Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Val's Day Is Haraam. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Val's Day Is Haraam. (1804 Views)

How Come What Is Haraam In Duniya is Halaal In Aljanah? / Stop Listening To Music, Its Haraam!!! / Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Val's Day Is Haraam. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 12, 2017
CELEBRATING VALENTINE’S DAY IS HARAAM IN ISLAAM!
Gathered by Abu Mardiy Kewdirôrun At-thaqoofiy

Praise be to Allaah and blessings of Allaah be upon His Messenger and Chosen Prophet.
It is not permissible to celebrate this innovated festival called "Valentine’s Day", because it is an innovation for which there is no basis in Islaam.
It comes under the heading of the hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“Whoever introduces anything into this matter of ours that is not part of it will have it rejected" (Bukhaari and Muslim)

This "Valentine’s Day" involves imitating the kuffaar (disbelievers) and copying them by venerating that which they venerate and respecting their festivals and rituals, and imitating them in something that is part of their religion.
In the hadeeth it says: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Aboo Daawood)
This "Valentine’s Day" results in evils and haraam things such as wasting time, singing, music, extravagance, unveiling, wanton display, men mixing with women, women appearing before men other than their mahrams, and other haraam things, or things that are a means that leads to immorality.
That cannot be excused by the claim that this is a kind of entertainment and fun.

The one who is sincere towards himself should keep away from sin and the means that lead to it.
It is not permissible on this day to do any of the things that are characteristic of this festival (Valentine’s Day), whether that has to do with food, drinks, clothing, exchanging gifts or anything else.
We, Muslims must adhere to the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah in all our affairs, especially at times of fitnah when evil is widespread.

May Almighty Allaah protect us from all temptations, visible and invisible.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Val's Day Is Haraam. by Origin(f): 9:41pm On Feb 12, 2017
THIS IS STRICTLY MY HUMBLE OPINION AND I AM LIMITED IN KNOWLEDGE.

That hadith relates to bidi'ah and to matters of religion.

For me the exchange of gifts which Islam promotes is not a festival. Do not commit adultery or fornication. Lower your gaze and restrict free mixing with opposite sex. It should be time well spent with your spouse (Marriage is key). Older couples are so busy with life that they often forget to show love to one another.

Of course this should be private. Due to showing off many private affairs is made readily available to the public.

Choosing special days like wedding anniversaries to express love and do acts of good for one's partner should not be forbidden. Like children's day (set aside for kids to have fun even though they have fun everyday) like mother's day(to show and help one's mother) fathers day( day to show love to fathers.)

In some people's lives it is only on these days that they are reminded to fun stuff and express love to their loved ones. Some would never visit their mother except on mother's day.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Val's Day Is Haraam. by Nobody: 2:13am On Feb 13, 2017

1 Like

Re: Val's Day Is Haraam. by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 13, 2017
I beg, Abdul kabeer, u understand Wetin dat dude for up dey talk?!

1 Like

Re: Val's Day Is Haraam. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 13, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

at all..

2 Likes

Re: Val's Day Is Haraam. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 13, 2017
Imagine what that lady us saying about her opinion in the matter if the deen.

Audhubillaah, ab'eri musibah!!!!!

Allaah's help is sought.
Re: Val's Day Is Haraam. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 13, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:
Imagine what that lady us saying about her opinion in the matter if the deen.

Audhubillaah, ab'eri musibah!!!!!

Allaah's help is sought.

perhaps she dont understand, you could explain to her....
Re: Val's Day Is Haraam. by AbuHammaad: 11:45pm On Feb 13, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

That one has kolomental grin cheesy. He comes here occasionally to whine about how we are worshiping Arabian God

I don't know how many times he will tell us that. Spamming nairaland with nonsense like his opinion counts grin
Re: Val's Day Is Haraam. by AbuHammaad: 11:46pm On Feb 13, 2017

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Val's Day Is Haraam. by AbuHammaad: 11:49pm On Feb 13, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Val's Day Is Haraam. by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 14, 2017
AbuHammaad:

That one has kolomental grin cheesy. He comes here occasionally to whine about how we are worshiping Arabian God

I don't know how many times he will tell us that. Spamming nairaland with nonsense like his opinion counts grin
He's alai nikan se fellow.
Re: Val's Day Is Haraam. by Empiree: 1:15am On Feb 15, 2017
quickly:

Islam itself is haram. Y u ppl no wan engage ur brain and keep bowing down to Arabian go.ds.

If we look at the world u will find that the Arabian go.d is placed 3rd after the Asian and European go.ds.

Arabs are only better than us by an inch and they use this stupid religion over us while u pray to a stone in mecca.

Make una kontinu
Fake Love enjoy while it lasts. undecided Fake Love Everywhere

Re: Val's Day Is Haraam. by Drinkwater06: 4:39pm On Feb 15, 2017
AbdelKabir:

at all..

Hahahaha grin grin you are funny.
Re: Val's Day Is Haraam. by Seun(m): 5:13pm On Feb 15, 2017
Why can't a man celebrate Valentine's day with his wives? I don't think celebrating love with your wives is forbidden by any scripture.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Val's Day Is Haraam. by Lagusta(m): 6:22pm On Feb 15, 2017
Seun:
Why can't a man celebrate Valentine's day with his wives? I don't think celebrating love with your wives is forbidden by any scripture.

Sir, I believe what they are trying to say is, selecting one single day to wear red like a Shango worshipper, exchange gifts and have a sex spree, while other days are as boring as a low budget Nollywood movie, is Haram..... Even for married couples....

However, I wish you can regulate how people post matters of the religion on the forum, so that not any "Tom Dick or Harry" would just claim to know all and be embarrassing others, the way two posters picked on the post by origin, that's bad.... Everyone is entitled to their opinion and not everyone wants to be brainwashed......

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah / Is This Section A Secular Muslim Forum Or An Islamic Muslim Forum / Yasmin Mogahed On Love, Marriage Selecting Your Life Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.