Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,400 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? (18753 Views)

Polygamy As An Advantage To Innocent Women By Taofeek Yusuf / Polygamy (Polygyny): "Should I live with his second wife" and lots more / Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by Shittuakeem(m): 3:48pm On Feb 17, 2017
If you don't give yourself to Allah you can't understand reasons behind polygamy people talking from Nigeria point of view poverty, money all sort of things meanwhile Allah has perfected his work. I stand to testify that Quran practice is the best way of life.

Imagine in western world today even now in Nigeria we have single mothers and more splinters who are ready to commit adultery with married men I guess to curb such immorality in the society polygamy is encouraged

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by Ssthorm(f): 7:55pm On Feb 17, 2017
Man or woman..nobody finds it cool sharing dier spouses.... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by busar(m): 11:15pm On Feb 17, 2017
Idrismusty97:
Every sane and sensible lady should hate Polygamy. Can a man share his wife with two other men? It is common sense and i feel sorry for those who happen to find themselves in polygamous marriage. But it is waning down slowing especially among the youths, Most Muslims nowadays considered polygamous marriages a burden unless the uneducated ones.
You need to go learn more about your religion (Islam) if really you are one though...
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by HayatH(f): 11:49pm On Feb 17, 2017
I don't hate it but.... I don't like sharing grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by Nobody: 12:01am On Feb 18, 2017
HayatH:
I don't hate it but.... I don't like sharing grin

Lol grin but sharing is caring.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by HayatH(f): 12:09am On Feb 18, 2017
snapscore:

Lol grin but sharing is caring.

When it comes to hubby.... all mine cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by Dindondin(m): 8:49am On Feb 18, 2017
vedaxcool:

There is nothing sensible in loving a husband that cheats with women outside . . . since Islam does not permit a wife to marry 2 husbands the question should be reserved for those whose religion allows such. The issue of polygamy has little to do with education but human tendency to being the one and only, selfish, there are women far educated than you that are in polygamous marriage, so just reserve your ignorant quips appropriately
This is not a debate of a cheating man. The issue of marrying more than one wife is a disadvantage to women that can't have two or more husbands. Islam is one of the religions that permits stylized adultery.
The women two v feelings. They desire more than one man but your religion has silenced them. I hope you ll respond like a cultured man.
Last Bullet
As for all muslim women that enters or support polygamy, you are all enemies of yourselves.
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by Okusi(m): 8:57am On Feb 18, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
There's no way you can treat your several wives equally no matter how rich you are. As long as you cant scrub all parts of your body equally when taking a bath, you cant love all your wives and care for them equally.

Who is bringing up equality as a guide to have a successful polygamous life? The scripture says JUSTICE. No where is it made compulsory for a muslim to marry more than one but its recommended if you are up to the task and follow strictly the rules guiding it.
No religious book emphasized on one wife one husband!
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by Origin(f): 9:02am On Feb 18, 2017
Man is by nature not prone to sharing. Even a man does not want to share his wife...

Everyone would prefer to be one man one wife. But if you put yourself in the shoes of the additional wives you might not totally discredit polygamy.

Besides polygamy is not a muslim thing. It's a Godly thing. Since time immemorial. grin
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 18, 2017
Origin:
Man is by nature not prone to sharing. Even a man does not want to share his wife...

Everyone would prefer to be one man one wife. But if you put yourself in the shoes of the additional wives you might not totally discredit polygamy.

Besides polygamy is not a muslim thing. It's a Godly thing. Since time immemorial. grin

This was one of the first reasons I had a rethink about polygamy.
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by alBHAGDADI: 10:15am On Feb 18, 2017
Okusi:

Who is bringing up equality as a guide to have a successful polygamous life? The scripture says JUSTICE. No where is it made compulsory for a muslim to marry more than one but its recommended if you are up to the task and follow strictly the rules guiding it.
No religious book emphasized on one wife one husband!
You can never be up to the task regardless of how rich or well behaved you are. Father Abraham faced a lot of huge problems living a polygamous life. His wives kept quarreling. Ishmael, the product of his decision to go into polygamy is still causing huge problems in the world today with muslims (his descendants) going about terrorizing the rest of mankind and are hell bent on killing the offspring of Isaac his half brother.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 16, 2017
BismiLLAH. I am Hamidah bint Abbas. my moniker is 9geria.
I write on matters arising in polygyny, like: Is it advisable for the first and second wife to live together? ; should a man that is not capable of fulfilling the sexual needs of the first wife take a second wife?

https://www.nairaland.com/4112695/polygamy-polygyny-should-live-second
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by TheWebDeveloper(m): 7:25am On Oct 21, 2017
Idrismusty97:
So marrying more than a wife prevents men from adultery? It is like saying drinking even more beers prevent you from getting drunk. This is likened to Allah making adultery legal in order to prevent the same adultery.

While you think you're making a point because you're getting a lot of likes..., If truly you are a Muslim, be very careful about what you say or attribute to Almighty Allah.

Desist from making impermissible what Allah has not. Whatever your justification.

Do not slander the name of Allah whatever your objective.

Your attempts at winning an argument may result to your ruin. And you may not have an inkling of this until the day of reckoning.

Don't let arrogance fuel your ruin.
Know this: "Almighty Allah who created us all knows us all more than we do."
Allah, the Most High, is All-wise.

Shy away from hypocrisy.

Beware Idris Mustapha and all the rest of you.

If you will not indulge polygamy, do not condemn it for those that do. That is hypocritical.

True, Allah has given every Muslim the faculty of reasoning.
Nevertheless, be cautious of portraying yourself as more knowledgeable on matters Allah has already made a ruling an all-wise ruling.

Know this also:
There are talks of Muslims long dead but whose corpses still remain fresh, tens of years after their deaths. Defying rot, the elements and the natural laws of nature. These individuals practiced polygamy and lived life yet still saw some of the mercies of Allah.

Some comments have been taken off after I reported them because they outrightly insulted Islam (mockeries.. something you all missed while striving to prove each other right or wrong).

Muslims beware and avoid fanning flame of discussions that attracts non-Muslim to disrespect Allah, the Holy Prophet, the Sunnah and all practising Muslims.
But if they do intrude on discussions that they have no understanding of, do not shy away from putting them in their place by standing together to scold them. Or better, report the comments.
Try doing that least for Islam, the best of religions.
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by sorextee(m): 7:34pm On Oct 21, 2017
Wow. Just wow. I so much love this contribution.. Since I have to swear dat oath so I can comment here, let me just spread My mat here..

alBHAGDADI:
There's no way you can treat your several wives equally no matter how rich you are. As long as you cant scrub all parts of your body equally when taking a bath, you cant love all your wives and care for them equally.

Lets talk about the dangers of polygamy which islamic chauvinists fail to consider. In a polygamous home, there's never peace. Even when there seem to be a semblance of peace, it is usually deceitful and short lived. All wives hate themselves and are always in competition. This alone can make them resort to charms and voodoo to outdo the others for their husband's attention. What about the children? They live by the established divide and only show love to their mother's children alone. This divide goes on till death with hatred, wickedness, distrust etc all of which turns them into menace to society. If you ever come across a child raised in polygamous family, ask such a person to tell you whether he or she loves the half-siblings produce by the father. The expression on the person's face before answering will be more than enough answer for you.

If you check closely the life of a man with many wives, you will realize that he is never happy. Struggling to please your numerous wives equally is really a daunting task that can drain your mentality and run you insane. Men are still finding it difficult coping with just one wife, yet you believe a man can live peaceful with more than one. From constant nagging to separating of fights and quarrels, the man's daily life will be a living hell for him. How about caring for the tonnes of children produced? No matter how rich he may be, in terms of affording to send them all to the same good school, there will still be a reason that will make one of the wives feel her own children are not getting as much as the others. You speak of treating the wives equally, how is that possible when a man is designed to care for his first son much more better than the rest? If he is spending a million dollars on university fees on the first child who has attained that level, don't you think it is appropriate for him to spend that same amount on the children produced by the other wives who are yet to attain university status, according to your equality rule?

Polygamy has really destroyed the society and created poverty as well as criminals. Look at all those motor pack touts aka Agbero with names like Kabiru, Mukaila, Ganiyu, Sule, musiliu etc, many of them are all from polygamous background where they got kicked out cos the burden of caring for them was too much for the man who was decieved by Allah into believe that polygamy is right. Look at the high rate of illiteracy and poverty in Northern Nigeria with the Almajiri population swelling all due to polygamy promoted by islam.

If at this point you still believe Allah is right to have prescribed polygamy especially in this time and age, then i'll advice you to go ahead and marry 4 wives and see the level of pain you will cause for yourself and for that wife of your youth whom you deceived and ridiculed by marry other women. I know of a muslim man who married 4 wives. When this man grew old and was hit by stroke, all the other wives fled leaving behind the fourth wife who stood by him and took good care of him. Unfortunately, the man died afterwards. That was when the other wives returned to fight bloodily for his property. Is that the kind of end Allah wants for you?
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by sorextee(m): 7:51pm On Oct 21, 2017
Never have I seen children from a polygamous home lived in peace with one another. Im not saying this with respect to the Muslims alone. Some Christians are also into polygamy.
I dont know how the Quran explained polygamy, either it is written that marry up to four, if u re not satisfied sexually with one. I dnt know.

Theres this mallam in my estate, who has four wives hes just a shoe shiner. So far, he has 9 kids. He told me one day that his wish is to have 40 children, if Allah permits him. So I asked him how hes gonna raise them, he told me Allah will provide. Its obvious, these peeps are suffering cos his kids go around, knocking from door to door begging.

A friend of mine, from a polygamous home. His half bro felt their dad is giving preferential treatment to d oda wives and kids. His father came back from a journey. D said half asked his dad for money. His didnt give him. Days later, d guy, with the help of his frnds robbed d house. D father recognized him(despite d fact dey were all masked). To cut d story short, he shot his father.

Men who are polygamous face more than quadruple the risk of having blocked heart vessels, compared with men married to one woman.

not only does polygamy negatively affect the wives, it also has extremely harmful effects on children who were the product of such unions. So many are neglected by their father when he had obtained a new wife.

Last last ehn, polygamy Is bad.

Im waiting to read here, why polygamy is good, since we are all learning..
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by lazygal: 9:34am On Oct 29, 2017
uboma:

It is an innate thing.
And I don't blame ladies who detest the idea of being a second wife or the husband wanting to marry another wife.
Most ladies who are into Polygamy accept their fate because the society and religion imposes such lifestyle on them.
Given a choice, majority will gladly reject a Polygamous lifestyle.
This is why i have high regard for Muslim men who are content with just one wife.

How many of those men do not date. Sleep with women outside marriage ?mind u a lot of them areonogamous not by choice but due to the fetish means their wives go to just to ensure they don't or threats

Polygamy in this present era its the best the ratio of women to men is more that 1:4 now ..so who will Marty the others

If every woman is adamant let them not forget they have or will have daughters ,the might one day be divorcees or widows they might have aging daughters ..now most probably those best bet will be to marry as no 2 0r3
I know of a woman who refused and denied her husband and then the husband died ...she could nt cope and now wanted a married man to Mary her.
Cycle of life

Polygamy should be perrmitted all over the world
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by lazygal: 9:37am On Oct 29, 2017
sorextee:
Never have I seen children from a polygamous home lived in peace with one another. Im not saying this with respect to the Muslims alone. Some Christians are also into polygamy.
I dont know how the Quran explained polygamy, either it is written that marry up to four, if u re not satisfied sexually with one. I dnt know.

Theres this mallam in my estate, who has four wives hes just a shoe shiner. So far, he has 9 kids. He told me one day that his wish is to have 40 children, if Allah permits him. So I asked him how hes gonna raise them, he told me Allah will provide. Its obvious, these peeps are suffering cos his kids go around, knocking from door to door begging.

A friend of mine, from a polygamous home. His half bro felt their dad is giving preferential treatment to d oda wives and kids. His father came back from a journey. D said half asked his dad for money. His didnt give him. Days later, d guy, with the help of his frnds robbed d house. D father recognized him(despite d fact dey were all masked). To cut d story short, he shot his father.

Men who are polygamous face more than quadruple the risk of having blocked heart vessels, compared with men married to one woman.

not only does polygamy negatively affect the wives, it also has extremely harmful effects on children who were the product of such unions. So many are neglected by their father when he had obtained a new wife.

Quite me any where ; IF YOU C POLYGAMY FAIL ,ITS THE FAULT OF THE MAN.HE DID NOIT CARRY HIM DRLF RESPONSIBLY OR WAS WEAK ....ALSO NO FEAR OF GOD OR SELF CONTROL
I HAVE SEEN SUCCESSFUL POLYGAMOUS MARRIAGES

THE MEN DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN SLEEP QITH THEIR OWN MOTHER THEY MUST SLEEP WITH OTHER WIVES
IF SNY WIFE MAKES ANY STUPID ATTEMPT SHE IS DIVORCED ..THEY SHOW NO PREFERENTUAL TREATMENT OR DONT ALLOW WIFE A or Bro bring talk or report they summon all
I have seen steps grow up together as one becasue their father was a Man
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by uboma(m): 11:30am On Oct 29, 2017
lazygal:

How many of those men do not date. Sleep with women outside marriage ?mind u a lot of them areonogamous not by choice but due to the fetish means their wives go to just to ensure they don't or threats

Polygamy in this present era its the best the ratio of women to men is more that 1:4 now ..so who will Marty the others

If every woman is adamant let them not forget they have or will have daughters ,the might one day be divorcees or widows they might have aging daughters ..now most probably those best bet will be to marry as no 2 0r3
I know of a woman who refused and denied her husband and then the husband died ...she could nt cope and now wanted a married man to Mary her.
Cycle of life

Polygamy should be perrmitted all over the world

Faulty reasoning.

Polygamy should be based on choice and not made mandatory!
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by idreezbaba(m): 3:56pm On Oct 29, 2017
sorextee:

i dont want to throw insultive words @ you .. you wre just talking without thinking.. how can you say no children from polygamous home can live happily .. all the friends from polygamous home i know are all living happily together .. Allah is always right .
Even there is always conflict at monogamous homes too
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by cuteeme: 1:25pm On Jun 18, 2020
vedaxcool:

There is nothing sensible in loving a husband that cheats with women outside . . . since Islam does not permit a wife to marry 2 husbands the question should be reserved for those whose religion allows such. The issue of polygamy has little to do with education but human tendency to being the one and only, selfish, there are women far educated than you that are in polygamous marriage, so just reserve your ignorant quips appropriately
You quickly guilt-grip by saying monogamous men cheat, must you degrade men to the level of dogs?, i have peace of mind that am the only wife of my husband, even your so called alhajis still harbour concubines about. Even if he has a girlfriend outside, of which my sweetheart does not, am still not threatened because i still maintain my position as the legal wife and my religion abhors divorce. Its better i have a cheating husband, than hear my husband bonking another woman like myself, in the next room, or shamelessly marrying another to my knowledge, while i cook and share food on the wedding day, after i suffered with him, and now he is rich he now desires to marry another woman in the name of religion?, God knows the reason he didn't make me muslim. inasmuch as men are jealous, no apologies, am also a jealous woman.
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by cuteeme: 1:33pm On Jun 18, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Lets talk about the dangers of polygamy which islamic chauvinists fail to consider. In a polygamous home, there's never peace. Even when there seem to be a semblance of peace, it is usually deceitful and short lived. All wives hate themselves and are always in competition. This alone can make them resort to charms and voodoo to outdo the others for their husband's attention. What about the children? They live by the established divide and only show love to their mother's children alone. This divide goes on till death with hatred, wickedness, distrust etc all of which turns them into menace to society. If you ever come across a child raised in polygamous family, ask such a person to tell you whether he or she loves the half-siblings produce by the father. The expression on the person's face before answering will be more than enough answer for you.

If you check closely the life of a man with many wives, you will realize that he is never happy. Struggling to please your numerous wives equally is really a daunting task that can drain your mentality and run you insane. Men are still finding it difficult coping with just one wife, yet you believe a man can live peaceful with more than one. From constant nagging to separating of fights and quarrels, the man's daily life will be a living hell for him. How about caring for the tonnes of children produced? No matter how rich he may be, in terms of affording to send them all to the same good school, there will still be a reason that will make one of the wives feel her own children are not getting as much as the others. You speak of treating the wives equally, how is that possible when a man is designed to care for his first son much more better than the rest? If he is spending a million dollars on university fees on the first child who has attained that level, don't you think it is appropriate for him to spend that same amount on the children produced by the other wives who are yet to attain university status, according to your equality rule?

Polygamy has really destroyed the society and created poverty as well as criminals. Look at all those motor pack touts aka Agbero with names like Kabiru, Mukaila, Ganiyu, Sule, musiliu etc, many of them are all from polygamous background where they got kicked out cos the burden of caring for them was too much for the man who was decieved by Allah into believe that polygamy is right. Look at the high rate of illiteracy and poverty in Northern Nigeria with the Almajiri population swelling all due to polygamy promoted by islam.

If at this point you still believe allah is right to have prescribed polygamy especially in this time and age, then i'll advice you to go ahead and marry 4 wives and see the level of pain you will cause for yourself and for that wife of your youth whom you deceived and ridiculed by marry other women. I know of a muslim man who married 4 wives. When this man grew old and was hit by stroke, all the other wives fled leaving behind the fourth wife who stood by him and took good care of him. Unfortunately, the man died afterwards. That was when the other wives returned to fight bloodily for his property. Is that the kind of end Allah wants for you?
Pls loud it, yet its their women that run to use kayan mata on their husbands to get preferential treatment, if truly islam encourages equal attentiin to all wives, why should the women be threatened to use kayan mata is it not voodooism

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by AgentNairaland(f): 6:10pm On Jun 18, 2020
Some Comments Here Funny Menhh grin Muhammad Aishat's Husband Must Hear These
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by IMAliyu(m): 7:04pm On Jun 18, 2020
Isn't the answer obvious.

Try looking at it from their side.
If your culture supported polyandry, how would you like to share your woman with another man or a whole bunch of other men?
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by Xmuslim: 6:50am On Jun 21, 2020
The answer is in you. If your religion permits women to marry multiple men, won't you be jealous.

By the way, I am not against polygamy provided the wife gives her consent. I think it's double standard in the West for banning polygamy but permit lgbt. Both aren't harmful. Consent is the most important thing.
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by logicboy: 8:10am On Jun 21, 2020
Vedaxcool.

I remember that guy. Always arguing out of emotion for islam. I wonder if he has more than one wife. Lol
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by Xmuslim: 8:28am On Jun 21, 2020
idreezbaba:

i dont want to throw insultive words @ you .. you wre just talking without thinking.. how can you say no children from polygamous home can live happily .. all the friends from polygamous home i know are all living happily together .. Allah is always right.
Even there is always conflict at monogamous homes too

Allahu akbar grin. Allah is always right even when his book (Qur'an) go against established scientific fact and contradict common sense.

He is always right even when he made women as inferior being grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by Xmuslim: 8:41am On Jun 21, 2020
uboma:

Faulty reasoning.

Polygamy should be based on choice and not made mandatory!

I agree and I'm against those criminalizing polygamy. Human sexuality should be by choice and mutual agreement between the parties involved

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by vedaxcool(m): 11:09am On Jun 23, 2020
[s]
logicboy:
Vedaxcool.

I remember that guy. Always arguing out of emotion for islam. I wonder if he has more than one wife. Lol
[/s]

Islam gave you purpose.
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 06, 2020
vedaxcool:

Shut up ignoramus, a woman is under no obligation to marry or remain in a polygamous marriage ... she can even enter agreement with her husband that she will be his only wife . . . you have no understanding of what polygamy is in Islam
brother you sounded like the ignoramus here
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by whitelotus: 7:06am On Jul 07, 2020
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Islam gave you purpose.

Ogbeni, practice what you preach. Go and marry two wives.

I have rarely seen a peaceful polygamous home. It is rare. The few ones that are peaceful have an air of tension. For instance, the man has to walk on eggshells so that he buys the same things for both wives. If he sends one set of children from one wife abroad, he must send the other wife's children abroad too.
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by whitelotus: 7:06am On Jul 07, 2020
Alkhateeb:
brother you sounded like the ignoramus here

vedaxcool is usually ignorant
Re: Why Do Muslim Ladies Hate Polygamy? by uboma(m): 7:45am On Jul 07, 2020
Xmuslim:

Allahu akbar grin. Allah is always right even when his book (Qur'an) go against established scientific fact and contradict common sense.

He is always right even when he made women as inferior being grin

What do you mean in your last sentence? How are women inferior beings?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tell Us What You Think About Salatul - Fathi / What Benefits Has Islam Brought To Nigeria? (muslims only, please) / 52 Inspirational Quotes By The Holy Prophet Muhammad [ Peace Be Upon Him ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.