Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:36 PM

The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With (7713 Views)

See What This Girl Did To Her Boyfriend.some Girls Are Desperate. / I'm So Ashamed Of Guys Who Do This..... / When Girls Are Desperate To Get Married(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by mavenbox: 3:26pm On Dec 06, 2009
The oldest and most exasperated question I have ever seen guys ask is "What do women REALLY want?". Well, to answer that question, we will need to make a little digression. Stay with me. Or else, if you are impatient, you can jump straight to the list of 8 guys down below.

In the story of Cupid and Psyche (most beautiful woman on earth), Venus (goddess of love) is jealous of Psyche's beauty and asks her son (Cupid)
to make Psyche fall in love with an evil creature. Instead he fell in love with Psyche by mistakenly piercing himself with one of his own arrows. He flees when she discovers who he is, but she's already in love and has to undergo numerous trials to get Cupid's forgiveness for her lack of faith and appease Venus' wrath. Eventually Cupid appeals to Zeus (ruler of gods), who grants the pregnant Psyche immortality. Psyche and Venus are grudgingly reconciled, while Psyche gives birth to Volupta (goddess of sensual pleasures) afterwards.

If you're the type that has an intense desire to be bored, see the full story as told by an old woman in "The Golden Ass" (the only original Latin novel to ever survive in its entirety)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cupid_and_Psyche
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_Ass

And now my own add-ons to the story, cheesy

The next time Psyche gave birth, she had octuplets: 8 gods. It was uncommon among gods to have so many offspring, but she was still quite new to all the godliness stuff. None of the eight sons were handsome, but each was uniquely romantic in their own way. Venus was even more jealous but could not attack a fellow goddess, so she made the octuplets irresistible to mortal women. This was to punish them by breaking their hearts when they start dreaming of going Psyche's way - falling in love with a god. In fact, these eight were so overpoweringly irresistible that some women were simultaneously attracted to two or three of them at once.

Back to the topic:

This attraction is based on personality, communication, achievements, etc but women are usually not consciously aware of why they react to them, regardless of their religion, lifestyle, occupation, socioeconomic status or age.

Meet the octuplets of Cupid and Psyche: the EIGHT types of guys that women are desperate to hook up with

As you read this, you may want to think about Nairaland guys, you will see that "by their fruits, they are known". Judging by people's behaviour on NL, you can judge who belongs where, tongue

AIGEE the daredevil.
He's dangerous and thrilling to be around. He's your everyday bad-boy and troublemaker (He probably had some mortal proteges in your school or street, people might have called them ex-convicts, cultists, terrorists or touts). The women who fall in love with him claim that "He will always protect me". This is after Aigee has caught them,

CAGITA the adventurer.
He's fun and exciting to be around. He's the fantastical funlover, a wild person without any regard for norms (would never do any two things the same way). You've seen mortals like him: they may not really know where they are going but they are going there will all their might, laughing each day in the face. He can create an atmosphere of fantasy around him, and those who step into it never notice time passing them by. His lovers claim "It's never a dull moment with him".

THRENON the sensitive.
He's complex, creative and enigmatic. Often quiet and reserved, he has a powerful imagination. When he's not quiet, He's a comedian, an artist, a musician, a dancer, an instrumentalist, an entertainer, an author, a poet. The most quiet guy that was in your class is probably the best example of a mortal that's like Threnon. Another example is any guy who actually followed (or will follow) the link above to read the original story of Cupid and Psyche. That's what Threnon himself did, too, immediately I wrote it! Despite his creativity, Threnon can be very predictable but his women claim "It's almost like he can read my mind!"

HAELSTRAPH the seducer.
He's a womanizer. Period. Or not. His preoccupation is lying to each one of his lovers and making them feel sensual and dependent on him. I'm certain you have met many of his mortal friends. The women who have bought his lies repeat the fibs to their own hearts, "He makes me feel feminine".

BREEBOR the loyal.
He's regular, down-to-earth and loyal. A rare god, he is actually humble. He, like Threnon the sensitive, is also very predictable: you only need to imagine what Aigee the daredevil would do, and Breebor would do the exact opposite. He is the definition of stability to those that love him, and they would always say "He's the kinda guy I'd like to marry" but not always mean it.

SAEUBIO the controller.
He's a sure-footed toughball who enjoys telling people what to do. He always seems to be confidently sincere, even if he's confidently and sincerely wrong. This twisted daddy-figure bosses his lover around, telling her what to do and when and where to do it. He's certain his lover(s) can never make the right decision, so he keeps ordering her around. His lovers would often pause while being shoved around to say "He always knows what I should do in any circumstance".

MAGUS the genie.
He's what is called a lackey (or, to allow the colloquial term: an ass-kisser). Magus is a magic-wand, a genie for those that love him. He will always give them whatsoever they want, doing whatever the women need for them even if it would cause their growth to be stunted (And now Magus reminds me of a guy in school who used to do all the assignments & tests for his class girlfriend, ). He is a god, but he's her boy as well. She would always defend him from her friends, saying "Leave him alone. He's very very nice".

VIDACE the provider.
He's like a vending machine, providing a great lifestyle of stability and means. He often claims that he has today's answer for the provisions you don't know you need, but will realize you need tomorrow. Unlike Magus the genie, Vidace doesn't give anything away for free. This god will always receive payments as soon as he knows his lover is hooked, as she says, "He's a big boy, making other women envy us. He's got class!"

And there you have it. Girls, Ladies, Women beware! I hear these eight sometimes tag on in smaller teams of two or more, combining forces to try to win your heart. A word is enough for the wise,

Disclaimer:
I am not a "feminist", I am not a misanthrope, and I am very straight. I'm just being playful, having fun with the article. Men are not as terrible as I'm making them sound with the eight types I described here.

(c) Mavenbox 2008
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by Seun(m): 11:06pm On Dec 17, 2009
Unblocked. Apologies.
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by Igwe9(m): 11:10pm On Dec 17, 2009
ah, ah! long story, bookmarked to read later

1 Like

Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by mavenbox: 11:13pm On Dec 17, 2009
@Seun: Thank you for restoring the article!!!! I had given up all hope on this one!! LOL grin grin grin
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by H2O2: 6:52am On Dec 18, 2009
This is a diluted attempt to answer the question of what women want, albeit still noteworthy nonetheless.
There are far too many angles to delve into if anyone is to attempt to answer a question as complex as that.
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by olanajim(m): 7:09am On Dec 18, 2009
a nice one. Though time has change, the characters are still living up the dream.
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by mavenbox: 7:18am On Dec 18, 2009
@H2O2: LOL. What do women want? We want more of whatever our female friends want, but our female friends don't really know what they want, either! tongue

@olanajim: LOL Yeah something like that. Thanks!
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by H2O2: 7:46am On Dec 18, 2009
LOL .  Indeed!  There's definitely no denying that too many girls bog down their men with their want for material satisfaction.

mavenbox:

@H2O2: LOL. What do women want? We want more of whatever our female friends want, but our female friends don't really know what they want, either! tongue

I presume that's the tactic girls employ to encroach their status-quo, as in to keep them in vogue or to make them the buzz/talk/envy of their friends, a.k.a the trend setter of the clique.  It becomes a glamour competition between the girls.  A glamour competition that is detrimental to us dudes because it leaves us confused.

Heh, just ignore my rant . . . it probably doesn't make too much sense to you.

I know what I want, although I don't expect to have it handed to me on a silver platter. 

Wow I am hurt. lol
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by mavenbox: 7:55am On Dec 18, 2009
^^^Nah I'm not available cool but thanks for finding my silly comment above interesting! grin grin grin

Gals in the house, was my assertion to H2O2 correct or it's just me?
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by Kelvinj(m): 8:14am On Dec 18, 2009
**walks in & out**
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by hax: 8:43am On Dec 18, 2009
HAELSTRAPH the seducer.
He's a womanizer. Period. Or not. His preoccupation is lying to each one of his lovers and making them feel sensual and dependent on him. I'm certain you have met many of his mortal friends. The women who have bought his lies repeat the fibs to their own hearts, "He makes me feel feminine".
With a name like that, you'll know he likes to straf. lol
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 18, 2009
Makes a guy uncomfortable wen a lady finds out some of our deep secrets but also makes the lady attractive
good one
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by delagasky(m): 9:29am On Dec 18, 2009
@poster,
lovely article, i havent read anything like it on nairaland at least not in this romance section!! im finding it difficult to know what kinda man i bliv cos i sorta see myself in like 3 or so types. nice o tho
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by echobee(f): 10:08am On Dec 18, 2009
@poster,
thanks so much,this is lovely
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by LordReed(m): 10:25am On Dec 18, 2009
Bravo mavenbox.

delagasky:

@poster,
lovely article, i havent read anything like it on nairaland at least not in this romance section!! im finding it difficult to know what kinda man i bliv cos i sorta see myself in like 3 or so types. nice o tho

Like all types of analysis of the human condition you can not distil pure essence there will always be a mixture. However you must discern the most dominant trait and use the strengths of the others to support it.
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by nuclearboy(m): 10:55am On Dec 18, 2009
Niceeeee!

I think you have an inclination towards THRENON. Is that the name of your husband?

Talking of stories related to the Greek gods, have you any idea where a copy of the original "Greeks and Trojans" can be found/downloaded online?
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 18, 2009
A story well said and interpreted perfectly. As a guy i find it hard to say where i belong in those categories. Is it not possible to combine two of their features?
@ Maven maybe you can help determine which one i belong to.
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by LordReed(m): 11:39am On Dec 18, 2009
nuclearboy:

Niceeeee!

I think you have an inclination towards THRENON. Is that the name of your husband?

Talking of stories related to the Greek gods, have you any idea where a copy of the original "Greeks and Trojans" can be found/downloaded online?

Try Wattpad.com
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by Emperoh(m): 11:52am On Dec 18, 2009
Wonderful!!!

@Poster
Which one are do u have as a BF?
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by mavenbox: 12:00pm On Dec 18, 2009
@hax: lol. Name aptly chosen!

@emperor: Lol.

@adolphe: thanks, but i think they are obvious if one looks hard enough! My opinion.

@delagasky/chipmunky: i think many guys combine like 3 or 4 of the traits actually. Few guys have 2 and some kinda strange guys hav only 1 of the traits! Your best buddie can tell you which ones. But dont forget, its just my silly theory.

@Lord Reed: thanks! You sorta nailed that mixture thing. Yeah.

@Nuclearboy: Wow. I dont know what to say now. Hmm. You must be telepathic! Lol. Let me say, kinda yes, cos i observed people close to me in order to give the characters some depth, but those names are all a product of my imagination. As for the Greek stuff, i dunno but i could help u check it up sha. Thanks to Lord Reed, u can try starting from the place he mentioned. Cheers, bro.
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by delagasky(m): 12:01pm On Dec 18, 2009
I can see so much of Threnon and a slight flush of Brebbor
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2009
Wouldn't want to say which one i belong to here. According to your theories.
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by cuteromntc: 12:30pm On Dec 18, 2009
@poster
were u high when u posted this?very boring and silly.pls go get a life
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by mavenbox: 12:43pm On Dec 18, 2009
^^^ Were you drunk when you clicked the link, and too dizzy to see the disclaimer that its just witty fun and I meant no harm? If the site owner thinks the article is worth staying on his site, who in a dirty old man's shoes are you to say such?

Get busy with a job or snooze at home with the fishes grin, just get off nairaland, you thread-troll. tongue
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 18, 2009
@Maven no matter how much you try, there will always be a disgruntled person on your thread.
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by mavenbox: 1:19pm On Dec 18, 2009
@Chipmunky: thanks, i know. I ignore some disgruntled people and reply others. I saw that guy's previous posts on other threads and I figured he's the kind that needs a rebuttal in order to improve.
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 18, 2009
Whats happening today, I'm on YIM.
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by LordReed(m): 2:34pm On Dec 18, 2009
mavenbox ur post may seem silly to u but I tink it'll give us guys a better insight to the female mind.
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by nuclearboy(m): 4:53pm On Dec 18, 2009
Lord Reed:

Thanks for both posts. I'll look up wattpad.com and the insight thing is spot-on!
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by GL(f): 6:30pm On Dec 18, 2009
nice article.

a Breebor/Threnon combination would be great
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by sofadj(m): 7:57pm On Dec 18, 2009
THRENON the sensitive.
    He's complex, creative and enigmatic. Often quiet and reserved, he has a powerful imagination. When he's not quiet, He's a comedian, an artist, a musician, a dancer, an instrumentalist, an entertainer, an author, a poet. The most quiet guy that was in your class is probably the best example of a mortal that's like Threnon. Another example is any guy who actually followed (or will follow) the link above to read the original story of Cupid and Psyche. That's what Threnon himself did, too, immediately I wrote it! Despite his creativity, Threnon can be very predictable but his women claim "It's almost like he can read my mind!"

fhuck up. ds guy sounds like moi, but not moi
Re: The Eight Irresistible Kinds Of Guys That Women Are Desperate To Hook Up With by Mavenb0x(m): 4:13am On Dec 20, 2009
LOL tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Look At What Was Killed In Our Compound Today / Ladies: Can U Kiss Your Boyfriend Early Morning Without Brushing His Mouth / I Have Been Starved For Long, I Need A Man To Chop Me Freely – Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.