Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners (32303 Views)

AMVCA 2020 Full List Of Winners / AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners / Dstv Nigeria Packages/bouquets & Subscription 2017 – The Complete Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners by ChappyChase: 4:47pm On Feb 13, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
When will sia win a grammy?
You go die of heart attack if you take Grammy serious!
Those guys and headis Na same keke carry them!
Re: Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners by oneroflo57(m): 4:48pm On Feb 13, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
When will sia win a grammy?

Probably when she starts being half naked...those ppl de craze.. as good as she is

Most of her songs since 2014 were really super but no award....na dat fat Briton dem go de park awards give

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners by ChappyChase: 4:53pm On Feb 13, 2017
sathel:
Adele just winning award. I don't really feel that album

my opinion tho
Nobody felt that wack of an album!
Re: Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners by seifini(m): 5:09pm On Feb 13, 2017
I remember in Drake's 'Draft day' track he sed "if I left D ish 2 chance I would av chos en a name like chance the rapper...' but now Chance the rapper won best rap album that Drake was also contending for.Dreams come true,bruh.
BTW I am a dope proofreader,editor and writer of articles.
Re: Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners by Ramirezkhay(m): 5:11pm On Feb 13, 2017
verygudbadguy:
Bigups to Starboy.

Even though he didn't get the gong, he became a winner immediately he was nominated for the prestigious award. He has proved himself to be leader among his contemporaries with the nomination.

Billboard already recognized him for writing One Dance... 2017 is going to be massive for Wiz.

Vybz Kartel just announced a collabo with Starboy too.
the song is out already man... Go cop it

1 Like

Re: Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners by franklingud(m): 9:34pm On Feb 13, 2017
coded01:
Tuface on the list?
Wetin 2face don sing wey go make am win a Grammy?
Even Sia never win Grammy, u dey talk of 2face.
Re: Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners by sabi99(m): 11:35pm On Feb 13, 2017
Dongreat:

The Grammy is ran by a group of mafias and if you don't belong you are not viewed as good enough. People think it's votes but like every system it's highly flawed.
Like the oscars the Grammy has lost true value over the years and done just to please a particular cult. Sia is the undisputed queen of pop because her music are not only mesmerizing but her lyrics are true, capturing the heart of lost souls and bringing reliefs to the hopeless.
sia is dah best. Chandelier is a song I wl never 4get in my life.
Re: Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners by uzolexis(f): 12:49pm On Feb 14, 2017
Elxandre:
7 years is actually better than Hello by miles!

exactly, lukas Graham deserved a grammy for that song.
Re: Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners by uzolexis(f): 12:51pm On Feb 14, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
When will Sia win a Grammy?

So you mean Sia has not won a grammy with all the amazing hits she has been dropping #adonbelivit
Re: Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners by popizaino(m): 1:38pm On Feb 14, 2017
Right from the very first day u listened to HELLO by adele I knew it was a Grammy material. Thank God she won though.
Re: Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners by MicKaro: 2:44pm On Feb 14, 2017
Adele is the epitome of mediocrity, can somebody tell me improvements that took place during 25? nothing different from 21, a white lady singing soul about breakup, receives critical acclaim but a black lady sings the same soul, no critical acclaim.The Grammy's are crap, last year 1989 won over TPAB,mediocrity is really promoted if you are white.Lemonade will go down as on of the greatest album ever made this century,25 on the other hand an average and mediocre album.Blonde remains album of the year for me.
Re: Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners by MicKaro: 2:46pm On Feb 14, 2017
ChappyChase:

Nobody felt that wack of an album!
Overrated piece of crap wins AOTY, just like last year, Nigerians claim Hello is better than Formation angry grin SMH.
Re: Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners by MicKaro: 2:50pm On Feb 14, 2017
Koolking:

You think the kid is upcoming on global stage? Hell no! He's still a foetus. He happens to holdsway in Nigeria because we are a noisy people. We don't care about 'music'. What drive us wild is noise not lyrics. Anyone can cook up a ballroom beats but stringing words together to make meanings with lyre is where talent comes in.

The kid and the rest are all media-hyped, hence their short-lived in the scene. Once the hype is all evaporated, they vanish with the vapour. Good music outlive any artiste.

The bold part is typical of Nigerians. They are typically docile and ready to settle for less because creativity, innovation and originality is believed to be impossible in Nigerian setting.
Spare me this anti Nigerian music crap, the top earning American artists also sing crap,stop buying the music if you don't like it.
Re: Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners by Koolking(m): 3:10pm On Feb 14, 2017
MicKaro:

Spare me this anti Nigerian music crap, the top earning American artists also sing crap,stop buying the music if you don't like it.

Do we even make music in Nigeria? Music died in Nigeria in late 90s. We make noise now my friend?

Why should I invest in noise when I can get it free in Lagos bus stops and street corners? Sir, I understand your plight, we are a people known for giving credit to mediocre. We lack taste for talent and creativity.
Re: Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners by clerkent(m): 3:11pm On Feb 14, 2017
I taught I saw Terry g name there. who delete am. bring am back oooo.
Re: Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners by MicKaro: 3:22pm On Feb 14, 2017
Koolking:

Do we even make music in Nigeria? Music died in Nigeria in late 90s. We make noise now my friend?

Why should I invest in noise when I can get it free in Lagos bus stops and street corners? Sir, I understand your plight, we are a people known for giving credit to mediocre. We lack taste for talent and creativity.
Bad music is not an affliction affecting only Naija music industry, it is everywhere, compare Grammy winners today to those in the 90s,my brother, the difference is as clear as day and night, blame the younger generation not the artiste,they are only doing their job,hope you got my point.Thanks.
Re: Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners by Koolking(m): 3:57pm On Feb 14, 2017
MicKaro:

Bad music is not an affliction affecting only Naija music industry, it is everywhere, compare Grammy winners today to those in the 90s,my brother, the difference is as clear as day and night, blame the younger generation not the artiste,they are only doing their job,hope you got my point.Thanks.

We are too docile, any one can exchange poo for our hard earned money. We worship mediocre thereby directly encouraging more mediocre. Nigerian artistes are all cult-personalities (media hyped), they got nothing creative to offer. Asa makes good music, but she can't sell in Nigeria - our understanding of talent and music doesnt consider Asa.

I listened to CoolFM this morning because a friend requested I should - that he was going to call the station on relationship issue. During one of the programs, I heard a lady who claimed to be a rap artiste full time, Something 'kokoice' (dunno if that's correct) . I was hard on myself and full of regret after listening to her freestyle on air. Nigerians were actually calling to congratulate her on her upcoming album. Damn! What exactly will be the contents of the album? Definitely noise. We deserve what we get.
Re: Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners by MicKaro: 4:24pm On Feb 14, 2017
Koolking:

We are too docile, any one can exchange poo for our hard earned money. We worship mediocre thereby directly encouraging more mediocre. Nigerian artistes are all cult-personalities (media hyped), they got nothing creative to offer. Asa makes good music, but she can't sell in Nigeria - our understanding of talent and music doesnt consider Asa.

I listened to CoolFM this morning because a friend requested I should - that he was going to call the station on relationship issue. During one of the programs, I heard a lady who claimed to be a rap artiste full time, Something 'kokoice' (dunno if that's correct) . I was hard on myself and full of regret after listening to her freestyle on air. Nigerians were actually calling to congratulate her on her upcoming album. Damn! What exactly will be the contents of the album? Definitely noise. We deserve what we get.
ASA music is for a niche market, believe it or not she has legions of fans home and above, if she organizes a show with gate fee of 500k at Eko hotel or suites, people will fill up the whole place.My point is mainstream Nigerian music is bad as it is everywhere but I get your point,mediocrity has far been celebrated in Nigeria, it now seems like the norm.Thanks.
Re: Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners by Koolking(m): 4:30pm On Feb 14, 2017
MicKaro:

ASA music is for a niche market, believe it or not she has legions of fans home and above, if she organizes a show with gate fee of 500k at Eko hotel or suites, people will fill up the whole place.My point is mainstream Nigerian music is bad as it is everywhere but I get your point,mediocrity has far been celebrated in Nigeria, it now seems like the norm.Thanks.

Thanks for your thoughts
Re: Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners by MicKaro: 4:35pm On Feb 14, 2017
Koolking:

Thanks for your thoughts
Thanks for yours too.
Re: Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners by yusfatedeeprof(m): 12:31am On Feb 15, 2017
What is special about that adele album angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fire guts Sir Gabriel Igbinedion’s ITV Benin (Photos From The Incidence) / BBNaija: Lolu, Rico Get Strike From Big Brother / #BBNaija: Housemates Banned From Laughing And Touching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.