Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG (8837 Views)

NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage / New Allowance Coming For Corps Members- DG NYSC / North Is Safe For Corps Members - DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by ololadeajayi(f): 3:21pm On Feb 12, 2017
The Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps, Brigadier General Suleiman Kazaure, has admonished corps members to stop seeking relocation from the North to other states, saying the region is no longer volatile.

According to him, more than 50 per cent of corps members sent to the North usually seek relocation to other parts of the country.

Kazure told Saturday PUNCH that the recent development has not encouraged unity in diversity which the scheme preaches and stands for.

Addressing the 2016 Batch B Stream 2 corps members at the Niger State Permanent Orientation Camp in Paiko on Friday, Kazaure urged the corps members to keep an open mind and give the North a chance.

Kazaure, who was represented by the Director of Information and Communications Technology, Mrs. Christy Uba, said, “Do not dwell on the negative things you have heard about the North; do not seek relocation.

“I want to assure you that the people of the North are peaceful and friendly. Keep an open mind and give it a chance and a trial. Your being posted here was not by mistake; stay here and make some impact on the people of the state.”

The DG then encouraged the corps members to share their challenges with state and local government coordinators and desist from taking their grievances to the social media.”

In her address, the Niger State NYSC Coordinator, Mrs. Theresa Arokoyo, lamented the security challenges being faced at the camp, while calling on the state government to give corps members a permanent orientation camp that will be more secure.

Source: http://punchng.com/north-safe-corps-members-dg/

Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by MrEgbegbe(m): 3:30pm On Feb 12, 2017

Yea

That's true

The North is now safe, it's the safest place on earth

I was there last week when they killed 900 Boko haram members and captured their leader Shekau alive

May God bless Buhari, Buhari is the best President in the world

I pray that Buhari will rule Nigeria for 100 years

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by doublewisdom: 3:30pm On Feb 12, 2017
His children should go and serve there first.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by zainabxel(f): 3:31pm On Feb 12, 2017
Nigeria is not safe for anybody, especially the poor

2 Likes

Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by rottable(m): 3:31pm On Feb 12, 2017
God help us
Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by Snow5(m): 3:31pm On Feb 12, 2017
Send your children there first na....

Nor use people do experiment..

1 Like

Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by talk2archy: 3:32pm On Feb 12, 2017
rd
Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by Foxflames: 3:32pm On Feb 12, 2017
Lead by example....send your children first

4 Likes

Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by ogedokis: 3:32pm On Feb 12, 2017
God save us here... Cnt wait to leave nysc
Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by ayaside(m): 3:33pm On Feb 12, 2017
This is a SERIOUS joke.How much safe is safe enough for corpers..??

4 Likes

Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by NNVanguard(m): 3:33pm On Feb 12, 2017
Why risk the lives of young Nigerians when you can't provide the security to their lives and properties?

Is the Nigerian youth the proverbial cat with nine lives?

5 Likes

Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by ZirdoRoray(m): 3:33pm On Feb 12, 2017
Very true.. Apart from the terrorist zone. The north is safer than the south. Am a southerner and im verifying it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by ChuzzyBlog: 3:33pm On Feb 12, 2017
Well
Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by CplusJason: 3:34pm On Feb 12, 2017
Yeah, very safe for northerners......

2 Likes

Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by misteryman: 3:35pm On Feb 12, 2017
For Your Mind
Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by softMarket(m): 3:35pm On Feb 12, 2017
The north is peaceful esp Kaduna!
------------------------------------------

Bullshit!

Even abokis posted in the North wants to redeploy

they all want to go South East

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by NARYZ(f): 3:36pm On Feb 12, 2017
May God help us
Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by dingbang(m): 3:37pm On Feb 12, 2017
Let him take his office to the north... Iranu

1 Like

Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 12, 2017
But we live in fear here and it's total BS undecided
Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by gift01: 3:39pm On Feb 12, 2017
South is safe for Herdsmen esp Ekiti

1 Like

Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 12, 2017
I hate north very underdeveloped like sudan with primitive somalian looking people,the only good place in the north is plateau state

2 Likes

Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by Twallace: 3:41pm On Feb 12, 2017
ololadeajayi:

In her address, the Niger State NYSC Coordinator, Mrs. Theresa Arokoyo, lamented the security challenges being faced at the camp, while calling on the state government to give corps members a permanent orientation camp that will be more secure.

He assured them of adequate security while Coordinator lamented of security challenges in his presence. Politicians playing with Nigerians life since 1880

11 Likes

Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by infogenius(m): 3:41pm On Feb 12, 2017
How many of his children serve in the north currently?

Some people will just come on air and be saying nonsense.

1 Like

Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by Boleyndynasty2(f): 3:42pm On Feb 12, 2017
cheesy you're looking for people to sacrifice to BH abi? God pass you, let your kids and kins serve in the north ooh.

1 Like

Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by austine4real(m): 3:45pm On Feb 12, 2017
fear North
Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by Kundagarten: 3:45pm On Feb 12, 2017
Kazure told Saturday PUNCH that the recent development has not encouraged unity in diversity which the scheme preaches and stands for.

So we should go and die because the scheme preaches diversity, abi?
Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by olafum1(m): 3:47pm On Feb 12, 2017
Lie Muhammed
Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by mich24(m): 3:48pm On Feb 12, 2017
I can attest to that because few days ago I heard the Almirty Nigeria army has eradicated all Boko haram members in the region.

5 Likes

Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by sammyscholar(m): 3:51pm On Feb 12, 2017
I hate the fact that I will have to choose two nothern states. If I am posted there (which I never hoped for), I am very much likely to redeploy. I cannot best serve my country when I live in fear. I just wont give my best in a tensed atmosphere there - up North.

3 Likes

Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by iamawara(m): 3:51pm On Feb 12, 2017
austine4real:
fear North

It's just that u have never been there
Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by Rich4god(m): 3:57pm On Feb 12, 2017
I technically agree to that.... Apart from the issue of insurgency and some individual extremist (wch won't happen if you mind your own biznex), I don't think there is any state as safe as the northern states.
Re: North Is Safe For Corp Members - DG by buchilino(m): 3:58pm On Feb 12, 2017
ANAMBRA11:
I hate north very underdeveloped like sudan with primitive somalian looking people,the only good place in the north is plateau state

EZI OKWU KA E UKWURU

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG To Increase NYSC Allowance To N38,000 By March / NYSC Khaki, Crested Vest, And Cap Available In Ibadan / Batch B16 Pcms Share The States You Choose Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.