their pay masters

93 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by sarrki(m): 11:22am On Feb 12, 2017
It's been back to back hit

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by sunmike065(m): 11:23am On Feb 12, 2017
dis whistle blower seems to b the latest lucrative business in Naija oo cheesy

107 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by madridguy(m): 11:23am On Feb 12, 2017
WHY WE HAVE RECESSION:

* Tompolo was paid 13Billion.
* Ex-CDS,Alex Badeh dug a pit toilet to hide $32m.
* Patience Jonathan is claiming $31m, she has sued the Nigerian state.
* Femi Fani-Kayode took 740M.
* Dasuki used trucks to load over $35B from the CBN.
* Olisa Metuh took 400M.
* Aziboala, GEJ's cousin took 6B naira.
* Nenadi Usman took 3.5B naira.
* Fayose took 3B naira.
* Obanikoro took 4Billion naira.
* Olu Falae took 100M naira.
* Tony Anenih - 400M naira.
* Oritsejafor - $35M
* Former Air Chief Amosu - 2Billion naira.
* Lucky Igbinedion-16B naira.
*Bode-George and Dabo -100B naira
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira.
* Joshua Dariye-700M naira.
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b.
* Diezzani with $20 billion missing oil money?
15 billon dollars missing from arms fund, 10 billion naria, converted to dollars and given as gift to delegates of PDP Nation convention, Bafarawa collected 3 billion for spiritual purposes , 12. 7 billon naria for deceased NEPA staff grew wings and disappeared, 20 billion dollars missing from NNPC accounts, 23 billon naira as bribe to INEC staffs to rig the general election. The list is endless. They only left what they can't carry or unable to lay their hands on. The list continues.....
Recession didn't just happen, people looted Nigeria into RECESSION happening....

NOW HEAR THE THIEVES:

1. I acted based on Jonathan's instruction - Dasuki

2. I didn't give order - Jonathan

3. I collected 350M from Dasuki for consultation - Iyorchia Ayu

4. I only collected $30,000 from Dasuki not N100m - Bode George

5. I got N4.6b from Dasuki for spiritual purposes - Bafarawa

6. I got N650M from Dasuki for my Abuja burnt office - Thisday Obaigbena.

7. I got N2.1b from Dasuki for publicity - Dokpesi

8. I got another N100m from Yuguda he didn't tell me from where - Bafarawa.

9. I gave N100m each to Odili, Jim Nwobodo Bode George and others - Yuguda

10. The president asked me to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP delegates - Dasuki

11. My boss asked me to get $11M from the CBN - Dasuki's account officer.

12. I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land. - Nimasa DG.

13. 950m was shared in my house -- Shekarau

With all this looting and many more revealed, some people are still shouting no sign of change yet, they even say it's political persecution.

But I believe, it is the right thing to do.
If you believe too, send this to other people to garner more support for the fight against corruption and looting in our nation. There must be consequences for such crimes otherwise Nigeria will not develop.

277 Likes 69 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by sarrki(m): 11:24am On Feb 12, 2017
temitemi1:
just wondering what happened to the monies recovered so far cool

It will judiciously put to use

As explained by Efcc it is in the FAAC Account

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by Mutuwa(m): 11:28am On Feb 12, 2017
sarrki:
A Black Sunday for wailers and their pay masters

Hehe abi?

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 12, 2017
Whistle blowing hmmm
Ndi na ama emi.
Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by Bevista: 12:06pm On Feb 12, 2017
2 million Buharis cannot save Nigeria! We are chronically corrupt. It's who we are and it's our way of life.

We throng out with drums to celebrate those who have haemorrhaged and raped our collective wealth. We defend our corrupt "brothers and sisters" anytime there is an attempt to call them to answer. We even start a campaign of "Bring back corruption" simply because all the goodies that are byproducts of corruption are no longer there.

Little wonder why we still live in a society that is reminiscent of cave men. Poverty, Darkness, Diseases, Lack of basic social amenities, etc defines us.

Make no mistake to blame this on leaders, for leaders are merely products of society. A corrupt society births corrupt leaders! From civil servants to police officers to judges to elected officials to lecturers to students to pastors to artisans to everyone...there is corruption everywhere. It's a cultural thing, it's a Way of Life! Try being different and you are called "mugu", dumb or asked if you want to be the next Jesus.

To show how primitively corrupt we are, we stash our loot as cash. No thought of even putting the money in the banking system where it would (at least) serve as loans to businesses and entrepreneurs.

Tufiakwa!

61 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by ZeroTolerance: 12:07pm On Feb 12, 2017
Their usual distraction.
ZeroTolerance:
Shagari was in office from 1979 to 1983. They say his government looted the national treasury. Things were not so good but Nigeria did not go into an economic recession. Then Buhari came as military Head of State and was in office from 1983 to 1985. They say he did not loot. But during his time in office, Nigeria fell into a deep economic recession. Then came Babangida. They say he looted Nigeria from 1985 to 1993. Yet there was no economic recession. After Babangida came Shonekan and Abacha from 1993 to 1998. Abacha was also said to have looted the treasury. In fact, his loot stashed abroad is still being recovered till today. Yet there was still no economic recession. From 1998 to 2015, we have had Abdulsalami, Obasanjo, Yar'Adua and Jonathan. All administrations were accused of looting the treasury. Still there was no recession. Now Buhari is back and we are once again in a recession and you say "LOOTING" of the Jonathan years is the cause? Are we okay Do u need a prophet to tell u that this pmb is a proven failure?

33 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by Iamwrath: 12:10pm On Feb 12, 2017
$115M

And they blame Buhari for recession

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by SIRmanjar(m): 12:11pm On Feb 12, 2017
Useless govt dem wan use whistle blowing cover dem cluelessnez.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by omenkaLives(m): 12:11pm On Feb 12, 2017
madridguy:
WHY WE HAVE RECESSION:

* Olisa Metuh took 400M.
* Fayose took 3B naira.
* Oritsejafor - $35M
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b.
15 billon dollars missing from arms fund, 10 billion naria, converted to dollars and given as gift to delegates of PDP Nation convention, Bafarawa collected 3 billion for spiritual purposes , 12. 7 billon naria for deceased NEPA staff grew wings and disappeared, 20 billion dollars missing from NNPC accounts, 23 billon naira as bribe to INEC staffs to rig the general election. The list is endless. They only left what they can't carry or unable to lay their hands on. The list continues.....
Recession didn't just happen, people looted Nigeria into RECESSION happening....

NOW HEAR THE THIEVES:

10. The president asked me to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP delegates - Dasuki

12. I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land. - Nimasa DG.

With all this looting and many more revealed, some people are still shouting no sign of change yet, they even say it's political persecution.

If you believe too, send this to other people to garner more support for the fight against corruption and looting in our nation. There must be consequences for such crimes otherwise Nigeria will not develop.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by kolaaderin: 12:16pm On Feb 12, 2017
whistle blowing fast becoming the next line of business after oil bunkery and kidnapping..... but i think its a legitimate source of making millions in dollar. Let the whistle keeps blowing

HELLO EFCC I WANNA BLOW A WHISTLE........

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by GOFRONT(m): 12:19pm On Feb 12, 2017
Just d way they loot Excessively for their generation unborn, that's d same way they want to personalize d Govt office where they work so dat their unborn Gen can com and work there.....Their beleive is that "Nigeria belong to only them" Such that it is only them and their family members that has d right to work in such a parastatal.....Go to CBN, go to ministries, u wil know wat am sayin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by Lanretoye(m): 12:25pm On Feb 12, 2017
Nigeria absorber na akube o,e for Don dry since.
Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 12, 2017
They should keep giving people who are suffering and shouting sai baba hopes. Some just dont see d game dat wen Nigerians stand up to demand the change APC promised us, they start releasing and blowing trumpets on looted funds. They will keep doing dat till 2019 and yet dis country will not make a single progress. PMB should have campaigned for efcc chairman and not presidency.

Neither do i support PDP to me they are all criminals i will support any party dat d masses form themselves in which there is no single recycled politician in it

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 12, 2017
sarrki:

It will judiciously put to use

As explained by Efcc it is in the FAAC Account

Sarrki thank u. U are here. Jonathan ruined this economy. But this liepods will keep defending him and dasuki. Yet no loot will get to them.
Jonathan ruined this country and the unborn children.

PDP is cursed. They are thieves.

IpobExposed

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by Memphis357(m): 3:21pm On Feb 12, 2017
Snitching is now a profitable business

1 Like

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by SpecialAdviser(m): 3:21pm On Feb 12, 2017
I don't support corruption of any form but why is all these news coming up when rumors of Buhari's death is flying around?

Did they reappoint new EFCC chairman?

I strongly believe this is a deliberate attempt to distract us from Recession and BUBU medical leave.

Whoever stole should be tried and hanged but politicizing corruption will not do us any good.

They said PDP stole arms money to facilitate election. PDP spokesman has been taken to court but PDP chairman whom he served is still sipping coffee simply because he played sabotage in favor of APC. Who is fooling who?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by Sunymoore(m): 3:21pm On Feb 12, 2017
Well... We are led by looters

1 Like

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by parzdor(m): 3:22pm On Feb 12, 2017
gf
Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by signz: 3:22pm On Feb 12, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by kachi08(m): 3:22pm On Feb 12, 2017
Good job from EFCC but I appeal to federal government to utilize these funds appropriately. #Godblessnigeria

2 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by DrayZee: 3:23pm On Feb 12, 2017
LOL.

So what will now happen to the money?
What has been happening to the rest of the "recovered" money?
Where do they go?

This government sef.
Propaganda every-fvcking-where.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by misterjosh(m): 3:23pm On Feb 12, 2017
It will be well

1 Like

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by pokipoki: 3:23pm On Feb 12, 2017
madridguy:
WHY WE HAVE RECESSION:

* Olisa Metuh took 400M.
* Fayose took 3B naira.
* Oritsejafor - $35M
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b.

NOW HEAR THE THIEVES:

Where is the proof?

11 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by Jchi9876: 3:23pm On Feb 12, 2017
I sorry sorry sorry for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by salabscholar01(m): 3:23pm On Feb 12, 2017
ok
Re: Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds by rose54321: 3:24pm On Feb 12, 2017
Hmm, me thinks EFCC is using all "these" discoveries to distract us..

I'm all for collecting stolen funds, but why the sudden vigour.

Anywho hopefully the recovered loot will be reinjected into the economy and not re-stolen.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers / Olu Okeowo: Area Boys, Fake Pastors Are Products Of South West Nigeria (Video) / British Soldiers Visit Nigeria Defence Headquarter (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.