Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone (22160 Views)

9 Ways You Are Accidentally Damaging Your Smart Phone / 6 Things You Are Doing Now That’s Gradually Damaging Your Smartphone’s Battery / How Smartphones Are Gradually Damaging Your Eyes - MUST READ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by holatimmy(f): 7:38am On Feb 13, 2017
Ok sir....
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 13, 2017
6. Browsing on Nairaland

It's fun to be on the ogbonge Naija forum but when a new thread is posted on the front page, the First-To-Comment syndrome kicks in and everybody starts punching their devices mercilessly in a bid to be on page 1. Doing that overtime may damage your device
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by ipobarecriminals: 7:49am On Feb 13, 2017
that number one is my headache. Been receiving one useless message that I should activate my password/my email account. What can I do @ òp
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by frubben(m): 7:50am On Feb 13, 2017
Does rules might apply to the white but bro not the blacks.

Make I offf my phone because I want to allow the phone to rest. Na wa o.

I no buy yam make e come rest o
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by goingape1: 7:51am On Feb 13, 2017
femi4:
you are wrong, nothing kills charging IC faster than charging overnight. You can asking bb users
unless you are using a China phone! undecided

do your research well, all phones have a step down technology when fully charge power won't not enter the ba3
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by Bigsteveg(m): 7:56am On Feb 13, 2017
Mumu, u don't need to quote all the write up before stating your point.

#ReceiveSense
pr0blem:
nice Info bro
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by femi4: 8:08am On Feb 13, 2017
goingape1:
unless you are using a China phone! undecided

do your research well, all phones have a step down technology when fully charge power won't not enter the ba3
you don't get it, The phone emits heat which is dangerous for the motherboard. Ask bb users
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by joey150(m): 8:13am On Feb 13, 2017
femi4:
you are wrong, nothing kills charging IC faster than charging overnight. You can asking bb users
You are wrong. Most smartphones are made to cut off charging power when they are fully charged.except you use a very old phone.
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 13, 2017
Ioannes:

Are you just desperately trying to catch the op's attention or you're naturally ill-mannered? undecided
here bro => http://Google.com.ng
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 13, 2017
NOTED BUT I CANT DO WITHOUT ANY.

ASABA ULTRAMODERN MECHANIC VILLAGE AND AUTO PARTS MARKET NOW SELLING. CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 13, 2017
MrnovaLyn:
here bro => http://Google.com.ng

No my dear. I wasn't talking about whether you were factually right or not.

Your comment wasn't polite. I had to go back and check if she had attacked you in an earlier post to warrant you taking the post very personally.

I hope you understand.
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by unite4real: 8:27am On Feb 13, 2017
with number 4 you said "Just like computer..." I beg to disagree with you.

i have computers where i work that have been permanently on for years and they are going on strong including servers.

i have not put off my phone since December 2014 when i bought it. It is also still working like new.
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by BabyGirl114: 8:32am On Feb 13, 2017
oma gao
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 13, 2017
Ioannes:

No my dear. I wasn't talking about whether you were factually right or not.

Your comment wasn't polite. I had to go back and check if she had attacked you in an earlier post to warrant you taking the post very personally.

I hope you understand.
nah bruh I got no personal issue with her.
I was expecting her to qoute me not you, her post had no Source or Reference.
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 13, 2017
MrnovaLyn:
nah bruh I got no personal issue with her.
I was expecting her to qoute me not you, her post had no Source or Reference.

To quote you? After insulting her?

Well, this is beyond me. smiley
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by goingape1: 8:46am On Feb 13, 2017
femi4:
you don't get it, The phone emits heat which is dangerous for the motherboard. Ask bb users
only occurs in bb users right?
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 13, 2017
o ya make I add my own...

Pressing your phone under water will spoil the presi-motive device which is attached to the touch over the algorithm layer of fibers located in the screen

Pressing your phone when your mother is talking to you is risky too as it get the whole phone broken

You are are responsible for whatever you download so downloading some applications can attract men in black attention and can not only make your phone disappear from your very eyes, but also can give you a policeware; Hand-cuff

When you are charging your phone in a crowds place, ensure that you put extra protective efforts in place so that some klepto-virus won't vamooze it

Meanwhile please I just gave my last fvck to op,,, I will like to get some more fvcks in exchange with my bitcoins... who get some?
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by AceDomino(m): 9:51am On Feb 13, 2017
pr0blem:
nice Info bro

She's a Sis
Not a bro
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by CellTabRepairs: 9:51am On Feb 13, 2017
Price Slash For Your March To Success!

You CAN'T finish this resource from page A-Z and not become an established standard tech-support guru!
Service based tech support business remains the easiest, most lucrative venture for an economy in recession! Your CAPITAL IS YOUR KNOWLEDGE & SKILL!

Get(INVEST IN) the 2016 bestselling " Mobile Phones and Tablets Repairs : A Complete Guide for Beginners and Professionals " from Amazon marketplaces, Barnes & Noble, eBay etc. Everybody owns a phone today and that's an inexhaustible demand market.

Cheaper rates Now $, £, € for each marketplace!

Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by professore(m): 10:02am On Feb 13, 2017
It's nice
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by drewsman: 10:20am On Feb 13, 2017
I no gree with number 4
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by Lagban(m): 10:41am On Feb 13, 2017
Nice info bro.. I am guilty of #2 always. Fnx for d info.
AfterEarth:
1. Installing malware

One of the biggest misconceptions about
smartphones is that you don’t have to worry about
security with them nearly as much as you do with
your computer. But that’s a myth, and downloading
apps at random without doing your research is a
great way to end up with malware on your device.

Malware ends up on your phone via an app, so it’s in your best interest to avoid downloading apps from third-party stores or clicking download links on suspicious websites, even if they show the icon and name of an app you think you can trust.

Downloading an infected app is a great way to damage or even permanently ruin your phone, so your best bet is to only download apps from trusted sources, always be vigilant about what you’re downloading, and be careful about which apps you’re granting permissions, especially if you’ve rooted or jailbroken your phone.

2. Leaving your phone plugged in

Leaving your smartphone plugged in and charging all night isn’t great for the longevity of the device. It may not really be a problem to leave your phone plugged in for a couple of hours once it’s charged completely, since devices can limit the power being transferred to the battery once that battery is fully charged.

But there’s no benefit to continuing to charge your phone after the battery reaches 100%, and leaving the device plugged in for long periods of time can
generate excess heat and damage your phone.

Another great way to damage your phone as you
charge it? Leaving the device plugged in when it’s
tucked under your pillow or even just sitting on top
of your mattress. A smartphone heats up as it’s
charging, and if you don’t place it somewhere where
that heat can dissipate, it can overheat.

3. Allowing your phone to overheat

Speaking of overheating, your phone doesn’t have to
be plugged in for the device to get too hot. Whether
you’re reading the news on the beach or playing a
game at your neighbor’s barbecue, it’s relatively easy for your phone to overheat in strong sunlight. Even leaving your phone on the table while you jump in the lake can be enough to make your phone
overheat, and in some cases, a phone can get hot
enough to shut down when left in direct sunlight,
even in an air-conditioned room.

The problem there is that excessive heat can damage the battery. That’s never a good thing, particularly because most people want longer battery life out of their smartphones, not shorter times between charges.

Typically, a phone that overheats will shut itself off to prevent damage. But repeatedly pushing your phone to that point will likely do more harm than good, so shielding your phone from the sun, turning it off if you have to leave it in a hot car, and otherwise keeping your device at a comfortable temperature is a good idea to prevent accidental damage.

4. Keeping your phone on 24/7

Just like you turn your computer off when you aren’t
using it, it’s a good idea to shut your phone down at
least occasionally to give it a rest. Leaving your phone on all the time burns through the life expectancy of its components more quickly than you would by shutting it off every once in a while.

Regularly shutting down your device, or even simply rebooting it, will help ensure that caches are cleared and that everything is running smoothly. Think of it as a well-deserved power nap for what may be the hardest-working device you use on a daily basis.

Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by aksule(m): 12:29pm On Feb 13, 2017
Is there any damage to my smart phone battery if l use it simultaneously while charging. NEPA has not been kind to our ward in terms of power supply. Help.
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 13, 2017
Pile of crap.
Leaving your phone plugged in doesn't affect the battery life.
That's why it's called smartphone. Op have you heard of trickle charging? Go and do your research.

Leaving phone on all the time?
Come on bro, it's a phone not a human being. It never gets tired. My computer has been on for 3 weeks now and counting..
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 13, 2017
aksule:
Is there any damage to my smart phone battery if l use it simultaneously while charging. NEPA has not been kind to our ward in terms of power supply. Help.
It'll overheat and will kill the battery cells overtime.
Turn it off while charging especially if your phone is using the pump Express technology a.k.a fast charge.
Whatever you want to do should wait.
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by sfinkzslot(m): 7:16am On Feb 14, 2017
No. 1 gets a yes, the rest is just U sounding ur ideas, smartphones are designed to work through Nos. 2-4
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by pr0blem: 8:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
AceDomino:

She's a Sis
Not a bro
Oh Sorry me lady
Re: 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone by pr0blem: 8:04pm On Feb 14, 2017
Bigsteveg:

Mumu, u don't need to quote all the write up before stating your point.

#ReceiveSense
smh You won start abi

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Increase The Charging Rate Of Your Smartphone / Official List Of Infinix Smartphones To Receive Android 8 Oreo Update And Date / Huawei Wins Best 5G Core Network Technology Award In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.