Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg (4594 Views)

Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) / South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Shimba In Adamawa By 12 Midnight. Burn Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by LeSudAfricaine: 5:30pm On Feb 17, 2017
JacksonD7:

You spent the whole week blasting Nigerians and calling them criminals and you say you don't hate Nigerians. That's like burning down a forest of 30,000 trees and saying that you're an environmentalist.
its only okay when you talk shht about my people saying we are suffering from apartheid totally ignoring why those houses were burnt in the first place

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by LeSudAfricaine: 5:32pm On Feb 17, 2017
Jayceon:
honesty is not hate
thank you Jayceon, this guy is now playing victim. Smh

1 Like

Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 17, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
thank you Jayceon, this guy is now playing victim. Smh
he doesn't want to face the truth
Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 17, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
its only okay when you talk shht about my people saying we are suffering from apartheid totally ignoring why those houses were burnt in the first place
I think you should just leave that guy alone,in his mind nigerians are guardian angels who can never do no wrong

2 Likes

Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 17, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
you people are using nine year olds as prositutes and you have the audacity to blame south africans.

Please ignore them, they don't know shame. All they want is for South Africans to keep quiet while watching them commit crime.
Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 17, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Maybe not in your region, but they certainly do in South Africa. I have seen in Hillbrow Jozi with my own very eyes prostitution rings with 10-11 yr olds, run by Nigerians. How about that?!

Don't waste your time explaining things to someone who thinks committing crime is a sign of smartness
Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 17, 2017
JacksonD7:

I am a Nigerian not a criminal, there are millions of Nigerians out there who are respectable honest citizens. If you can say that Nigerians are criminally inclined because you saw a couple crime rings runs by Nigerians in Jo'burg, then we can also conclude that all Italians are criminally inclined because the Italian Mafia exists.

"A couple of crime rings run by Nigerians "is enough to give us a bad reputation, quit this show of shame, what are you defending?

1 Like

Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by AlPeter: 11:24pm On Feb 17, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
Are you kidding me? Not only in my "shallow" mentality. It's how the whole world sees you ,do you live under a rock?
you are Kenya, explains the Stupid.I.ty.
Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by AlPeter: 11:43pm On Feb 17, 2017
Pidgin2:

Please ignore them, they don't know shame. All they want is for South Africans to keep quiet while watching them commit crime.
imagine your loved ones killed just for being Nigerian
Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by MtuMsuper: 5:12am On Feb 18, 2017
Huddler:
[/s]

You mean your kenyan brothers weren't among the victims cos their names were never mentioned?
apple and oranges comparison. neither here nor there.
Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by Hbuyosh(m): 6:42am On Feb 18, 2017
AlPeter:
Bro, it's not just in Kenya where that stpid view about Ngrians prevail, it's evrywhere; Asia,Europe, the Americas...Nigerians are viewed with suspicion. Face the fact!

3 Likes

Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by AlPeter: 11:06am On Feb 18, 2017
Hbuyosh:
Bro, it's not just in Kenya where that stpid view about Ngrians prevail, it's evrywhere; Asia,Europe, the Americas...Nigerians are viewed with suspicion. Face the fact!
I understand that but the stupidi.ty of the kenyan is supporting The attack on innocent NigerianS for the crime of others
Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by LeSudAfricaine: 11:57am On Feb 18, 2017
AlPeter:
my name clearly explains my nationality and yet you call me Kenyan, you're the stupidd one heregringrin go read a book

2 Likes

Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by Hbuyosh(m): 3:37pm On Feb 18, 2017
AlPeter:
I understand that but the stupidi.ty of the kenyan is supporting The attack on innocent NigerianS for the crime of others
The guy isnt Kenyan, but SAn. U can even see from his id, frenchized I think.
Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by LordAdam7: 8:46am On Feb 19, 2017
Pidgin2:

The issue is not if the Nigerian criminals commit crime in SA, we're talking about the reaction.

The Nigerian prostitution rings in SA are not up to a tenth in efficiency as the rings run by the Air Lords in Europe. Read about them here on the BBC.

But you don't see the Europeans going ahead to raze the houses of Nigerians in their respective cities because of the actions of Nigerian criminals. That is the difference between civilization and barbarism.

SA has a well-equipped police force. If they investigated thoroughly like their counterparts in Europe rather than live off bribes from the same criminals they choose to vilify, they'd make more busts and keep the activities of these criminals in check.

You don't call your police to account, you don't ask your men to stop sleeping with under-aged girls (if you guys stopped, the criminals will stop using under-aged girls, they are businessmen. Here in Nigeria, open display of under-aged prostitutes is rare.), you don't even take the fight to the criminals; you just find anybody that is Nigerian and maim, kill, or burn their houses or businesses.

That scorched earth campaign is not befitting of a country that clams to the most advanced in Africa.

Even in India where they're getting increasingly intolerant of Nigerians, they don't carry Xenophobic attacks with the same frequency as South Africans.

Let's just say it as it is. Black South Africans are barbarians that should be shipped off the planet. You guys find the perfect excuse in Nigerians, but you guys also attack Zimbabweans, Malawians and other African nationalities. Before the end of Apartheid, you guys always had Xenophobic tendencies. The Mozambicans and Congolese would not forget in a hurry the xenophobia against them in the 80's.

The Xenophobia increased after 1994.

I've always maintained that it was against Nigerian interests to stand against Apartheid. And everyday I'm proven right, not only because of the xenophobia against Nigerians, but against other Africans. We should have just pushed for reforms, so we have a One China analogue in SA.

At least, we could count on the whites to find and punish killers and xenophobic criminals before Apartheid, now the blacks shield these killers and criminals.

Nigeria as the foremost black power on the planet has no apology for any country where criminals who are unfortunate to have emigrated from Nigeria operate. Same way Italy, Israel, Russia, China, Japan does not have apologies for anyone because of the criminal activities of their citizens around the globe.

The onus lies on host nations to ensure that foreigners abide by their laws, and when found wanting are made to face the law. Nigerians who are caught with drugs are imprisoned and placed on the death row in Malaysia. That is the law in Malaysia. And the Nigerian Foreign Mission as well as Nigerians accept that in good faith.

South Africa should behave like a country run by humans not animals and do same. Xenophobic attacks are not part of the penal code of SA. If they are, please point it out. Therefore any such attack on Nigerians in SA is criminal in nature. That the SA government and public condone such attacks make SA appear racist and intolerant.

Arrest Nigerian criminals in SA, don't burn the houses and loot the businesses of Nigerians. If your prison population can't take in more foreign prisoners, send them back to Nigeria. Our prisons are a deterrent to even the most-hardened criminals.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by JacksonD7: 7:42pm On Feb 20, 2017
Pidgin2:

"A couple of crime rings run by Nigerians "is enough to give us a bad reputation, quit this show of shame, what are you defending?

Firstly I was never defending Nigerian criminals, a bigoted South African believing the word Nigerian is synonymous with criminality came here on a rant and you are here defending him. My sister quit this show of shame.
Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by JacksonD7: 7:51pm On Feb 20, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:

You'd think civilized people would report crime to the police instead of burning houses, search your heart and tell me if you believe that was really the best course of action.
Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by JacksonD7: 7:58pm On Feb 20, 2017
Jayceon:
honesty is not hate

South African thinking :

Nigerian=Criminal

Honesty is a charm isn't it.
Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by danpossible(m): 2:25pm On Mar 11, 2017
phosky:
South-Africans burn houses of Nigerians in Johannesburg

source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/02/south-africans-burn-houses-of-nigerians.html
At least 15 houses either belonging or rented by immigrants, especially Nigerians, have been burnt by angry residents in Rosettenvile, south of Johannesburg. The residents are reported to be angry that foreign nationals had turned the neighbourhood into a drug haven.

Africa Review reports on Sunday that some shops belonging to foreign nationals in the area were also looted. South African residents in the area claim Nigerians had illegally taken over most properties and turned them into drug and prostitution dens.

The African Diaspora Forum (ADM) chairperson, Mr Marc Gbaffou, confirmed the attacks and blamed Johannesburg Mayor Herman Mashaba, for his inflammatory comments. Early last December, Mr Mashaba told a media conference that illegal immigrants got there criminally and should be treated as such. On Friday, he visited Rosettenville where he made claims that foreign nationals were using girls as young as nine as prostitutes in ‘drug houses’.

“According to community members, these homes are illegally occupied by Nigerian foreign nationals who run the homes as brothels and have girls as young as nine years old working as prostitutes. Many of the women in these brothels are also alleged to have no official identification documentation,” said Mr Mashaba. Mr Gbaffou said it was reckless for the mayor to make such a statement without proof.

“What proof does he have that foreigners are running these brothels? His remarks are very inflammatory, and it makes no difference that he has diverted from illegal immigrants to drug peddling. It is very dangerous and we see it as propaganda of hatred,” he said. A community leader, Mr Andile Tshem, called on residents to desist from violence, adding that it was high time law enforcement agents took action against criminals.

“We don’t encourage this at all, you cannot correct a wrong with another wrong. South African people must not be living on the streets when foreigners are using houses as brothels,” he said. Police have arrested a man found in one of the houses that were set alight in Rosettenville. Some Nigerians in Johannesburg have take to twitters to express their anger. Arewa Youth Forum ‏@ArewaYouthForum tweeted on Sunday, “Nigerians’ houses burnt in Johannesburg”

Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by Ehinmola(m): 4:04pm On Mar 11, 2017
And MTN and other blue chip companies owned by SA are still in Nigeria?
Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 11, 2017
South Africans and distorted and irrational mindset. It is not their fault but our leaders'.
Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by diablos: 1:24pm On Apr 15, 2017
[s]
Belthazor:
The beautiful thing about South Africa is that you can viciously kill a Nigerian and get away scot-free.

That's how useless these Nigerians are!
[/s]

A zulu is a sub specie african who thinks with his anus...even your foolish zulu president once said sex with virgins can cure Aids grin

1 Like

Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by tipsieoladj(m): 11:21pm On Apr 15, 2017
See this dumb sa moroons justifying the burning of nigerian own houses nd even some are claming all nigerians are criminals as if they no dey commit crimes.. Just imagine all this hiv infected peeps with high rape records saying shits..

1 Like

Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by zolapower: 9:06am On Apr 16, 2017
JacksonD7:

For a guy who hates Nigerians you're spending an awful lot of time on a Nigerian website, and while you're here blasting Nigeria your women are back home stealing cars nak3d which proves that South Africans are the best people on earth.

https://www.nairaland.com/3633093/stay-alert-robbers-now-use
guy I would rather u stop arguing with this lazy south African guy. The crime we are talking about here was given birth to by the whites ,ask him how many whites have they set there houses ablaze for the crime perpetrated against there people? After all,we saw what Mugabe is doing a true African ,who has taken all the land belonging to the white supremacists. Why can't they replicate such . Check out whom u are arguing with and see how hungry he's . Is anger here is not the crime rate perpetrated by nigerians but how we have also taken up thier beautiful women.
Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by zolapower: 9:19am On Apr 16, 2017
Pidgin2:

u just heard that already if truly u are Nigerian ,let the change begin with u. After mallala is not up to your age wen she advocated for child education . The legalisation of homosexual and lesbianism in South African ,is it our culture in Africa ? Since u now attributed the 100% crime rate committed in world to Nigerians . I'm a Nigerian and I will be a die hard Nigerian ,shame on u if u are a Nigerian . What manner of crime can be so inhumane like taken a fellow lady like u to the alter for marriage . There by telling God that procreation is a sin . I shm !!

1 Like

Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by JacksonD7: 10:14am On Apr 16, 2017
zolapower:
guy I would rather u stop arguing with this lazy south African guy. The crime we are talking about here was given birth to by the whites ,ask him how many whites have they set there houses ablaze for the crime perpetrated against there people? After all,we saw what Mugabe is doing a true African ,who has taken all the land belonging to the white supremacists. Why can't they replicate such . Check out whom u are arguing with and see how hungry he's . Is anger here is not the crime rate perpetrated by nigerians but how we have also taken up thier beautiful women.

I stopped arguing with him a long time ago, for some reason South African xenophobia doesn't reach the white supremacists who are the true problem for South African blacks. When they're done deluding themselves they can wake up and fix their country.
Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by pokipoki: 12:58pm On Apr 16, 2017
plainol:
I don't understand why these people are behaving like the Hausas and the Fulanis.
How exactly do Hausa and Fulani people behave? Please enlighten us.
Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by Ehinmola(m): 1:51pm On Apr 16, 2017
phosky:
South-Africans burn houses of Nigerians in Johannesburg

source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/02/south-africans-burn-houses-of-nigerians.html
At least 15 houses either belonging or rented by immigrants, especially Nigerians, have been burnt by angry residents in Rosettenvile, south of Johannesburg. The residents are reported to be angry that foreign nationals had turned the neighbourhood into a drug haven.

Africa Review reports on Sunday that some shops belonging to foreign nationals in the area were also looted. South African residents in the area claim Nigerians had illegally taken over most properties and turned them into drug and prostitution dens.

The African Diaspora Forum (ADM) chairperson, Mr Marc Gbaffou, confirmed the attacks and blamed Johannesburg Mayor Herman Mashaba, for his inflammatory comments. Early last December, Mr Mashaba told a media conference that illegal immigrants got there criminally and should be treated as such. On Friday, he visited Rosettenville where he made claims that foreign nationals were using girls as young as nine as prostitutes in ‘drug houses’.

“According to community members, these homes are illegally occupied by Nigerian foreign nationals who run the homes as brothels and have girls as young as nine years old working as prostitutes. Many of the women in these brothels are also alleged to have no official identification documentation,” said Mr Mashaba. Mr Gbaffou said it was reckless for the mayor to make such a statement without proof.

“What proof does he have that foreigners are running these brothels? His remarks are very inflammatory, and it makes no difference that he has diverted from illegal immigrants to drug peddling. It is very dangerous and we see it as propaganda of hatred,” he said. A community leader, Mr Andile Tshem, called on residents to desist from violence, adding that it was high time law enforcement agents took action against criminals.

“We don’t encourage this at all, you cannot correct a wrong with another wrong. South African people must not be living on the streets when foreigners are using houses as brothels,” he said. Police have arrested a man found in one of the houses that were set alight in Rosettenville. Some Nigerians in Johannesburg have take to twitters to express their anger. Arewa Youth Forum ‏@ArewaYouthForum tweeted on Sunday, “Nigerians’ houses burnt in Johannesburg”

. Enough is enough. Nigerian have stomach enough of this attack. Much as we don't support crime, we strongly believe in legal ways of addressing issues. Is there no police, courts in SA?. Why destroy the property and kill an accussed when they have not been pronounced guilty?. Nigeria is a peaceful country otherwise we may choose to chase away south africans,destroy their facilities in nigeria and let's see who will suffer most. The gentlity of a lion does not mean cowadice. South Africa forgot easily the role nigeria played to secure their freedom from apathied regime. Meanwhile nigerian leaving in SA should come back home instead of loosing their lifes recession or no recession.
Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by MARGIELA(m): 2:49pm On Jan 05, 2018
JacksonD7:

You can't use the criminal acts of a handful of people to judge an entire nation,there's no sense in that. By the way your people seem to have forgotten the role Nigeria played in the apartheid struggle, if this is how you choose to repay us well so be it.

How must we repay Nigeria by allowing these Nigerian criminals to run brothels and drug rings Your thinking is so Nigerian
Re: South-africans Burn Houses Of Nigerians In Johannesburg by MARGIELA(m): 3:03pm On Jan 05, 2018
LordAdam7:

The issue is not if the Nigerian criminals commit crime in SA, we're talking about the reaction.

The Nigerian prostitution rings in SA are not up to a tenth in efficiency as the rings run by the Air Lords in Europe. Read about them here on the BBC.

But you don't see the Europeans going ahead to raze the houses of Nigerians in their respective cities because of the actions of Nigerian criminals. That is the difference between civilization and barbarism.

SA has a well-equipped police force. If they investigated thoroughly like their counterparts in Europe rather than live off bribes from the same criminals they choose to vilify, they'd make more busts and keep the activities of these criminals in check.

You don't call your police to account, you don't ask your men to stop sleeping with under-aged girls (if you guys stopped, the criminals will stop using under-aged girls, they are businessmen. Here in Nigeria, open display of under-aged prostitutes is rare.), you don't even take the fight to the criminals; you just find anybody that is Nigerian and maim, kill, or burn their houses or businesses.

That scorched earth campaign is not befitting of a country that clams to the most advanced in Africa.

Even in India where they're getting increasingly intolerant of Nigerians, they don't carry Xenophobic attacks with the same frequency as South Africans.

Let's just say it as it is. Black South Africans are barbarians that should be shipped off the planet. You guys find the perfect excuse in Nigerians, but you guys also attack Zimbabweans, Malawians and other African nationalities. Before the end of Apartheid, you guys always had Xenophobic tendencies. The Mozambicans and Congolese would not forget in a hurry the xenophobia against them in the 80's.

The Xenophobia increased after 1994.

I've always maintained that it was against Nigerian interests to stand against Apartheid. And everyday I'm proven right, not only because of the xenophobia against Nigerians, but against other Africans. We should have just pushed for reforms, so we have a One China analogue in SA.

At least, we could count on the whites to find and punish killers and xenophobic criminals before Apartheid, now the blacks shield these killers and criminals.

Nigeria as the foremost black power on the planet has no apology for any country where criminals who are unfortunate to have emigrated from Nigeria operate. Same way Italy, Israel, Russia, China, Japan does not have apologies for anyone because of the criminal activities of their citizens around the globe.

The onus lies on host nations to ensure that foreigners abide by their laws, and when found wanting are made to face the law. Nigerians who are caught with drugs are imprisoned and placed on the death row in Malaysia. That is the law in Malaysia. And the Nigerian Foreign Mission as well as Nigerians accept that in good faith.

South Africa should behave like a country run by humans not animals and do same. Xenophobic attacks are not part of the penal code of SA. If they are, please point it out. Therefore any such attack on Nigerians in SA is criminal in nature. That the SA government and public condone such attacks make SA appear racist and intolerant.

Arrest Nigerian criminals in SA, don't burn the houses and loot the businesses of Nigerians. If your prison population can't take in more foreign prisoners, send them back to Nigeria. Our prisons are a deterrent to even the most-hardened criminals.

-Lord

Your stu-pidity is noted,South Africans are watching this comment,it will have consequences

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akure Socialite, Emirate Allegedly Commits Suicide After Mac / PHOTO: Dead Body Of Student Found In Lagos Hotel / JUST IN: Mass Execution: 23 Nigerians Killed In Saudi Arabia (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.