Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? (87841 Views)

Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa / Relocating To Awka. What Areas Are The Best To Live In, And Why. / 10 Most Popular Areas In Lagos And The Origin Of Their Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Mires: 1:59pm On Apr 14, 2018
mercyville:

But your tiny Igboland does not have good properties compared to SW states now: grin

Top 10: Most Expensive Property Locations in Nigeria.

Banana Island in Ikoyi, Lagos leads a list of the most expensive property locations in Nigeria.

PHOTO: A 4 Bedroom House at Banana Island in Ikoyi, Lagos

In Banana Island, a 3 bedroom apartment typically sells for N100Million ($625,000) and N450Million ($2.81Million) for a 5 bedroom house. Rental properties are very popular in this location and rent for a 3 bedroom apartment is typically N10 Million ($63,000) per annum.

The list, which was compiled from data gathered by PrivateProperty.com.ng, Nigeria’s largest property portal, revealed that in Nigeria, Lagos State has the largest pool of locations with expensive properties followed by Abuja, Nigeria’s capital city.

Other entries on the list include:
2. Maitama in Abuja (Federal Capital)

PHOTO: A 6 Bedroom House at Maitama in Abuja, Federal Capital Territory

3. Asokoro in Abuja (Federal Capital)

PHOTO: A 5 Bedroom House at Asokoro in Abuja, Federal Capital Territory

4. Jabi in Abuja (Federal Capital)

PHOTO: A 7 Bedroom House at Jabi in Abuja, Federal Capital Territory

5. Nicon Town in Lekki (Lagos State)

PHOTO: A 4 Bedroom House at Nicon Town in Lekki, Lagos

6. Ikeja G.R.A. in Ikeja (Lagos State)

PHOTO: A 4 Bedroom House at Ikeja G.R.A. in Ikeja, Lagos

7. G.R.A Phase 2 in Port Harcourt (Rivers State)

PHOTO: An Apartment at G.R.A. Phase 2 in Port Harcourt, Rivers State

8. Lekki Scheme I in Lekki (Lagos State)

PHOTO: A 5 Bedroom House at Lekki Scheme 1 in Lekki, Lagos

9. Alalubosa G.R.A. in Ibadan (Oyo State)

PHOTO: A 4 Bedroom House at Alalubosa G.R.A. in Ibadan, Oyo

10. Ibara in Abeokuta (Ogun State)

PHOTO: A 3 Bedroom House at Ibara in Abeokuta, Ogun

Oluwafemi Taiwo, Managing Director at PrivateProperty.com.ng, said: “We have listed over 100,000 properties since inception from over 2,000 real estate agents. This data was gathered by analysis of the price of properties listed on the website over this period”.

In Nigeria, there has been a surge in the adoption of technology by real estate practitioners whom in addition to listing their properties with portals also own and manage websites and a social media presence for their activities. According to the report, 6 in 10 estate agents own a website while 3 in 10 use social media to market their properties.

It is important to note that luxury rental property is the most popular and lucrative property category in these highbrow areas in Nigeria. These properties are mainly demanded by expatriates and non-residents who are interested in running their business activities in Nigeria. Oluwafemi stated that almost 50% of enquiries received via PrivateProperty.com.ng are from individuals outside Nigeria: expatriates and Nigerians in diaspora.

https://www.privateproperty.com.ng/news/top-10-most-expensive-property-locations-in-nigeria/

Why are you too full of yourself? How does Ibadan relate to Lagos such that you will be making reference to SW and pointing at Eko
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by armyofone(m): 2:10pm On Apr 14, 2018
Please what are the best hotel to stay at Ibadan ?

Grew up in Ibadan....fond memories of that city.
I wonder if army day, Ojoo still exist ?
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Bianda24: 3:20pm On Apr 14, 2018
Mokola is another good and cheap place to live
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mercyville: 3:29pm On Apr 14, 2018
Mires:

Why are you too full of yourself? How does Ibadan relate to Lagos such that you will be making reference to SW and pointing at Eko

I am sorry.I didn't know Lagos is in the SE. grin

4 Likes

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mercyville: 3:49pm On Apr 14, 2018
armyofone:
Please what are the best hotel to stay at Ibadan ?

Grew up in Ibadan....fond memories of that city.
I wonder if army day, Ojoo still exist ?
Ibadan

The capital of Oyo state Ibadan is located in south-western Nigeria, 128 km inland northeast of Lagos and 530 km southwest of Abuja, Nigeria’s capital and is a prominent transit point between the coastal region and the areas in the hinterland. Ibadan is famous for its history as the political and military nerve center of Yorubaland in the past. Ibadan is the second largest and arguably one of most robust indigenous cities in the country. The state’s airport is also located in Ibadan. Ibadan is also home to the prestigious University of Ibadan, the first university in Nigeria and as such Ibadan sees an influx of students year round.
Visiting Ibadan

Major means of transportation in Ibadan include buses, tricycles, taxis, and motorcycles. Air travel is the fastest way to get to Ibadan.
5-star hotels in Ibadan

There are several 5-star hotels in Ibadan, some include
Carlton Gate Xclusive

This is a top class hotel offering top class services and equipped with modern amenities to guarantee comfort and a luxurious stay.
Check-Inn Hotels

Check-Inn hotels is a traveler-friendly hotel situated in a lively area offering quality services designed to ensure a relaxing and enjoyable stay.
Kakanfo Inn and Conference Center

This hotel is right for vacations, romantic getaways, and leisure visits. It offers superb services in a spacious and modern facility.
Tips for choosing a hotel

When choosing a hotel in Ibadan, consider transportation, hotel reviews, services offered by the hotel and the proximity of the hotel to your primary place of interest.
Attractions in Ibadan

University of Ibadan
Agodi Gardens
UI Zoological Garden
Trans-Amusement Park
Mapo Hall
Palms Shopping Mall

https://hotels.ng/landing/168-five-star-hotels-in-ibadan

IBADAN HOTELS:
PREMIER ,BEST WESTERN,MAJERITA,GOLDEN TULIP,OWU CROWN,BUSINESS HOTEL ETC..

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mercyville: 3:57pm On Apr 14, 2018

1 Like

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mercyville: 3:59pm On Apr 14, 2018

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by don4real18(m): 4:58pm On Apr 14, 2018
doyinisaac:
Big is relative....the space for which business??
Will Graphics design thrive there
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by doyinisaac(m): 5:11pm On Apr 14, 2018
don4real18:

get an office at samonda area or anyother place close to university of ibadan
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by don4real18(m): 5:48pm On Apr 14, 2018
doyinisaac:
get an office at samonda area or anyother place close to university of ibadan
Thanks a lot... I really appreciate your reply
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by barragan: 8:20pm On Apr 14, 2018
don4real18:

Mokola is where you need to be at.

Will you interested in running a graphics design school in Ibadan? PM if you can do that.
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Gamesmart: 8:54pm On Apr 14, 2018
Checkout this lovely estate in Akobo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsJUKLCXtHo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by cicikhemy(f): 9:43pm On Apr 14, 2018
Apete is very very cheap with nice self cont ranging from 40 to 50

2 Likes

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by don4real18(m): 11:11pm On Apr 14, 2018
barragan:

Mokola is where you need to be at.

Will you interested in running a graphics design school in Ibadan? PM if you can do that.
I have sent you a PM
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Fabinu(m): 11:30pm On Apr 14, 2018
cicikhemy:
Is light stable dere?
Drop your contact pls or message me on 09052599361
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mediclife1987(m): 1:23am On Apr 15, 2018
sanchos9607:
250-350k for a 3 bedroom flat depending on area.
200 - 300k for a 2 bedroom apartment.

School fees are generally under 100k per term

How much is a self contain?
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by Kfed4ril(m): 1:54am On Apr 15, 2018
aywhy93:

Well, Abuja is special and Ain't even talking about structures, but I'll say that over and over again... I'm being specific. Only few of those who live in Kubwa, Wuse II in Abuja can afford to live in Aerodrome, Ibadan.

Again I’m asking you why involve wuse II to this, anybody that can pay house rent for wuse II can stay in any part of Ibadan.
How much is a 3bed self in your almighty Aerodrome?
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by aywhy93(m): 11:35am On Apr 15, 2018
Kfed4ril:

Again I’m asking you why involve wuse II to this, anybody that can pay house rent for wuse II can stay in any part of Ibadan.
How much is a 3bed self in your almighty Aerodrome?

Oh, I Can see where the problem is now. You don't even know how Aerodrome is not to talk of being there. FYI, you don't pay house rents in Aerodrome. You pay heavily for a piece of land there, then you submit your architectural piece for review and when it's approved. You proceed with your building. This process costs you millions of naira, in the hundreds. Or if you're really rich and don't want to stress, you buy a house there. Also, you can't see 3 bedroom flat, houses there are mansions with so many bedrooms, etc Aerodrome is for already made multimillionaires not newbie millionaires.

1 Like

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by morgang(m): 2:55pm On Apr 15, 2018
aywhy93:
I was Born and Brought up in Ibadan and I know IB City In and out... And I've also been to so many places in the Country and I must say, people have a very distorted view about Ibadan. There are places in Ibadan that has the same atmosphere with that of Lekki, Magodo, VI, etc in Lagos. The same way there are ghetto and slums too that competes with those in Lagos as well.

For example, It's almost impossible for an averagely rich person who lives in Magodo or some parts of Lekki in Lagos or even someone who lives in Kubwa or Wuse II in Abuja to afford living comfortably in Aerodrome in Ibadan, only if you're really super rich and can stay rich for years.

So, to those that see Ibadan mainly and only as a city of brown roofs... May Sense fall on y'all. AMEN

How dare you compare Aerodrome to Lekki ?
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mercyville: 9:00pm On Apr 15, 2018
aywhy93:

Oh, I Can see where the problem is now. You don't even know how Aerodrome is not to talk of being there. FYI, you don't pay house rents in Aerodrome. You pay heavily for a piece of land there, then you submit your architectural piece for review and when it's approved. You proceed with your building. This process costs you millions of naira, in the hundreds. Or if you're really rich and don't want to stress, you buy a house there. Also, you can't see 3 bedroom flat, houses there are mansions with so many bedrooms, etc Aerodrome is for already made multimillionaires not newbie millionaires.

Lagos,Abuja,Ibadan,PH,Abeokuta,Kano have some of the choicest and most expensive properties in Nigeria..

A FEW PIX FROM AERODOME,IBADAN.

1 Like

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mercyville: 9:06pm On Apr 15, 2018

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by daybour2002: 9:44pm On Apr 15, 2018
cicikhemy:

Please I need self contain urgently
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mercyville: 10:03pm On Apr 15, 2018
BUILDINGS OF TAYE CURRENCY IN OLUYOLE,IBADAN.

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mercyville: 10:08pm On Apr 15, 2018

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mercyville: 11:12pm On Apr 15, 2018
OLUYOLE ,IBADAN.

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mercyville: 11:15pm On Apr 15, 2018

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mediclife1987(m): 8:36am On Apr 16, 2018
happinesssssssss:
Agbowo is also a nice place to stay sha, BUT

What?
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mediclife1987(m): 8:39am On Apr 16, 2018
doyinisaac:
Mehn that akobo ehn....out of every 24 hours they have light for at least 18hours.....for those that love stable power supply then go to akobo....for those looking forward to mingle with fellow wealthy people or socialize then “aerodrome GRA” is for you...aerodrome is cool and it is not far from ventura mall and u have access to UI slayqueens too...lol.......but if u like clubbing very well and u want a place closer to some good clubs then just get an apartment at bodija or agodi.......

What clubs are around Agodi? None jarey. You talking clubs then talk of Challenge, Ring road where Bubbles dem dey...
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mediclife1987(m): 10:30am On Apr 16, 2018
yemi15:

You guys have come to spoil my lovely Ibadan Abi?

Self-con was 40k to 50k just like Jos is currently before Lagosians came.

Lagosians came, Ibadan landlords got greedy. No nice self-con is less than 60k now with agent fee to boot.

Sup bro, pls can I get a nice selfcon in Ibadan for 80k with agentfees inclusive?

No mind Lagosians jarey bro, anywhere them enter den go ensure they pollute the place like their Lagos. Soon Ibadan go become like Lagos now fikked with touts, street urchins and criminals, and omo boy will have to find another cool place to go chill...radarada.

When we dey tell them sey Lagos na scam dem dey yab us they call us bush man, now dem wan come drag space with us. Awon oni doti jati jati.

1 Like

Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mercyville: 10:40am On Apr 16, 2018
mediclife1987:

Sup bro, pls can I get a nice selfcon in Ibadan for 80k with agentfees inclusive?

No mind Lagosians jarey bro, anywhere them enter den go ensure they pollute the place like their Lagos. Soon Ibadan go become like Lagos now fikked with touts, street urchins and criminals, and omo boy will have to find another cool place to go chill...radarada.

When we dey tell them sey Lagos na scam dem dey yab us they call us bush man, now dem wan come drag space with us. Awon oni doti jati jati.

Are you abusing we the indigenes of Lagos or what? I have been posting Ibadan pix because I believe it is our,SW...political capital.Yorubas are one up to Kwara and Kogi West.Ciao
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mediclife1987(m): 11:00am On Apr 16, 2018
mercyville:

Are you abusing we the indigenes of Lagos or what? I have been posting Ibadan pix because I believe it is our,SW...political capital.Yorubas are one up to Kwara and Kogi West.Ciao

Wee you get out of my mentions. Who ask you question...go back to that dirty place you call Lagos.

Lagoon people....veey disgusting place to live in...happily dirty people
Re: Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? by mediclife1987(m): 11:03am On Apr 16, 2018
Chubhie:
I had the good,bad ugly experience in this city. I only miss the amala,gbegiri soup and the respectful nice ass ladies.

You mean the nice ass ladies are respectful? Waoh, that's veey cool oh...imagine a respectful ass bouncing on my kondo... tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Lightening Bolt Strikes Plane Full Of Passengers / Malnourished Lions At Port Harcourt Zoo. Nigerians React To Photo / My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.